Meeting The Parents

Dazzling Wish

 

"Y-Yah." I grabbed Kevin's coat before reaching the front door, the snow still falling gently from the night purple sky. 

"What?" He asked, crossing his arms. 

"You can't stay at my place! My mom... She'd flip! And oh goodness, don't forget my dad!" I explained, tugging his coat at each word. 

He took my hand and pulled it away, saving his coat from ripping. He crossed his arms and started to think of what he could say. 

"I mea--" 

"Say I'm your boyfriend. " He scoffed, unamused of the idea. 

I blinked.  "Pa-Pardon?" 

"Well, how are we going to explain ourselves? I mean, you're going to be kissing me a lot. " He shrugged, shocked of what he just said. 

"Mw-Mwoh?!" I yelled enough for Kevin to cover his ears. 

He groaned and exposed his tattoo again. 

"Remember?" Kevin asked, pointing at the area I once kissed. 

I nodded shyly and looked away. I still can't believe I did that. I covered my face with both hands and just kept staring at the ground. Kevin's right... What if someone sees? How can I explain him to everyone? "W-Well. You think of something. " I growled. 

He smirked and opened the front door. "After you. " He smiled. 

I'm starting to not like his smile. He's getting creepy, this jerk.  I nodded quickly and walked in my home with Kevin following right behind me. 

 

***

 

"I'd like to live with your daughter. " 

My jaw dropped. What kind of excuse was that? I stared at both of my parents, both of their expressions were illegible. And that's not a good sign. I rested my head against the cold kitchen counter, wishing and praying this was a dream. 

"What did you say?" My father got up, furious. 

Kevin flinched and stared at me, I could see it in his eyes. It spoke: "Help?" 

"Ha..ha. " I tried to fake a laugh. "He's just joking, right Kevin?" I punched him playfully but hard enough for him to feel the pain. 

He winced and smiled, definitely unamused. He rubbed his arm to get rid of the pain. 

"What exactly is your relationship with our daughter?" My mother sustained her cool, but I knew she was more afraid of Kevin's well being  than Kevin living with me, especially with my father mumbling angrily. 

"Well, she's my gir--"

"Just a friend! " I interrupted, putting my arm around his shoulders. Although, I've forgotten that he was much taller, I ended up slanting awkwardly against him. 

"And you want live him to live with us?" My father growled. 

"Well, I .." I hesitated, what am I supposed to say?

"We'll be honest with you. " Kevin sighed with sincerity. 

Oh god. What is he going to say? The star thing? Oh great. 

"Ke-Kevin. That isn't a good id--"

Kevin interrupted me by giving me a sudden glare, it sent chills down my spine. Gulp. 

"May I talk to you both in private?" Kevin asked nicely. 

"What?" I yelled. " Are you asking for your death?" I covered my mouth with both hands and stared at my father who was red, boiling with anger. I swear, I think he's going to strangle him. 

"Go upstairs, dear. " My mom ordered. 

"But Mo--" 

"_____. Please. " Kevin smiled angelically, gesturing me to go. 

Leaving Kevin behind, I sighed heavily and walked up the stairs. Behind me, I could here constant gimmicks and chatting. I winced once I heard someone slam against the table. Probably, my father not wanting his little girl live with some stranger he just met. And that I just met also, if you think about it. 

 

*** 

 

I was pacing back and forth around my room, my fists balled. What was Kevin saying downstairs? I stared at my bedroom door and wondered if I should go back downstairs. 

"No. You musn't, _____." I told myself, holding my chest. Is this how it feels to bring a boy home? I smiled to myself and let myself fall on my bed. Hm. I stared at the white ceiling and let my hand fall on the place I found Kevin sleeping beside me. I sighed slowly, and imagined him there. I shook my head and gasped once the door opened. 

"Mom." I sat up straight. 

She closed the door behind her and sat beside me, her hand my long hair. 

I placed both of my hands on my knees, staring at my thighs. 

"So.. We had quite a chat with Kevin. " My mother explained. "I left them both alone.."

I stated back at her and gasped: "Dad is going to kill him!" 

She chuckled and patted my back, like every mother does to soothe their scared child.  "Don't worry, dear. You really like this fellow, don't you?" 

"W-Well." I stuttered, blushed. 

"You're still too young to live together, darling. You're still our baby girl. And always be. " She smiled. There was something about her smile that saddened me. 

"I know.." I breathed out, leaning my head against her shoulder. 

"He explained everything, dear. "

"Did he?" 

"Yes, he has. And don't worry, we will give him the guest room. " She smiled. 

I hugged my mother and stayed there. I love my parents, I thought to myself. 

"Under one condition. This will not affect your studies. "

I nodded quickly and ran to the guest room, opening the door abruptly. There, was Kevin putting the pillows into pillow cases. He stared back at me and gestured me to close the door. 

"How did it go?" I asked, both hands behind my back. 

"Surprisingly well but scary. " He scoffed. 

"So you told them about the star? " I asked. 

"No. "

"Oh. No wonder. They would have been hysterical. " I walked over and helped Kevin with the other pillow. "What did you tell them?"

"Well, I said that I came from Korea and that you signed up for Korean lessons. "

My hands stopped from fixing the pillows and my eyes flickered to Kevin's serious expression. 

"What?" I mumbled. 

"I'm your tutor. " Kevin explained. "If I said that I was your boyfriend, the between us would be a problem and for sure, we wouldn't be left together. Also, your dad would have killed me and your mother would never approve of such an act. "

"Oh. " I slipped the pillow in the pillowcase and threw it on the guest bed. I walked off to close his light to head back to my room. Before I could close the door..

"_____."

I poked my head back in the room. "Hm?"

"Can you kiss my neck again? I'm afraid you'll end up coming to this room and I won't be here. " 

I blushed at his question. 

"Hey. Don't get me wrong. I just don't want to disappear. I would never want a kiss from you but if it means I'd end up disappearing, I might as well, you weirdo. " He scoffed. 

I glared at him and mumbled angrily to myself.  "I hope you poof." I glared.

He smiled in response and then glared back. 

I closed the door behind me and smiled.