You, Only You.

Dazzling Wish

 

3 more days, I thought to myself. I twirled my fork around the spaghetti and glanced a look towards Kevin who was across the dinner table. I looked back down quickly as we made eye contact. I have to tell him. Not because of hopes that he'd stay but just to let him know of the truth. Beating me to the first say, he killed the silence: "So, how's your Korean skills coming along?" I chuckled and stuffed a mouthful of noodles before answering. "erm." I let out before swallowing my food. 

"I... sort of gave up the course." I let out quietly. I stared back at him and was surprised by a slightly frustrated face. "What?!" I growled, putting down my fork. 

"Why? Korean could be useful, you know. “He mumbled, chugging down a glass of OJ. I rolled my eyes and flicked that one noodle around my bowl. 
"I know. But I don't have the time. Plus, at work, it's not like I'll use Korean unless there is some old Korean couple that can't communicate or something. "
"Unless..." 
"Unless what?" I pointed my fork at him and squinted my eyes jokingly. 
"You come to Korea one day, to you know, visit or something." We shared eye contact for a while until I gripped onto the glass of OJ and drank.
"You'll be my translator." I joked around, eye-smiling. "Besides, you will probably be too busy to remember someone like me, haha." 

Angered, he slammed the table causing his fork to jump up from his plate: "Why do you always say that? We're friends, aren't we?" I nodded and apologized for my foolish remark. I didn't realize how stupid and upsetting that would sound. 

"Are you done with that?" I pointed at his plate and he nodded. I piled up my plate with his and placed it gently into the stainless sink. 

[Kevin's POV]
I wish I could spend every dinner with you, pretty much, be with you til the end. I sighed quiet enough for ________ not to hear. 

"You will visit, right?" I asked foolishly. She stopped washing the dishes and seem to try to recollect what to say. 
"If school and life permits me to." I heard her reply hesitantly. I nodded.

[You POV]
I didn't know what to say. That was all I could say. Sigh. I washed the dishes diligently as Kevin walked to the sofa lazily, turning on the TV. I chuckled and kept scrubbing. 

"Kevin." 

"Hmmm?" he hummed, not taking a single glance away from the TV. Should I tell him about Eli and I? Yeah. Just tell him. ________. Tell him. 

"You know. Eli and I ..." I stopped halfway through and heard the TV turn off with a couple of footsteps coming towards me. I looked up from the white plate and stared at Kevin who was now right in my view. He studied my expression attentively and waited for me to continue. 

"Did something happen to you two?" He asked, worried. 

I set down the plate and stared back at him: "We broke up." 

Silence is the only word that could describe this situation right now. I felt like the whole world fell silent, not even a single bird chirped. Nothing. Slowly and carefully, I looked up at his face. Expressionless. Or atleast, I didn’t understand what his expression meant. 

"Ke..Kevin?" 
"W-why!?" He asked, almost angry. He looked outside the window and back into my eyes. "You two were perfect for each other. Eli loves you, _____! He truly does."
Without thinking, I asked in panic: "What about you?" 
Kevin froze and his cheeks flushed red. He didn't know what to say to a moment like this. He had to go home. Back to Korea. But he wanted to stay with you so badly. 
"I....." He hesitated. 

I waited for a response, any response. But long minutes passed by between us. Maybe he just wants to leave. He just wants to go back to his normal original life. 

"I see." I murmured. Kevin's eyes widened as he realized that he hasn't given any answer. 

"_____."

"Nevermind. Haha. Forget I said anything. I just wanted to let you know that Eli and I broke up. So don't go on to Eli asking how I am. Haha." I faked a laugh to ease up the tension created between the two of us. "I'm going to go shower."

*** 

[ Kevin's POV ]

Today's the day. I stared at the packed luggage. I didn't have much to start with or end with. Haha. I reminisced about the time I checked who was on the floor of the bedroom where I first met _______. Also, the time I had to talk to ______'s parents. I chuckled to myself and felt the sadness well up in my heart. 

I went to ______'s room. And knocked. "______?"
She opened the door and her pained expression never ceased since this morning. "Will you see me off this afternoon?"

She shuddered at the departing words. She nodded slowly and grabbed her jacket. "I... I need to go out. But I’ll meet you there at the airport." Like that, she rushed beside me and passed me like the wind. Not even a single glance at my face. I just wanted to look at you once more. Ugh. "______, are you really going to see me off or are you just going to leave me hanging?" I shook my head and folded the rest of my clothes neatly. 
 

