Dark Wedding (Part One)

Dazzling Wish

*** The sentences in italics are the thoughts that could be heard by Kevin. You'll understand what I mean once you read on. This is only part one of THIS segment "Dark Wedding", there will probably be atleast 3 parts to this.. so yeah. This WAS intended to be a fantasy-romance based story as of course, you've noticed already with the star, disappearing and such. I had to put in a bit more so yeah, so in this part one, it revolves a bit more on Ren, his society and Erian's true intentions and true identity. (I already said alot soo.. shh hehe)  Haha, I'm a er for fantasy novels so.. But let me know, if its a bit too much, [ the fantasy part]. If it is too much, in your opinion, then I won't let it [starlites, Ren]  play such a lethal part in the story and concentrate more on the romance and I guess, reality. The only thing that ofc will be left  in is the star tattoo and the fact that Kevin might disappear. [No duh!]  I just wanted to try something out and I just kept going. Soo.. yeah. Like it has been said in the beginning, I usually write the story on the spot and whatever comes to mind. Comments are greatly appreciated, they help me improve on my ideas AND on the way I write. I just wanted to thank you for that. Anyways, enough of this. Here is part one of "Dark Wedding" segment. Greatly appreciated to get some feedback! If it seems confusing [Starlite's purpose, who they are, what is Ren,] let me know, and I'll make a chapter, explaining every detail about what they are. I felt I've been neglecting the Starlites [Ren and his species], so yeah. ANYWAYS. Yeah. That's all that needs to be said atm. xoxo - Khay ***

 

[Your POV]

“What about this one?” I held up a blue short dress with beautiful sequin embroidery flowing down to the bottom of the skirt.

Eli stared at the dress as I brought it up to my body, as if I was wearing it. I stared back at him and turned to the mirror, looking at myself, trying to imagine myself wearing it. Right now, Eli and I are at the mall, shopping for some clothes. One of my older cousins is getting married and has invited us to her wedding which is… well, I’m running a bit late, the wedding is actually tomorrow. And I’m going crazy because I can’t decide on what exactly I should wear. I ruffled my hair and stared back at Eli.

“Well?” I urged on, bringing the dress closer to him as he couldn’t make up his mind.

“You don’t find it…kind of short?”  My jaw dropped as he asked the question. This is probably the 5th dress we have looked at. I put back the dress on the rack and pouted at my boyfriend who cannot decide on anything. “So-Sorry.” He scratched the back of his neck. “I’m just a bit scared that some other guys will look at you… like your legs for instance.” He blushed.

I rolled my eyes and muttered: “Then, I’ll just wear a rag and a towel over my head, so then no one will look at me.” Eli laughed and approached me, snaking his large arms around my waist. “Whatever you wear, you’ll make guys turn their heads.” He smirked and landed a light kiss on my cheek. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away playfully.  Whatever. My hands made its way to the rack as I went through the other dresses. When he kissed my cheek… Why did I picture Ke—

“What about this one?” I turned to Eli holding up another dress that was a hot bright red with a long slit going down the side of its skirt. My jaw dropped and I rolled my eyes at him.

“And you thought the other one was too y and short. That one will show my thigh. No thank you, sir.” I muttered, taking the red hot dress from his hands. I placed back on the rack and left a blushing Eli by himself, watching me go through the other dresses.  He chuckled lightly and said: “Hey, I better get going. The coach at school wants me to go over and help him sort out some equipment.” I turned around and faced him: “I have to do this by myself?” I pouted and stomped on the floor childishly, and smiled. He rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair. “I’m sure you’ll be fine. Nothing too… you know.” Eli muttered, looking away.

“And what about your clothes?” I asked, muttering, still upset over the fact that he had to leave.

“Don’t worry, I’ll go buy a tie and a suit when I finish. I’ll see you tomorrow, when we go to the wedding, alright, babe?” He approached me, grabbing my hips.

“Whatever.” I growled jokingly, pushing Eli away with the palm of my hand. “You pabo.” He smiled radiantly and kissed my cheek as he left to go help out the coach. Pftt. That guy. I stared back at the dresses and growled at them silently. Alright, I stared back at the watch. I have 8 hours before I have to reset Kevin’s timer. I have a long time until I go home. Alright, more dresses we go…

***

I swung the shopping bag back and forth as I walked around the mall. The bag in my hand and a strawberry Frappuccino in the other. I sipped on the straw and scanned the stores quickly. I still have a lot of time, I told myself. What caught my eye was my English teacher, Mr. Erian, oh great. I hope he doesn’t see me. I started quickening my pace, I knew who always had a grudge on me, especially with Hyuna being his younger sister.

