Chance for Love

Framed

Yoona woke up with the sun's glare hitting her eyes. She squinted her eyes and threw her hand over her brown orbs. She felt weak and hot, and her brain felt like it shriveled up and died. She was surprised that she was conscious after the imense pain she had received from the Lab Coats. Right then, she heard something rustling and the room suddenly grew dim. Yoona was now able to open her eyes without straining her eyes. She gasped and quickly scrambled up to sit down as the handsome figure approached her with cautious. Yoona tried to pinch herself, but the headache she was receiving already told her that she wasn't dreaming. She nervously gulped and gazed into the man's humble, brown eyes. 

"S-Siwon!" Yoona stuttered. Her cheeks turned pink and her heart would not stop racing. The gentleman smiled warmly at Yoona and sat down at the edge of the bed. 

"It's a good thing you woke up," he said. "I thought you were dead!"

Yoona blushed and looked away. "N-No. I'm a s-strong girl."

"So what happened?" The question caught Yoona off guard. She blinked her eyes innocently until her face shaped itself in a strange way. She gave Siwon a confused look as she tried her hardest to remember every single detail. However, nothing came. All she remembered was a Lab Coat doing something with a brain, slipping in an object that made her swallow something, then-

Yoona stopped. An object. She ate an object. Shoot. Don't tell me I ate the red pill.

"What's wrong?" Siwon asked. Yoona stared at Siwon, then shook her head slowly. No! She just had to remember what happened! Lab Coat, red pill… What else? What was the final thing that Yoona heard, or saw? She pouted her lips, struggling to remember and collect her memories. Seeing Yoona try so hard to remember, Siwon chuckled and patted her head. At that moment, all her thoughts vanished and was replaced by the sound of her heart racing for Siwon.

"S-Siwon…"

"Should I get something for you to eat? You might want to refuel your energy," Siwon offered. Yoona nodded her head. Hungry or not, she wanted to eat something while she tried to think of what had happened to her. Siwon flashed her a grin and pulled out a tray of porridge from his desk. "I thought you would be hungry, so I already made you food. Here. Porridge is the best thing I can cook for myself."

Yoona's eyes widened as she stared at her fancy meal. The silver spoon delicately waited to be picked up, and the fancy china bowl begged to be polished. The porridge sat still, yet the scent of it wafted into the room. Gently picking up the utensil, she scooped up the porridge and began to eat. It wasn't the best porridge she had eaten, but it was decent enough for Yoona to snack on.

"Hey, Yoona…" Siwon started. Yoona looked up from her bowl, but gasped when she found his face only inches away. She stopped chewing and stared at Siwon with wide eyes. Her heart pounded against her chest, and she was worried that Siwon might've heard her heart. 

Ah. So this is who you like.

Yoona's eyes almost popped out as the familiar voice echoed in her head. She quickly pushed Siwon away from her, which caused Siwon to frown.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Yoona shook her head. Her heart was racing in fear of the voice, which invaded her thoughts and feelings. 

Get out, Yoona demanded. She hoped that her bravery would at least push away the voice, but it came back to attack her head.

How am I supposed to get out when I'm your conscience? the voice asked.

Stop it. I hate you. Go away. I don't even know you.

Yoona, don't you get it? I'm your voice, your conscience. I'm you.

Yoona shook her head, staring down at her bowl of porridge. She couldn't believe what was happening to her.

There was a voice in her head.

A voice that she could not get rid of.

 

"What do you mean you can't access inside her mind? We had total control when we tested her!" a furious man yelled. He was the same Lab Coat who had tried to get answers from Yoona, and from the tone of his voice, no one should be joking. Two woman dressed in white nervously stared at him.

"S-Sir, I'm afraid someone hacked into the blue pill we slipped inside ," one of the woman with black ponytail started.

"How? It was in her body for crying out loud! It would be impossible unless someone dissected her, took the pill out, hacked into it, and made her eat it again!"

Right then, someone towered over the angry Lab Coat. This man was dressed in a black coat, and you could tell that he was different from the rest. The two women quivered their lips and stared at the man in black with wide eyes.

"Lab Coat General #13, yes?" the black lab coat asked. The man, who was once angry, turned pale and slowly turned around.

"L-Lab Coat President for Section 13," the general stuttered.

"What's going on?"

"N-Nothing sir. E-Everything is in order," the general muttered. The lab coat dressed in black darkly gazed into the general's eyes. The general gulped, and stared at the two woman behind him. "W-Well, we might have a little problem…"

 

Donghae groaned. His phone rang several times today, and he didn't want to answer all the missed calls. He cursed at himself for being so popular with girls and guys various of age. He glanced at his phone, watched it ring in silence, and stop. Then another caller popped up, and Donghae once again chose to ignore it. It wasn't until a specific name popped up on his phone. He quickly snatched his phone and answered the fellow caller.

"Oh, hey Siwon. What's up? Got anything-"

"I-It's Yoona, Donghae," a female voice whispered. Donghae frowned. Yoona? What was she doing with Siwon's phone?

"Um, hey Yoona. Is Siwon there-"

"Listen. Listen carefully, okay? I need you to listen."

"I-I'm listening," Donghae stuttered. Strange. Why did Yoona sound like she was in panic? He heard her breath several times before she finally got to the point of the reason why she called him.

"A-About what we talked about at Siwon's party… I need to join you."

Donghae widened his eyes. This was a serious matter. It was the type of situation where he was supposed to get to the point quickly and meet her somewhere in private. 

But why was his heart beating so fast at the thought of Yoona joining him on his mission?