***

 

4:00pm

 

[Kevin’s POV]

 

“I’m going to miss you, man. Although.. I could easily travel the world in the matter of seconds.” Ren laughed. I smiled and looked over the crowds of people, hoping to see ____. Where is she? I have to go in soon and go through security check. Ren smirked and asked; “Worried? I’m sure she’ll be here soon enough.”

 

“I hope so.” I muttered quietly. I sat down with my luggage leaning against my leg and waited, stared at my watch, back to the crowd, all over again. Ren chuckled and sat beside me. “Did she tell you everything that happened? Like before your memory got erased?” I looked back at Ren and shook my head; “What exactly happened? She told me that her and Eli are no longer in a relationship. Was.. was that my fault?” I felt the guilt well up in my heart as the thoughts and memories of Eli’s happiness just washed away since I knew how much Eli cared for her. He deserves her, I’ve treated horribly, I fell for Hyuna the worst person to fall for.

 

Where is she? Ren scoffed and popped his hoodie over his head. “I guess I better practice my teleporting skills.” Like that, he vanished out of thin air. I smiled and thanked Ren in my mind.

 

[Your POV]

 

During the time I was out, I just needed some fresh air and sat underneath the tree at the park I used to hang out with Hyuna. Hmph. Little did I know, was that I was going to fall asleep. Before I knew it, it was almost time for Kevin to leave for Korea.

 

This..this traffic. I looked out the Taxi’s window and watched the rain fall heavily. Dammit. The airport isn’t that far from here.

“Uhm. Excuse me, sir. How far is the airport?” I asked. I stared at the airport not far away but I knew this taxi was definitely not going to move.

 

“Not far for a walking .. well—running distance.” I swapped money of out my wallet and passed it to the old man. “Thanks, I better go!” I ran out of the car and into the pouring rain. Dammit. 30 minutes only. I slowly walked towards the bright airport not far ahead, knowing that time was definitely not on my side, I started to quicken my pace, until I was practically running. Will I actually make it in time before he leaves?

 

[Kevin’s POV]

 

“I.. better get going.” I stared at the clock. Aron and Baekho looked at eachother, shocked, and proceeded to complain:

 

“W-Wait. You got to wait for her. She’ll be here soon! I’m sure of it.”

 

I nodded and stared at my watch. I have to start getting into security check and find the boarding gate. I can’t stay here forever. ______, where are you? I got out my phone and dialed her number.

 

[Your POV]

 

“H-Hello?” I answered the phone, panting. I smiled at the airport entrance and walked in, soaked and wet.

 

“______. Where are you? Are you okay?” I heard Kevin worry.

 

“I’m fine. Just a little delay. Where are you?” I asked, I gripped onto the gift box and avoided everybody’s gaze. My hair was so soaked that rain drops fell occasionally onto the marble floor. I felt my cheeks warm up, I have a feeling I won’t be able to get up tomorrow morning.

“The gate before going in into the security check. Just keep walking North from the entrance then turn right. You should see me. I’m not that hard to miss.” I heard him chuckle. I let out a small laugh and hanged up.

 

 

 

“Wo-Woah!” Kevin let out, shocked by the soaking mess in front of him. I let out a small cough and waved with one hand. “You’re going to get sick! What did you do? Walk here? YAH!” I cringed as he raised his voice at me and I expressed a smug face followed with a pout.

 

“Sorry for trying to make it on time.” I growled, turning my head away childishly towards a store. Sheesh. This guy is never happy. “Here.” I snapped, not looking at him but extending my arm towards him.

 

Slowly, I glanced towards him and watched him stare back at me… I couldn’t describe the way he was staring at me. It felt weird. “T-Take it!” I extended my arm again and pushed it on his chest.

 

“For me? _____, you.. you didn’t have to get me a gift, you know. Let alone.. A farewell gift.” I cringed at his words and scoffed to hide the pain.

 

“Then give it back if you don’t want it!” I tried reaching for the neatly wrapped box but he pulled away and shook his head as he smiled such an ironic smile.

 

“Nah. Thanks, ______. It means a lot.” He smiled. His hands reached for the ribbon but I grabbed his hand before he could untie it.

