Let's Get On With The Introductions!

Dazzling Wish

“I love you, Kevin Woo. But… I can’t handle the pain any longer. I’ll send someone for my things.”

Before I let go, Kevin grabbed my waist abruptly, holding me tight.

“Please. Think over this. _____. I-I didn’t mean to hurt you. I never wanted to hurt you. I’ve been so insensitive. Forgive me.”

I shook my head over and over.

“Let go.” I whispered, almost pleading.

I felt his two arms weaken; his two arms fell as if there was no more strength for him to hold on. He looked up and gazed into my eyes with sorrow and great apology.

I couldn’t bear to look at him. If he kissed me there, I wouldn’t know what to do. Quickly, I grabbed my coat and walked out the door, without having Kevin follow.

 

***

“You’re so cute, I can just kiss you!” I heard my friend yell in excitement, pinching her boyfriend’s cheeks.I sighed out loud, and took off my glasses. How does she expect me to read this fan fiction if she’s there all… whatever couples do with each other?  I settled the laptop down onto my table and stared at them, giving them the evil eye. Both Christine and Liamstared at eachother, and stared back at me.  I glared and sighed out loud, one more time.

“What?” Liam muttered, holding his girlfriend with one arm.

“I’m trying to read but it’s kind of hard when all I hear is cheesy lines and whatever.” I pouted, putting back on my thick rimmed glasses. “Besides, it’s the best part! Couldn’t you guys keep silent for just a few minutes?”Christine glared at me and pouted, she placed her hand onto Liam’s chest and shushed him with her long finger. But of course, they eventually bursted out with giggles and laughter.

“Still reading your fan fiction? You should get a boyfriend!” She laughed jokingly. I sighed out loud once again and threw my glasses onto the table, making a huge THUD! sound. Both of them jumped up in shock and nodded apologetically.  Sigh. I gave up on reading the fan fiction.I’ll just read it at home, I thought to myself. I blew my bangs away from my eyes and watched the flirty couple in front of me. I would be lying if I say that I wasn’t jealous. There they are: holding each other and the only kind of skin ship I’d ever get close to is by reading fan fictions of my favorite idols. I took my Jansport bag and placed my laptop inside the bag, I should probably head home…

“Leaving already?” They both asked in unison, giving each other a hifive, amazed by their synchronization.

“Yeah, I have a lot of homework to do.” I lied. I’m actually just going to get away from you guys, I want to finish my fan fiction and fed up of being the third wheel. I wrapped my neck with my red scarf, getting myself ready for the cold winds of winter time.  I turned around and faced the couple, smiled and waved. “See you!” I left the coffee store, leaving the loving couple alone together.

***

Each step I took, I heard my steps make a crunching sound as I walk through the white snow. I love winter, the snow falls so gently here and the soft cold winds caressed my skin. I smelled the air and inhaled the scent of hot chocolate. Miam! I my lips, craving for the warm hot chocolate. I kept walking and stared at another couple walking my way, they were holding hands, matching scarves. They were in love, and I knew it. The woman’s smile wasn’t any ordinary smile. I couldn’t explain it. I scrunched up my nose in jealousy and diverted my eyes away from the pair. I hate seeing couples; I always end up feeling bad for myself. I always told myself that I’d wait for the one but I’ve grown impatient. What if there was no one out there for me? No one could accept my personality? Am I really that weird?  I shook my head in frustration and walked faster. I just want to go home.

***

“I’m home!” I yelled out loud. “Anybody home?” I walked into the kitchen and placed my Jansport back onto the granite table. I scanned the room but no one was in sight. “Mom?” I called out, waiting for an answer. I turned to the fridge, wanting to get some milk to warm it up. Then, I saw a post-it. I took it out hastily and read the beautiful writing on it:

“Hi Sweety! Your Dad and I went out for a dinner date! Don’t forget to sleep early! Love, Mom.”

Even my parents are out tonight, leaving their daughter alone in the house. Ugh! I crumpled the post-it and threw it at the recycling bin.  But I missed. I sighed out loud, today is getting very irritating, I mumbled sourly.  I took the laptop out of my bag and ran up the wooden stairs. I slammed my bedroom door and jumped onto the bed. “Where are you?” I whispered to myself. “Am I really that weird?” I cringed at the word, I hated that word. If I had a penny for each time I heard that word applied to me, I would be a billionaire! I punched the wall softly, angered. I layed down on the bed and reminisced.