“______.”

Shoot. I turned around and replaced my shocked expression with a smile. I saluted him awkwardly as I raised my Frappuccino. I walked towards him slowly and nodded my head: “Hi, Mr.Erian. How are you doing?”

“Call me Erian only, skip the Mister part. You don’t need to call me Mr.Erian, after all, we are friends, aren’t we?” He snickered, half-smiling. This guy always gave me the creeps. Every time, I passed him in the hallways at school, I always felt his cold stare. Every year, I prayed and hoped that he wouldn’t be my English teacher but sigh, this year, I wasn’t so lucky.

“Oh. Erian, then.”

He smiled and his eyes flickered to my shopping bag: “Shopping?” No duh. I nodded and smiled. “Special occasion?” I nodded once more and explained:  “Yeah, it’s my older cousin’s wedding tomorrow and I sort of forgotten to buy myself a dress so… here I am.” I raised the shopping bag and avoided his gaze that made me really uncomfortable.

“May I see the dress?”

“Uh. Alright.”

We walked on over to the sofas that were in the middle of the mall. I slowly took out the large box and took out the cover. A beautiful pastel green dress, a long length dress that touched the tips of my toes. The straps were covered with beautiful sequins. I looked at Mr.Erian’s expression, and I honestly got freaked out. I shoved the dress back and coughed out loud, out of awkwardness.

“You’ll look absolutely stunning.” He smirked sending the chills down my spine. But those weren’t the kind of chills I get from Ke—I mean, Eli. These were the kind that… that sent out a bad vibe. I felt myself start to get frightened. You have to leave, ____. I told myself.

“Th-Thanks. I better get going, see you Mr.Erian. I mean, Erian.” Like that, we said our goodbyes and I walked away quickly. I could have sworn I’ve seen him his lips. I shook my head and denied what I saw. Just keep going.

***

Next Evening

[ Kevin’s POV ]

I straightened my tie and stared at the mirror. Hm. I look pretty dashing in a suit. I smiled and winked at the mirror and straightened my tie. I sat down on the bed and played with my IPhone. I clicked on the fortune teller app, I always loved this app. I find it funny. How could people believe in this kind of crap? I rolled my eyes. Then again… that shining star. Sigh, anything could be real…  I tapped on the fortune teller and waited for its so-called fortune.

Greetings!” It said. I rolled my eyes and muttered back: Pft. Hello. Stupid IPhone.

“Today is a special day! You will be blessed with a smile and plenty of happiness. You will be expecting a shocking visit!  Your lucky number is number 14! Lucky color: Green!  Lucky object: A candle! Motto of the day: “Just follow your heart and always keep your head up! Don’t bother with what others say or think. What you believe and think of who you are defines you!”

Tsk. I chuckled at the app and shoved the phone in my pocket as I heard _____’s father call us down. I guess it’s time to go to the banquet. I glimpsed at the mirror once more and straightened my hair. Looking good, Kevin! I told myself with a smirk. Alright, let’s go.

I walked out of my door and my jaw dropped.

[Your POV]

“What?” I stared at Kevin who seemed frozen in front of me. His eyes scanned me from top to bottom. For some reason, I suddenly felt . I covered my chest and stared at my pastel green dress. Was it too..revealing? I mean, this is a pretty classy dress, well, I least I think it was. “What?” I repeated, this time, my voice cracked in nervousness.

“You look… beautiful.” He said out loud, causing a shock in the room. I stared at my parents who smiled towards me and of course, my father who watched and observed Kevin’s reaction. Kevin coughed and covered up his expression by saying: “ I could tell who you got your looks from!” With that, my father smiled. Nice save, I chuckled.

“Oh!” I stared at my mother who exclaimed with joy. “You two are matching.”

M-Mwoh? I looked at him and stared at his tie, a pastel green tie, the same exact color as my dress. Well, this is a shocker. Both of our eyes met when we noticed our matching outfits. “Green..huh?” He muttered silently, only for me to hear. I felt the head rise to my cheeks as I kept staring at him. He looked really handsome in a suit. Shoot. He noticed that I started to turn red. Ding dong!  Saved, I told myself. “I’ll get it!” I rushed down to the door quickly and opened it.  

“Wow. You’re absolutely stunning. “Eli smiled. I smiled back at him and the first thing I looked at was his tie. It was simply black, I guess… black matches with everything. I hugged him and held him by the arm. I stared back at my parents and Kevin, and Kevin forced out a small smile. “You look good, Kevin!” Eli smiled, patting his shoulder.

