No Response

Framed

Yoona didn't know how long she had been walking, but she knew that she had been walking around with Donghae for hours. Their hands became sweaty, yet the boy never let go. His grip around her tiny, fragile hand was firm, notifying the female that he wasn't planning on letting go sooner or later. The sky turned darker, and the shadows began to disappear. When they arrived at the center of the town, Yoona took this chance to look behind her. The two Lab Coats, who had followed them all the time, had their cameras capturing every little step the two friends took. Yoona gulped nervously, unsure if she should gather the courage to approach them. She glanced at the golden tower, which had a large town clock ticking silently as the sun disappeared. She widened her eyes at the unbelievable time. 

"Donghae, it's already eight!" Yoona exclaimed. Donghae glanced at the clock with sweat trickling down his forehead. The two were tired from walking and running away from the Lab Coats for four hours, and they were getting hungry. Yoona nervously glanced at Donghae and slightly pouted. "I'm past my curfew!"

Ba-thump. Donghae's heart leaped a beat as a blush suddenly crawled up his cheeks. Her tiny pout caused him to think how cute she was, and as the same thought replayed over his head, he hid his red face in his large hand. Embarrassed to speak to the young woman, he continued to drag her along, forgetting that the Lab Coats were stalking them from behind.

"You're hungry, right? Let's go to the burger shop over there. Here." Donghae tossed her his cell phone. "Use my phone to contact your parents. They should understand that we're on our little 'date.'"

At this, Yoona blushed and quickly dialed her home number. She had a small argument with her parents about having a date late, but Yoona had won by describing how they would get to see the beautiful night sky together. With this, Yoona hung up and handed the phone to Donghae, who had came with a tray of three cheeseburgers and two medium-sized drink.

"Why three?" Yoona asked, scrunching her nose.

"One for you and two for me." Donghae paused for a moment when Yoona gave him a disapproving look. "What? I'm hungry."

"How about half? Let's share the third burger."

"Ha! No way. It's my food. I paid the meal," Donghae said smugly, rubbing the third hamburger in front of Yoona's face. Yoona scowled and rolled her eyes as she unfolded the wrapper.

"Whatever," she grumbled, furiously looking out the window. She quickly diverted her attention away from the window when she saw the same Lab Coats staring and recording them. What on earth do they want?

"Um, so…" Donghae slowly began to make his way on intertwining his fingers with Yoona's. From the sudden brush of their fingers, Yoona jumped and pulled her hand away. A sharp, electrifying wave caused Yoona to blush, as her heart began to pump faster than before. Her cheeks started to feel hot, and Yoona placed her cold hands to cool them down.

Act like a couple, 'J' commanded her. Yoona slowly nodded her head to herself, trusting the voice inside her head. She carefully (and cautiously) intertwined her fingers with Donghae. She noticed how red Donghae's face was and how sweaty his hands were, but kept quiet and pretended to be oblvious of his shy look.

He kind of looks cute like this, Yoona thought. The image of Siwon popped into her head, and she quickly shook her head while widening her eyes. Ew! How can I think of Donghae when I have Siwon! Yuck!

You're in love! her conscience .

"Shut up," Yoona murmured to herself. Donghae's eyebrows went up, wondering if he had said his thoughts out loud. The fellow woman, who suddenly realized that she had cursed at Donghae, gasped and apologized with a small bow of her head. "S-Sorry! I was just… You know…"

"Do you want to stay over at my place for tonight? By the time you go home, it might be too late," Donghae suggested. Yoona checked the clock on the wall. It was already going to be nine in thirty minutes. The Blue Cops, who patrolled around to make sure that every citizen was safe, would be scattered all over the area at midnight. 

"No, it's okay. I can call Tiffany and stay at her house," Yoona said. 

"Come on, Yoona. We need to talk," Donghae emphasized. Yoona raised an eyebrow, slowly understanding what Donghae was trying to say. She held out her hand, asking for his cell phone. He broke into a grin and lent her his phone, satisfied that his message had gotten through Yoona. 

"Hello? Yeah, hey Mom, it's me, Yoona. Listen…"

 

Drops of blood trickled down a man's forehead as a worried woman wiped away the blood with her pure white handkerchief. She sighed and busily brought out her First-Aid kit from her bag. She took out a white cotton and placed some alcohol on it. As she dabbed the wet cotton against the man's forehead, he flinched and swapped away her hand.

"Stop it, Jess. It hurts," he muttered. The woman sighed and continued dabbing the alcohol on his forehead, ignoring his stubborn complaints.

"I can't believe you actually did that, Jaejoong," she mumbled back. "Why did you call the Lab Coats? No, I take that back. Why did you have to offend them? What if they're onto Donghae and Yoona?"

Jaejoong forced a quiet laugh. He felt Jessica run her fingers through his jet black hair, which seemed almost invisible under the darkness of the night. His eyes, which gave off an unwelcome expression, narrowed as he stared up at the full moon.

"It's okay. Donghae can handle it. As for Yoona… It's best to get rid of her soon," he whispered.

"Why don't you just let her join us?" Jessica asked, covering her bright, blonde hair with a navy blue hood. She wrapped around a white bandage around Jaejoong's forehead to soak in the blood. Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders and yawned tiredly while he watched the woman put away her kit.

"It's okay. We only need the three of us to do this job. Four is just too much," Jaejoong said. He paused for a moment, then got up from the ground. He instantly bit his bottom lip as he began to feel dizzy. Jessica forced him back down and glanced at her watch.

"We need more people to clear the ground. I say we invite her." As she struggled to read the time, she sighed. "It's getting late. We need to find shelter, and I do not want to sleep outside."

The man let out a laugh. "Sure. Do you want to sleep in an empty dumpster or in the ground?"

Jessica glared at him. "Jaejoong!"

"What? We're not sleeping outside. We're actually in or under something-"

"I say we got find Donghae and ask him for some shelter. I'm sick of hiding from everyone," Jessica grunted. She stood up and began to walk around. Her eyes stopped for a brief moment in front of an electronics store. There was a large HD television on the display, showing whatever news the reporters were reporting. Her eyes enlarged when she spotted a specific part of the breaking news before it swapped to another channel. She slowly tugged on Jaejoong's sleeve, stunned.

"What?" Jaejoong asked, annoying.

"Jaejoong… Are we at Section 13 yet?" Jessica asked quietly. 

Jaejoong snorted. "What? No. We're at Section 4, not 13. It's going to take us a long time for us to get to Section 13 by foot. Why?" 

The shocked woman tapped on her lips with her index finger. "I… I think… I think I just saw us on the Section 13's news."

"What? Jessica, are you okay?" Jaejoong asked. He was about to check Jessica's temperature before his eyes caught what Jessica had seen on the same screen. His eyes almost popped out as he gasped for some air. His heart raced in panic, and for a moment, he wasn't sure what was going on.

"Jaejoong… You saw it, right? You saw it, too!" Jessica screeched quietly. Jaejoong slowly got up and lent Jessica his hand.

"Jess."

"What?"

"…The Lab Coats. The government. They're onto us and Donghae."