 

“Uh. Open it on the plane. Please.” I smiled sadly and he pouted. With a small smile, he nodded and put it inside of his backpack. Do I hug you? I asked him mentally, but I know he couldn’t hear me. Can.. I hug you? I wanted to ask him but I couldn’t let the words slip out of my mouth. Sigh. ____, what’s wrong with you. You got to be confident, he’s leaving now, you got to be confi---

 

[ Author’s POV ]

 

 Suddenly, with a rough and unexpected pull, Kevin wrapped his arms around the weak and soaked _______ who was shocked by the sudden embrace. Warmth surrounded ______’s body as Kevin’s body warmth  got in contact with her cold self. She got what she wanted the last hug. Kevin couldn’t believe what he was doing but it felt right. “I’m going to miss you, ______. So much. We’ve got to keep in touch, alright?” Kevin whispered. _______ couldn’t speak because she knew if she tried she’d end up bursting in tears. She didn’t want him to have that last image of her in his mind. So, she simply nodded and hugged him back tightly. A sad smile formed on Kevin’s lips as he heard a few awes come from the random audience watching the sad scene of departure. Kevin ______’s caramel hair once more and pulled away, knowing it was time to go.

 

“Be good.” Kevin smiled. ______ stared and stuck out her tongue playfully.

 

“I always am.” She joked. “Take care of yourself, Kevin-oppa.”

 

“O-oppa?” His eyes widened. ______ was taken aback from what she said and covered .

 

“Ke-kevin-sshi.” She corrected herself embarrassingly.  Kevin shook his head and laughed; “No, I like the sound of that, _____. Remember, we’re friends.” The word ‘Friends’ echoed in both of their minds as the pain welled up in their heart. _____ nodded and told him urgently;

 

“You better get going. I don’t want you to miss your plane. Send my regards to Eli and UKISS, will you?” She smiled.

 

Kevin nodded and started walking away. Each step he took sent a shock of pain towards his heart. He wanted to turn back and look at her perfect little face but he knew he couldn’t. He didn’t want to. He wanted the pain to stop. He wanted to pretend that everything was alright. He’d be fine without her. But we all know, that was a definite lie.

 

Once Kevin was no longer to be seen, ______’s heart dropped. “He never even dare to look back at me once.” She let out weakly. “It’s okay. _____, It’s okay. It’s done.”

 

“______.” She turned towards the fellow Starlites that were on the sidelines. She let out a smile and nodded, reassuring them that she’d be fine. But of course, they weren’t that stupid. They knew how much this was eating her alive.

 

“It’s okay, ____.” She walked towards the exit of the airport. “You’re going to be just fine.” She halted as she got to the outside, where the rain was pouring dramatically. Her fellow Starlite friends couldn’t figure out if the drops on her cheeks were her tears or the rain pouring down. They didn’t know what to do, they felt it was best to keep their distance.

 

[Your POV]

 

It’s better like this. Rain. You can’t distinguish between rain and tears. Both upsetting, both painful. I miss you already. You didn’t bother to look back once, but I guess that’s a good thing. If you were to look back, I’d immediately assume you’d come back to me. But that’s pretty selfish, isn’t it? I’m foolish for not doing anything to take you. But after what has happened with Erian, I can’t risk the thought of losing you forever. I’m in a web. I’m stuck. I don’t know where to go. I don’t know what I want. I want you to leave yet I want you to stay. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

 

[ Kevin’s POV ]

 

As soon as the security check was done, I sat on the leather seats as I waited to board. My hands fiddled with the box and I decided to open it. My fingers pulled one end of the red ribbon and watched it fall on my lap. Slowly and cautiously, I took off the lid and gasped at the sight of the present. Well, it was more like, my present to her.

 

I took the star chain that I gave her and stared at it. Why did she.. Why did she give it back? I gulped and stared at the dark red envelope on the bottom of the box. I opened it and read the letter;

 

 

 

 

“Kevin,

   You’re probably slightly angry at me for giving back the Star necklace that you have given me. I, honestly, felt that it was wrong to keep it around my neck, I. I believe it’s best you kept it and give it to another girl who is truly right for you.”

 

I stopped and let out a angry sigh. This girl. Are you kidding me? With a deep breath, I continued the letter.

 

“The reason why you lost your memory wasn’t because a sudden hit from Erian during the banquet of the wedding. In fact, it was long after that. I’m sorry for not telling you any of this. I was afraid you’d get angry. I, thought it was the best decision to keep you in the dark about it. But I knew you have the right to find out. I was stuck in  a trance and Erian was trying to get me to become one of his “ingredients’ for his plan. You, courageously and stupidly, I repeat, stupidly, went to save me. I don’t know why you’d risk your life for someone like me. I swear, I was this close of smashing your head. “

 

I stopped again and coughed awkwardly. She could kind of scary.. couldn’t she? Ahem. I continued:

 

“We.. when you asked if something happened. Something did. The reason why your tattoo disappeared wasn’t because you got regenerated. In fact.. well, you know what destroys the curse.”