“You do too, Eli.” He smiled back at him, and patted his arm also. I smiled at the both of them as they both stared at me.  I felt the awkward silence envelope the room.

“We better get going.” My father announced.

***

[Eli’s POV]

After the long wedding ceremony, we headed to the banquet hall which was held in a beautiful room that was as large as two gymnasiums. The room was lit with glass chandeliers and the tables were clothed with a bright brown silk. The centerpieces were ______’s favorite flowers: Orchids and Baby Breath. I watched _____ as her eyes start to sparkle in absolute awe. I smiled and squeezed her hand.  The scent of her perfume sent shivers. I loved this girl. I kissed her right temple and my eyes accidently caught Kevin’s gaze. I looked away quickly, diverting his eyes.

“Which table are we at?” I asked _____. She looked at her little card and pointed at a table. All of us, _____’s family, Kevin and I followed _____ as she led us to our table.

***

[Kevin’s POV]

You’ve got to be kidding. I stared at the table number. Lucky number: 14! Well, this must be one hell of a coincidence. Our table number is number fourteen. Sheesh, I sat down across from _____. Great, a beautiful view of the couple, I growled to myself as I stared at Eli and _____ sitting right beside each other. Lucky number, my as—

“Kevin, sit beside _____.” Her father exclaimed, pointing at the empty seat beside _____.

_____ and  Eli stared at me and gestured me to hurry. Okay, this is getting weird. I sat beside _____ and coughed awkwardly. Alright, the color green , my eyes flickered to her dress and also the number 14, my eyes flickered to the paper that indicated with bright gold, the number 14. This is getting too crazy.

“Water, sir?”

“Uh, yes plea—“ I started to cough loudly, causing a big commotion amongst the group.

“Are-Are you okay?” ____ asked, offering a napkin. I nodded and got up quickly, shoving the waiter to the farthest hallway, away from all the music and from the table. As soon as we were not in plain sight, I stared at the golden boy in front of me. “What are you doing here!?” I yelled at Ren, who actually looked pretty good in a suit also.                                                                                                                                                 

“I do look good in a suit, don’t I?” He smiled radiantly as bright as the stars. I rolled my eyes and waited for the answer to my previous question. “So, what are you doing here, Ren?”  He rolled his eyes and placed his hands firmly on his hips.

“I’m here to help you, you idiot.” He growled. “You will not disappear, hyung! You will kiss her tonight! YOU HEAR ME?” I grabbed his collar once more and yelled in my mind: Do you have short term memory!? I told you that I will not kiss her. I confessed my feelings to her and she has already chosen who she really liked. Don’t get into my way.

He rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, pushing me back against the wall a bit too violently. I winced in pain and held onto the wall, for balance. His eyes started to glow furiously and he glared: “I’m not letting you disappear. This was not supposed to happen. You aren’t supposed to disappear.  Not only is my reputation as a star will diminish, ______ will end up suffering with the consequences also, you idiot!” What do you mean?  I thought, my thoughts directed to Ren. “What I mean is… Eli may seem the right guy but he isn’t. He belongs to someone else, not to _____. Their relationship won’t last long. Give them, 2 years max. After 2 years, UKISS will be promoting a lot, and they will barely see each other. Trust me. I’ve spoken with the elders.”

Yeah, but remember. I’m a part of UKISS too, you know. So, I’ll end up promoting a lot also. I thought again, I didn’t want to speak out loud, making sure that no one would hear me. Ren, isn’t there a way that you could speak to me but not out loud, what if someone hears us. He snapped his fingers and his hair turned into a brighter blond.

There, happy. I heard him in my thoughts. No. I was listening to HIS thoughts. Yeah, you’re right. Anyways, no one would hear us anyways, I mean, I froze time. I heard him say.

“Wh-What?” I stared at my watch and stared at the hands that wouldn’t move. See, sheesh. You worry too much. I heard Ren snicker. I’m more powerful than you think, hyung. I may be a young star but I’m quite exceptional. I’m in fact the most smartes—“

“Yeah, I got it.” I growled, not caring of his status. He pouted cutely and floated onto the large cabinet, sitting at the top. Show off, I thought, causing him to smile brightly. “Anyways, like I said. I’m a part of UKISS, what makes me any different from Eli, huh? You said in the next 2 years, we’d be promoting a lot, so doesn’t that mean that I’d end up not seeing _____ as much either?”

