Dark as Coal (Dark Wedding Part Three)

Dazzling Wish

 

[Kevin’s POV]

“What..the..hell?” Eli asked, while we were searching every room feverishly. “You’ve got to be kidding. A star? Really?” At the corner of my eye, I saw him roll his eyes as he mumbled something under his breath. I halted and stared at him: “Right now, you just have to believe every single thing I say if you want _____ to be back safe and sound. Alright? It’s no joke, Eli, look at me.” Eli stared back at me with confused eyes and nodded slowly. “So.. that tattoo. You could disappear. And… she.. kisses..” He looked away and I knew it pained him, feeling of betrayal flowed into his mind, I could feel it.

“Eli… We didn’t choose that to happen.” I stopped and stared at him seriously, slowly balling my hand into a fist. “She wished for a shot at love and well… I guess.”

“You happened. They sent…you.” Eli muttered.

I stared at him, confused. I shook my head and didn’t know what else to say. I mean, what could you say about a wishing star? It obviously seems bogus and absolutely silly.. I mean, I still remember how I reacted towards the situation. I was practically running away, little did I know, that I was going to disappear right there. Luckily, _____ was there to catch me before I went in the cab. “Look. You’re her boyfriend now. She chose you. If you want her… safe and sound. You’re going to have to believe what I’m telling you at this very moment, KyoungJae.”

He stared at me and asked quietly: “If I wasn’t in the way, you would have… taken her for your own. Right?”

I watched him study my expression, waiting for an answer. “Honestly, Eli. Right now, I just want her to be safe with you. And if you’re asking me if I love her, then I think we both know what the answer would be.”

“Which is, Kevin?”                                                                                             

“That your and ______’s happiness is all that matters right now.”

Eli stared at me, speechless. This guy… ,I heard him think quietly in his mind. If you really love her… Why don’t you just go up against me. Take her from me. True love happens once in a lifetime. If I was him, I would keep fighting. But… I heard Eli stop his thought train abruptly as Ren and his two companions rushed towards us.

“Guys. We have a problem. Come back down to the banquet.”

“But _____--“

“Just come.”

***

[ Your POV ]

Ugh… I pressed my palm against my forehead and stared into the darkness of the room. Where am I? I got up slowly and walked slowly, arms out, reaching for something to hold on to. Why do I feel so heavy? What is this? Where am I? I kept walking slowly until a sudden slip of light lightened the room. I closed my eyes and opened them slowly. A tall figure at the door.

“E-Erian?” I asked, covering my eyes.

“_____?” He asked innocently with wide eyes. “Are you okay?” He rushed on over and grabbed my shoulders. Why..Why does he feel so cold?  I looked at him in the eyes and stared at him. His eyes glowed…his eyes sparkled. For some reason, I felt my heart sank as he passed his hand over my head. Almost… magical, I thought to myself.

He smirked and grabbed my hand. “Y-Yah.” I let out.  I pulled my hands away and placed it on my cheeks, feeling something unfamiliar towards this person I once..once.. once what? Hated? Why does it feel so different? I stared at him as he smiled.

He held my hand and stared at me deeply, and a voice came out of his mouth, not the same voice I used to hear, but something else. Evil. Sinister. “It won’t hurt for long, my puppet.”

“Pu-Puppet?” I asked puzzled, pulling my hand away. He grabbed my hand roughly and pushed me to the side. My eyes widened as his other hand landed on my mouth, muffling my screams. Ke-Kevin! I yelled in my mind. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. I tried squirming, but I knew it was no good. I was immobilized with fear. His hand traced on my neck. A-A symbol? My eyes widened as I realized the man was no longer Erian but..but a dark tall man with long hair. He let go of my hand and I fell to my feet. Before I could say anything, everything… was gone.

***

[ Kevin’s POV ]

“What do you mean they don’t remember us?” I asked, hands on my hips.

“Look. Go ask _____’s father!” Taemin murmured, pushing me towards our table. He kept pushing, I playfully pushed him back and gained a smile on his face.

“YAH!” Changjo yelled violently. Everybody shuddered and stared at him, frightened. “Just get over there and check. We don’t have much time left!” He glared at Taemin and I.

I walked quickly towards _____’s father and waited for his conversation to end with one of his I’m guessing his old friends since they seem like old pals. Her father looked at me and asked: “Yes?”

