Broken & Asterisk

Dazzling Wish

 

[ Your POV ]
 
"Yeah, I got her. I'll meet you there." Kevin pulled his phone away from his ear and slid it back into his pocket. 
 
"Where are we going now?" I asked, following him to his car, holding my pastel green dress skirt from dragging on the floor. As I recovered from fear and from being cold from the fridge, Kevin called Eli, apparently injured. He wouldn't tell me why though... 
 
"Kevin." My voice cracked, calling out to him. I felt my pace slow down, the souls of my feet started to become sore. Ugh.. I stopped my walking and stared at my heels. I let out a painful groan and took my heels off hastily. 
 
"That kaka. " I grumbled as my eyes followed Kevin's figure who just kept walking. Sheesh. Some gentleman, you are. My eyes lowered to the floor as the pain increased. "I hate heels.." I mumbled. 
 
"______!" Kevin came running back. Finally. He noticed. "You alright?"
 
"It's just the heels. My feet are killing me.. " I rubbed my foot while balancing on one leg. "Where are we going anyways?" Kevin looked back at me with a short smile and answered briefly: "Eli." He was obviously not pleased with the sound of Eli's name coming out of his own voice. My hand slid to his slender arm as I kept my gaze on him, not taking a single millisecond away from him. 
 
"What happened today? What is it that you're hiding from me, Kevin?" I nodded, assuring him that I was ready to take whatever news was to be told. He shook his head with a smile and went back to his trail to his car. 
 
Humph. 
 
Without a word being said, I followed right behind him, holding my heels by its strap. 
 
***
 
"_____..." Eli murmured through his weak dark lips. His eyes, underlined with dark line, he was tired. What caught my eye was his chest, around his rib cage was many bandages that enveloped his toned chest. I dropped my heels and approached him slowly. 
 
"Eli.." I whispered back. I walked to the chair by his bed side and felt his hand travel to my arm. 
 
"Don't worry, this is nothing. " He ran his thumb over the back of my hand smoothly. 
 
"And what about the bruises on your face? Huh?" 
 
"I'll leave you two alone. " I heard Kevin say quietly. 
 
"Ke-"
 
"Close the door while you're at it. " Eli whispered back quietly. 
 
"Bu-But. " I halted as he grabbed my arm, keeping my mouth shut from whining. My eyes flickered back to Eli who sat himself up, his back against the headboard. 
 
"_______." He held my hand tightly and stared at me quietly. 
 
"Hmm?" I hummed, a bit uncomfortable. I'd feel a bit better if Kevin was he-- ______. He's your boyfriend. You can't say that. I closed my eyes shut and squeezed his hand. "What is it, oppa?"
 
He patted the empty space beside him on the bed. "Oppa..." I whined, shaking off his hand. 
 
"Come here. " He whispered in a more serious tone. I climbed on the bed beside him and rested my head on his shoulder as he pulled me in closer. "I want to ask you a question.."
 
"Me first!" I interrupted, holding my hand up high, pouting. I was trying to make him smile,successfully, he let out a small laugh. 
 
"What is it, babe?" Eli smiled, holding me near. 
 
"What happened? Can you explain? Like.. when I out." I eyed his expression and watched him shake his head. 
 
"Some things are better left alone." He pulled me in for a kiss but I turned my head. 
 
"No. " I growled playfully. "Not until you tell me what happened."
 
"Oh come on." He turned his body towards me and grabbed my face with his two hands, my back against the headboard. 
 
"Yah!" I pushed him away abruptly, earning an annoyed expression from him. "What? Did I almost die or something?" 
 
He shook his head and rolled his eyes. He crawled closer but I pushed him away lightly; "Oh, come on. You're going to ignore me and not give me anymore kisses, okay." He growled angrily. 
 
I laughed playfully at his frustrations and anger. I patted his chest lightly and relaxed against the head board. "Yah." I patted his chest. He didn't bother answering. "Yahh~" I patted his chest once more. "Eli..?" I titled my head and watched him stiffen as I approached him closer onto the bed. 
 
"He was right." He muttered, getting me into a halt from approaching him any closer. 
 
"Who was right?" I tilted my head in question. 
 
"Someone. " 
 
"And what did this Someone say?" I crossed my arms and stared at him, unamused. 
 
"You like Kevin. " 
 
"What?" I growled angrily. 
 