Yeah. But you’re stronger in spirit and faith than Eli is. You wouldn’t give up so easily. You wouldn’t let _____ go with the pain. See, you already are sacrificing so much for her to be happy. For crying out loud, you’re sacrificing your own life! If you don’t believe me then… I’ll show you a piece of the future. It’s kind of illegal but… I’m willing to cross the line. After all, the elders like me! I watched Ren smile.

“Oh no. I really do not like these kind of stuff. These magic mumbo jumbo. “

Fine. I heard him mutter. But, it’s true. _____ would just be left off with the pain. And let alone, harassed by Hyuna and you know who she’ll end up with? My eyes flickered to Ren’s frustrated glare. “Who?” I asked, curiously. I’m not sure, for some reason, the elders can’t see the person which is really rare. It’s fuzzy.

“Shoot.” I heard Ren mutter out loud.

“What is it?”

“My time freezing technique hasn’t really been mastered yet, so time is now running.”

Then I guess I better head back, I thought to Ren. Ren nodded and got off the cabinet, holding a tray in hand. Y-Yah! I cried mentally. Shouldn’t you disguise into something and make sure ____ doesn’t see you. She’ll freak out.

“You’re the only one who can see what I truly look like, you idiot. I mastered this technique where—“

I raised my hand and walked away from him. Sigh. You . I turned around and faced Ren, glaring. Hey, I could still hear his thoughts. And you could hear others. Only for a few hours though. Just concentrate on the person and you’ll hear a segment of their thoughts. My gift to you for the night. You better kiss ____. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

“Ladies and Gentleman! The special guests of the night!” I sat down beside ____ and smiled as I told her I just had something stuck in my throat. She smiled and nodded, staring back at the groom.

“Hyuna Kim and Erian Kim, who has donated a generous amount of money to let this wedding happen and to let us celebrate at this beautiful banquet!”

Suddenly, ____ started to cough continuously. Eli and my hand met as we both started to pat ____’s back. I studied Eli’s expression as he stared back. I let my hand move away from ____ and let Eli do the rest. “Are you alright, babe?” I heard Eli ask softly. I felt my heart start to sink, I should be the one saying that. My eyes flickered and glared at Hyuna and Erian. They aren’t here to wish the bride and groom happiness. They’re here for _____.  I can feel it.

Why are they here… My eyes flickered to _____. I forgot that I could read her thoughts! Concentrating hard, I listened to her inner voice tremble. Just stay calm… Eli and Kevin are here. Just stay calm, they can’t hurt you anymore. Right?  I heard _____ thought. Her thoughts felt painful, and I could feel the fright creep up to my own heart. I almost felt scared myself.  My eyes shot back to Erian and Hyuna. Hyuna stared back at me with wicked eyes, a silent killing smile uplifted onto her selfishly small face. I stared back at ____, who seemed really bothered by the sudden entrance of the two.

Something’s up.

 And I’m not liking this at all.

I looked at Ren who was now across the hall and knew I was looking at him. His eyes started to glow once again furiously and nodded towards me. That guy.. That Erian…He’s nothing but bad news. I didn’t… I asked the elders if something were to happen tonight. I don’t understand how they couldn’t detect Erian’s presence.

What do you mean? I asked back, mentally.

“What I mean is I asked the elders if there would be anybody that could harm____. The elders given me all the names and all the intentions of all the people present here. I even have Hyuna on my list and her intentions are awful but I got that covered already, so don’t worry. . As for Erian… They didn’t detect a thing… it’s either Erian doesn’t truly exist or he’s a fallen star, meaning he isn’t entirely human, I can’t even read his thoughts!”

What!? I asked once again, as my eyes flickered towards Erian. Erian was smiling directly at Ren, and I could have sworn Erian’s eyes started to glow faintly.

Wh-What’s going on here?

Even, I don’t know right now. I heard Ren say in his thoughts. Careful. I can’t even detect or see his aura. This guy.. he’s stronger than you think. This guy, he isn’t human, he doesn’t exist.

What the hell is he?

Alright, something is really up.

I balled my fists tightly and glared at Erian who seemed to notice Ren. He knows. He knows who Ren is. Erian’s eyes shot towards me and he smirked.

Heh, this is going to be one hell of an interesting night, I heard Ren say.

You’re right about that one.. 

*** Don't forget to leave some feedback concerning what I've said in the beginning! It helps me alot and improve! And also! Whatever font is in Bold, they are lines that lead to the next chapter, meaning it revolves around whatever is in bold. Like a little clue? I guess. Anyways. Yeah! I hope it was okay! xoxo (once again) Khay a.k.a Sierra