Discovered

Framed

Yoona found herself with Donghae and Yuri at the café. Yuri managed to get Donghae and Yoona permission to go out of school for "educational" purposes.

Whatever Yuri said must've been convincing, Yoona thought, nodding her head. She watched Yuri, who sat across from her, smile a bit when her smoothie arrived. Donghae, who sat next to Yoona, bowed his head a bit when he received his coffee, and she continued to wait for her tea and cake. But what's more suspicious is the nickname the two give each other. 'Fishy?' 'Black Pearl?' Something is definitely weird.

Yuri sipped her smoothie through a straw, then placed the large cup gently on the table. "So... How are you two? It's been a while, Yoona. You, too, Donghae."

"T-Things are going well," Donghae stuttered, wetting his lips nervously. 

What. He stuttered. Why did he stutter? Yoona wondered.

"Still in that organization?" Yuri asked.

"Always will be. I got kicked out of Section 1, so I kind of depend on this organization to go back home," he explained. "How about you? Why did you suddenly show up?"

Yuri paused, then stared at Yoona. "How are you, Yoona? Are things going well?"

"Haven't you read my letters?" Yoona asked a bit too oddly.

"Oh... Um, I've been moving back and forth, and my address keeps changing. Oh dear, you've been sending letters?" A pause. "I haven't gotten any of them."

Donghae glanced at Yuri. Was she serious? Back in the days when he was in Section 1, he remembered Yuri cry her heart out when she received plenty of letters from Yoona. He remembered her whimpering about how she wanted to go back home, and how she would stay up late at night to reread the past hundreds of letters. He glanced over at Yoona, who had a hard expression. The way she curled up her fingers caused Donghae to notice that she was furious and upset over her sister.

"O-Oh. Um, I see. W-Well, I better get going. Don't want to miss my letters-- I mean, lectures!" Yoona exclaimed, shooting straight up from her seat. She was just about to leave until her sister gave her a cold glare. 

"Sit," Yuri commanded. Like a little puppy, Yoona slowly sat back at her seat, obeying her sister's demanding voice. Yuri sipped her smoothie, and watched the waiter place a tray of tea and cake in front of Yoona.

"Oh yeah! My cake! Um, I should get these in a container or something and then leave--"

"No, you're staying. I have something I want to say to you, and afterwards you can leave. But Donghae, you would have to stay," Yuri said. She played with her straw, and stared at Yoona. "Yoona, you've heard how great Section 1 is, right?"

"R-Right," Yoona replied. Donghae raised an eyebrow, as he had a sense of what was going to happen.

"Well, Section 1 is holding up a new area. It's called... Outcast." Donghae widened his eyes and stared at Yuri in disbelief. "The place there is beautiful, really. I'm assigned to go there, and I can bring one lucky person with me on the trip there! So what do you say--"

"She can't," Donghae interrupted. He gave Yuri an icy look. "She's joined us."

There was a sudden silence. Yuri looked at Donghae with a dumbfounded expression, as if she was questioning whether to believe in him or not. Donghae looked down at his drink in shame, but mostly to avoid Yuri's upcoming rant. Yoona blinked her eyes, and stared at Yuri and Donghae. If he was able to tell Yuri about their secret plan, did that mean that Yuri was somehow related to the mess Yoona was now in?

Suddenly, Yuri stood up form her seat and grabbed her cold drink. She splashed it on Donghae's face, causing him to widen his eyes from the sudden chill. He looked up quickly, and found the infamous Black Pearl glare at him with rage. 

"How could you?" Yuri screamed, clearing the table with one swipe of her arm. Glasses shattered on the floor, and the liquids mixed together to bring out an ugly, unpleasant color. "How could you bring her into your schemes? Are you an idiot?"

"She was curious!" Donghae protested. "It's her fault--"

"Yoona, Yoona! Yoona, you have to come with me. Now!" Yuri rushed to grab her younger sister's wrist. Yoona could only widened her eyes at Yuri's irrational action. Although Yuri tried to pull her out of the café, Yoona wouldn't budge. 

"Yuri unnie--"

"Get out of here now, Yoona!" Yuri shouted. "Hurry!"

"W-Wait, Yuri! I don't understand! What's going on--"

"Run! Run Yoona, run!" Yuri cried. She collapsed on her knees, but her hands were grabbing onto Yoona's wrist. "Run or he's going to kill you..."

Yoona froze. She slowly turned to Donghae, who stared at the ground in disbelief. However, something must've triggered in his mind. The way he had his eyes wide open caused her to feel uncomfortable, and the way he slowly looked up at her made her feel as if she was a victim.

"Are you... the Section 1's professor? Mr. Im's granddaughter?" Donghae whispered.

