This Is Only The Beginning

Dazzling Wish

 

 

Previously

Suddenly, I found myself at the Hampton hotel. And I never thought I’d have to race against time. I stared the silver watch Ren gave me. 26 minutes remaining.

I scanned the area rapidly and there he was. Kevin was walking towards the Taxi.  No. No. No!  What will happen to your dream? I can’t let my pain affect your dream. I ran as fast as I could, he felt so far. Everything went so slow.

”Kevin!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. My eyes widened when I could have sworn I saw Kevin’s own figure appeared faintly. He’s actually disappearing. Doesn’t he notice!? Can’t he hear me?

I stretched my hand out and tried to reach for Kevin.

Come on! Please. You can’t disappear. 

 

***

Come on. Come on! I reached for Kevin’s coat and pulled him to the side. I felt my anger boil up to new heights when he stared at me, dumbfounded.

“Are you crazy?” I yelled. “Can’t you tell that you’re disappearing? How could you not believe Ren? Are you ready to leave your family, your dream? HUH?” I grabbed his collar and pulled him close to my face, inches away.

“W-What are you saying? You actually believe that guy?” He snapped back, throwing my hand away. He placed his two hands on his shirt, straightening the wrinkles.

“Raise your hand to my face.” I growled. “You’ll see what I mean.”

He stared at me and raised his hand up to my face, his palm facing my face. I stared at his hand, and through his hand I could see his face faintly.

“Look.” I pointed at his palm.

Kevin stared at his hand and raised it up to the sky. His expression was indescribable; he couldn’t process what was going on. I mean, I can’t blame him. It’s abnormal, what was going on to us is absolutely … I don’t even know what to say of it.

We both fell in silence, staring at each other. The only way we could keep Kevin from disappearing… we have to work together and get along. Without noticing, Kevin started to practically disintegrate. I grabbed my wrist and stared at the watch:

“Omo!” I exclaimed, shocking Kevin. I showed him the silver watch: 1minute 08 secs.

Shocked, Kevin grabbed my wrist and stared at it.

“Are you sure it’s only 1 minute left?” He asked, frightened.

I nodded hesitantly and stared at Kevin. “Kevin, I have to … “I stayed silent.

“I know.” Kevin gulped. He leaned closer, pulling down his collar, exposing his white milk skin. “Go ahead.”

“Mw-mwoh?” I hesitated, heart racing.

“You came here for a reason, didn’t you?” He said, not facing me. “Go ahead.”

It’s easier said than being done, I thought to myself.

I took a few steps forward towards Kevin and leaned forward towards his exposed neck. Targeting the tattoo, I felt my heart pounding as if my chest was going to burst. My breathing quickened. I took a deep breath, calming myself down.  Slowly, I pressed my lips on the star tattoo and stayed there for a few seconds. I felt his hand grab my wrist, grasping it tightly. I pulled away when my hand started feeling numb.

I took a few steps back quickly and watched Kevin, suddenly glow. The light dances around him, his hair as golden as it can be.  Luckily, he was back to normal, no longer will you see through him. I sighed in relief and wiped my lips with my sleeve, embarrassed of the sudden awkward moment.

“I-I …” I trying to break the awkward silence.

“I guess you and I have to stick together from now on.” He muttered, rubbing the area I kissed. He stared at me and looked away, staring at the night sky. “All this because of some stupid star.” He laughed awkwardly.

I laughed awkwardly and bowed.

“What was that for?” Kevin asked.

“I’m sorry. I… Because of me, you could easily just…disappear. Mianhe.” I bowed again.

He chuckled and straightened his collar, watching him button back his collar made my face redden furiously. I just kissed Kevin Woo, I thought to myself. I hope we could get along.. at least for the 2 months left.

“I guess we’re going to be stuck with eachother for two months. “

I nodded sadly.

“Then… I call your bed. You’re sleeping on the floor.” Kevin smiled, walking away quickly.

“Y-Yah!” I ran after him.

This. What exactly happened here? I wished upon a star and he appears. Kevin Woo, one of the idols that I’ve always loved and was inspired by. Two months together? He turned out to be a bit of jerk, how am I supposed to explain my friends of an idol stuck by my side? His attitude is so irritating, how am I going to survive these two months? Oh gee. Here we go. Sigh. Two months. And this is only the beginning…

“Y-Yah!” I called out, still trying to catch up to Kevin. “Why can’t you just sleep at the hotel? How am I supposed to explain to my parents about you living at my place? Y-Yah! Sunghyun!”

Yeap. Only the beginning…