Flash Back

Okay Okay. I can do this! I opened my eyes and inhaled slowly. I walked up to Ayden and held out a small gift box, filled with chocolates. He looked up at me and stared at the box, then back at my blushing face. My cheeks were burning.

“I, I, I, …” I stuttered, unable to find the right words.

“You what?” He looked around, scanning the room.

“I like you.” I whispered.

“Huh? I didn’t catch that.” He stared back at me and took the box out of my hands. I held my breath and exhaled again, mustering up my courage one more time.

“I like you. A lot. Ever since, I saw you last year.”  I stared at the ground and felt a hand on my shoulder. My head shot up and I smiled.

“That’s nice to hear…” He forced a smile. “But… I mean, I’m sorry. You’re a bit…”

I blinked and stared at his face, speechless.

“A bit weird. Please don’t tell anybody about this.” He bowed a 90 degree bow and walked away, taking the chocolate box with him.

I stood there, I felt my legs turn into jelly. I let myself fall onto the ground, scarred. Don’t you dare cry, _____. Don’t you dare! I stopped myself from crying and stayed there, until the night came. Am I really that weird?

End of Flash back

I smashed my head against the pillow, reminiscing the painful memories of getting hurt and getting rejected.  I let me face lay on the pillow. What is love? And no, not the song by EXO. I laughed to myself, pathetically. Sigh.  I turned over and stared at the window, showing the dark sky. I sat back up and just stared at the dark night sky, the moon lighting the dark streets.My eyes flickered to one of the brightest stars I’ve ever seen. Hmm. I stared back at the star and closed my eyes. It doesn’t hurt to make a small wish upon a star? Right?

“Star light, star bright. First star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might. Have the wish I wish tonight.”

I wished. We all know what my wish is, don’t you? A shot at love.

Once, I finished, I looked back up at the star. I laughed at myself pathetically once again, and face palmed. I must be one desperate girl, I shook my head. I’m so pathetic. As if this would work, I thought to myself. Goodnight, _____. Keep dreaming. I threw the blanket over my head, and fell asleep.

***

Next Morning

I felt the sun rays warm my face. Ugh. It’s already my morning? I asked myself, not even opening my eyes. I opened my eyes slowly, still keeping the same position and stretched. Hmm. “Morning.” I patted the person beside me, and stretched one more time. Then, I frozed.

….

..

.

Wait what. I rubbed my eyes hastily and stared at the person beside me.  I could have sworn I slept alone. I covered my mouth, to prevent from screaming and tried to calm myself. Oh my goodness. Is it a burglar? Wait. Then why would it sleep here? Oh no. It’s a ert. I crawled to the other corner of the bed, terrified. Okay. Okay. _____. Calm down. Alright, just go downstairs and run. No! The person might grab your leg. Oh god. I poked the figure that was under my red blanket with my foot. It didn’t even budge. Oh god. It’s dead. IT’S A CORPSE! I screamed mentally. I slowly got off the bed and took my tennis racquet that I keep under my bed and kept my eyes on the burglar. I stayed in the corner of my room, alert.

Few minutes passed, and nothing. It didn’t even move.

“What is going on?” I asked myself softly. I walked back onto the bed and stared at the hair that belonged the criminal that was sleeping soundly. I poked his hair and found myself it. “Such soft hair..” I restrained myself and pulled my hand away. For crying out loud, you’re a stranger’s hair.  Am I in the right home? I asked myself, confused.  I poked the back of its neck and it MOVED. I fell off the bed, banging my head against the floor.

“AISH!” I yelled out loud.

“Are you okay?” I heard my mom yell. “Do I need to come up?”

“NONONONO!” I yelled back. “ I … uh. Just dropped my hairdryer! Ha..Ha?”

Then silence.

I heard mumbling coming from my bed and a slow yawn. Oh goodness. It’s awake. It’s going to kill me. I didn’t even find get married yet, nor have kids. This is how I’m going to die, isn’t it? I cried to myself mentally.  I slowly poked my head over the mattress, only to be met by another pair of eyes. We both just stared and screamed: “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I covered my face and fell again on my back. “Don’t kill me!” I pleaded.

“K-Kill you? What are you doing in my bedr--- Wait. Where the hell am I?”

I took my two hands off my face and looked up slowly at the person. And this person wasn’t an ordinary person…

It was Kevin. Kevin from U-KISS. My jaw dropped.

What…

What’s going on here?