Phone Call

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

 

Phone Call


 


It was already 7am and Yixing had been up for a while now. Unfortunately, overnight, Kris’ hand had found its way around Yixing’s neck and was practically pinning him down on the bed.

“Ge~~” Yixing whined quietly, trying to inch his way out of Kris’ grip without waking him up. Yixing didn’t want the same episode as last time, so he decided to let Kris get his sleep today.

Slowly inching his way out of the bed, Yixing went to grab Kris’ hand to move it out of the way. But suddenly, Kris pulled Yixing back into a tighter grip. This time, Kris slid his other hand under Yixing and had him in a bear-like grip.

Blushing at their closeness, Yixing gave up on trying to break free. He lied there with Kris breathing into his neck. Yixing was thankful that Kris was asleep because otherwise, he would be able to hear his heart going crazy. With every breath Kris exhaled, Yixing’s heartbeat got faster and faster.

Ahh why am I so nervous around Kris... Have I really.. fallen for this... this two-faced guy? One day he’s growling at me for waking him up and the next day, he’s hugging me from behind and calling me special. Yixing’s face grew hotter as he remembered Kris’ hug last night. He called me special! Yixing thought to himself with a small smile appearing on his face. He closed his eyes and decided to sleep for a little while longer. I wish this moment could last forever.

 

***


RINGGGGGGG!! RINGGGG!!

Yixing quickly got up, alarmed at the sound that went off. When he saw that it was his cell phone ringing, he let out a sigh of relief. “That scared me so much,” Yixing muttered to himself, reaching for the phone.

“Hello~ Who is this~?” Yixing asked.

“Yixing...” the voice on the other end started. Yixing’s expression suddenly turned dark.

“Dad... w-why are you calling me so early in the morning?” Yixing asked, his voice lower than before.

“How is college? I just wanted to check up on you, that’s all.” The man replied.

“College is.... is interesting. How are you... dad..?”  Yixing asked, hesitating to say the last word. He knew what was coming next, and he didn’t want to hear it.


“Well, that’s good. I might be able to visit you this year, isn’t that great news?”

“Really?!” Yixing couldn’t take the excitement. He thought it was the same call he gets every year, telling him that they won’t be able to visit, telling him that maybe next year would be less busy. But this time, they weren’t postponing it! They were going to visit him!!

“Yes, yes... Well, I have to go now, son, goodbye.”

“Bye dad!~~” Yixing smiled as he ended the call. He couldn’t believe what just happened. After 6 years, his parents might finally visit him!

“What’s up with the huge smile, so early in the morning?” A low voice asked him from behind. Kris had woken up to the loud cell phone sound as well and was unable to fall back asleep, so he sat there listening to Yixing.

“Kris~!!! Guess what??” My parents are going to visit me this year!! Isn’t that great??” Yixing exclaimed, jumping up and down.

Kris couldn’t help but smile at Yixing’s excitement, “Yeah, maybe that’ll explain why you turned out so weird.”

“Hey! What is that supposed to mean?” Yixing said, throwing a pillow at Kris.

Kris easily dodged the pillow and got out of bed. “You know, it’s already 8:30 right? Class starts in half an hour.”

“OH MY GOD!!” Yixing screamed, “WE CAN’T BE LATE!!”

“It’s weird that you didn’t wake up earlier, did I cause you to stay up too late last night?” Kris asked, frowning to himself.

“No.. it’s just...” Yixing started to say that it was too comfortable cuddling with Kris but quickly changed it, “it’s because your enormous hands held me down and I couldn’t move!” He said, pouting.

Kris scoffed, “you could have just moved it.”

“Well.. well.. I didn’t want to wake you up or you would do the same thing as last ti--!” Yixing cut himself off, remembering how Kris had pinned him against the wall last time he woke him up. He started blushing like crazy.

Kris chuckled to himself and turned to get ready, “Don’t make me late!” He said, knowing that this would irk Yixing off even more.

Yixing, still blushing, hurried to go get ready. He definitely did not want to make a bad first impression since today was his first day of Math class.