Sacrifices

Dazzling Wish

"Secret?" I pulled away from his grasp and stared into his dark purple eyes that pulsed in anger.
"Yes. A little secret.." His hand travelled to my ear as he placed a strand of hair behind it.
"What is it, then?"
He leaned in closer as felt his  breath trickle down my neck.

***

[ Baekho's POV ]

"Damn!" With lightning speed, I managed to lunge under the demon's colossal arm as I aimed to get _____ back to safety. Wh-what.
"I got her!" Aron growled. He grabbed ______, his arm under her knees and jumped backwards, running away from the demon's sight.

"Then. I'll just take care of this. " With silver wind under my summoning, I brought out a second blade, ready to take on the demon. As the demon roar of approval to fight, all I did was lunge towards him.

***

[ Aron's POV ]

"Wake up." I shook her limp body as her head flung lifelessly onto the side. Damn. Erian must have put her in a trance. I stared deeply into her grey coal eyes and shook her once more.
"ARON!" Kevin came running, his eyes filled with worry and anguish. To have the person you love in this state, don't you feel guilty for causing this? My expression went dark, this is why I would never fall for some girl.
"She's in a trance. Erian put her in there. She can't get out. But we can get in." I stared back at him and nodded. "But it's risky.. I can't.."

"You have to. Let me in. I'll pull her away , just tell me how. "

Suddenly, Baekho's shrieking pained yell echoed through the mall. Damn! I placed _______ onto his arms and signaled Ren to come on over. With a dash, I went to help out Baekho with the beast. Damn. Baekho! His body layed there, as the demon stand over his weakened body. I don't think so! With a clench of my fist, I summoned a dagger onto my right hand and a rod on the left.

"Back off, you !" I yelled. Sudden feet shifts, I threw the rod to its mouth, preventing it from ripping Baekho with its sharp teeth.
"Let's get you out of here!" I grabbed his arm and placed it over my shoulders.

***

[ Kevin's POV ]

I have to imprison him? I asked Ren within my thoughts. He nodded slowly and stared at ______'s limp body, I watched guilt fill onto his face.
"Don't let the guilt get to you. Erian's just some no-life bastard. " I growled, holding ______ tightly. "I'll make sure he will rot in prison. How do I seal him?"

"Get close to him. Place this medal onto his chest. But he has to be weakened and unable to overpower it. Or else.. "

"It won't work. Meaning.. _______ will be stuck in this trance forever. " I stared at Ren. "Don't you have better chances with sealing him? I.. I barely know how to levitate items and you're telling me to fight with techniques that I've barely used and--"

"You've fought before. Remember?" Ren growled. "Besides. Only the person that ______ cherishes at the moment can get in. Meaning. You. "

I felt my heart beat tremendously. But.. What if I fail? I'll lose her forever. As if, it'll make a difference. I'll.. I'll end up disappearing anyways. But to leave her in that state, I can't leave her like this. I just can't. I closed my eyes shut, frustration got to me, tears started to form. I couldn't let that happen. Wiping my tears off like a man, I got up and stared at Ren courageously.

"Give me whatever I need. Let's do this."

Ren nodded and with a snap of his fingers, light shone throughout the whole area.

***

[ Your POV ]


Wh..what? No. I stared back at Erian as he smirked towards me. I shook my head and felt the hot tears roll down my cheeks. "You're lying! He.. He wouldn't do that. He wouldn't. " I cried out, yelling. I stared at the dark rings around my legs and arms, holding me up against the wall.

"You caused him so much pain. Vice-versa. And because of you, he'll disappear. Forever. The only way.. The only way for him to stay is one kiss. Did you know that? But he doesn't want to. Want to know why?"

I stared at him and looked down. His hand travelled to my chin, raising up my head to face his dark cold eyes.

"He doesn't love you as much. You're a burden. You messed up his life."

...

"I know. " I whispered softly. "I am a burden. And I'm sorry." The warm tears went down my cheeks. "As much as he said that I'm not a burden anymore, I knew that.. he was lying. He was just saying that to spare the pain."

"There is.. one way for you to turn back time. I have gained the power to. But.. I'm missing an ingredient."

I felt helpless, hopeless, a burden. All I wanted was his happiness.

"And what is that?"

His grin got wider as I stared back at him helplessly. I would do anything. Even if would spare my life, I thought to Erian. He grinned and placed his cold hand on my cheek, stained with tears.

