Let's Just Stop Talking, Period.

Dazzling Wish

 

 

 

[ Kevin's POV ]

 

I can't believe I just did that. I stared back at the snowy window, ______ still behind me, wide eyed. I cleared my throat and turned around. 

"What? You're still here?" I muttered, taping my arm.

 

"You're really ...” She went off weakily. 

 

"Hot? y? Smart? “I suggested, smirking.

 

She shook her head and held her finger to her red lips.  "Confusing.” She answered, her hands on her hips. 

 

I scoffed out loud and stared at the petite girl in front of me. What is she implying? I eyed her and approached her slowly, once again. 

"Confusing?" I asked, "How so?"

 

"It's like you despise me, then you're nice. You're cold, and then you're nice. “She avoided my gaze, tapping her fingers against the beige wall. 

 

"So?" I growled. 

 

She shook her head, and wiped her eyes one more time before walking out of my room. What a silly girl. She thinks I like her or something? Pft. I blew my bangs away from my eyes and let myself fall onto the large bed. 

 

[Your POV]

 

I closed the door behind me and let myself sink to the cold wooden floor. He is really weird. He doesn’t like me… does he? No. No. I shook my head and closed my eyes. I’m just a burden to him, I shouldn’t even bother. The star wishing. The tattoo, The fact that he could disappear. Oh, ____. You’ve gone nuts. I closed my eyes shut once again and gripped onto my hair. If I wasn’t careless, I wouldn’t have risked Eli’s life and if I had gotten killed that day, wouldn’t that mean Kevin would disappear? Since I wouldn’t be there to reset the timer? “Promise me.” He said. Now, I know why. It’s because he would disappear. Aish. How could I be so careless? I ruffled my hair one last time and sighed heavily. I better sleep this off, I thought to myself, changing into my tank top and my PJ shorts. If I can…

 

***

 

 

Next Morning


Knock. Knock. 

I got up off my sofa and ran to the front door. I stared through the blinds and saw Eli, a long dark jacket, dark denim skinny jeans. Staring back at the mirror, I fixed my hair rapidly, pushing my bangs to the side, straightening my clothes. 

 

"Hey!" I showed a smile as I opened the door. 

 

"Hey." He waved. 

 

"Do you want to come in?" I opened the door wider, letting Eli in. 

 

He walked in the closet room, hanging his jackets on one of the silver hooks. "Kevin isn't home?" Eli asked. 

 

"Nope. He has a teacher meeting at school. " I explained. "Uhm. I could give him a call if you'd like. "

 

"No, it's fine. " He sat down on the sofa, looking around the living room. He patted the cushion beside him, gesturing me to sit. Nervous, I sat on the sofa across of me. "Ahem. Uh."

 

"So.. What is it that you want?" I asked, blushing. 

 

"Actually, I came here to see if you're alright. " He said, rubbing the back of his neck. 

 

I stared at him and smiled weakily. 

 

"Oh, I'm alright now. “ I said softly. “You saved my life. Thank you.” 

 

"It's nothing really. Uh. " He nodded, charismatic.

 

I got up and gestured him to follow me back in the kitchen, intending to brew some warm tea, especially with the thought that he came all the way to my place, when the snow was blowing really hard this morning. I handed him a cup filled with herbal tea and sat across of him. 

 

"So. Is this really why you wanted to come? Or did you need Kevin? Because I could really call him. It's no biggie.  " I offered, already reaching for the phone. 

 

"No. No. “He grabbed my wrist and sat me back down gently, his eyes still glued onto mine. I looked away, avoiding his gaze. "I actually wanted to ask you out.”

 

I stared back at him quickly and tilted my head. "Pa-Pardon?"

 

"N-No. I mean like as friends. “He blushed. "Cause of the gifts yesterday, being crushed and all.. I thought maybe you'd want to go out and shop again.. And I could help out with Kevin's gift especially with the fact that I know what he likes.." He rubbed the back of his neck and sipped on his tea, his cheeks still a bright pink. 

