Chapter 8:

Mystery

“Bye…See you tomorrow.” Yuri said to Tiffany and Sunny. “Who are you waiting for?” Sunny asked. “I am waiting for Taecyeon…I’m going to his house as he would be teaching me how to cook.” Yuri replied. “Bye.” Tiffany said as she and Sunny left. “Oh…Taecyeon is fast. Yuri is going to learn cooking from Taecyeon. Does that mean Yuri really gave up all hopes to be with Yunho?” Tiffany asked. “I hope she does get over. Yunho may be a legendary prince…but he can never give the love Yuri needs.” Sunny replied. “Yuri…I am sorry for being late.” Taecyeon apologized. “It is okay. Teacher just ended class too. Let’s go…and what dish are you teaching me?” Yuri asked excited.

 

“Let’s cook Sushi as a beginning.” Taecyeon said which made Yuri very excited. “Let’s go, hurry.” Yuri rushed Taecyeon. Yunho saw Yuri pulling Taecyeon and running off. “What is this girl up to? Why is she running so fast?” Yunho thought. “Can you believe it that girl from the last class just confessed to our prince not long ago and now running off with another guy? That guy is very handsome. Isn’t…he…our school’s second prince?” Girl 1 said. “Are you kidding? I heard that prince no.2 loved to have a low profile. Hence, nobody really knows who he is.” Girl 2 said. “I am very sure…he is prince no.2…”Girl 3 said. Yunho overheard their conversations.

 

“That boy, Taecyeon…is our school’s prince no.2? But, why is he so attracted to Yuri?” Yunho thought as he walked home. “Yunho, where is Yuri?” Mrs. Jung asked as Yunho entered the house. “She…I not sure…I saw her pulling another guy and running off.” Yunho replied before walking up to his room. “What? Yuri likes another guy?” Jung min and Mrs. Jung said sadly. “My Yuri…” Jung min added.

 

“Wow…nice kitchen. And Taecyeon I never knew your house was so big.” Yuri said with awe. “Oh…you are the first girl I brought to my house.” Taecyeon blushed. Yuri was speechless. “Let’s start then. First, let’s cook rice.” Taecyeon said breaking the silence. “This are rice grains, you have to wash the rice first.” Taecyeon said as he taught Yuri. “Oh~” Yuri said. “After that place the pot in the rice cooker, and let it to cook. Slice the cucumber and carrot thinly and put it aside. ” Taecyeon continued. “Yuri…have you gotten over…Yunho?” Taecyeon suddenly asked. “…I’m trying…” Yuri replied.

 

“Then…can you give me a chance to help you forget him?” Taecyeon continued. “Is…this…a…confession?” Yuri stammered. “You can consider it as one.” Taecyeon said. “The rice is cooked. Let’s continue the next step.” Yuri changed topic. “Yuri…” Taecyeon called. “Could you give me some time to think about it?” Yuri asked feeling uneasy. Taecyeon sensed that Yuri was feeling uncomfortable. “Let’s do the next step. Place the seaweed on the cutting board. And spread the rice onto the seaweed. Next, place the carrot and cucumber on the rice. And roll it.” Taecyeon said. Yuri followed his instructions closely. “Well done, Yuri…for a first timer…it is very pretty.” Taecyeon praised.

 

“Really?” Yuri asked. “Can I pack some home?” She continued. “Sure.” Taecyeon said as he took out a container from the cabinet and cut the sushi into pieces. “Thank you so much…Taecyeon. I learn a lot.” Yuri said as she was preparing to leave. “Yuri…thinks about the question I asked just now.” Taecyeon said. “Okay…” Yuri said as she left.