"You like him. " He flickered his vision towards my direction and his eyebrows knitted together. His pained expression angered me. There.. I..
 
"This is ridiculous." I got off the bed and slowly walked my way to the door. I halted and turned to face this idiot. "Last time, I heard I picked YOU to be MY boyfriend. Last time I heard, YOU were the one that I go out with. Last ti--"
 
"Yeah, yeah. But feelings change." He fired back, his voice a bit louder and rougher compared to the smooth voice he always talks to me with. 
 
"Feelings change?" I let out a scoff and placed my hands on my hips. "Feelings change. You got to be kidding me. Why, have yours?" I didn't notice I was yelling until I heard my voice echo in the room. 
 
"Yeah. It has. " 
 
We both froze and stood there, speechless. I shook my head, diverting my attention. My eyes started to sting but I tried holding it in.
 
"I see." That's all I could let out, if I said anything else longer, I knew, the waterworks would go on. "Since when?" My voice cracked. 
 
"Since I've noticed the way you look at Kevin. "
 
"Eli!" I yelled. "Why is it always Kevin? Look. " I approached him by one step and glared at him. "I see there's no trust at all."
 
"No trust? More like no feelings. You don't like me. That way. Not as you like Kevin." 
 
"Eli.. please. " I blurted out, almost pleading. 
 
"_______. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.. It's just. These things happen and I want you to be as happiest as possible, and if it means giving you to someone else. I am willing to. Oh goodness, ______, I am willing to. " His hands fiddled with the blanket. I honestly didn't know what to say. 
 
I shook my head slowly and couldn't help but stare at the dark window. Why is this happening..
 
"Eli.. I.. Feelings grow. This could work out I mean.. The feelings for Kevin will fade. It will. For you, it will. "
 
"_______. Stop." He got up slowly and limped lightly towards me. "You like him. And he likes you. I won't break up a couple that's most likely for each other."
 
I felt my throat go dry as my eyes sting with a bright red. 
 
"Do-Does this mean.. We're breaking up then?" I looked back at him saddened. 
 
He nodded quickly and turned away, hiding his expression. I knew what he was feeling. I've felt it before. Seeing Hyuna with Kevin killed. But now.. as I was already in his grasp, he still has to let go. I pecked his cheek and looked at the ground. 
 
"_______. I'm okay. It'll be hard. But I'll be fine. Trust me." He smiled warmly, my hair with his good hand. I moved my head and stared at the ground. 
 
"I.. I'll leave then. " I whispered quietly. I grabbed my clutch and closed the door behind me, I sighed out loud and wiped the tears quickly from falling down my cheeks. 
 
"______?" Kevin looked up from the sofa across from Eli's bedroom. 
 
"Hey.." I smiled, trying to cover up what just happened. I took a hold of my dress and approached Kevin who was occupied by the riddles and actions of the cartoons on TV. 
 
He looked back over to me and asked curiously;
 
"So, what's up?" His eyes flickered to Eli's bedroom door. I guess he didn't hear anything. I shrugged and let myself fall beside him on the couch. Not too close and not too far from him. I didn't want to stir any suspicion or any unnecessary awkwardness. 
 
"Aren't you sick of being in that dress?" Kevin asked, eyeing the long green trail of silk. 
 
"You have no idea." I sighed, lifting up the skirt and letting it fall sloppily back on the ground. His laugh chimed as he walked over to his bag that was hanged on the hooks on the side of the door. 
 
"Here. I brought some of your shorts and my V-Neck, you could change into them. "
 
I held the warm clothes between my hands. I smiled at the thought of his care. "Thanks.. " I stared at the lop sided heels and earned a vigorous chuckle from Kevin, almost sneaky. 
 
"Don't worry. I brought your flip-flops." 
 
"Haha. Thanks, Kevin. " 
 
"Uhm." Kevin tilted his head and stared at me questionably. I hummed and stared back at him blankly. 
 
"You're really quiet.. Did something happen between you and Eli?" 
 
"No, not really. I'm just tired.." I faked a yawn and stretched my arms upwards. 
 
"Go get dressed, we'll go home. " 
 
"No, it's fine. You should stay here with Eli. " I grabbed his arm as he reached for his keys. I'm scared he'll get the wrong idea if I leave easily with Kevin. What a headache. I did all of this? "I'll walk home. I mean, it's not that far from here. "
 
"_____..It's like 11p---"
 
"I'm not a little girl. Don't worry. I'll be fine. I have my cellphone." 
 
