Inspection

Framed

Yoona nervously waited behind the long line of students as she tried to take a peek of what was happening at the far end of the line. Why, of all days, did the Lab Coats have to inspect the students today? She didn't want the Lab Coats to undo her hair and force her to change her best clothes into some disgusting, overused suit.

"This is so irritating," Yoona muttered. Tiffany, who was at least ten students away from Yoona, turned back and gave her an encouraging smile. Yoona smiled back, but quickly stared back at her shoes before the Lab Coats saw Tiffany socializing with her.

Suddenly, Yoona heard a scream. The scream was so loud, Yoona wanted to cringe.

"PLEASE! PLEASE STOP!" a student shrieked. Yoona clamped her ears shut with her hands and tightly closed her eyes. The screams were unbearable, especially this one. Even though Yoona tried her best to cover her ears, the screams were still clearly heard. "NO! DON'T! DON'T!"

"She must be getting Injected or Sawed," a voice murmured behind Yoona. Yoona slowly turned around and widened her eyes. Donghae looked down at the small girl and smiled. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you or anything."

"I-It's okay. It's already disturbed," Yoona quietly whispered. She paused, and then scrunched her face when she heard another scream. "Why are they doing this? It's so horrifying!"

"Because there's something wrong with her," Donghae replied, sighing. "Let's just hope that she lives."

Yoona turned completely white. "W-What do you mean…?"

"If she's getting Injected, she's obviously just a test to the Lab Coats. If she's being Sawed, then she must've been Injected a long time ago. The injection could've become a virus and caused the girl to act strange. She's probably going to lose a body part when the Lab Coats cut wherever the virus spread," Donghae explained. Yoona's brown eyes widened.

"Are…Are you serious? Is that even allowed?" Yoona quivered.

"Unfortunately, yes. Especially in Section 1," Donghae said. The last part was quiet, but Yoona was able to hear. She gulped down her saliva nervously, hoping that she wasn't getting Injected or Sawed.

Wait a minute.

"How do you know about this?" Yoona asked carefully, slowly turning around. Before she got an answer, a tall, rough Lab Coat ran up to her and forced Yoona to face the front.

"Face the front, sissy," the Lab Coat hissed. "We don't want you to break the rules."

"Yes sir," Yoona replied quickly, feeling nervous. Her hands were put to the side and she stared at the back of a random head in front of her. She tried to glance back, but she saw the same Lab Coat watching over her. Yoona gently bit her bottom lip, knowing that she did something wrong and would influence the Lab Coat's decision in her future.

Darn it, Donghae! You made me curious now! Yoona cursed.

And in no time, it was Yoona's turn to suffer.

 

"Im Yoona, yes?" Yoona stared at the short, old Lab Coat who checked her clipboard. Yoona slowly nodded her head, wondering how old this lady was. "Ah, so you're quite healthy, aren't you?"

"Um…I guess. I mean, I don't know, but–" Yoona was cut off when she felt something wet on her arm. Her eyes widened as she saw the Lab Coat wipe a disinfecting wipe on her arm. "A-Are…Wait, what are you doing–"

"I'm going to inject this needle in your blood system. Do not freak out, or else something can go wrong," the old Lab Coat said. Yoona suddenly felt uncomfortable with the needle as she thought of what Donghae said before. She cringed and turned pale as her arm began to shake. The Lab Coat quickly strapped Yoona's arms on the armchair, causing Yoona to freeze. Was she really going to be Injected?

"M-May I ask what this is for? T-The needle," Yoona said, staring at the sharp, pointy end of the shot.

"Oh, just something," the Lab Coat mumbled. The Lab Coat looked up, and found Yoona looking ill as the seconds past. The Lab Coat frowned, and turned back to her clipboard. "That's strange…"

"W-What?" Yoona stuttered.

"It says here that you've never been Inject– I mean, you never had a shot, nor were you ever sick. You look pretty sick to me–"

"Oh gosh, yes!" Yoona sighed in relief as she quickly put up a sick look. "Yes! I am very sick! I don't think I can be Injected or anything!"

"Maybe you're just nervous. Here, have some of these red pills. They will help you keep calm," the Lab Coat said, handing Yoona two pills and a glass of water. Just when Yoona was about to put her pills in , the Lab Coat stopped her. "Wait, how do you know about the Injection process?"

Yoona froze and turned white. "Uh…" She stared down at the pills, and quickly shoved them in the Lab Coat's mouth. The Lab Coat widened her eyes as Yoona covered the Lab Coat's mouth and nose. "Here! You might need to calm down a bit, too!"

Gulp. The Lab Coat swallowed two pills and quickly chugged down the glass of water. Yoona took a deep breath, and bit her tongue. She knew that she did a terrible thing to the Lab Coat, and could be caught any minute.

At that moment, the tall, lean Lab Coat entered the private room. "What's going on here? What's taking so long?"

Yoona hitched her breath as she stared at the old lady. Shoot! I'm dead meat!

The old Lab Coat did not say a word. Then, slowly, she looked up and frowned. She looked confused rather than mad, and she looked a bit clueless than taunting.

"What are you doing, Lab Coat #1043? Are you stalling time?" the tall Lab Coat yelled. He looked furious, and Lab Coat #1043 couldn't say a word.

"Um…We're d-done," Yoona stuttered, taking this chance to run away. "I was already Inject– I mean, the shot. Yeah, the shot already, um, you know, went through my arm."

"Is that so?"

"Y-Yes sir."

"And you took the red pills?"

"Um…Y-Yes sir. I took two of them," Yoona lied, glancing at Lab Coat #1043.

The tall Lab Coat studied Yoona for a moment, and then nodded his head. "Very well. Lab Coat #1043, I'll take it from here. You look…dizzy."

The old Lab Coat nodded her head and walked out of the room, blinking her eyes. Yoona watched the tall Lab Coat unbuckled the straps and found a nametag on his left chest: Lab Coat #1045.

She would've asked the Lab Coat for his name if only he didn't shoo her away. As Yoona was about to leave the room, she glanced back and saw Donghae walking up to the chair with a straight face. From what she had experienced, being Injected was probably some kind of secret process between the Lab Coats. The old woman seemed scared when Yoona mentioned about being Injected.

Wait.

If the Lab Coats were cautious of not telling the citizens about being Injected, then how did Donghae know?