"I'll need a sacrifice. Your soul, to be specific. You'll forever be in this state, blank. Almost, in a coma, well, to others, it may seem like a coma. But it's different. You will never go back. "

... And this way, he'll never have to disappear? I glare at Erian one last time and let my hand rest helplessly on the side, not resisting.

"Close your eyes. And, give me the permission of taking you in my possession."

With no hesitation, with Kevin on my mind, I closed my eyes and felt the cold aura surround me. This is it, I thought.

"NO!"

[ Kevin's POV ]

"NO!" I screamed, running towards Erian quickly. "_____, you stupid girl. Don't listen to him." I ran between them and held the rod to his face. "Back off, you bastard. It stops here. "

"That's what you think." Erian grimaced. How can he still be so confident without ... a trap.
.
He knew I was coming. He didn't want ______ to start off with. He wanted me.

[ Your POV ]

"Ke..Kevin?" I asked, still a bit hazed when Erian struck my head. Besides the fog, in the midst of it, was a light, a bright one. I shook my head and stared at a lean figure in front of me. His hair practically golden and glittered as the night stars, my wishing star. The golden guardian turned his attention towards me, his eyes smiled towards me, rushing a sense of safety.

"I'm here now, _____. Don't be afraid. I'll take care of everything." My guardian told me assuringly, the rod to Erian's neck. "Now, no more crying. I love you."

Kevin.. I nodded and tried to tell him that I loved him back, but the weakness and tiredness got to me first. Darkness surrounded me. K-Kevin. Please be safe.

[ Kevin's POV ]

"How sweet." Erian growled, his fingers traced the golden rod. I moved it away from his neck slowly and asked for a negotiation. "Negotiate? That isn't quite my style, dearie. "

"Pft. At least, I tried. I'm not that great at fighting, so go easy on me, will you?" I growled sarcastically. I knew being too confident is being ignorant but. I needed ______ to remain hopeful.

"Hmph. You'd do about anything, would you?"

I glared and lunged towards him with the rod that Ren had bestowed upon me. With a snap of my fingers, I managed to lunge myself towards the air, luring him up to where I was the strongest. The night sky. I had the stars. He had the darkness. But, we all knew what travels faster. Light. Light always captures darkness.

You're done for, Erian.

***

[ Ren's POV ]

I held onto Kevin's vulnerable body and just waited. I couldn't do anything. What could I do?

[ Kevin's POV ]

I held onto my wound and stared at the also wounded Erian, he was tired but he was still strong. I could feel it. Damn. I'm getting weaker and weaker. I looked back at ______ and ran towards her. With a sudden surge of power within my palm, I destroyed the bands that held her to the wall.

"Oof!" I catched her fall and fell on my back, the ground as cold as ice.

"Pft. There's no use in doing that. You know that right? You will both disappear. Forever." His hands started to pulse as two sharp knives formed. "You're done for." He threw the knives in lightning speed.

Damn!

[ Your POV ]

I fluttered my eyes open and felt Kevin's grasp. "K-Kevin." I muttered, wrapping my arms around his neck. A small smile formed on his face as he stared back at me deeply. I always loved his eyes, I always felt safe. I always wanted him.

"You're okay. You'll be okay. " He whispered, he trembled.

"What about you?" I looked around and became terrified as Erian approached us. "He-He's coming."

"There's a barrier around us." He whispered. " I just need to catch my breath. When it disappears, run over there. " He pointed towards the large pillar and smiled back at me.

"I can't leave you. " I shook my head and buried my head in his chest. "I can't. Don't."

Kevin's hand soothed me as he patted my back. "Trust me, please. That's all I need right now."

"When were you planning to tell me, that you were going to disappear, you babo." Quickly, I pecked his lips, earning a shocked expression from him. He started to glow, slowly a small orb raised upon his head, and shattered, covering us with star dust.

He smiled and pecked my cheek. "Run. Alright?" I nodded and braced for his signal.

When he did signal, I ran. As fast as I could. When I reached the pillar, I poked my head to catch what was happening.

My world fell. My world came crashing down.

"Ke..kevin?" I heaved a quivering sigh. "No!"

He told me to run. Leaving him vulnerable. Leaving him weak. Leaving him alone.

No.

NO!

My world. It fell.