Throbbing, Pounding

Dazzling Wish

 

[ Your POV ]

"Are you okay, jagiya?" Erian asked sweetly. I nodded, covering my blushing face and took one step at a time. I don't remember anything... besides him. My eyes flickered towards Erian, beaming with happiness and charisma, it made my heart flutter. I smiled and grasped his arm tightly. 

My head is killing me… It’s been throbbing..

[ Ren's POV ]

I knew it! This jerk! I balled my hands into fists as I felt the brewing energy slowly fading in my system. . Got to keep on going. That knife that Erian slashed me with.. he put a tag on it. Absorption tag. Slowly absorbs my energy until I black out. I cringed and tried to keep myself together. There's no way he fully wiped _____'s memory after wiping a whole banquet filled of people. There's a chance. If he's put away, memory will come back. My eyes flickered towards Kevin, who was staring back at me with concern. Oppsies. He could hear my thoughts. 

"Why didn't you say anything?" Kevin whispered, no one else noticing. 

"Cause. I didn't want to worry you guys. Anyways, don't worry. It's not life-threatening.. I just won't be able to go to the end but you have my other companions. " I thought to Kevin. He nodded slowly and stared at ______ who was now sitting by Erian's side. I knew this pained Kevin, and Eli. I watched Eli growl and snarled.

"Eli. Don't do anything rash. We have to think of a plan. You hear me?"

He nodded and stayed quiet as we walked to another table at the opposite side. Okay, we need a plan. A plan. Think, Ren, Think! Hm. Wait. I know what to do. My eyes flickered back to Changjo and he stared back at me with a nod. 

"Just follow his lead. " I told Eli and Kevin. They both nodded and watches Changjo walk towards ____ with a water pitcher. 

[ Kevin's POV ]

What is he going to do? I asked Ren in my thoughts. 

"He's going to go spill water on _____. When she goes to the bathroom, both of you get her somewhere safe. " Ren stayed quiet. 
"Hold out your hand, Kevin. "

I held out my hand as demanded and felt both of his hands envelope my own. Suddenly his hand started to glow, a sudden heat wave shot through my veins. I let go of his hands in shock and stared at my hands, as I felt it started to sting and burn. 

"Ke-Kevin." Eli stuttered with his eyes wide open. "You look.. you're glowing. "

What? I took out my iPhone and stared at my reflection. Golden bright hair. Eyes a shade much brighter. My skin kind of ... sparkled. The eyes-- no, my eyes flickered brightly towards Ren who was now trying to keep his balance, his eyes normal, he wasn't as... star-like. 

"R-Ren!" I helped him up and held him close on my side, looking at him worriedly. 

"It's okay. I'm just weak, don't worry about it. I'm pretty strong, I’ll regain my strength in N-O T-I-M-E. " His eyes flickered to the worried Taemin. "It's true! Guys!" He whined. 
I chuckled and gestured Taemin to take care of him. Curiously, I asked:
"Why did you pass your energy to me?"

"Just in case, Erian tries to kill you. "

... That's nice. I mumbled quietly. "I don't even know how to... work this. " Ren held up a crystal ball and threw it my way. 

"Okay, like I said earlier before we were rudely interrupted by Erian. Close your eyes and try to contain the energy in it. "

I sighed and concentrated on the crystal ball, filling it up with... I'm assuming: Star light. As it filled the crystal, I stopped leaking any more energy and watched the light ripple and chime gently within the glass. I looked back at Ren and he smiled at Taemin, amazed. 
"That's beautiful. " Eli commented, showing his white case of teeth. I smiled and nodded proudly. 
"Okay. You're good. Now, uh. You got the idea. " Ren muttered quietly, weak. 

"What?"

"I.." 

"I'll take over. " Taemin placed his hand over my forehead. "Look. Star light works with the mind. You imagine what you want but.. it'll only work if the Starlight within you feels your heart is pure and intentions are good like used for protection. We use defense-like moves, protective, tiring the enemy then striking them with a soft move that only penetrates their weak point. Not enough to kill them. But enough, to weaken them greatly. " He explained. " Unlike us, Erian's kind uses offensive moves. So be careful. I've experienced an attack before.. " I watched him cringe. 

