Her Disappearance

Framed

The next morning, Donghae found Yoona absent from school. He tried to ask the teacher what had happened to Yoona, but the teacher had gave him an emotionless, "reasonable" reply. It was as if the teacher was possesed to say such a thing. This didn't surprise Donghae, though. If you heard the teacher's lesson closesly, they all sounded like robots. 

It wasn't until lunch that everything started to get chaotic.

Donghae had found Tiffany sitting down on a table, expressing a distressed look. Donghae dropped his lunch sack in front of Tiffany and sat across from her. Siwon, who had caught Tiffany's pout, did the same.

"What's wrong, Tiffany? Upset that Yoona isn't here?" Siwon asked. Tiffany bitterly glared at Siwon.

"Yeah, and it's mostly because of your fault, Siwon!" Tiffany exclaimed. Siwon blinked his eyes.

"Huh? What? Why is it my fault? I didn't do anything!" Siwon cried.

"If it wasn't for your stupid party Yoona would be here right now!" Tiffany yelled, standing up. Donghae frowned as Siwon hitched his breath.

"Wait, Tiffany, calm down. What happened to Yoona?" Donghae asked, hoping that his voice would soothe Tiffany. Tiffany's eyes started to water as she sat back down. Covering her face with her hands, she shook her head.

"Don't tell me…Did she get caught?" Siwon asked quietly.

"I don't know! She was talking about a guy and drinking punch, but then she suddenly fainted! The next thing I knew, I was already outside without Yoona in my arms. I tried to ask the people who stayed at Siwon's house where Yoona was, but they all told me that Yoona wasn't there when they returned to the party. It's weird, you know? I mean, you would least expect someone to just…disappear."

"Was there any clues you think Yoona left behind?" Donghae asked. He was at the edge of his seat, and he intently waited for Tiffany's answer. Tiffany bit her bottom lip, and heaved a sigh.

"I guess you're worried because she's your childhood friend," Tiffany mumbled. That caught Donghae off guard. 

What? I'm Yoona's childhood friend- Oh, wait. Remembering what Yoona had told him about being childhood friends, he masked his confused expression with a small frown.

"Of course," Donhae answered. "Did she leave anything behind before she…disappeared?"

Tiffany nodded her head and pulled an envelope from her pocket. Donghae accepted the sealed letter and examined it. The envelope was thin and rough, and there was a fancy stamp on the top right-hand corner on the back. 

Seeing Donghae's confused face, Tiffany quickly tried to explain about the letter. "Someone from the party found the letter near the mess Yoona made when she dropped her punch. The person gave me the letter and asked to deliver it to Yoona."

"Who was this person?" Donghae asked, hoping to hear an answer. If he knew who had given Tiffany the letter, there was a possibility that he was one step closer to finding a particular person. Tiffany gave a quick glance at Siwon and shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. Just a classmate," Tiffany replied. She got up from her seat and walked away without saying another word. Donghae blinked his eyes in confusion as he wathced Siwon get up and follow Tiffany. He sighed frustratedly and stared at the envelope. His eyes slightly widened when he ran his fingers across the red seal. He grabbed a pocket knife from the inside of his jacket and ripped the envelope open. He quickly unfolded the folded letter, and his eyes went cold. Crumbling up the paper, he shoved it in his backpack and rushed to the nurse's office.

 

Yoona moaned in pain when her eyes slowly lit up. Black spots covered her vision, but soon cleared away once she regained her consciousness. She glanced around the empty, rusty room. Her heart raced when she realized her surroundings. She was lying on an uncomfortable bed, taped and her wrists and ankles chained to the bed. She widened her bright eyes, but quickly squinted her eyes when a brilliant, yellow light almost blinded her.

"She's finally awake," a Lab Coat reported. Before Yoona knew it, several Lab Coats began to surround her. 

"She's the one who held the silk, yes?"

"Yes, sir. The strange thing was she actually drank the drugged drink, which is quite uncommon for the enemy."

"So you're proposing the idea of her being different?"

"N-No, not exactly…"

"So she's exactly the same as the others?"

"W-Well, we're not too sure…"

"Do you have any idea who she is?"

"I-Im Yoona, sir. She has a perfect record on her sheet, and never had done anything wrong until now. Her family is one of the well-treated family by us, sir. They respect us and have always welcomed us with open arms," the first Lab Coat said.

"Look up more information on her and her relationship with the enemy. See if she knows anything," the second Lab Coat said. Everyone nodded and parted ways. Yoona's bright eyes met the eyes of a Lab Coat who was wearing a spotless, white coat. On the left chest of the coat was an unusual black badge, which shimmered under the single light. He approached Yoona, and poked her cheeks. Yoona froze and turned pale.

