Mad Minds

Framed

Strike their hearts. Crush their skulls. Show no mercy to the enemy's eyes. 

Those were the exact description of what Yoona saw in Jaejoong's dark gaze. He didn't even look human anymore. He appeared to be a corpse possessed by a demon: heartless and pale. Although the light wasn't as strong as it was before, his shadow loomed over her, showing not only anger, but also inhumanity. She shook with fear under the glare of his eyes, knowing that she was going to die anyway.

"Unbelievable," Jaejoong whispered. "What kind of person are you?"

"I... I thought that he would make it alone--"

"Make it alone? Are you insane?" he screamed. "How would he escape from the only man who can call others for back up? I'm sure he must've done something crazy in order to forget! Are you sure that he isn't just acting?"

"Nope. Not even an act. I approached him, but he didn't even flinch. He didn't even look like he was aware of his situation," Yoona confessed.

"Oh, boo-hoo. So we lost a good guy. Big deal!" Jessica exclaimed, walking over to Jaejoong. "Calm down. We need to sit down and relax. We have to understand the situation first and investigate."

"Investigate? Do you think it's a good time to investigate?" Jaejoong yelled. "Project X is to be activated soon, and we don't know the exact date. We don't have a comrade who could've been useful to us, and we have this... this thing lying around here hopelessly!"

Jaejoong rudely pointed his finger at Yoona, who returned with a scowl. Jessica rolled her eyes and approached Yoona with an observant look. She examined the younger girl head to tie, only intimidating her. 

"Do you know how to make coffee?" Jessica asked. Jaejoong slapped his face with his hand, while Yoona blinked her eyes.

"U-Um... yes."

"Make me some coffee," the blond woman ordered. "Oh, and make some tea for Jaejoong. We'll get started. From now on, you're going to be our servant!"

The kind gaze in Jessica's eyes disappeared in a flash. Instead, her smile was replaced with a sneer, and the warmth of her brown eyes seemed like daggers. Yoona gulped, and nodded her head. These two were definitely not to be messed around with.

But she couldn't help but feel glad that Donghae had the chance to be saved.

 

Siwon screamed with rage. He was at the hospital, holding a bunch of roses for Tiffany. However, when he entered the room, the bed was found empty and he discovered that Tiffany had simply... ran away. With her current condition, there was no doubt that she would faint. Plus, it would be his responsibility and ruin his image as the new leader of Section 13.

Yes, he had become the new leader of Section 13.

"I should just kill the nurses for being so irrational about their decisions of letting such a wild woman loose," Siwon muttered.

"Mm... Still moody, huh? Especially when I digested all those red pills. I got to say, they really got my head spinning. I almost forgot my own name!"

Siwon turned around, and growled at the familiar man standing behind him. "Donghae! What're you doing here?"

The man just smirked, and appeared out of the dark corner of the street. "Nothing much. I got bored. I need some of those red pills, though. I'm getting my memories back, and I know you don't want that, right?"

"Red pills? I gave you a whole case!" Siwon exclaimed. "That should've lasted for a few years!"

"Well guess what? I ate it all. Now I want some more." When Donghae saw the bitter look in Siwon's eyes, he narrowed his own in response. "I thought we made a deal. As long as you don't bug Yoona anymore, I had to eat those red pills in order to completely erase my memories from living in Section 1. Apparently I still remember."

"Why didn't you just pretend?" 

"I..." Donghae looked away in shame, and rubbed the back of his neck. "I... I just need more."

"Someone's being a little honest," Siwon muttered coldly, tossing Donghae a case of red pills. "Just remember that second part of our deal."

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. Oh, and by the way," Donghae said, "one of the five Faiths came."

Siwon laughed. "Oh? Then you should be worried about Yoona. If they found out that Yoona was involved, there is a high chance that they'll take her and execute her. Maybe she'll be living as an outcast!"

"That's impossible," Donghae replied. "They can never find Yoona. You guys planted that pill. What color was it... Oh yeah, blue. That blue pill is a microchip that dissolves and becomes attached the human's nerve system, right? As long as this is now in my hands..." Donghae took out a 'J' shaped ring, which seemed to listen under the sunlight with its golden glint. "... I can now control Yoona's mind."