 

"Oh.." I said, not trying to show that I was disappointed. “Yeah, why not?"

 

* * * 

 

[ Kevin's POV ]

 

Finally! I thought to myself. The meeting is over. I looked at my watch: 1:35pm. Hm. I felt my stomach let out a small growl. I wonder what _____ is up to. I walked down the school hallways, while holding my binders filled with student files. I sat onto the dark seat in the cafeteria and looked through the files. 

 

"_______ Kim." I read in my mind. "Hm " I flipped the teal folder open and stared at her photo. Hair tied. Dark rimmed glasses. Red ribbon. My finger traced the outline of her jaw and then back to the red fabric that tightened her ponytail, flowing down on her shoulders. Red ribbon? I stared closely at the red ribbon.. It seems familiar. Hm. 

 

My eyes scanned the document in front of me, my hand still on the rim of her photo. I read the details of her profile in my mind. Okay. Hm. 

Name: ______ Kim. 

Blood type: B

Date of birth... Huh? My eyes widened. I blinked my eyes again, making sure I saw right. 

 

"December 21st 1995" I read out loud. 

 

Her birthday.. Wait. Quickly, I lifted my wrist to my face and stared at my red watch. 

 

Date... Date.. Date: December 21 , 2012 

 

Today is her birthday! I closed the file quickly and walked back to my homeroom. I should wish her happy birthday. I put the entire binder in the iron cabinet, but before closing it, my eyes flickered back at her file. 

 

"Maybe… I should keep her file. It’ll come in handy." 

 

I took her file and placed it in my bag, closing and locked the door behind me. 

 

Red ribbon. Huh?

 

***

 

[ Your POV ]

 

"Do you think he'll like it?" I asked Eli, holding up Kevin's gift. A red chain for his phone. A simple red ribbon. 

 

"Yeah!" He nodded and O.Ked with his fingers. 

 

Hm. I should probably add something to it. I placed my finger on my lips, tapping them lightly, thinking. 

 

"Why don't you add a pendant on it?" Eli coincidentally suggested. 

 

I nodded with joy and flapped my arms, heavy with gift bags. "I hope he likes it.” I whispered to myself. 

 

***

[ Kevin’s POV]

“At the mall with Eli! How was your meeting? ^^“

                                             Text sent by: Irritating ______. 14:23

I rolled my eyes at the text. With Eli? She’s always with Eli. And she said that she didn’t like him. Pft. My freaking ! Why am I even like this? Psh. And she thinks I like her? My . I shook my head and kept walking. I stopped halfway and reminisced her sad expression from yesterday. Ah! Why am I…? No, Kevin. Just shut up. For crying out loud, she’s the reason why you’re stuck in this kind of situation. Either way, someone like me being with someone like her. No, it’s just not possible.  I growled at my cellular screen and texted back furiously, walking to my car.

“Lame.  Just like you. So, with Kyoungjae? Date? ==”

“I shouldn’t have done that emoticon.” I regretted quietly. “Screw it.”

I closed the screen of my phone quickly and opened the door of my car, only to be blocked by who else but the “Queen of Hearts”.

“Oppa!” She smiled, her dark black dress, exposing her collarbones and cleavage. I felt my heart skip a beat, heat risen. That weird feeling coming back, this isn’t the type of feeling I usually get. Different feeling from the one that I felt yesterday with _____. Wait. What feeling. Shut up, Kevin. Just shut up.

“Hyuna. I’m your teacher when we’re on school grounds, you do know that, right? Now, please step away from the vehicule and let me be.” I growled, pushing her aside.

