Tattoo

Dazzling Wish

 

Previously

Without giving me an answer, Kevin pointed at the side of his neck. I closed up on him and stared at where he was pointing. There, on the side of his neck, was a tattoo? I didn’t know Kevin had a tattoo. I’ve been his fan for so long, I never knew. But… it seemed different from the rest. It wasn’t an ordinary tattoo. It was a star shaped and under the small star was a date and specific time. What’s this about?  I studied the date and realized. My jaw just dropped.

 

The date and the time placed on his neck were the same date and time that I have wished upon the star. Or in this case, the same date & time that I’ve wished upon Ren.

 

My eyes flickered to the young boy that was sitting on my front porch. And he smiled radiantly. He glowed, as if he himself was a star.

 

Omo.  He’s the star. The same bright star that I’ve wished on. No. It can’t be.

 

“I can tell both of you are confused. Come, come. I shall explain everything.” Ren smiled.

 

***

I tapped my fingers onto the wooden porch and layed my head against side of the porch. This is unbelievable. I can’t do that. I wrapped my scarf all over my neck again and sighed. I shifted my gaze towards Kevin, who was sitting beside me on the porch, speechless. I didn’t know what to say. It was just unimaginable. These kind of things don’t happen, I thought to myself. I shifted my body and faced Kevin’s side. I gazed at each feature of his face. His golden blond hair. His dark beautiful eyes. His long lashes. His red rosy lips. I shuddered in amazement. I never thought a human could be so beautiful. I mean, I’ve seen his photos from his photo shoots but I have always thought Photo Shop enhanced them. He’s so beautiful, I thought to myself. I inhaled the wind that blew towards me that consisted of the scent of Kevin’s skin. I shook my head and stared at the ground apologetically. If I hadn’t made that wish, he wouldn’t be this upset with me.

Flash back

“Alright! Let’s get to business!” Ren smiled. “Well, without further or ado. I’d like to introduce myself once again as Ren, your only shining star.”

Kevin scoffed out loud and muttered:

“This has got to be a joke. Her shining star? What are we in ? A fairytale?”

Ren coughed awkwardly and glared at Kevin. He reached for his satchel and took out his wallet. His hands shirted to the biggest pocket, and he pulled out an I.D.

“Here. My certified license.” He snapped his fingers and the I.D started to radiate with light and flew right in front of Kevin’s face.

Shocked, Kevin stared at the floating card with wide eyes, afraid to touch it.

“Woah!” I exalted in amazement. “It’s glowing and it’s floating!”

“It’s cool, isn’t it?” Ren smiled and laughed with pride. “I finally mastered my star levitation technique. Isn’t that cool?”

I nodded quickly and my eyes sparkled as I stared at the light that surrounded the floating card. I was in absolute awe.

“Okay Okay. We get it.” Kevin muttered. “Want to tell us what the hell is going on?”

Ren’s mouth formed into a pout and crossed his arms. Ren snapped his fingers once again, making the I.D disappear into thin air leaving stardust behind. It was absolutely dazzling.

“Well, I believe _____ tried to explain to you how you got here but you won’t believe her.”

Before Kevin could open his mouth, Ren raised his hand up for silence and continued:

“I am one of the shining stars, blessed with the power of granting wishes. And no, I am not some genie with three wishes. I only help those with a pure heart. And in this case, you, ______. On  May 12th, 2012. At 11:57pm. You have made a wish that your heart has always desired. A shot at love. And to be more precise! I have the whole wish written down by one of my assistants.”

Kevin and I both stared at each other and looked back at the significant being that was glowing in front of us. With the snap of his fingers, a soft paper made of silk appeared on my lap, with writing, beautiful calligraphy.

“What is this?” We both asked in unison.

“The contract and your wish written word by word.” He winked. “You may read it. You must read it. I have so much more to say, dear.”

Kevin snatched the silk paper of out my hands and his eyes scanned the calligraphy. He read out loud:

“Star light. Star Bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish, I wish tonight. Dear bright star, I’m fed up with all of this. I’m fed up with all my friends and their boyfriends. I’m always the oddball. Just once, I want a shot at love. Someone who could love me for who I am. It doesn’t have to be a lifetime, it could even just be 2 months. My prom is coming up, I want to show my classmates that I’m not longer the geek they could push around. It doesn’t hurt to have this simple wish right? It could be anyone. It could be one of my favorite idols for crying out loud----“

After reading that sentence, Kevin’s eyes flickered to my own and glared. I gulped and shifted my gaze away from him, earning a soft chuckle from Ren. Kevin continued:

“Haha, I’m just joking. Anyways. Sleep well, dear star. Goodnight.”

Once my embarrassing wish was all read, I felt my cheeks turned red and sweat trickled down my neck. This is just embarrassing and … bleh!

“Why couldn’t you wish for your first love or something?” Kevin muttered coldly.

I ignored his harsh question and diverted my attention to Ren.

“You could take him back. I mean, I was just desperate.”

Ren shook his head with disapproval. “I’m sorry but I can’t do that. You said it: two months. Kevin will have to stay with you for two months. AND!” He pointed at Kevin. “I can read your thoughts. You cannot run away.”

“W-Why not?!”

“You’ll disappear.”

“MWOH?” We both yelled out loud.