"Remember not to go too far with it," Siwon warned him. "The pill hasn't fully dissolved, which means that she hasn't been Injected. If you want her to quickly get saved, make sure you don't let a member of Faith get ahold of her."

"Like I said, it's never going to happen," Donghae responded. "Jaejoong has my fullest trust. As long as I prevent Yoona from encountering him, neither will Yoona or I will be in danger."

"You got some guts, you got that, Donghae?"

The two parted their ways, only holding a smile with a glint of dark eyes.

 

"So you're telling me that you spent plenty of times with Donghae, yet you don't know the password for this particular file? What kind of an assistant are you?" Jaejoong scolded. He growled and glared at Yoona with hatred deeply engraved in his dark eyes. Yoona whimpered and tried her best to carefully plant the cup of coffee nearby him. Too angry to say anything else, Jaejoong grabbed the mug and began to drink the hot liquid in one gulp. Yoona widened her eyes.

"W-What? How can you just drink it? You'll burn your throat!" Yoona cried.

"It's okay," Jessica replied. "Jaejoong is a strong man."

"How can you say that?" Yoona shouted. "Why aren't you showing the slightest worry over the way he irrationally handles stuff?"

Jessica blinked her eyes. "Donghae never told you?"

"What?" Yoona gave her a look of confusion. Jessica pressed her lips, then coverd them with her hand. She glanced over at Jaejoong, who refused to look up. Yoona didn't understand, but the way Jessica slightly raised her eyebrow told her that the couple were probably having some sort of mind communication.

"Oh... So she's..."

"Don't say it, Jess," Jaejoong warned her. "You can tell her about my throat, though."

"What about his throat?" Yoona asked.

"... Can you describe what kind of guy Donghae is?" Jessica questioned her.

"Donghae? He's... a kind guy. At first, I thought he wanted to kill me, but that didn't seem so. I... I found out that he wants to kill my best friend, but that's no way that I'll let that happen. He's loyal, and will sacrifice himself for others--"

"Really? Didn't he tell you about what he did to Jaejoong?" Jessica asked.

Yoona glanced at the man sitting in front of the computer. "If it's something bad, I won't be surprised. He sure does have a bad attitude..."

"No, no. You see, before Jaejoong and I got together, I was already with Donghae," Jessica explained. "But one day, when Jaejoong's parents and mine got together, they set up an arranged marriage without our consent. Donghae was too furious, and tried to kill Jaejoong in order for me to run with him to Section 13. Unfortunately, Donghae got caught and was only about to cut Jaejoong's throat. Jaejoong had two minutes to live, and the surgeons had to replace his whole throat with a rubber that never burns or melts."

Yoona kept quiet, and stared at Jessica with an unreadable expression. Was she supposed to believe in what she said or not? Jaejoong sighed, and stood up from his seat. He took Jessica's hand, kissed it, then turned to Yoona, who flushed her cheeks.

"We'll be heading back for now," Jaejoong said. "Since Donghae lost his memories, you might be able to take advantage of this situation."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Yoona tried to chase after them, but when she blinked, they had suddenly vanished. A cold wind kissed her cheeks, causing them to turn pale. She blinked her eyes, batting her long eye lashes and gazing out at the empty room. 

Take advantage... The words echoed in her heads, causing her pale cheeks to turn bright red. Wait... Why am I blushing?

 

"You're cruel, Jessica," Jaejoong whispered. "Why'd you have to lie about my throat and what Donghae did? That was totally the opposite of what Donghae did to me."

The blond woman only raised a corner of her lip. "Why? You lied about who you are to Donghae. His 'best friend?' Please. Rather than a friend, he's more like a tool to you. I still don't understand why you chose Donghae to come to Section 13. We should seriously go and greet him."

"Not now," he responded. "Not yet. We'll wait until we get the password. Then we'll go greet him, and..."

Jessica, who was already hyped up with their conversation, couldn't wait for Jaejoong to continue.

"Then we'll get rid of Im Yoona, and restore peace before a revolution comes!"

Jaejoong smiled warmly, and patted his partner's head. "Your mind works like an angel, Jessica. How could I live without you?"