Run, 'J' commanded.

Before his question could be answered, Yoona took off against her will, knowing two things: 1) 'J' was controlling her legs; and 2) Yes.

 

"Thank goodness! I thought you fainted in the middle of nowhere! Tiffany, are you feeling fine?" Mr. Hwang asked, touching his daughter's pale cheeks. He was pushed away by his own wife, who also cupped tiffany's cheek. Mrs. Hwang had tears streaming down her face as she only stared at her daughter with worry.

"Oh, my sweetie! Are you alright, Tiffany?" Mrs. Hwang kissed Tiffany's cheeks, who grimaced.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just had to meet someone urgently--"

"At night?" Mr. Hwang asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She was going to leave--"

"Thank goodness that the person's a 'she!'" Mrs. Hwang cried. "But Tiffany, you didn't have to appear as if you were missing for two straight days! Honestly, I--"

There was a knock on the door. Although her mother continue to blabber on about her worries, Tiffany couldn't help but stare at who was coming in. Siwon's head poked into the room, scanning for his fiancée. When he found Tiffany, he gave her a gentle smile and entered the room.

"Good morning, Mrs. and Mr. Hwang. How are you?" Siwon asked calmly.

"You..." Mr. Hwang turned angrily at Siwon. "You call yourself a man? What kind of man doesn't watch after his precious wife?"

"I was busy with school and paperworks--"

"I understand that you're paying for her medical bills, but to neglect her is just so wrong!" Mrs. Hwang sobbed even louder than before. 

"Mom, Dad..." Tiffany sighed. "Can you give me some time alone with Siwon?"

"Certainly," Mrs. Hwang murmured, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. Mr. Hwang wrapped his arm around his wife, shot a glare at Siwon, and left the room. Siwon heaved a sigh, and approached Tiffany with a frown on his face.

"You are so lucky that my butler couldn't find Yoona," Siwon muttered.

"Why? What were you going to do with her?" Tiffany questioned him. She stopped, then scrunched her nose. "Leave her out of our business. I don't want her to mistaken you and me as something real."

"I was going to use her to lure you in, but I guess we didn't have to go that far," Siwon explained. He pulled out a handful of flowers from his back. "For you."

"You act like I'm going to die or stay in this hospital or something," Tiffany mumbled. "I'm going to be discharged in, like, a day."

"Whatever. Just... please don't do that again. I have a huge gathering with all the Section Leaders, and I have to bring you over and introduce you to them as my fiancée, understand? We'll be gathering at my place tomorrow, so once you're discharged, immediately come to my meeting room. And please, wear something nice and formal. If you don't have anything to wear, contact this number. She's my personal stylist, and she would love to dress you up--"

"Is that it?" Tiffany snapped. "If you're going to talk about work and our fake future, I don't want to listen to it. If you're not going to care about me, I suggest that you leave."

Siwon opened his mouth to say something, but Tiffany shook her head. He closed his lips, and pressed them together. He exhaled loudly, and approached Tiffany with careful steps. He pulled out from his pocket a card. She stared at him strangely, while he blushed and looked away.

"A-A card," he stuttered. "I-It's nothing big, really. Don't get any ideas! It was just another set up for your parents to like me more."

Tiffany blinked her eyes, then giggled. Siwon turned red and groaned. He marched out of the room, ready to get busy for tomorrow. Right before he left, he touched the doorknob and looked back.

"Please don't run away again," he whispered softly. Tiffany stared at the door where Siwon left.

For the first time, she felt her heart skip at Siwon's gentle and sincere words.

Ba-thump.

 

At a hotel, Jaejoong howled with delight. Jessica, who just came out from taking a bath, stared at him with a frown. In front of Jaejoong was a laptop, with several cords connecting to different electronics in the room. As she dried her blond hair, she sat next to Jaejoong and stared at his computer.

"What happened?" she asked.

To this, Jaejoong smirked. "I got it!" Jaejoong exclaimed. "We don't need that blood identifier machine thing. I know who we're after."

"Well, well! This is quite exciting. How did you find out?"

"Remember that J-shaped ring I created? Remember how that was given to Siwon? Apprently, it's now in the hands of another close man roaming in Section 13," he explained. He continued to glide his fingers across the keyboard. "And I'm able to hack into the device. No one knows, but whoever hacks into the ring is able to read the user's mind and the one it is controlling. From this, I'm able to read two things: The one wearing the ring, and the one we're supposed to have targeted before."

"So... Who are we supposed to kill?" 

A wicked grin crawled up on his face. "Lee Donghae, the one wearing the ring, and Im Yoona, the one we've been targetting for the past years."