"Go go!" I heard Changjo call out. I see ______ walk quickly towards the bathroom. Eli and I rushed towards the bathroom. Ren called out behind us: Good luck! We'll try to fend off.. off.. Erian if ever. "

I waved and we kept our pace: quick and fast. ______, we're coming! 

[ Eli's POV ]

We practically lunged quickly behind her and when she turned, we dodged as we hid behind the wall. My breathing quickened, I was so nervous. But one thing was on my mind: Get ______ out of here and get her safe, making her mine once again. I closed my eyes and opened them, waiting for Kevin to give the signal.
“Go!” Kevin whispered. We ran towards ____ and grabbed her arms. She tried to scream but I covered and pulled her close to my face. Face to face, her eyes were filled with terror.
“_____! It’s me, Eli!” I urged, gripping onto her tightly. She shook her head and started mumbling, struggling to get out of my grasp.
“She won’t budge. We gotta get her somewhere else.” Kevin explained. That stirred ______ as she started to squirm roughly in my grasp. Kevin sighed and held her down also. “Let’s go!”
 

***
 

[Kevin’s POV]
“Yah. _____. You don’t remember us?” I asked, staring at her squirm in her seat. I can’t believe we had to tie her up. I sighed and stared at her glare back, not peeping a single word. She stared back at me with disgust.
 

“What do you want from me?” She snarled, struggling out of the chair. “Was it really necessary tying me up like this? Sheesh. Is this how you treat a lady?”
 

I rolled my eyes and tapped my feet against the ceramic floors. Aish, this girl. Okay, how do we—My eyes flickered to the side of the door and a dark figure was there.
“Who’s there?” I growled, walking in front of _____, shielding her. “Come out. Now.” I snarled. . I’m not ready yet. I don’t know how to work this.
 

Suddenly, everything went pitch black. I looked around hastily and tried reaching out for _____ but she wasn’t there. “Eli?” I called out. Nothing. No answer. My eyes were covered by an infinite darkness. There was nothing at all. I couldn’t see. Pitch black. I closed my eyes and felt a warm sensation on my head. In the palm of my hand was a ball of light. I held it and motioned the light around the room. There was nothing.
 

“I’m.. I’m not in the same room anymore.” I winced. Shoot. Erian must have separated us. “You better come out!” I growled. Nothing. I was alone.

***

[ Eli’s POV]
 

“Ke-Kevin?” I called out. I slowly walked through the darkness with the fear of hitting something. “____!” I found myself yelling her name. We were so close. Where the hell are you? I felt the anger rise to my head as I picture Erian’s smirk. This guy. If he..If he hurts her. I’ll kill him, I growled.
 

A sudden breeze flew through the canvas, as I was tackled to the other side of the room. The rippling pain ripped through my chest as I felt something pushing against me. Luckily, I moved out quickly, pushing the force off of me. I coughed out in pain and sank onto the floor. . I winced. Flash. Lights open, blinding me. I squinted my eyes and stared at a dark figure before me, smiling evilly. “Erian” I growled his name. “Where’s _____?”
 

“Pft. You mean my girlfriend?”
 

“Your girlfriend? off.” I winced, holding my chest. I knew something broke. Dammit. I can’t get up. “Just leave her alone. What do you want? Money? I could give you that.”

He scoffed out loud and stomped his foot: “I could get all the money in the world. Unlike you, I have the power and endless intelligence. So, shutup.” I snarled at him and gave him a menacing look, keeping calm as the pain increased.
 

I watched Erian pace back and forth. He smiled and halted, staring back at me. “Amused of seeing me here, weak?” I asked him with disgust. His sinister laugh chimed, and practically echoed in the large room. “Maybe.” He smiled. What caught my attention was his hands. In his hands, he was fiddling with something. Th-That’s…
 

“You noticed?” His eyes widened amusingly. He held up the chain I gave ______, the one with the star pendant.