He nodded but he stared back at me as if wondering if he made a mistake letting a girl like me walk around at 11pm all by herself. I quickly ran to the bathroom and changed into even more comfortable clothes. Thank goodness. I stared at my reflection and all I could think about is... how could I have hurt Eli that badly? Am I that selfish? I the faucet to muffle out the soft sobbing and watched my mascara leak slowly down my cheek. 
 
***
 
[ Kevin's POV ]
 
"Take care of yourself. Call me once you get home. You hear me?" I growled softly. 
 
She nodded and stared at her feet. "What's wrong?" I asked her, joining her by looking at her feet. 
 
"So. Freaking. Comfy. "
 
I chuckled and asked her if she had her cellphone. She growled back: "Yes. Dad. " I rolled my eyes and waved as she walked out of the door. I should have just brought her home. Dammit. 
 
"Knock knock~" I knock onto Eli's door. 
 
"Come in." 
 
I walked in the room and stared at the injured Eli. He looked like he got weaker. 
 
"How are you feeling? You seem more pale!" I rushed to the warm towel and placed it over his head. 
 
"Isn't this romantic? A guy taking care of a guy when he's sick." I joked, puffing my cheeks. 
 
He chuckled lightly and took the towel away from his forehead. "I'm fine. Just shocked. I guess. " 
 
"Shocked?" I asked, twisting the water out of the towel. "What do you mean by shocked, Eli?" 
 
"She didn't tell you anything?" Eli asked, not a hint of surprise in his voice. I let the towel set in the water bowl and shifted my sight bak to him. 
 
"You mean _____?"
 
"What other girl do we know that we have in common?" He laughed. 
 
"KissMes." I responded back with a small smile, he laughed and shook his head. Then I asked: "What was she suppose to tell me?" 
 
***
 
[ Your POV ]
 
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I stared at the two chains with the same star pendant. Guh! My hand made its way to their chains as I threw them across the room. As I hugged my knees on my bed, a startling jolt was heard downstairs. My head shot up. 
 
"Kevin?" .. My parents were staying at another friend's place to catch up. So I was the only one here.. I got up slowly and walked outside my bedroom. 
 
"Kevin?" I whispered. Suddenly, the sound of crashing jars filled the rooms downstairs. Afraid and as the fear got to my heart, I ran to my closet with my phone.
 
"H-Hello?" I answered through the phone. 
 
"______?" 
 
***
 
[Eli's POV]
 
"_______?" My eyes widened as I held the phone to my ear. 
 
"E-Eli. Is Kevin there?" My heart sank. "Please, say no."
 
I stared at Kevin who was in front of me, who was still having trouble having my news of the break-up still process. 
 
"Yeah, why?" 
 
"There's.. There's.." 
 
I dropped my phone as a shrieking scream went off. Kevin's head shot back to the phone as he grabbed it. 
 
"______? ______! Are you there? YAH!" Kevin panicked. His hand went lifeless, the phone flopped on the bed. "What did she say?" He got up, putting on his leather jacket. 
 
"She kept repeating "There's." " 
 
"There's... There's someone here. “Kevin stared back at me. "Could it be.."
 
"Erian?" I growled. 
 
*** 
[ Kevin's POV ]
 
"The door's open." I growled. "You didn't have to come, you know." I looked back at Eli, who was having trouble just holding himself up. 
 
"I just want to see if she's okay. " He mumbled, oblivious to his wounds. 
 
"Why did you break up with her if you love her so much? She has a point, make her fall deeper in love with you. She'll eventually forget about me. Trust me, Eli."
 
"Yeah but I don't know.. You two deserve each other. “He looked back at me with sincerity as he put up a small smile. 
 
"...I don't even know anymore. "
 
"What do you mean?" 
 
"I'm going to disappear. Remember? "
 
"Unless, you kiss her." I rolled my eyes at his statement and walked in the house slowly. My eyes widened; glass shattered, jars shattered, couch turned over.. What happened here?
 
"______!" I yelled, hoping and praying to hear her voice. 
 
"Ke-Kevin.." Her faint voice was coming from the kitchen. 
 
I ran to the kitchen along with Eli who was limping behind me to find _______ on the ground. 
 
"______! What happened?" I grabbed her and helped her up. Her eyes filled with terror. 
 