“F-Father.” I stuttered, nervously. “Have you seen _____?”

“She’s probably with her boyfriend and you are?” He eyed me.

I looked back towards the shining gang and…Eli. I stared at them and with my eyes, asked them what I should do. I turned back and just said never mind, walking back quickly. “Okay uh.. He doesn’t remember me but he remembers Eli.” I pointed at Eli and pouted. “What now?” I asked. Ren, Taemin and Changjo stared at each other and I assume they were talking.. mentally somehow. I don’t know. Changjo stepped forward and growled:

“If he doesn’t remember you, then that probably means no one here does. Seems like Erian has done the Memory Wipe technique. That technique takes a lot of energy so he’s probably resting somewhere. And… if her father doesn’t remember you, why does he remember Eli?” He placed his hand on the bottom of his chin and it, in thought. I shrugged and watched Changjo snap his fingers, and a waiter tux covered his bright gown. “Y-Yah” I urged. “People might see..”

Ren shook his head: “I mean, we could be dumb but we’re not THAT stupid. They can’t really see us. Haven’t you learn that by now, Kevin-sshi?” I glared at him and snarled. I watch Changjo walk to ____’s father as he “offered” some water. Rejected, Changjo seem to ask him a question. He came back with serious eyes and looked at Ren.

“W-What’s the matter?” Eli asked, concerned.

“What did you ask him?” I questioned Changjo who was glaring back at us with concerned us.

Ren answered for him with a cough and explained: “Changjo asked the name of her boyfriend.”

I stared at them and rolled my eyes. “You guys don’t know his name?” I pointed at Eli stupidly and glared at them. “Sheesh, people.”

Changjo growled and slammed the table, causing some people to turn some heads. I bowed to them and looked at Changjo with a what-the-hell-dude look. Taemin calmed him down as he patted his arm and smiled sweetly towards us. Taemin approached us and shook his head sadly.

“_____’s boyfriend.. isn’t Eli. Well, according to her father and most likely everyone that knows her.”

[ Eli’s POV ]

My heart sank immediately when Taemin told us. Wh-Who could it be? This is ridiculous. Tell me this is a dream. Please. A dream.

“Yah. You’re not dreaming. Snap out of it, Eli!” Kevin growled.

“Y-Y-How did you know what I was thinking?” I asked, baffled.

“I can read thoughts. LONG STORY!” Kevin sighed. “Anyways, Taemin. Who the hell is it? If it’s not Eli than…” He stopped halfway and went pale.

“K-Kevin?” I shook him and stared into his eyes, pupil dilated, his skin was pale. “Y-Yah! KEVIN.”

Slowly, his hand lifted up and pointed towards a direction. All of our eyes shifted to where he was pointing. There, was _____ hand in hand with … no. Her eyes… weren’t the chocolate brown that I used to stare at. They were black as coal.  Sweat trickled down my neck. I let out a quivering sigh. I looked at the shining trio as their expressions darken, so dark they didn’t seem like stars, as if just by seeing _____, they felt weak with worry, it all their energy. Ren’s eyes glowed fiercely as he let out a snarling growl. Taemin and Changjo held him back and watched _____ walk down the dancing floor.

[ Kevin’s POV]

My eyebrows furrowed and I felt my heart beat in such a quick rate, a heavy rate. I felt like my heart was going to explode.  I watched ______ grab onto the man’s arm as she smiled lovingly, a smile different from when she looks at Eli. Th-That bastard. I stared at the ground darkly, unable to bear the sight.

That man. The boyfriend that her father meant. Erian.

“Erian. What the hell did you do to ____?”

 

Sorry! It's kind of short. I have been busy lately with alot of family get-togethers and... I'm moving so I'm spending alot of time with family! I hope you can understand. The next chapter I'll try to post it as soon as possible but for the mean time please be patient! I'll make it a long chapter (5k words max)! I guess there will be a part 4! or even 5! Haha. Anyways, thank you for subbing! My old subbies who were there for a long time and those who are new readers! Don't be shy! Comment~ It makes me happy and smile! Comment! Please <3 Haha. Plus, I've been busy with Maplestory (I'm a dork, I know. Haha. Khainiftw anyways. uh.) See you in a bit, my marshmallows. Love, Khay! xoxoxo