"W-What's…" Yoona quickly shut to prevent herself from asking questions. The dark glint in the Lab Coat's eyes told Yoona to be quiet.

"Good to see you awake, Im Yoona," the Lab Coat said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. His voice was emotionless and cold as ice, which caused Yoona to shiver a bit. She quietly struggled to get out, but she realized that if she moved, her skin would burn against the heated chains.

"G-Good morning, sir," Yoona stuttered. "M-May I ask what I'm doing here?"

"Would you mind telling me what you were doing at the Siwon's mansion? I mean, I hope you didn't expect to sleep over there or anything."

"A-Absolutely not, sir! I-I was just tired and…" Yoona stopped herself and quietly sighed to herself. What other excuses did she have to make? If she told the Lab Coat that she was at a party, the whole school would hate her. "I…I don't remember what happened to me afterwards."

The Lab Coat pretended to think deeply. Then, he took a long, thin needle from the tray close to him. Yoona's eyes widened as the Lab Coat wiped a disinfecting cotton on her arm and injected the needle. Yoona cried in agony as her eyes watered in pain. Was she being Injected? Was she going to get Sawed afterwards?

"Don't worry, this will only numb the proccess," the Lab Coat informed her. Yoona barely nodded her head. She felt the sharp pain from the needle on her arm, but the remaining parts of her body was already numbed. Yoona took a deep breath and sighed to herself.

This is it, Yoona thought. This is probably the end of my life.

"Now Yoona, if you feel any kind of unusual pain, please tell us," the Lab Coat said. Yoona stood still as the Lab Coat attatched some cords on Yoona's head. He left the room, leaving her numbed and worried. An eerie screech came out of nowhere, but the numbness prevented Yoona from reacting to it. "Remember, Yoona, tell us if you feel any pain. We're just going to make sure that there's nothing wrong with your memories."

A Lab Coat flipped a switch, and a horrifying scream echoed in the empty building.

 

"Jaejoong, I think I'm closer to finding her," Donghae said. He eventually convinced the nurse that he was sick and needed to head home. His charms had worked, and the next thing Donghae knew was being inside his secret home. Donghae quickly sealed the same letter Tiffany had given him and dropped it in the paper shredder machine.

"What makes you think that, Donghae?" Jaejoong asked.

"Apparently Yoona had disappeared out of thin air, and a letter appeared out of nowhere," Donghae explained.

"Wait, the girl you gave the silk to disappeared?" 

"Yes."

"What? Donghae!"

"What?" Donghae asked, annoyed.

"That silk held the her blood! Our further developed technology could've found who that person is! Why would you just…throw it away?" Jaejoong cried. Donghae could sense Jaejoong's distress. Donghae heaved a sigh and shook his head.

"You don't understand, do you Jaejoong? This letter that was left behind tells me something. If I meet the Lab Coats, then maybe I can secretly go to a, I don't know, a secret room or something? By going inside, I can further discover-"

"Okay, enough. I've had enough. You're completely forgetting about thinking outside the box. It might be a trap, Donghae!"

"Exactly! They might think I feel for their trap, but I can go against it and-"

"Donghae, stop. Just stop. Don't move an inch. I'm going to get the fastets transportation I can get and come to Section 13," Jaejoong reported. Donghae's eyes widened as he stood up from his seat.

"What? No! You can't come!" Donghae yelled. 

"Relax, Donghae. We're coming to help. We'll be at Section 13 in a month. If not a month, then two months," Jaejoong informed him. Donghae shook his head. He couldn't believe what his partner was doing. 

At that moment, Donghae frowned and stopped his thoughts. "Wait, we? Who's the other person coming?"

There was a moment of silence. "Jessica, of course. She always wanted to see how horrible Section 13 is."

Donghae let out a bitter laugh. To be with Jessica in a middle of a mission? This wasn't going as well as Donghae had planned. He heaved a sigh and looked at the computer screen. Tapping the end of the pencil on his lip, he thought deeply about whether or not seeing Jessica would be a good thing.

"Donghae, are you there?" Jaejoong asked. Donghae snapped out of thoughts and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I am. You're coming here in a month, right?" Donghae replied.

"That's what I said. If later, then two months."

"Fine. I'll prepare a spare bed," Donghae said. 

"Alright. Thanks, Donghae."

With that, the conversation ended and Donghae went back to doing his studies. However, he couldn't help but wonder what had happened to Yoona. An uneasy feeling spread through his chest, and he felt himself frown. He quickly shook his head and took a deep breath. Pushing the thoughts aside, he tried to focus back to his homework. However, the feeling of being worried over the girl never left his chest.