"I-I don't know. I came down with with.." She stuttered. " With my bat. There was this man.. with dark clo-clothes and.. I'm scared. “She stared back at me and Eli as she trembled. 
 
"Did he say anything?" She turned pale and shook her head vigorously. 
 
"Don't worry. It'll be fine." My eyes flickered to the angry Eli. I knew who he was thinking about. "We're here. It's okay. "
 
Once I brought her back to bed, I met up with Eli downstairs. 
 
"Call Ren. “I ordered Eli. 
 
***
“I wouldn’t be surprised if that was Erian.” Ren mumbled slowly as he stared at Taemin who has tagged along. Changjo had another mission to assist to. Sheesh, that guy must be busy.
“He’s still after her..” I growled, clutching my fists. “Shouldn’t we let her know so then she’ll be more cautious?”
“No.” Eli interrupted. “She’ll just panic and end up wanting to put things up into her hands, if she believes that Erian was the one that hurt Ren and I. She always hated being a..”
“Burden?” I interrupted. She always tells me that. Damnit. “Then what can we do? We can’t just let Erian come to us and.. He’s going to hurt her. I know it. I don’t want to stand around and watch him take her. I mean.”
“Exactly what I thought.” I heard Eli mumble. I shot a glare at him. He’s starting to become bitter about me liking her now. Stage One. Arrogance.
“Alright.. so I guess telling her is out of the question.. hm.” Ren patted his cheek with his fingers, his nails painted of a black coat, with sparkles. “Just stay in touch with her at all times. Stick with her. It seems like she’ll only be approached by Erian if she’s alone.”
“How am I supposed to explain my—“
“Clinginess?” Eli mumbled.
I rolled my eyes, earning a confuzzled expression from Ren. 
“Well?”
“True, especially with Eli being her boyfriend and all…” Ren muttered I felt my heart race as the awkwardness got to my head. That’s the thing.. I don’t want her to feel cornered. She just came out of a relationship. And Eli can’t be the one always beside her, she’d get the wrong idea.
Ren displayed a shocked expression: “You guys broke up!?” Taemin’s eyes widened as his jaw dropped as if it was some magic trick. Eli nodded slowly, avoiding any eye contact. This wasn’t want he wanted. I could tell just by the way he stares at the ground. His ground felt shaky, it didn’t feel stable. My hand made its way to my chest as I felt my heart hurt for him. 
“Why?” Taemin asked innocently. 
Eli’s eyes flickered back to me, causing the tension to tighten. Ren scoffed to avoid any fights as the anger has gotten to my head. 
“Okay. Uh. Kevin, shouldn’t you check on ____?” Ren gestured. “Taemin and I will take Eli home safely, we’ll be back in an hour to check up on you two.”
I nodded slowly and walked up the stairs. I placed the palm of my hand against the door. Okay, Kevin. Just stay calm. You don’t want to worry her…
“Knock Knock.” I whispered. No answer. I opened the door slowly, there was ______ hugging her knees. “______...”
Her head shot up in fear, but smoothened with relief when she realized it was just me. I approached her slowly and sat on her bed side. “How are you feeling?” 
“Sick. Scared. Hurt. Betrayed.”
I stayed silent and tried to figure her out. One thing I could say about this girl is that she’s… not an open book. Not at all. I studied my feet as I tapped them together and asked her cautiously: “Sick?”
“Stomachache.”
“Scared?”
“Burglar.”
“Hurt.. Betrayed?’’
She stayed silent as she hugged her knees even tighter. I knew it was about Eli. Could she confide in me and tell me what’s wrong…? I scooted a bit closer without being too harsh and put my arm around her slowly.
“What’s wrong, ______? You can tell me anything.”
She pushed my arm away and stared back at me with disgust. I believe, that was disgust. Or was she hurt? I moved away and watched her stare back at me, hurt, anguish. 
“I can’t choose!” 
“W-What?”
“You. Eli. I…” She turned away as her back faced me. “Why did I have to wish upon a star? This shouldn’t have happened.”
“You’re regretting it NOW?” I laughed. Then facepalmed, I knew that wasn’t a smart idea. It most likely hurt her even more.. “I didn’t mean that in a bad way, it was a joke, I swear.” She shook it off with a shake of her head and stared at her curtains. 
“Tell me honestly. I’m a burden, aren’t I?”
“A cute burden.” Oh . Stupid. She looked back at me and rolled her eyes, she smiled as punched me lightly. Score!  “You’re so dumb.” She blabbed out loud. 