Suddenly, her hand wrapped around my tie once again, pulling me to her face, her back against the door of my car. I felt the natural heat of her body rush against my skin, shivers crawling down my spine rapidly. I stared at her red lips, unwelcomed and automatic temptation of pressing my own lips against hers. Her long slender fingers walked up against my arm, sending butterflies and triggered rapid breathing and palpitations, a desire I tried to bear. She tugged my collar, her lips inches away from my ear, her hot breathe tickled my neck, the hairs on the back of my neck standing tall. Do I…? My heart couldn’t stop beating. Should I? I shifted my gaze back to her eyes and her red plump lips that glistened in the sunlight. I can’t. _____. I shouldn’t. I took Hyuna’s wrist and thought that I managed to escape from her lustful grasp, only to be surprised by a sudden kiss. A passionate one. Something I’ve never felt before. Before I knew it, desire has taken over,  my eyes closed shut and I grabbed her petite waist, dropping my bag onto the ground, pulling her closer. Her slender fingers got tangled in my hair, gripping them tightly then softly. I pulled away to catch my breath, both of our breathing in sync. I stared at her, her eyes filled with something I couldn’t describe. I stared back at her red plump lips and felt the temptation strike my mind again. Before reaching her lips, I felt my phone vibe, a trigger back to reality. I pulled away quickly and stared at the message.

“Lool. I’m laughing, not. When you get home, you better apologize or else you’re going to starve tonight. Or maybe worst, you’ll disappear. You ! I can’t believe they sent me you. >:[ Text received from: Irritating _____. 14:48”

Suddenly forgetting Hyuna’s presence, I smiled at the text and let out a small laugh. What a headache, she is.

“Ahem…” she grabbed my tie once again. “ Where were we?”

Before she inched her face away from mine, I took her two hands quickly and pushed them both away. I know it seemed cold especially after that… kiss we shared. But… I don’t know.

‘We were out of the line. That’s where we were.” I muttered. “I’m sorry for wasting your time, but this isn’t right. I’m your teacher and you’re my student.”

“On school grounds, like you said. So, how about you and I go by your place? Hmm?” She winked, both of her hands snaking her way back to my collar.

“No. I’m sorry. “ I pulled her wrists away. “I better get going. Please move away from MY car.”

As soon as I started the car, I drove by as fast as I could. I looked at the mirror and stared at my swollen lips. I can’t believe that ha-- … I wiped my lips and held onto my chest.This sudden guilt filled my heart. But I knew I would be lying if I said that I didn’t like what just happened. I slammed my other hand back on the wheel and raced down the highway.

“As if I’d apologise, you idiot. I’ll pick you up now. == ” I texted with one hand, keeping my eyes on the road.

Not even a minute later, my phone suddenly vibes, echoing in the car.

“It’s alright! Eli’s going to bring me home, we’ll just go together by bus. Just go home and rest. You need it! There’s some cookies that I baked, so… yeah! (: Text received from: Irritating ____.”

I stared at the text and threw the phone on the back seat. Aish. For some reason, every time she even mentions his name, I… I shook my head and pressed on the gas. Whatever. Let’s just say I didn’t see that text.

***

“Let’s go.” I grabbed ____’s wrist, pulling her away from Eli’s gaze.

“M-Mwoh? Kevin?” She asked, shocked. “Didn’t you receive my text?”

I shook my head quickly, not even looking at Eli. I grabbed her shopping bags and started walking away until a sudden tug made me go into a halt. I turned and stared at the culprit’s hand.

“You must be tired. Just head home. “ Eli said, trying to take the bags away from me.

Roughly, I pulled away from his grasp and stared at him coldly, I’ve never looked at him this way but for some reason I felt this brewing anger in the pit of my heart.

“Are you okay?” Eli asked, shocked by the sudden cold act.

“Why don’t YOU head home? I can take care of myself and I’m definitely capable of handling something like her.” I growled, pointing at Eli.

“Yah! Kevin-sshi.” ______ growled. “What’s the matter with you?”