 

I kissed her?

 

“Erian inversed it and transferred a poison in you. That was the critical part of things that happened. That was why you had to be regenerated. I’m sorry for telling you all this now. I know, stupid of me. As for Eli, we broke up not because of you. It was mainly because we didn’t know how we stand. I didn’t know who I was. Now I do. Don’t blame yourself. It was our choice. Kevin, as much as I could have, I would have begged you to stay. But wouldn’t that be selfish? Foolish of me? You had to get your life back. They miss you. Your family, UKISS and not to forget your fans. Don’t worry, I don’t think of myself as a burden anymore. I feel like we both learnt something out of this mishap. Anyways, overall. I just wanted to let you know that.. I’ll miss you. And I do hope we could keep in touch, but face it. You’d be busy. I’d be busy. Thousands of kilometers keeping us apart. It will eventually be forgotten. One thing though, I just wanted to confess. And it’s pretty obvious.

                                            

                                                                                      I love you. I wish you all the best.

                                                                                               Your friend , ________. “

 

I felt the blood rush to my head and to my cheeks as I crumpled the letter. This idiot. This idiot.

“Please stay seated as we will be departing soon.” The automatic voice has said. I.. My hands rested on the seat buckle as I stared outside.

 

[Your POV]

 

I watched the airplane fly up into the darkened sky. Hm. I wonder if he read it. Good luck , Kevin. I smiled and the rain wasn’t as heavy as earlier but that didn’t prevent me from freezing from the cold winds. So dramatic, _____. Walking in the rain. Soak and wet. I scoffed and kept walking.

 

“______!”

 

I halted and felt my heart beat faster. K-Kevin? I turned around and stared at Kevin who was now soak and wet himself. “Kevin?” I mouthed. He grabbed my wrist roughly and brought me under an umbrella.

 

“You’re an idiot, you know that?’ Kevin growled, gripping onto my wrist tightly, I felt my hand go numb. “How. THIS?” Kevin let go of my wrist and held up the crumpled letter. I stayed speechless and stared at the wet paper and watched the ink smudge as it came in contact with water. “Another a girl who truly likes me , huh? Pft. Every fan out there likes me.”

 

“Well, maybe you’ll be lucky and be blessed with a great girl. Someone who isn’t associated with all these wishes and star whatever.”

 

Kevin rolled his eyes and threw the letter to the ground. His angered eyes smoothened with saddened eyes, his gaze was towards me. “The star pendant was for you. To keep.”

 

“Give it to someone else.”

 

“I love you.”

 

I stared at Kevin and felt as if my heart was going to come out of my chest. “What you wrote.. about what happened with Erian and the trance… the kiss.” His eyes stared deeply into my own. “You didn’t belong to Eli, but to me. All this time, both of us were clouded over the idea that we were hurting each other, that we were better off without each other. But face it, we can’t live without each other. This wish wasn’t a mishap or a mistake. It was fate. It’s what brought me to you. From the arguments to the ridiculous quarrels, the fun, the laughter, I will never regret a thing because I was with you. _______, when Hyuna… Hyuna and I were together. It was nothing but.. empty. With you, it was filled with something I’ve never felt before. I felt light on my feet and jealous whenever a man got close to you, cause I wanted to be that guy. That guy you would want to be with, the guy you would wake up next  to every morning, the guy that made you smile every day. I love you.”

 

I smiled and was absolutely in awe and astonishment. I couldn’t turn him down. Not now. Not ever.

 

“So, let me ask you properly. And take me seriously.” Kevin walked closer, placing his hands on each side of my arms.

 

“Will you be willing to go out with me? To give me another chance to show you of what I’m capable of? To prove to you that I love you? Because, _______. I truly do.”

 

All you could do was smile. With a soft whisper, and hugging his chest, you murmured:

 

“Of course, Kevin. I love you. You’ve always been the one for me.” 

 

------

 

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! It's been a while. Haha, as you can see, the fanfic is soon coming to a close. I believe I'll only wrote a few more chapters. This isn't the final end. I might write a bit more on their new relationship status and their new lives together. Haha, now one question. Should  I make a sequel? Continue Fated Mistake? Or make a new fanfiction? Leave some comments down below! And.. a vote would be pretty cool too c: , it would be greatly appreciate and motivate me to keep on going. Love you guys, so much! xoxo Khay