I laughed.
She hugged her knees one more time and then lifted her head as she looked at me. 
“He broke up with me.”
I tried displaying a shocked expression but I guess... she sort of realized that it was a bit too exaggerated. I scratched my head and looked away.
“He told you. Didn’t he?” 
I looked back at her and I guess it’s my eyes that gave it away. 
“Hah.’ She started laughing awkwardly and it slowly generated to light crying. 
“Shhh. Don’t.” I approached her and held her to my chest. Don’t. I... I have no idea what to do. Aish. I  her long hair and placed my two hands on her cheeks. But I know... This was the only way to make her feel better. “It’s okay, let it all out. I’m here.” I let her hold me tightly. I’ll be your crying shoulder for the last time.
[Flashback]
Slowly heading up the stairs, Ren called for me. I turned around and faced him.
“You… Why are you doing this? It’s your chance. Kiss her.”
I shook my head and smiled at him softly.
“You… Fine. I guess I can’t convince you otherwise, now can I? Just.. Cherish these last moments. You only have 5 days left.” With that, he walked away.
[End of Flashback]
I wonder if Eli got to hold her like this. Did he kiss her? Did he hold her like this? Did he wipe her tears? I bet he has done all of the above. I held her tightly and I knew I wasn’t ready. I’m not ready to leave you yet.. five days? As much as I want to.. I stared at her lips as she wiped her tears. Why does it feel wrong…? She;s not ready. She smiled back lightly and whispered:
“I’m okay now. Thanks Kevin. You could leave..”
I smiled back and got up, walking towards the door.
“A-Actually.”
I turned back at her and watched her hands fiddle with the blanket.
[Your POV]
“Can you stay in my room for the night?” I stuttered, fiddling with the duvet. I felt like I needed someone, just for now. “I..I’m still kind of scared. What if someone comes into my room?” 
He shook his head and said: “No one will come here with me around.” He smiled and got on the bed.
“U-uh!” I stopped him as I used my arms to cover my chest, as an X form. “I was planning on putting covers and a mattress on the floor.” His face turned a bright red, letting out a small cough. 
I laughed awkwardly as I tried to get off the bed.
“No, you stay. I’ll do it.” Kevin rushed back to his room as he brought all the covers and the mattress. He struggled and dropped everything on my bedroom floor. I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh.
“W-What?” He growled.
I knew it offended him. Anything that opposes his masculinity seemed to piss him off. I guess he’s been teased to much of being quite… what’s the word… girly. I giggled and covered my mouth with my hand, shaking my head non-stop until he let out another sarcastic cough. He dimmed the lights and rushed back to his floor mattress. His head, now covered by his blanket, titled to the side, facing the mirror on the opposite side of the room.
“______.”
“Hmm?” I hummed, staring at his reflection. 
“I know... I’m not as strong or as built as Eli, but don’t worry. I’ll protect you.” He smiled and covered his head again. I smiled lightly and turned away.
I still don’t know. I don’t know.
***
[Kevin’s POV]
“Ow!” I felt a kicked to the side of my leg. I got up and stared at ______ right beside me on the floor. “Y-Yah.” I poked her arm as she squirmed away from me, sleepily. Did she fall of the bed? My eyes traced the edge of her bed and stared at her blanket that was caught on her left leg, the other half of the blanket hanging from the bed. I rolled my eyes and stared at the time. 4:08am. Oh shoot. My tattoo.
I shook _______, she woke up abruptly, hitting my nose. AISH! I covered my nose and stared at the mirror.
“S-Sorry!” He placed her warm hand on my back as she kept asking repeatedly if I was okay. 
“I’m fine. I’m fine!” I tried saying softly, I got a bit irritated but... she had a lot of damage lately, just hold it back, Kevin. You and your temper. I gulped. “I woke you up cause.. well.” 
“Your tattoo, right?”
I nodded and shifted my weight to the side, letting her have access to the curse mark. Curse mark? I don’t think I should call that anymore.. Yeah, it’s kind of a burden.. but…. I stared at _____ hesitate, she never ceased to doing that. My laugh chimed in the room. I approached her slowly, I felt weaker. Much weaker. But I knew it wasn’t going to get any better for the next five days… 
