Bloody Silk

Framed

Yoona scowled as she searched around the ballroom. Where did Donghae go? He said that he had to take an important call. She doubted that a boy would be on the phone for thirty minutes, having a friendly chat with the important person. As she continued her important search, she felt someone grab her wrist. Yoona turned around and squinted her eyes to know who had grabbed her hand.

"Tiffany, what's up?" Yoona asked. Tiffany panted for air as she glared at Yoona.

"Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you! You missed your chance to dance with Siwon!" Tiffany exclaimed. Yoona let out a nervous laugh as she blush.

"I was…wandering around. Oh, and quit it with me liking Siwon, alright? I can't dance with him! My feet would probably step on his feet," Yoona said, turning bright red. Tiffany snorted and rolled her eyes. She crossed her arm and shifted her weight to one side.

"Are you serious? You were wandering around? I saw you dancing with the new kid. Are you taking an interest in Donghae now?" Tiffany asked. Yoona's red face turned pale.

"That's horrifying! I will never date Donghae! He's just…a childhood friend," Yoona lied. Tiffany's eyes sparked.

"A childhood friend? Really? How romantic!" Tiffany squealed. Yoona laughed nervously, as Tiffany grabbed her hand. "Well, if you're looking for Donghae, he's dancing with a few girls at that corner."

Yoona's eyes enlarged. "What?!" She pushed Tiffany to the side and tip-toed to see above the crowd. There was Donghae happily dancing with a girl, who was blushing and giggling every few second. Yoona's eyes grew cold as she stepped back down. "Be right back. Oh, and if I do anything crazy, don't stop me."

Tiffany quickly nodded her head as Yoona stormed towards where Donghae was. Once she was an arm length away from Donghae, she pulled him away from the student she was dancing with. The student looked shocked to see Yoona, who was glaring at Donghae. Donghae laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey…Yoona," Donghae greeted slowly.

"Don't you 'hey' me!" Yoona snapped. "I've been looking around for you for thirty minutes, and I find you dancing with girls! Come on, Donghae! I have to get home after you tell me…about 'you-know-what.'"

Donghae hesitated, and looked away. "Do I have to tell you?"

Yoona raised an eyebrow. "You weren't going to tell me?"

"I-It's not like that! It's just… Ow!" Donghae yelped in pain as Yoona dragged Donghae by the ear into an empty room. She threw Donghae into the room, who fortunately landed on the bed. She locked the door behind her and pulled off her mask. Donghae's eyes widened.

"Hey, if you take off your mask, it's bad luck!" Donghae warned her.

"Unfortunately for you, I don't believe in bad luck. Now take off your stupid mask! It's hard to talk to you when you were it. It looks… goofy." Yoona paused for a moment, and then crossed her arms. "Oh, and if anybody asks, you're my childhood friend."

Donghae looked up at Yoona with his mask still on his face. "What-?"

"Moving on!" Yoona exclaimed, changing the subject. She pulled an empty chair and sat on it as she narrowed her eyes. "What's up with the red pills and everyone?"

Donghae kept his mouth shut. He looked like a stubborn toddler: lips sealed, arms crossed, and using his "threatening" eyes to pierce into Yoona's brown orbs. When Yoona tried to ask him a question, Donghae would keep quiet and ignore Yoona's question. The two repeated this action for minutes until Yoona gave up on asking Donghae questions.

"Okay, you're obviously not going to answer me, so let me ask you a different question." Yoona took a deep breath, and gave Donghae an intense stare. "Can I ask you a simple, easy to answer question?"

"No," Donghae said stubbornly. "Why would I tell you something that only should know?"

"Well, I kind of already know the situation," Yoona replied. Then, she groaned. "Come on! There has to be a way to get some answers from you! I want to know- No, I need to know!"

Donghae kept quiet for a few moments. "If I tell you some secrets, will you help me finish my job?"

Yoona blinked her eyes. "What job? What does it have to do?"

"Oh, you know. Like, secrets and people. It's not hard. However, you can't tell anyone about this job I'm going to give you," Donghae said tauntingly.

"Why are you so secretive? You're making me so frustrated!" Yoona exclaimed, feeling her brain pounding against her skulls. Donghae chuckled, and then smiled.

"I'll only tell you if you help me with my job. It's really simple, really. It's the cause of why I'm at Section 13 instead of Section 1," Donghae said. Then, his expression softened as he stared at his hands. "It's a request from someone who I'm indebted to."

"You're indebted to someone?" Yoona asked. Donghae shrugged his shoulders.

"It's no big deal. Anyways, are you going to take my offer or not?" Donghae questioned. Yoona bit her bottom lip. She glanced at Donghae worriedly, who smirked and slightly tilted his head.

"I…I couldn't…I'm sorry, but I came here for answers, not to finish off your job. If you aren't going to tell me the answers, then I'll just leave and find out for myself," Yoona stated boldly. Donghae sighed in disappointment as he sat up from the bed.

"Alright, whatever you say. Let me just remind you that if you get involved with whatever I'm getting involved into, you'll end up holding something like…this." Donghae tossed Yoona a red silk, which fell from Donghae's hand like an autumn leave. Yoona quickly grabbed the silk and frowned at Donghae, who unlocked the door and left the room. When he closed the door behind him, Yoona sighed in disappointment as she squeezed the silk handkerchief in her hand. Yoona slowly frowned. The silk was…wet. Yoona stared down at the silk, and screamed. She threw the silk across the room and scrambled near a wall. Her eyes widened as she stared at her drenched hands.

They were covered in blood.

Pure, red blood.

What's Donghae doing with…human blood? Yoona wondered, sniffing the iron-scented liquid from her one hands. As the minute hand passed by, she grew even more curious of Donghae's secret.

 

"Hey Siwon, have you seen Yoona anywhere?" Tiffany asked. Siwon looked around, and shook his head.

"No I don't. She's probably with Donghae since I don't see him, either," Siwon replied. Tiffany heaved a sigh and nodded her head.

"Alright. Then I'll be off. See ya-"

"Wait, Fany!" Siwon exclaimed. However, Tiffany already disappeared into the crowd, blending in with all the other students. He sighed depressingly and glanced at the large clock on the wall. "It's almost midnight…" he murmured.


Author's Note: Dun, dun, dun~! Haha, hey guys! If you guys didn't read my author's note in my two other fanfics, "Oppas' Little Girl" or "Driven To Despair," I just wanted to tell you guys that I'll be on a one-month long hiatus. No, it's not because I have no other ideas for this story. It's because I'll be going on a trip to Korea for a month, and where I'll be living probably has no Wifi. I'm going to try to update before I leave, but it's not very likely for me to update. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the update and see you guys soon!