Twisted

Framed

Out of all the places Yoona ran, she ran back to her house. Her mother tried to drag her out of the room, but Yoona had locked the door. Her father threatened to break down the door, but his daughter refused to listen. 

Where do I go? What should I do? Donghae is after me, and apparently the person he was always searching for was related to my grandfather. But what does this have to do with Tiffany? she wondered.

Really? Of all the places I took you, it just had to be at your house? Sheesh, 'J' said. 

"I need to get rid of you," Yoona whispered. The room went silent. 'J' did not speak. When Yoona saw her desk drawer, she took a step forward to reach for something in it. However, her legs became stiff and she couldn't lift her foot. "What the... Stop it! What's happening?"

I can't let you kill yourself, 'J' explained. No, not yet. We still have to live.

"For what reason do we have to live?" Yoona asked. "Why do I have to live?"

I depend on your life to live. Our purpose in life is to live. Why would you want to die just to get rid of me? I know a great place to hide. So, just let me take control and...

"No! No more control!" Yoona shouted, twisting her hips. "Stop it! Leave me alone!"

Listen to what I have to say--

"I refuse! Let me go!" Yoona screamed. 

There was a knock on the door. "Yoona, are you okay?"

Recognizing her mother's voice, Yoona widened her eyes. She began to sweat and panted heavily. For a moment, she was embarrassed over her crazy state. What if her mother saw her like this?

"I-I'm fine," Yoona said in a shaky voice. Her glanced at her hands, then quickly drew them near her foreword. With her nails, she began to scratch her head. "I-I'm really fine..."

Scratch, scratch, scratch.

Yoona! What are you doing? Stop! 'J' demanded, taking over one arm. Yoona was still able to take over her other free arm. She continued to scratch it, hoping that it would bleed and kill her throughout the process.

Scratch, scratch, scratch...

 

Yuri found herself running through the streets. Where was Yoona? She didn't know. Of all the places she could've ran, she couldn't have run back home, right? That would be... idiotic. And even if she knew where Yoona was, she couldn't go back to Yoona. After all, Donghae was only a few inches away from her.

"Are you sure that it's Yoona? Are... Is it true? Is it true that Yoona is Mr. Im's granddaughter?" Donghae asked, bombarding her with common-sense questions. Yuri ignored Donghae and pulled out her phone. She dialed Tiffany's number, and waited for a click.

"Hello?" Tiffany answered.

"Tiffany, it's time," Yuri said. "Yoona is going to discover where she belongs, and Donghae is close to knowing. Have you talked to Siwon yet?"

"Wait, hold up. Siwon is part of this, too?" Donghae asked.

"No, he isn't," she responded. "We're just going to... do something with him."

"Wait, I don't think it's a good time right now," Tiffany said. "I haven't talked to him, and we're... Actually, I don't even know if we're fighting or not."

"What?! Hwang Miyoung--"

"Tiffany is Miyoung?" Donghae exclaimed. "But Yoona never told me!"

"--I need you to get Siwon to do what he has to do now. Listen, I'm going to Yoona's house and I'm going to ask if Yoona came home or not. You better ask him, or else Yoona's going to die," Yuri snapped. "And don't blame me if you ever die, too."

"B-But..."

"No excuse. It's not time to stall--" Yuri stopped her tracks when she found a familiar couple roaming around the streets. Her skin went pale, and her eyes enlarged at the horrifying site. Before the couple could see her, she pulled Donghae behind a narrow space between two buildings. As Donghae was about to say something, Yuri smashed his back against the wall and covered his mouth with her hand.

"Listen, Tiffany. I'll call you back soon. Just... Just make sure that things go how it's supposed to be planned!" Yuri pleaded. She hung up, and gritted her teeth as she exchanged glances with Donghae. "Now... Can you tell me what Jaejoong and Jessica are doing?"

"Jaejoong and Jess--"

Yuri smashed him against the wall, and Donghae gasped for air. Then, a small prescription bottle fell from his pocket. Yuri picked it up, then examined it. She raised an eyebrow and glanced at the frightened boy.

"What. Is. This."

"R-Red pills," Donghae blurted. Once again, Yuri grabbed Donghae's collar and slammed it against the brick wall. Finally, Donghae coughed up blood and collapsed on his knees. Yuri twisted the white cap open and poured out the pills onto the palm of her hand. Brushing away the strand of hair blocking her view, she began to scratch the red pill until its color faded.

Suddenly, the red pills began to turn blue. Donghae dropped his jaws and stared at it with blood flowing out the corner from his lips.

"I... I've never seen a blue pill before," he said honestly.

"Donghae, I am going to tell you something the civillians in this world should never know. You know how the red pills cause you to forget what happened 24 hours prior to your life, right?" Donghae nodded his head in reply. "This is a blue pill. It is equally risky and deadly as the red pill. The only difference is that the blue pill has the ability for one to control whoever ate the blue pill. They're still perfecting this pill, and lately they're trying to control not the physical parts of a human being, but their minds, too. If Yoona ever ate this, she is in big trouble."

"W-Why?" Donghae questioned her.

"Now, this time I'm going to tell you something you forgot, but should know. Donghae, it is true that you've grown in Section 1. However, you weren't the only one raised in Section 1 and brought to Section 13." Yuri took a deep breath, then bent down to pat Donghae's knee. "Donghae, you are a dead corpse brought to life by Yoona's grandfather. Not only that, but you have an important duty to accomplish: You have to protect Yoona, who holds the final ingredient to the key to life."

Donghae felt his mouth go dry. He was a corpse? That seemed too abnormal. How could he be brought to life? And he was to protect Yoona? But wasn't he supposed to kill her? Wasn't it her fault for his miserable state? 

"If Yoona ever ate the blue pill, there would definitely be side effects."

"What kind of side effects?"

"I'm not too sure. A chip was implanted in her brain, and it's been a part of her body system. If it were to be pulled out, she dies. If she dies, the information erases itself. Her grandfather was very wise to do this. And this formula, Donghae, is what brought you to life. The government wants this--Jaejoong and Jessica--and if they get this, the revolutionary for a new government will not exist," Yuri explained slowly. "Do you understand? You must protect Yoona."

"H-How... How do you know so much?" Donghae croaked. In minutes, the infamous Black Pearl pulled out a gun from her back and pointed it directly at his heart. The boy felt his eyes widen in fear while watching Yuri smirk.

"In case things go wrong, I was trained in Section 1 to kill you. And I think something went wrong. So it's time for you to die... again." A pause. "But I'll let you get a ten minute head start. Got it?"

"But--"

"Starting... now!"

Like how Yoona ran, he began to take off. Where was he going to run? Who knew. All he knew was that he had to find Yoona and find her a safe place to run.

After all, if he was a dead object brought to life in order to protect her, what was the purpose for the rest of his life?

Yoona, please give me a sign of where you are... He kissed his J-shaped ring and began his search for the fellow lady.