“Nothing is the matter! I could have gone home by now and rested. I’m exhausted. And I’m here, having to pick you up from the freaking mall. I don’t know what the hell you’re doing here.” I stared at the bags and continued. “Shopping? Are you serious? See. If you hadn’t been so careless yesterday, you wouldn’t have to go out shopping and I wouldn’t have had to pick you up and practically exhaust myself. . Out of all people, me. It just had to be me. .?”

“Kevin. You’re a bit out of li—“ Eli got cut off.

“Don’t tell me I’m a bit out of line. Don’t try to give me advice, you weren’t a saint either.” I snapped, dropping the gift bags on the ceramic tiles. “As for you.” I shifted my cold glare back at ______. “You are coming home with me, right now. You hear me?”

I took the shopping bags and walked off angrily back to the car. I don’t even understand why I’m angry, was I mad at myself… the guilt? Or was I mad at _____. . I don’t even ing know.

***

[ Your POV ]

I watched Kevin walk off with my shopping bags, leaving Eli and I dumbfounded. I looked back at Eli and bowed, apologising.

“I’m so sorry. I don’t even know… what that was about.” I rubbed the back of my neck and covered my mouth with my red scarf.

“He’s probably PMSing.” Eli joked. “There’s probably a good reason why. He usually doesn’t get angry.”

I shot him a you-got-to-be-kidding-me look. Kevin? Not angry? HIM?

“What?” Eli asked, confused.

I shook my hand and chuckled at his cuteness.

“Anyways, I better see what Mr.Grumpy is so mad about. Take care, and thanks a lot, Eli-oppa!” I smiled.

His eyes suddenly lightened.

“O-Oppa?” He asked shyly.

I blushed, I didn’t even noticed that I called him oppa. I felt my heart beat a bit quickly and I coughed out loud to silence my awkwardness.

“Oh sorry, if that made you a bit awkward…”

“No! I like it, actually…” He smiled. “Anyways, you better get going. Before Kevin gets even angrier. Oh, ____. We should hang out more often. Maybe… you know, a bit more.”

I smiled shyly.

“Yeah. I’d like that.” I waved and walked off quickly to meet up with Mr.Grumpy. While running back to Kevin, I felt this sudden guilt. If only Eli knew why Kevin is really here with me. I wish I could tell him but… I sighed and kept running, the snow blowing from left to right.

 

***

Awkward. Awkward. Awkward.

That was all I could say of the minute I sat in the car. With the corner of my eye, I took a glance at Kevin, who is obviously and visibly angered for some particular reason that I’d probably laugh at later on. I rolled my eyes and placed my elbow on the window rim, staring at the roads pass by as he drove cautiously, since the snow was getting worst.

“What was that about?” I muttered, breaking the silence.

“What was what about?” He muttered back, eyes still on the road.

“The yelling at the mall. Getting mad at Eli. What’s wrong with you? He did nothing wrong and why don’t you talk to us calmly before shooting your mouth off and embarrassing yourself?” I growled, now staring back at Kevin.

Suddenly, the car swerved to the side and stopped in a halt. With the sudden force, I managed to stop myself from hitting my head against the window. I shot my eyes directly at Kevin who grasped against the wheel, turning off the engine.

“What the hell? KEVIN! What the hell is wrong with you?” I yelled, frightened now.

“What the hell is wrong with me? ME? You go out, doing nothing wrong, finally thinking you’re okay, mentally and physically. You think you got your feelings in place or whatever.  Then some person comes along. You’re there, dumbfounded, then you start kissing the random person without getting to know that person. Don’t you feel guilty? At ALL? I mean, don’t you have values?” Kevin yelled back, slamming his hand against his arm rest.

What the hell is he talking about?

“What? What the hell are you talking about, Kevin? Kissing? Wait, Eli and I? What are you talking about? I didn’t kiss him. I never had my first kiss. Kevin, what the hell is going on? I… Hey! Kevin.. you’re scaring me.” I asked, confused & frightened.

He stared back at the windshield, as if he didn’t understand what he just said. He facepalmed and mumbled something.