"Did you know that.. Kevin gave her one exactly the same?" 

I stared at him blankly and let him continue. His fingers twirled in his own hair as he smirked. 

"You know.... ______ had some last moments as you-know. " He smiled deviously. "Being herself. Do you know who she called for before I erased her memories? Kevin. "

I felt my heart sink. Ke-Kevin? 

"You're lying. " I gritted my teeth. 

He laughed a reckless laugh that made my stomach get caught in a twist. He grabbed the back of my head, felt the roots of my hair tense. I winced and watched his dark orbs stare back into mine. His eyebrows knitted together and relaxed into a sinister smile. 

"Hmph. She called his name before I wiped her precious.." He whispered. "Precious, dear memories of her Kevin. " A growl escaped from my lips as I tried to maintain my composure, avoiding any proof of weakness. "Kevin's the one she kisses. Kevin's the one that always is by her side. It's Kevin. Kevin. Kevin. Kevin. There's no Eli, no space in her heart for you. Kevin took her. Kevin betrayed you. " 

"Kevin isn't like that. He isn't. "

"Denial. Weak. " He tugged my hair and let go. Walking towards the door, his lean back faced me. 

Hah, I heard. "Let your anger out. You know the truth. ______ likes him. Don't deny it, Ellison. " 

He snapped his fingers and Kevin appeared. Erian, disappearing in the darkness. Anger bubbled in my gut. 

***

[ Kevin's POV ]

"ELI!" I yelled. I walked quickly towards the injured Eli and helped him up. Soft painful mourns sounded the room. I observed his wound as he laid on the couch, "You're bleeding. " I ed his shirt and the wound was a deep pierce. He must have hit the corner of a table, something sharp. In an instant, I tore apart my sleeve, exposing my left arm and wrapped it around the bottom of his chiseled chest. He winced. Something about him.. 

"Eli?"

My eyes widened as I grasp his hand that gripped on my throat. E-Eli, I can't bre-breathe. 

"You.. Took her away from me. " Eli growled in pain. 

I tried pulling away from him but his grip was forcing me down to the ground. I winced and scratched his hand. No air.. My lungs screamed and twisted as they beg for oxygen. Dizzy. I was getting dizzy. His eyes.. Those weren't his eyes. His dark orbs glazed into a faded purple. I can't.. 

"You betrayed me. Taking _____. This .. Once she regains her memory, you're going to be the hero. You're going to take her away from me." 

"E-El" I managed to squeak out. Both of my hands pierced his large hand but it didn't affect him. 

"You.." Tears rolled down his face, dark circles around his eyes. He yelled in frustration and pushed me roughly against the coffee table. 

My lungs bursted, I started coughing in a relentless number. Eli stood up above me as he grabbed my collar once more. 

"E-Eli. Wh--"

"She called your name. " He stared at the ground. 

"What?" I asked weakly, gripping onto his wrist. 

"You were the one she called out for before losing her memories. She needed you. She didn't need me, but you, Kevin. "

"E-Eli. How do you..? Did Erian? " Then it popped. "Erian is just trying to get you to go against me. He's using you, Eli. He's not.. Don't believe him." 

His grip weakened and I fell to the ground, coughing out. I held my throat and stared at Eli, who shown an expression of pain that was new to me. I'm so sorry, I thought to myself. That Erian. I felt my hand lose its circulation as I balled my fist a bit too tightly. 

"We.. We'll sort this out later on. One thing that's important is _____. Come on, Eli, don't let Erian get to you. You know, you remember what I said about how I won't ruin your relationship even if my feelings for her is as strong as yours. I'm not that kind of person, Eli. I'm not going to lie to you and deny that I care for her too. But you should know that I would never hurt my best friend. " I watched the room illuminate as my eyes started to glow. I stared at the mirror across the room and watched every part of me radiate light. 

He nodded slowly and grabbed the hand I've extended. 

"Sorry, man. " He whispered quietly, one hand on his wound. 