Ren pointed at Kevin’s tattoo. “That is very important. You must not run away. If you don’t see eachother within a range of 24 hours. Kevin Woo, you will disappear from the face of this earth. Ah! Ah! No swearing. I could hear your thoughts, remember?”

Kevin scoffed out loud. “What do you mean by disappearing?”

“Gone. Poof. Memories of you will be erased. It’ll be as if you were never born.”

“So, you’re telling me I have to see her at least once every 24 hours? Perfect! We’ll skype!”

“It’s not so easy. ______ has to do a simple procedure. That tattoo isn’t only a tattoo but a detection radar. ______ will have to….”

End of Flash back

“… kiss the tattoo upon your neck to make sure that you two are together. I’ll see you in 2 months!”

Sigh!  I can’t kiss him. I mean, I didn’t even have my first kiss. And Ren wants me to kiss his neck? Do you know how awkward that is!? I shook my head and kept gazing at Kevin. He is so beautiful. I smiled to myself and remembered the very first time I’ve “met” Kevin.  The first time I heard him sing ever since he was in XING.

“Do you actually believe that person?” Kevin asked, not looking back at me.

Before I could answer, Kevin kept going.

“Well, I don’t. At all. So I’m going to leave.” Kevin got off the park porch and started to walk away.

“W-WAIT!” I yelled, I ran after him and grabbed the back of his coat. “What if everything is true? What if you—“

“What? Disappear?” He chuckled out loud sarcastically. “Really? “

“Then what explains your tattoo?” I pointed at his neck.

“It’s probably some stupid fake one. He probably wrote it with a marker.” He tried rubbing the tattoo, but we both knew it wasn’t going to come off.

I shook my head and stared at his distraught face.

“I know it’s hard to believe. But… Then how do you explain you suddenly appearing in my room?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care. Look. I don’t believe that stupid Ren. And second of all, too bad for you. Maybe, the reason why you never had a boyfriend is because – well, look at you. You’re so plain and well…”

“Weird?” I spoke out, hurt.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes.  I was right. I’m  the problem. I’m just not… girlfriend material. At all. I turned away from Kevin’s glare and wiped my eyes quickly, I am not showing him my weak side. Not in this kind of situation.

“Fine.” I yelled.” If you disappear, then I don’t care! Disappear! Everybody will forget about you. The KISSMES, your family and I will to. Whatever. I know everything that happened so far doesn’t add up at all but we have to believe it. But if you’re just going to shoot your mouth without getting to know who I really am, I’d rather have you disappear.”

I never thought Kevin could be so cold. With the image of an angel and the fact that he never gets angry was shown onto the TV, I thought he was different. But I was wrong. What a jerk.

With that, I stomped off, leaving Kevin behind.

***

Hours later…

 

“______. Double date?” Christine smiled, holding Chanyeol by the hand.

“And who will be my date?” I scoffed, twirling my hair slowly, still thinking about Kevin.

“_____. Earth to ______.” Chanyeol  knocked on my head playfully.

I stared at him, eyes a bit watery.

“Hm?” I hummed.

“You seem to be in deep thought.. What are you breaking your head about?” Chanyeol smirked. “What is it? Another boy?”

I laughed out loud and punched my best friend’s boyfriend playfully. I shook my head and buried my head in my scarf. I wonder if Kevin is okay. It’s been around 20 hours.What if he really disappears?

­­­­­­"______?" Christine asked, with a worried expression.

I smiled at my best friend then at the corner of my eye, I noticed someone familiar. I squinted my eyes and through the café’s window was Ren. REN! The young boy’s head turned towards me and waved. Can you hear me? Ren nodded confidently and gestured for me to come out.

“Uhh. I’ll be right back.”

I rushed outside with my coat and met up with the radiant boy, who was still wearing the very same coat from the first time I met him.

 

“Where is Kevin?” Ren asked, concerned.

I shrugged.

“Yah!” He grabbed my arm. “This isn’t a joke, you know. You have an hour before Kevin Woo disappears. Do you want that?”

“How do I know this isn’t some scam?” I panicked.

Ren glared at me and handed me a watch: 48minutes remaining.

 

“This isn’t a scam. It’s your wish. The disappearing: it’s beyond my control.” Ren shook his head in disappointment.

“Aren’t you a star? Can’t you… I don’t know. Look from above and find out where he is? Can you detect his location by locating his tattoo?” I coughed because of the cold.

“I’m a star not some space rocket. I saw him earlier. At the Hampton hotel. He’s waiting for a taxi to bring him to the airport. I can transport you there but… “

“But what?” I stared at him sheepishly.

“I’m going to end up sleeping for two days. I’m going to miss BIGBANG’s concert!” Ren cried silently.

I hit his arm and glared at him. KEVIN’S MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. I yelled in my mind.

“Okay Okay! Do you have to yell?”

***

 

Suddenly, I found myself at the Hampton hotel. And I never thought I’d have to race against time. I stared the silver watch Ren gave me. 26 minutes remaining.

I scanned the area rapidly and there he was. Kevin was walking towards the Taxi.  No. No. No!  What will happen to your dream? I can’t let my pain affect your dream. I ran as fast as I could, he felt so far. Everything went so slow.

”Kevin!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. My eyes widened when I could have sworn I saw Kevin’s own figure appeared faintly. He’s actually disappearing. Doesn’t he notice!? Can’t he hear me?

I stretched my hand out and tried to reach for Kevin.

Come on! Please. You can’t disappear.