Lasers

Framed

"...Do I know you?"

Donghae stared at the old, pale woman. He found himself at Yoona's house, panting from running too hard. His hair was damped with sweat and was covered with the excreting liquid. He gulped nervously and took a deep breath.

"Is... Yoona here?" he asked quietly.

The mother froze. "Who are you?"

"I... I'm Lee Donghae, Yoona's friend. I'm supposed to... pick her up," he lied. The way Yoona's mother looked at him questionably made him continue. "Um, we have a project at school. We're supposed to be working on it today... and tomorrow... possibly until next month."

"But my daughter never said anything about it," Mrs. Im said, tilting her head.

"Well, we are going on a two-month class trip," Donghae added. "So Yoona probably forgot."

"A-A two-month class trip? Two months?" She exclaimed. Her eyes suddenly narrowed. "Wait a minute. You're not really my daughter's friend, right?"

Well... "We're more of an acquaintance," Donghae made up. "Sorry that I lied."

"No, really. Who are you?" the mother asked, ready to slam the door. 

Hello? Testing, testing! An unfamiliar voice popped up in his head. Donghae froze. By heart, he knew that this voice in his head wasn't his. It sounded so much more clear, and the sound was more distinguished.

Donghae turned white, but managed to keep himself calm. "I... I am Yuri's friend. She asked me to pick her up. Apparently Yuri wants Yoona to go to Section 1 with her. Something about her safety. I'm not too sure, but I started running and came here as soon as I found out Yoona's location."

Okay, so you managed to tell some of the truth, but added in a few twists of lies. Hey, I like you! What's your name? the same voice asked.

Donghae shook his head. "Er, so is Yoona there? I really need to see her as soon as poss... What the..."

His eyes wandered behind him, here Jessica and Jaejoong were casually walking down the streets with a small computer. Not too far from them was Yuri dressed in a black suit with a small gun in her hands. 

Yoona's mother gave him an odd look. "Something wrong?"

"Um... Can I come in?" Donghae asked. It was clear that Mrs. Im did not like Donghae. Yet, he couldn't do anything about his situation.

"Sure," Mrs. Im said, making way for Donghae to step inside. Once he did, he rushed upstairs without taking his shoes off. He heard Mrs. Im yell at him, and more footsteps below (which seemed to belong to Mr. Im's footsteps). He found a door closed and twisted the door knob, only to realize that it was locked.

Oh! You found Yoona! the same voice in his head said.

"Shut it, old man!" Donghae grunted, knocking the door frantically. "Hey, Yoona! Do you hear me? Open the door!"

Better open the door, or else Yoona will die, the voice warned him. Without waiting another second, he kicked the door open after pounding on it three more times. Once the door fell down, he looked up and stared at Yoona for quite a long time. Her parents scrambled up the stairs, enraged over Donghae's rude and disruptive entrance. The father stormed up to Donghae and grabbed him by the collar.

"Young man, I don't know who you think you are, but--" Mr. Im stopped. He stared at Yoona's room, and widened his eyes. Mrs. Im scurried over, then gasped. She suddenly collapsed on her knees and began to sob loudly. In the middle of the room, a small pool of red liquid stained the carpet. Yoona stood still, her hands covered with blood. Her hair was drenched with her own blood, and her head was bleeding like a red river.

"Yoona!" Donghae screamed, running up to her. He cupped her hands in his own, not caring about her sinful hands. "What happened?"

She looked up at him with dead, dull eyes. For a moment, she looked like a zombie experiencing a near death experience. Suddenly, tears began to swell up in her eyes, watering the brown orbs back to life.

"D-Donghae," she whispered. 

"What. Happened."

"I... I heard a voice... I... I can't... I can't move..." Tears streamed down her pale cheeks. "D-Donghae... 'J' is haunting me... He's so close!"

"What? Wait, Yoona. What are you talking about? Who's 'J'? Take a deep breath and calm down," he told her.

So your name is Donghae, the unfamiliar voice spoke in his head. Yoona looked up with wide eyes and stared at Donghae, who also heard the voice. It was so loud, they two were about to get a headache.

