Be Gone

Framed

Yoona panicked. It was a fresh, new Monday, but she didn't see any of her friends. Tiffany was gone (she had heard that Tiffany fainted a few days ago), Siwon was nowhere to be seen (but she hardly hung around him in the first place), and Donghae was missing. The Blue Cops had informed all the students that the boy was gone from the section and that they were on the search looking for him. However, Yoona couldn't trust those words. The last time she saw the Blue Cops was a few minutes ago, and they were already heading to lunch when it wasn't even nine in morning. 

"Poor girl. She's all alone today," a girl in her class whispered. Yoona grimaced, but only looked up and faked a smile.

"No I'm not. I'll be home soon with my parents and go visit Tiffany later at the hospital. I can manage on my own today," Yoona responded smoothly. She ran her long, elegant fingers through her glossy hair, and stood up from her seat. She walked out of the classroom, and the moment she stepped out of the room, her shoulders sunk and her back cringed. She looked tired and worried, but she had an intimidating aurora telling others not to ask about her condition.

You always have me to talk to, 'J' suddenly said. Yoona widened her eyes, and jumped. Her back straightened and her head whirled around. The voice sounded much more closer and clearer.

"You're a human, aren't you?" Yoona mumbled. She examined the room, and tilted her body to one side.

And if I was? 'J' asked. 

There. When Yoona tilted to the left, the voice was much louder and clearer. Her eyes narrowed, and she quickly walked towards her left. She made sure that no one gave her a strange look, for her eyebrows were scrunched up and her face had an unpleasant expression. 

You can't catch me. If you do, you'll faint for sure. Just like Tiffany, 'J' warned her.

"But I need to know what or who you are," Yoona protested.

No. No you don't. You're just freaking out. I'm your conscience. Remember? 

"Why do you sound so nervous?" Yoona questioned it. The voice said nothing, and soon Yoona lost her skills in detecting where the voice was coming from. She groaned in frustration and kicked her foot against the tree in anger. "I hate this!"

"Are you okay, miss?" a familiar voice asked. Her eyes widened and she twirled around, only to find Donghae standing a few feet away from her. Her eyes twinkled with glee and the corner of her lips tugged upwards, glad that he had returned. 

"Oh my gosh, Donghae! You came back alive!" Yoona screamed with joy, and ran towards Donghae. Her skinny arms wrapped around his hips, squeezing it as if it was the last thing she could hold onto her life. She wasn't sure why, but her heart felt comforted and was racing a bit faster than she had predicted it would. There was one thing she noticed different about Donghae, though. He wouldn't hug her back. Instead, he stood still like a statue, pale and uncomfortable. When Donghae pushed her away from him, she knew that there was definitely something wrong with him. She frowned and tilted her head in confusion, and watched the man blink his eyes like a dead man.

"Donghae? Are you okay?" she asked quietly. Donghae laughed softly and shook his head.

"Excuse me… but who are you?" 

At that very moment, her heart shattered and fell into pieces of fragile glass. Her eyes turned into an empty, brown void, and her facial expression became blank like white paper. Her jaws slightly opened, as if she was shocked or surprised that the man did not know her. Her heart stopped racing, and the soft blush on her cheeks faded like the wind. 

Ba-thump.

Oh. Yoona slowly blinked her eyes, and gulped nervously. This was a familiar feeling that she had experienced once, and there was no doubt that she was feeling the heart-racing moment again. Her breath became short and her eyes sparkled with guilt and pain. She bit her tongue to keep herself from crying, and slightly looked above the sky, which seemed to be turning darker. The familiar feeling wasn't going anywhere in any moment of time, and it was probably the reason why her heart no longer pounded for Siwon's charming personality.

I fell in love with Donghae, and I lost him.

 

"S-Stay away!"

"Tiffany…"

"I said go! Why is he here? I don't want to see him!"

"Fany, please…"

"Don't you dare call my name or my nickname, Choi Siwon! Don't you dare! I'm disgusted that I'm allowing to speak your dirtied name with my own tongue!" Tiffany snapped sharply, giving Siwon a fearful look. Her skin was as pale as snow, unhealthy yet smooth. Her cheek bones expressed themselves clearly, and the purple bags under her eyes showed that she had not slept for quite awhile. In short, she looked like a new human zombie.

"Tiffany, I'm sorry that I've offended your friend. Look, when we go back, people are going to act like nothing happened--"

"Stop! I said stop! Your father died right in front of my eyes! Why are you so calm?"

"Stop changing the subject and please listen to me--"

"No! No! I don't want to hear your filthy words! Bring back my friend! Don't kill her! Don't hurt her! She's my friend! Don't kill Yoona! Please! I'm begging you!" Tiffany cried. Endless tears streamed down her cheeks, and her cheeks became red from crying too hard. There was a moment of pause between her sobs. Then, she gave Siwon an accusing look. "You killed her!"

Siwon gave her a look of disbelief. "I did not--"

"You killed her! You probably murdered her, but got away!" Tiffany screamed. "Give her back! Bring her back!"

"Hwang Tiffany, listen to me!" Siwon exclaimed, running up to the mad woman. However, Tiffany only screamed and scrambled back. 

"S-Stay away!" 

"Tiffany, Yoona isn't dead!" 

"Bring her corpse! Her body! Bring her back to life!" Tiffany shouted. Siwon gave her a bitter look, and took a deep, uneasy breath. He quickly fled the room, leaving the poor girl in her own tears and despair. When Siwon stepped outside and closed the door behind her, his butler was standing right besides the door with a straight and proper posture. Siwon walked over to his butler, and pulled out a stack of cash from his pocket.

"You. Bring Im Yoona here. Now. As soon as possible. Bring her back alive," Siwon ordered. The butler nodded his head, and rushed out of the hospital to complete his duties. Siwon sighed, and dropped his body down on a random seat. He closed his eyes and rested his elbows on his knees, rubbing his wrinkled forehead with the tips of his fingers.

What's going to happen now? Siwon wondered.