“Whatever. Nevermind.” He growled.

“Don’t you dare nevermind me, Sunghyun. You yell at me. For something that I don’t even know why. What’s the matter with you? You are absolutely confusing. You were nice to me yesterday and here you are, being this incredible that you are. I should give you an award for being a freaking jerk, you jerk.” I yelled, this time, pointing my finger at him. I felt so angry and frustrated, I felt my eyes start to sting.

He started to reach for the keys but before he could I pulled it away from his hands.

“We’re not leaving until you tell me what the hell is going on, Woo Sunghyun.” I muttered, holding the keys from my back.

“It’s nothing. It’s just the exhaustion getting to my head. Nevermind. Just give me the keys, _____.” He said softly, sanding out the rough edges of his tone.

“You’re really confusing, you know that? And for what you said earlier about you being the one that had to be sent to me; out of all people it had to be you. Do you know why?’ I said, my voice cracking from frustration.

He stared at me, his eyes were still of a cold gaze.

“Because I thought you were an angel. Someone that would smile and light up my whole entire day when I would be upset. Someone that I could show off to my friends. But never would I think that I was going to be left with the opposite. Someone that I can’t bear to look at, because I always feel I’m the culprit and the one who keeps making mistakes. When you smile, I don’t know if I should smile back because I know you’ll just yell at me the minute later. I’m sorry that you had to be stuck with a burden like me. And I’m sorry that it had to be you. You’re right. Out of all people, it had to be you. I wish it wasn’t. “

I sighed loudly and threw the keys back onto his lap. I stared back at the window and glued my eyes there.

The car roared as Kevin started the engine. I watched the snowy trees go by. My eyes fiddled with the small gift bag that consisted of Kevin’s gift, swiftly, I threw it in the back seat, not caring if it fell.

As the long never ending ride kept going on, a sigh filled the car.

“Happy Birthday, by the way.” He muttered, then mumbled something, sounding as if it was a regret.

Wrong timing, buddy. Yeah. Happy birthday to me. Pft.

“Whatever.” I muttered. “If this was my birthday gift, then it freaking .”

He chuckled lightly then cleared his throat.

“____  --“

I cut him off with the sign of my hand.

“Just drive. I don’t want to hear anything until we arrive home.” I snapped, eyes still glued to the window.

“I just felt guilty… I don’t understand it either, alright? ” Kevin started.

“I don’t want to hear it, Kevin. Just drive.” I cut him off, fed up of his voice.

***

“_____.”

I slammed the door between us and hanged my jacket. Kevin opened the door quickly and hanged his own jacket and followed me to the kitchen.

“Yah. _____ Kim.”

“What?” I turned around, this time, it was my turn. I had the right to be angry.

“I’m s—“

“You’re sorry? Just shut up. Kevin.” I growled. “Take off your scarf, we need to reset you timer.”

He took off the scarf and exposed his tattoo. I closed in on him and targeted the center of his tattoo, the star. Before, landing my lips against his cold skin, he grabbed my wrist pulling me far away from him.

“What? Kevin.” I tried pulling away from him but he kept holding onto my wrist.

“Let me explain.” Kevin muttered.

“No. And we only have 30 minutes remaining.”

“Perfect. Enough for me to explain everything.”

I tried attempting at pulling my wrist away from his cold grasp but he wouldn’t budge. I whined and glared at him with such hate.

“Let go of me, Woo Sunghyun.” I muttered quietly. “Let go!”

I yelled one more time this time, trying to pull out of his grasp, I tried it with incredible force that my head shot back. I felt a sudden pain on my shoulder as it hit the wooden chair behind me. I fell backwards, bringing down Kevin with me. I felt his body press against mine, my back against the cold floor. But my shoulder started to sting as the pain finally registered into my brain.

