Return of Black Pearl

Framed

"Our class it currently divided to those who are going to fail, and those who are going to pass. About less than half of you all are on the brink of failing. Therefore, I will be pairing you up in a group: two people who will fail, and two people who will pass. Those who are qualified to pass will help raise up the failing student's grade. Any questions?" Mr. Park asked. All the students nodded their head, and waited for the teacher to collect a few papers. Once Mr. Park grabbed a sheet of paper from the desk, he began to read aloud everyone's name.

"Lee Donghae and Han Sunhwa! You two have moderate scores, but it would be advised for you two to bring your grades up," Mr. Park said.

"Seriously, why do we have to do this?" Sunhwa complained. "If less than half of us are failing, doesn't that mean that something is wrong with the way you teach or how the tests you make up are presented?"

"Lee Sungmin and Im Yoona will be delighted to help you answer that question," Mr. Park responded. Sunhwa grunted, and Donghae widened his eyes. He looked up and found Yoona grabbing her books and pencils. She headed there way, but she was briefly stopped when Sungmin joined her and headed towards Donghae and Sunhwa. The four students connected the table into a square, allowing a pair to look at each other face-to-face. It just happened to be so that Donghae was sitting across Yoona, who was going to help him study.

"Hm... This doesn't seem right," Sungmin said. "Sunhwa, you would be more comfortable if you were taught by Yoona, right?"

"I'm not the one complaining. In fact, I don't really care who teaches me." Sunhwa leaned forth. "By the way, I do have a lovely, yet irritating 89% in this class, so there's no reason for you to teach me."

"I got a 97%," Sungmin boasted. "What about you two?"

"I have two percent lower than your grade, Sungmin," Yoona replied. She paused, then turned to Donghae, who only stared. "How about you, Donghae? You--" She stopped herself before getting too comfortable with him. "I-I mean... Right, you forgot your memories. Maybe that's why you're in a small slump?"

"I have the same grade as Sunhwa," Donghae answered. "I... I don't really need any help."

"Right," Sungmin said, rolling his eyes. "So you think you can do this on your own, huh?"

Donghae shot him a glare. "What? I never--"

"Would you teach me already?" Sunhwa snapped. "Get back to the context!"

"Right. We have to focus," Yoona agreed, opening her book. "Here, Sunhwa. Why don't you try solving this? I'll fix it, and you can do a similar problem to the ones you got wrong afterwards."

For the next twenty minutes, Sunhwa diligently focused on her work. She refused to receive help, even when she was stuck on a few of the problems. Donghae just watched, and continued to stare at Yoona, who soon felt uncomfortable. Yet, she pretended as if she didn't noticed and continued to do her own homework. Sungmin only glanced around the room, constantly rolling his eyes up to the clock.

"Finished!" the studious girl exclaimed. "I'm done!"

Yoona smiled, and grabbed the book. "Let's see--"

"Wrong, wrong, and wrong," Sungmin announced, his red pen flying on the work Sunhhwa did. Sunhwa dropped and stared at him with disbelief, while Yoona ran over the work. She frowned, then pointed to one particular problem on the paper.

"Sungmin, this one is right," Yoona argued.

"No, it's wrong. Look, if this..." Sungmin began to explain how to fix the problem, leaving Yoona arguing back and slowly understand the mistake she made. Seeing how close Sungmin and Yoona seemed, Donghae began to feel agitated. The corner of his lips twitched, and his eyebrows bent down to show his disapproving look. 

"Oh! I see! Oh man, and to think that I was saying that this was right!" Yoona exclaimed, realizing her fault. Sungmin smirked proudly and playfully messed up Yoona's hair.

Twitch, twitch.

"See? This is why I'm number one and you're number two," Sungmin pointed out. Yoona laughed quietly, trying to suppress her smile from the teacher, who checked on them quite often. 

I hate him, 'J' said. Yoona stopped smiling, and paled. The voice sounded so near. It was loud, and it didn't echo like how it usually did. The voice sounded solid, and it was definitel a guy's voice. Suddenly, an eerie screech cramped in her mind, causing Yoona to gasp and clutch her head with her tiny hands. 

"Yoona!" Sunhwa exclaimed, staring at Yoona with wide eyes. Yoona forced a smile, then nodded her head.

"I-I'm fine," Yoona responded. 

"Are you sure? You seem sick," Sungmin said, raising his hand to touch Yoona's forehead. 

Before Sungmin could make a move, Donghae pulled Yoona out of her seat. Yoona yelped, and accidentally kicked her chair when she was forced to get up. Sungmin and Sunhwa blinked their eyes, confused with Donghae's actions. Yoona tried to look into Donghae's eyes, but he covered them while with his bangs. Donghae looked up at Mr. Park, who gave him a strange look.

"Yoona isn't feeling well," Donghae said. "I'm taking her to the nurse's office."

He dragged Yoona out of the room, who was too confused to say anything. He continued to pull her through the halls, then stopped when he arrived at the nurse's office. When he went inside with her, he scanned around to see if the nurse was here. 

"Donghae, let go," Yoona whispered softly. Instead of letting go, his grip tightened around her wrist, causing her to whimper in pain. He suddenly locked the door, and pushed Yoona down onto the floor. Yoona widened her eyes, and stared at Donghae with disbelief. "Donghae! What are you d--"

"Do you like him?" Donghae blurted. 

Yoona struggled. "Like who?"

"Him. You know, that guy," Donghae said. 

"Donghae, there are a lot of guys! What's gotten into you?" Yoona asked.

"That guy! Sungmin! Do you like Sungmin?" he shouted. Yoona blinked.

"W-What?" She turned bright red. "W-Where are you getting this kind of i-information?"

"You're blushing," Donghae mumbled.

"It's just embarrassing!" Yoona defended. "I do not like Sungmin! Don't you know that he has a long-distance relationship with one of my old friend?"

Donghae blinked his eyes, and brushed his bangs away. Hearing this, he quickly climbed off of Yoona and sat down besides her. Yoona brought her body to a sitting position, then dusted herself off after she was confident that Donghae wasn't going to jump on her. Donghae laughed lightly, then rubbed the back of his nape.

"Oh! You should've told me sooner!" he exclaimed. "How would I know such a thing?" He stopped himself, then blushed. "But... is your head okay?"

Before Yoona could respond, the doorknob began to shake. The two looked up, and gasped in surprise when the door was unlocked and swung itself. Standing in front of them wasn't the usual nurse, but a face that was familiar to both of them.

"So. Who was the one who locked the--" The woman paused, then widened her eyes. "What the-- Yoona? Fishy?"

Yoona was about to say something until she heard what the woman called Donghae: Fishy. She turned to Donghae, who only gave the new figure a hard expression.

"Black Pearl," Donghae whispered. "It's been a long time."