For the Next Revolution

Framed

"This is my home," Donghae said. He opened the door to his messy apartment, where clothes and trash happened to lie around everywhere. Yoona bit her bottom lip, then scrunched her nose when a strong scent hit her nose.

"Ew, what's that smell?" Yoona asked, disgusted. Donghae closed the door behind him and ignored Yoona's question. He peaked through the window, then scanned outside. He sighed in relief and turned back to Yoona.

"Okay, I think they're gone," Donghae told her.

"I don't care if the Lab Coats are gone. I just care if you clean up your room a bit. Ugh, seriously! The smell bothers me a lot," Yoona complained. She pinched her nose with her two hand while Donghae just grinned.

"It's a smell of a man's paradise, Yoong. Come on, I need to show you something," Donghae replied. He grabbed her wrist, which caused sparks to burst in her chest. As he dragged her to his small bedroom, he opened his closet and tried to pull Yoona in. Her eyes widened once she saw his filthy clothes scattered all over the closet.

"Ew, ew! No way am I going in there!" Yoona screamed. Donghae rolled his eyes and forcefully pushed her in, causing her to scowl and hold her breath. He closed the closet behind him and the light inside. As soon as he pulled on a lever that the light, a hidden button behind his tower of clothes appeared. Yoona's eyes widened as Donghae responded quietly with a cheesy grin. He pushed the red button, and from the other side of the closet appeared another secret door. The door opened like an elevator, welcoming Donghae and his fellow lady guest. He brought her into the elevator and closed it before anything else could happen. Yoona could only stare in awe as she watched Donghae press a few more buttons. 

"Cool, huh?" he asked. Yoona could only nod her head while she gaped at Donghae's amazing technology skill. For a moment, the elevator shook. Yoona yelped and grabbed onto Donghae's wrist, fearing that the elevator was breaking. Immediately, the shy boy flushed his cheeks and looked away before the scared girl could take a glimpse of his embarrassed expression.

In moments, the elevator opened and Yoona realized that they were at Donghae's hidden base again. Her eyes blinked softly as she took a step out of the elevator. Donghae cleared his throat, suddenly nervous, and left the elevator before it automatically closed on him. 

"Amazing," she whispered. "I never knew your closet was connected to your base!" 

"Well, I don't normally go here unless it's important, but yeah. Anyways, I need to send Jaejoong an message and get you prepared for the important stuff."

Yoona blinked her eyes. "Didn't I just have to help you find the gir- I mean, the person you need to look for?"

"Yeah, but there's more to it. I need to teach you every thing in order for you to impress Jaejoong. If you don't impress him, then…" He paused for a moment, then glanced at Yoona. He firmly shook his head and took a deep breath. "No, you'll pass. You have to."

"What if I don't-"

"Don't. Don't say anymore. You'll pass. Believe in that," Donghae interrupted her. His voice seemed tight and firm, as if he was forcing himself to hide the outcome of what would happen if Yoona didn't impress Jaejoong. Suddenly, the woman's palm started getting slippery with her own sweat as she nervously glanced around the room. Her eyes scanned over to a white package, which looked like it would hold a ring or some kind of small jewelry. Her arm reached to grab it until Donghae noticed and swapped it away from Yoona's grasp. Yoona jerked her hand back, pretending as if she had never meant to touch the box. Donghae glared at her, giving her a disapproving frown. 

"What?" Yoona replied, blinking her eyes innocently.

"You are not allowed to touch any of my stuff," Donghae muttered coldly. "Especially not this."

"Why not?" Yoona asked curiously. "It's just a box."

"It's a precious box that only the person I need to kill would know about. You'll see it once we find who I need to avenge," Donghae responded bluntly. His voice was covered with sheets of ice, making Yoona stiffen or back down from asking any more questions. She could only silently nod her head as she walked over to the east corner of the room, where there was a small kitchen for her to make herself some coffee.

"So… Is this what you do all day?" Yoona asked him.

"Do what all day?" he questioned back.

"This. You know, technology stuff and whatever. Do you work here all day after you come back from school? If you do, who does your homework?" Yoona asked.

"I do my own homework, and I don't always work here. I only work here when I have important situations I need to clear. Like, right now we saw Jessica on the television screen and the Lab Coats are recording our every moves," Donghae explained. Yoona only nodded her head once she realized that Donghae had nothing more to say. The room became quiet, and all Yoona did was sip her coffee.

Tastes good, she told herself.