"You... Do you hear it?" Yoona asked, seeing Donghae's horrified reaction. He paused, then slowly nodded his head.

"What is it?" he asked, his voice barely audible.

Yoona, meet Donghae, the man who is assigned to protect you. Donghae, meet Yoona, the woman you thought you should kill, but aren't supposed to. Both of you, meet me, 'J.' Oh, but I guess I should finally reveal my name to you. The name is...

"Duck!" Mr. Im screamed. Yoona and Donghae looked up and stared at each other, finding red dot on their forehead. Both stared at each other with wide eyes, and quickly duck for cover. 

Bang! Bang!

...For the two, things just got even more serious.

 

It took a few minutes for Tiffany to realize that she was in Siwon's room and having tea with him. Siwon crossed his legs and sipped his warm drink, helping himself with a few snacks from the plate in between them. Tiffany nervously rubbed her hands against her pants, looking every where but Siwon.

"So... You want me to send something to Section 1?" Siwon asked. "Why?"

Tiffany bit his tongue. "Ah... I have a friend, and she's planning to go to Section 1. I wanted to give her a surprise gift. I know the address of the place, too! Here."

She took out a small slip from her purse and handed it to Siwon. Siwon stared at the paper, then frowned. Once he frowned, she knew that she was caught. 

"Tiffany, this isn't a home. This is a laboratory. You shouldn't know about this place. It's top secret. Who told you?" Siwon asked. 

"Um... I can't tell you who told me, but I do know that I have to send something to her as soon as possible," Tiffany said quietly.

"Fany, are you going against the government? Against me?" he questioned her. 

I can't say a word about Yoona and Donghae. I got to keep calm and start looking for loop-holes, she thought. "No, not against you. Like I said, it's just a large present. Who doesn't like present?"

"But Tiffany, the address--"

"If you did love me, you wouldn't be hesitating."

Siwon gave her a disapproving look. "It's not that I don't love you. It's just that I don't want to be excommunicated or anything. Look, I'll just ask you this: What do you plan to put in a box and why?"

"I told you. I'm putting presents in the box to congratulate her for going from Section 13 to Section 1--" Tiffany paused, then widened her eyes. Siwon gave her a strange look, and raised an eyebrow. He was close to finding out her secret.

"Someone from Section 13, huh? Tiffany, I'm part of the Section 13 leaders, now. I know, by heart, who is in and out of Section 13. Yet, I've received no notice over someone from my area being promoted to the best section there is. Would you mind telling me what's really going on?" Siwon inquired.

I'm out of options, she thoughts, her heart racing. The organ pounded against her chest, causing Tiffany to squirm a bit in her seat. She tried to drink her tea, but with her shaky hands, it was impossible to grip the handle of the cup. What should I do?

"Tiffany, please tell me the tr--"

"I'll marry you."

Siwon looked up with a shocked look. "W-What? We've already discussed marrying--"

"I'll marry you right now. Tomorrow, now, whenever. I don't care. I'll marry you, love you, and will promise to be with you until either of us die. I won't stall time, I won't complain. I'll stop hating you, and I'll let you tell the whole world--including Yoona--that we're engaged. Just... Just please let me send a package to Section 1," Tiffany pleaded, her voice weak and hoarse. 

Siwon's expression softened, and he stared down at his drink. From the way Tiffany begged him so desperately, he knew that she was serious. 

"Will it hurt my reputation?" he asked gently.

Tiffany shook her head. "No. It won't. If we get the passage through secretly, it won't hurt you."

"What are my chances?"

"95% for success, 3% for misplacement, and 2% for wrecking your life," Tiffany reported. "But even if it does go wrong... I'll run with you. I'll die with you. Just let me send that package, please!" Tiffany begged, tightening her fingers into a fist. 

The tall man got up, then nodded his head. "Okay, fine. We'll get married tomorrow morning. Announcements will be made overnight."

"Thank you," she replied. She hid her face with her long, brown hair as tears streamed down her face.