Her lips pressed against my skin, I closed my eyes and felt her hand grip onto my forearm. She pulled away and looked at the ground.
“Eli… knows about that, right?”
I nodded sadly and studied her expression. Changing the subject, I interrupted her train of thought: “Go sleep! It’s 4:08am.” 
She grabbed my arm unexpectedly and looked back at me: “Do..Does he hate me?”
“No! He’s just.. -hurt.”
“-hurt?” She raised an eyebrow. 
“Ye-Yeah and—“
Ring. Ring. Ring.
“Who could be calling at this time?” ______ shrugged as she picked up her phone to her ear.
“Hello?”
Her eyes flickered back to me as her face gotten pale. I took the phone and growled: “Who is this?”
“Hah. Kevin. It’s been a pleasure fighting you. Just to let you know.. this isn’t over.” 
The line went dead.
“.” I growled.
“That voice. That was…” She looked away as her tears started to build up. Her long dark hair covered her fear-struckened face. I knew she was afraid. She never experienced this kind of thing before. When she thought, horrible things were done with Hyuna, this stupid guy comes in. Erian. I swear. What is their goal? 
“Everything will be al—“
She suddenly wrapped her arms around me, her frail body trembled. I froze. I didn’t..I didn’t know how to respond. 
“He said you were going to die. Everyone…that I cared for is going to..to..”
I grabbed her arms and pushed her a few inches away from me, showing her a serious expression. “No one is going to die! No one. This person is just talk.” I nodded and smiled courageously. “You have me, Eli and Ren by your side.” …And not to mention the whole Starlite Society who wants to bring Erian down, but then again ____ still doesn’t know what’s truly happening. She doesn’t even know that was Erian.
“Whatever you say…” She clutched onto my tank top and she seemed restless. There’s no way she’s going to fall asleep now. 
“Sleep with me.”
She pushed me away and yelled: “WHAT?”
I rolled my eyes: “I don’t mean it that way. Just…” I patted the spot beside me. “Or you know what? Try to sleep on your bed, and I’ll stay with you until you fall asleep.”
“What am I ,  a baby?” She mumbled. I laughed and pushed her, leading her back to her bed. She covered herself with blankets and layed down. I layed down beside her and face her. 
“C-Can I lean my head against you?” She asked.
I pulled her head to my chest and rested my head against hers. “Now, sleep. I want to sleep on my floor mattress soon. So, close your eyes and sleep!”
She laughed, I let out a small smile without her noticing.
“I’m serious. I get cranky.”
She laughed again and whispered: “Whatever, ha. Goodnight, Kevin.” After some talking about random things and random giggling, she finally fell asleep. A peaceful expression last to go before drifting into a hopefully a good sleep. Soft snores filled the room. I kissed her forehead and left her slowly, going back to the cold floor mattress.
1 done. 5 days to go. One promise. One last promise. I will take Erian down. Just watch me, _____. I will. 
I looked at the window to be met by two glowing eyes. I covered my chest in shock and stared back at the window. Ren, sat outside, on the tree across from ____’s window. I opened the window slowly: “Y-Yah! What are you doing?” I said quietly. 
“Here.” He threw a pendant. I catched it and stared at the pendant-sized rod on the chain. “If ever, Erian is close, it’ll glow. And, only for emergencies, the rod will appear in your hand, only used against Erian. This will weaken him.”
“I can’t use this.. I don’t.. I’m not a star.”
“Yeah, you’re not. That’s why I’ll give you this.” He threw a small sack over. I heard the tinkling sounds of glass. I opened it and stared at 5 small bottles, the same size as your thumb. “Use this ONLY for emergencies. It’ll give you Asterisk energy. Just like the time at the Banquet.”
I nodded and slid it in my jean pocket. 
“Before I leave..” Ren looked at me seriously. “Why? Why won’t you save yourself again?”
“Because _____’s not ready. She is still in the midst of confusion on who she really loves.”
“So.. if she chooses you..”
“Then so be it.” I nodded. “Don’t use some trick on her!” I growled, realizing his evil smirk.
“Fine.” He pouted. “It’s your choice.” He jumped out of the tree and ran away, leaving a small trail of stardust that disappeared in seconds. 
Yeah.  My choice. 5 more days. My eyes flickered back to _____ who was sound asleep. 
5 more days. Will you hate me if you knew the truth?