Yoona, you better get out of here and reach home before midnight. This is bad. Really bad, 'J' warned her. Yoona rolled her eyes and stared at Donghae, whose fingers almost glided across the keyboard. She decided to approach him carefully, making sure that he didn't notice her presence.

"I can hear you breathing," Donghae suddenly announced. Yoona gasped and covered with her hand. Her lips formed a small pout as she boredly looked around the dull room.

What do I do while I wait? Yoona wondered. At that moment, Donghae got up from his seat and dragged over a large whiteboard. He pulled away the dusty sheet and presented Yoona a board filled with drawings and words. Yoona could only blink her eyes; she didn't understand any of what the writings on the platform was.

"We'll start with the basics," Donghae sarted. He grabbed a stick from his desk and pointed at the top words. A loud smacking sound echoed in the room, causing Yoona to flinch and fall down to a chair. The man snorted as the embarrassed girl covered her face. 

"D-Don't scare me like that!" Yoona whined.

"Sorry. Anyways, today's lesson. Don't take notes or record this. You have to adjust everything on here in your head. We're learning about the Lab Coats and the Blue Cops. As you know, the Lab Coats are referred to people who 'take care of us' and 'people who guide us.' Well, to them, we're actually puppets. Their responsibility is to control our lives, not guide us. They don't care if one falls ill or if a disease comes in. Remember that year when Section 6 had the ugliest virus in history? The Lab Coats did nothing. Section 1 secretly decided to help Section 6, and they made the cure. The Lab Coats got the credit for the medicine."

"What happens if the Lab Coats fall ill, then?" Yoona asked. "And why didn't Section 1 or Section 6 step up to give proper credit?"

Donghae turned with a blank expression on his face. "If the Lab Coats fall ill, then they'll die alone. Section 1 and Section 6 backed down because it was the year when a lot of people were admiring the Lab Coats and allowed them to conquer the section. Moving on. Let's turn to the Blue Cops. The Blue Cops are actually pretty weak. The only power they have is arresting people and putting the law in action. They're the lowest chain in today's government. After the Blue Cops are…"

"The Lab Coats," Yoona answered. Donghae grinned proudly and pointed to a long doodle, which seemed to be some kind of family tree or chain. 

"Perfect. Now, loyal Blue Cops are able to go up a rank to becoming a Lab Coat. The Blue Cops and the Lab Coats are the ranks that are seen in public. Our history book doesn't tell us this, but there are more rankings inside the government's core," Donghae explained. He turned the whiteboard over and showed the shocked girl many more drawings and texts. "If a Lab Coat is a genius, she or he will be ranked up to be a Lab Coat, but with a black badge shaped like a star. Listen, now, listen. These Lab Coats with the badge are thought to be like any other Lab Coat, but they are the generals who take care of the Blue Cops and teach the Lab Coats. We call these Lab Coat General since they're not exactly Lab Coats or Blue Cops."

"A black badge? I've seen them! I've seen them!" Yoona exclaimed. A flash of the horrifying man with the black badge made Yoona groan and grip her head. Donghae helped her out by handing her a cup of water. "Thanks."

"No problem. Anyways, if the Lab Coat General is responsible or powerful enough, then he or she will be ranked up again to becoming the Lab Coat President. The Lab Coat President is very important. You'll see them wear black, but they will only go out in public while wearing white to disguise themselves. There are in total thirteen Lab Coat Presidents, and they are responsible for each section. If a Lab Coat President fails his duty in keeping the section calm, then he will be executed," Donghae stated. Yoona froze and quickly gulped her mouthful of water. She placed the cup to the side and widened her eyes.

"Executed? Privately or publicly?" Yoona asked.

"Depends. If the people are able to grab the Lab Coat President, then publicaly. If the five Faiths are able to grab the Lab Coat President, then they execute the president privately while sending an army to calm down the section," Donghae answered. Yoona gulped nervously and rubbed her hands nervously, watching Donghae point to a different text. "After the Lab Coat President then comes the Faiths. They are the five leaders who took over the world and decided to rule us into different sections. We have no idea how they look or what they do, but they are majorly important. If we kill the girl I need to avenge on, then we are declaring war against them."

"Why would you want to declare war? It's pointless. So many people would die for nothing, and every thing would go crazy," Yoona pointed out. Donghae hit the whiteboard with the same sheet and pushed it away to another part of the room. He gently put his stick back on the desk and turned to Yoona while grabbing her coffee, which she had almost finished. 

"For a new world; a new beginning. It's for the next revolution," Donghae breathed, sipping Yoona's drink as he walked away to finish up his message for Jaejoong.