"For what? Being a protective boyfriend? No worries. “I smiled. 

"Let's get ______. " 

"Let's. " 

*** 

"Erian!" I growled, approaching him with a rod that radiated with light. As Eli and I scanned all the room, we finally managed to find Erian, and managed to.. I stared at the glowing rod. Managed to make this thing appear. 

"Well. I guess my plan B didn't work, now did it?" He turned around and crossed his arms. "I guess.. I shall just use the last resort. "

"Last resort?" Eli growled. I shielded him, knowing that he wasn't in fact the state to defend or attack Erian. 

"If I can't have _____. What makes you think, you two will. " He smirked. 

"What?" I yelled, gripping onto the rod that throbbed with light. It radiate and pulsed under my grip, "You're not going anywhere!" I shouted as he lunged towards the window. 

I lunged and little did I know, I could literally run at incredible speed. I grabbed his collar and threw him across the room. Before hitting the wall, he managed to land back onto his feet, sliding backwards, not a single scratch on him. 

"Woah." Eli let out.

"You think you could beat me? You know... The more time you waste with me, the more _____ will disappear. " Erian explained, brushing the dust off his shoulder. His long dark hair flowed as the wind from the outside came into the room. 

"ELI! Go look for ____." I demanded, not looking back at him. 

Erian smirked and growled a low snarl that felt like a light tremor: "You think you can find her? Good luck. " 

"Shut up. " I lunged towards him, shifting my weight. Slashing my rod over him, he ducked. Successfully, kicking him to the wall as he was about to attack with his knife. I jumped away from the crash and prepared my rod with an automatic defensive stance. 

His body laid there lifelessly. He can't be brought down that easily.. I've learned enough to not let my guard down. His lifeless body began to fade. , I growled. I swirled around the room, the pulsing rod in my hand. 

"Come out, you ." I muttered. 

"You asked for it." 

I turned around and met with his dark purple eyes. I.. I can't move. The sound of a sharp knife echoed. No! 

***

[ Ren's POV ]

Ack! I gritted my teeth and hissed at Changjo's touch. 

"Stay still. Your wound is still fresh. We need to clean it up. " Changjo hissed back. 

"Hurry up! I need to help ____.. it's my fault.. I should have known that Erian.. That he was not human.. That.. " I choked and felt my throat go dry. 

"Yah. Minki-ah. It's not your fault. You didn't know. WE didn't know. Don't beat yourself up. " 

The door slammed. Both of our heads snapped and stared a pale Taemin. He was trembling with fear. 

"Erian.. He.. He's going to kill her. " 

"What?" I got up abruptly, yelling out in pain as a sharp pain shot through my body. 

"I don't know. But Eli ran by us just now. He's looking for ______. Erian called it the last resort. I..I'm scared. " 

Changjo went towards Taemin and patted his back as he trembled relentlessly. Of course, Taemin would be scared.. He hasn't been a star as long as we are. And.. But then again, I'm scared too. 

"Last resort.. We got to go. Let's go!" Despite the pain, I ran out the door, with my two companions behind me. 

***

[ Kevin's POV ] 

I felt my breathing quiver. I threw the rod across the room. I can't believe I.. . I ran my finger over my hair feverishly and roughly as the frustration sank into my mind. I let him escape. 

"Hah. Good luck. I think it's about time I made my leave." 

"I don't think so!"


But he used some damn thing to knock me back before I could catch him. Wind? Was it wind? Some force. Where is she? 

***


"Ren!" I yelled as I saw him running my way. 

"______. You got her?" Ren asked, with Taemin and Changjo following right behind him. 

"If I had her, she'd be here. What do you think?" I snapped. I took a pause and apologized: "I'm sorry. I'm just.. What .. What if Erian.. What if he.."

Ren shook his head: "She's alive. Erian could hurt but he would not hurt her now. He's not like that. "

"Then where the hell is she?" I found myself glowing with rage. 

Ren snickered and explained:

"We'll be able to find her. If Erian is away from a radius of 1000meters. We'll find her immediately without interruption. " 

"What?" 