Speechless, I stared at Kevin who was right above me. I looked at his eyes and stared at his lips. My heart started to beat a heavenly rhythm. This rhythm felt familiar. The scent of his cologne surrounded me, my mind started to feel weak. His arms layed beside both of my sides, his legs the same way. I couldn’t tell if he was there staring at me for minutes or hours now. It felt so slow.

“Ge…Get off..” I whispered, wincing at the pain.

He kept staring back at me, as if he couldn’t hear a single word coming out of my mouth. I pressed my hand against his chest to push him away but he wouldn’t budge. On the palm of my hand, I could feel his heartbeat. I stared back at him, his pulse was the same as mine. I looked at his star tattoo and stared at the time.

10 minutes left.

Quickly, I kissed his neck gently, resetting the timer to another fresh 24 hours. 1 month and a week left. He has to be stuck with me for one more month. I stared back at him, this time, his eyes softened. His hand travelled to my waist, my throat went dry.

“Ke-Kevin. Please.” I whispered, complaining. He was getting heavy and I felt sticky, it got suddenly hot.

“I didn’t mean it.” Kevin whispered as he sat up, his legs still pinning me down.

I layed there, frightened.

“Didn’t mean what?”

He shook his head and got up.

I sat up, straightening my clothes.

“You’re the girl from Eli’s elementary school, right?”

My eyes shot up and stared at Kevin who was straightening his clothes also. If my parents came in right now, it would have seemed really inappropriate. I shook my head. Why is it every time Kevin stares at me with those eyes my anger just.. I can’t stay angry. I have the right too. But…

“Yeah. I used to go to his school.”

“You’re the girl he kept talking about. Red ribbon. The girl he left heartbroken. He was your first love that you didn’t want to talk about when we were with Ren.”

I gulped and balled my hands into fists.

“Hyuna. She’s the one that kissed Eli. The one that Eli couldn’t control himself with. Right?”

“I don’t like talking about this.” I whispered.

“Why? Because you can’t get over him?” Kevin growled, this time, not angry but concerned.

“It’s not that. I don’t know how I feel. Alright?” I snapped back at him. “Is that why you’re mad? Because I didn’t tell you this? I mean, last time I heard you didn’t want anything to do with me. Wait. How did you know … Does Eli know?”

“No. It was in your file.”

“You read my file!?” I yelled at him, pointing at him with my index finger. “How dare you!? You can’t tell him anything. You can’t.”

I covered my face and shook my head.

“Why not?”

“Cause I can’t.. Just don’t. Please, Kevin.”

“Do you like him?”

I stared at him and stared back, his eyes staring deep into my own.

“I don’t know. Maybe I do. “ I whispered. “Kevin. I’m still angry at you. I don’t want to go talking about something so personal to someone I barely tr—“

‘Trust?” He asked, slightly hurt of the rash comment.

I shook my head and stared at him.

“I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want from me. I thought it would be nice to just get along for these two months. But I was wrong. From now on, let’s just get out of each other’s lives. I’ll only interfere when I need to reset the time and when I have questions for cl—Not even. I’ll drop off of Korean class. Alright? “

“____.” He called out.

“Goodnight, Kevin.”

I walked quickly upstairs and closed the door. I walked to the coffee table and opened the red velvet box. Opening it, I pulled out the red phone chain with a pendant. A star pendant. A star that I never thought would cause me this much amount of regret and pain.

I hate this.

[ Kevin’s POV ]

I let myself fall on the sofa and stared. I gripped my hair and sighed outloud. . . . I messed up real bad this time. When I see Hyuna.. I just feel weak. When I see _____, I can forget all of that. Why did I vent out my anger on her? I told myself that I would never hurt a girl and fall for a girl that Eli had back then. Eli fell for that girl’s lust and greedy needs. That girl played him and broke an innocent girl’s heart. _______’s heart.  I said that wouldn’t happen to me. Now, here I am. I’ve already fallen in Hyuna’s web. I’m stuck. I don’t know what to choose. What the hell.

I hate this.