Burn the File - Part 2

Framed

Yoona was absolutely terrified. Here she was in the main office, with her right hand grabbing her left hand, which uncontrollably tried to wriggle itself out of her right hand's grip. She knew that if she was caught, she'd be questioned and possibly used by the Lab Coats as a disgraceful example of an disloyal citizens of the society. She looked up to see if she could climb back into the air vent, but widened her eyes when she realized that the air vent was closed.

So this air vent does move, she thought after she heard a deep sounds of metal scraping itself against the ceiling. The room, which was cool just a minute ago, quickly became warm.

"In here, please," a voice said behind the door of the office. Yoona widened her eyes, turning pale when she heard the door click open. Suddenly, her left hand pulled her near the wall, where her existence could be exposed to the Lab Coats. However, when her left hand ran over through the wall, she felt something bumpy, like the buttons on the telephone booth. Her eyes enlarged even more when her left hand pressed against the wall at different parts.

"Ah!" Yoona gasped when the wall split open and introduced her to a secret room. She hesitated, but was forced inside by the suddenly pull of her left hand. The door shut closed behind her, and Yoona shivered. Was she stuck, or was there a way out? She slammed her fist against the entrance she came from, but it would not move. The only light that lit the deep halls of the secret room was a torch that hung dryly on the side of the wall. Slowly, she grabbed the torch and tilted her head, wondering if she should enter deeper into the room or not.

"Yoona? Yoona, are you there?" a voice whispered. Yoona almost screamed as she looked to her left and right, holding her torch higher in the air.

"W-Who's there?" Yoona stuttered.

"Look at the watch I gave you!" the voice said. Yoona glanced down at her left hand, which seemed to be in her control again. She flexed her fingers for a moment, and stopped, wondering if her hand would start pulling her or not. It did not move. She sighed in relief as she realized that she was in control of her own body. She stared down at her watch again, only to see Donghae's face crammed into the screen.

"Where are you?" Yoona asked quietly.

"Where am I? Where are you? Honestly, I told you to stay behind me!" Donghae hissed. A loud bam! was heard from Donghae's side of… well, of wherever he was.

"Are you still in the air vent?" Yoona asked.

"No. I came to a room and I'm trying to find you. Where are you?" he repeated.

"I'm at the main office-"

"How?"

"The air vent. It moved every time you hear the 'bam!' I think it's broken or something. They're probably tearing it down to fix it," Yoona suggested. Donghae just nodded his head and looked away from the screen.

"Mm. Figures. How are you at the main office, though? From how I see it, you look like you're in a cave instead of a office," Donghae muttered, smirking at Yoona. Yoona flushed her cheeks in embarrassment and walked deeper into the darkness with the torch tightly in her right hand.

"I-I didn't run away! I somehow found a secret room in the main office. I can't get out," Yoona confessed. She wasn't exactly sure why she left out how her left hand was controlled by some unknown force, but she felt that she had to. It could be safe, she thought.

"Secret room? What? Aw, that's messed up! I have to redo the map, then!" Donghae groaned. "What do you see in there?"

"I'm not sure," Yoona replied. "I'm going deeper. If I die, make sure you take the blame."

Donghae laughed, but stopped when his face hardened into a confused expression. Yoona frowned, noticing how Donghae seemed unsure of the situation he was in. She was just about to call him when Donghae said, "Hold up. I'll contact you later. Make sure you examine the area, alright?"

"But-" Before Yoona got to say anything, Donghae had hung up and she wasn't able to figure out how to contact him. She groaned loudly and muttered a curse under her breath as she walked deeper into the area.

This , she thought. Here I am having the highest chance to die in this place, while Donghae's just going room to room and complaining that he has to fix his map. Seriously, I should get paid for doing this! Why did I even join…

Her sneakers squeaked against the floor as she dropped the torch right in front of her. Her doe-like eyes widened in fear, as if she was seeing the most horrifying movie in her life. The fire on the torch died, and blue gems hanging all over the next room glowed dimly like stars in the night sky. As Yoona took a step closer to the sight, her eyes would not tear away from the tube filled with some kind of blue-ish or green-ish substance. The brown orbs rolled upwards, only to find an object floating in the liquid. 

"My gosh…"

Yoona could only stare at the floating dead corpse, which seemed to be coming alive by the minute.

 

Donghae frowned as he hid behind a closet in a random room. He crouched down low, convering his body with clothes so that if the closet was opened, they would not see him but only a pile of lab coats hanging messily at the corner of the closet. He heard footsteps enter the particular room he was hiding in, so he decided to breath quietly. His heart jumped when he heard two familiar voices: one that belonged to a woman, and the other whom belonged to a good friend of his.

"Please, Mr. Choi! I will dedicate my life to the Lab Coats or to the Blue Cops if it means that I don't have to marry Siwon!" Tiffany pleaded. Donghae frowned, his eyebrows coming together as he wrinkled his forehead.

"Dad, don't listen to her. She's already loyal to the Lab Coats and to the Blue Cops. She just needs a little more time to be around me. Sorry for-"

"No, I'm not joking. Please, Mr. Choi? It would mean a lot if you can cancel this marriage," Tiffany begged. There was a pause in the air, and Donghae could tell that Tiffany was anxious to break the engagement between her and Siwon.

But when was Tiffany and Siwon forced to be engaged? Donghae wondered.

"Why? Why would you want to do this, Tiffany?" a deep voice, who could possibly belong to Mr. Choi, asked. Donghae slightly opened the closet to take a better look. His eyes widened when he spotted a tall man wearing a black coatknowing that this man was the Section 13's Lab Coat President.

Hold up. If Siwon's dad is the Lab Coat President, then that means…

"I have a friend who is in love with Siwon, and I can't dare to lose the friendship and be married to someone I refuse to marry!" Tiffany protested. It stung Donghae's heart when he realized that the friend Tiffany was talking about was Yoona.

"But she will learn," Siwon whispered. "She will learn that she is not able to control her own destiny, but the people who are higher than her can-"

"So if she isn't going to end up with you, who will she end up with?" Tiffany shouted. Siwon kept quiet and only stared at Tiffany's angered expression. Then, he slowly smirked and turned to his father, who handed Tiffany a folder.

"This is Yoona's profile. All her secrets and backgrounds are in here. It seems to me that you are, well… afraid of your friend," Mr. Choi said softly.

"Scared? Of my friend? No, you got it wrong-"

"In order to cure that fear, we must…" Mr. Choi glanced at Siwon, who handed Tiffany a lighter with a back hug. Tiffany's eyes widened when she realized that the lighter still had fuel to create an unwanted flame. Mr. Choi pressed the file towards Tiffany, then softly smiled at her. "To push down that fear, we must simply… burn her existence."

"Hwang Miyoung, will you do the honors of burning an unwanted citizen from this perfect world?" Siwon asked. Tiffany froze and kept her eyes wide. When she glanced at Siwon's evil face, she could no longer tell if this was the man she knew from the past. He seemed like a whole different man - like someone who was under control.

Before she could say anything, something came out of the closet, three gun shots were heard, and the mysterious black object fled the scene. Tiffany gasped loudly, choking on her own spit as she fell to the ground. Her eyes rolled over to the old man, whose coat was now covered with the darkest shade of bloody red she had ever seen. Sirens in the building rang, and the last thing she saw before she fainted was Siwon's shocked expression.