"Star thing." Ren smiled cheekily. "It's going to take at least 15 minutes. "

"No." I slammed the wall. "Not 15 minutes. We need to find her now. "

Ren raise both of his hands and stared back at his friends.

”I'm going to need your help then. "

Both nodded. They joined hands and closed their eyes. 

I tapped my feet impatiently. Come on.. Come on.. Ren, Changjo and Taemin stood there, still as statues. Come on. Fear brought up to my spirit as I pictured ______ hurt, alone, lifeless. My heart pounded. 

"What's taking so long!?" 

Ren's eyes open wide as he glared. "You know we're stars not magical wizards. It takes time. We almost got it. "
l
He closed his eyes once again.. This time, it felt longer. It took him 5 minutes... 350 seconds.. 

"Kitchen. Banquet Kitchen!" Ren stated, their eyes flipped wide open, glowing with starlight. 
I ran down the hall. ______, I'm coming, baby girl. You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay. 

***

I leaned my back against the kitchen door and peeked through the circular window. No one in sight. I moved in the hot room and the scent of pasta overflowed. Different spices. Different breads. 

"_____?" I scanned the large kitchen. Where is she? She's not here. 

... Hm. "Look. Star light works with the mind. You imagine what you want but.. It’ll only work if the Starlight within you feels your heart is pure and intentions are good." I closed my eyes and pictured ______, her face, her smile, her eyes. Where is she? A sudden chill swept around me, almost freezing. Brr. I ran my hands to my arms for warmth. Cold. Freezing. Ice.

My eyes flickered to the large iron door. 

Kitchen's fridge. 

I opened the door. My heart let go and relaxed. Quickly, I took off my jacket and wrapped the frail body leaning against the cold surface, almost lifelessly. 

"______? ______?" I shook her a bit. "Wake up, baby girl. " Placing my hands on her arms, covering whatever skin exposed, I stared at her chilled face, her lips pink. That's a good sign. Feeling her pulse shot a feeling of relief through me. "Come on. Wake up. “I cradled her in my arms as I held her close to my warm chest, sharing my body heat with her. “Wake up. Come on!” I found myself, raising my voice at her. Don’t let me down.

Slowly, her long lashes flapped, showing her beautiful brown eyes. They were no longer the dark coal color. She blinked a few times slowly, unaware of where she is. 

"______.."  I let out, cradling her, soothing her quick breathing.

[ Your POV ]

Throbbing, pounding hit each wall of my brain. I stared at the person holding me, the light above that person blinded me. 

"Am.. Am I dead?" I blurted out weakly. 

A soft smile formed on the person's face. "No, baby girl. You're alright. You're alright. "

"Ke-Kevin?" I sat up slowly and stared at the angel beside me. 

His eyes were almost red, he smiled, relieved. His hand travelled to the back of my head as he pulled me in for a hug. "I thought I lost you. Do... Do you remember me?" I awkwardly leaned my head in the crook of his neck. It felt so right, my head fit perfectly.

"Remember you? Pabo. I'm not that dumb. Sheesh. “I whispered weakly, trying to bring a bit of playfulness to the serious atmosphere. I was still trying to figure out what happened, where am I?

"Thank goodness." His grip tightened. 

It felt like we've been in here for a long time. 

"Where are we anyways?" I pulled away from the long hug. 

"Fridge."

"Fridge?!" I asked, surprised. "What the hell are we doing in a fridge!?"

He let out a beautiful laugh and a smile bloomed on his face. 

"I'll explain everything later."

I grabbed his sleeve and stared at him. He let out a soft chuckle and placed his gentle hand on my own, holding it tightly for a moment. 

"Someone wants to see you. He's been worrying about you. Like really."

"What…exactly happened?" 

He paused and my hair. 

"Let's go back down. The group is worried about you. "

With no questions asked, I grabbed his hand for balanced and walked out of the cold room. 

I felt my brain still pound. But looking at Kevin, pain just flew away. 

What just happened?