C16

Mystery

“…I…saw Taecyeon entering the dance studio…and I saw this girl dancing…at first I could not recognize it was you…” Yunho confessed. “Oh…You saw me dance…I dance very bad…actually not really wanting to attend the competition but Taecyeon, Tiffany and Sunny wants me to join them in the competition…” Yuri blushed. “Taecyeon will be joining too?” Yunho asked. “Yah…he is a very good dancer…” Yuri nods her head. “Oh…then he would be my competitor…” Yunho said sadly. “You are joining the competition too?” Yuri asked shocked.

 

“Why can’t I? Or do you think that your boyfriend will confirm win the competition?” Yunho said coldly. “I…I…did not mean that…but I was thinking…that you would think this kind of competition is a waste of time.” Yuri explained. “It is true…it is a waste of time…but no way am I going to let you and Taecyeon go Paris together alone.” Yunho thought. “Do you know what the reward is?” Yunho asked. Yuri shrugged. “I join the competition to learn not for its rewards.” Yuri continued.

 

“Eh…this few months staying over at my house…despite being irritating or should I say annoying but it was quite a fun experience.”Yunho said as he left to his room. Yuri smiled before entering her room and taking the blue box out. “Yunho…this is a present for you…” Yuri said as she left it at the door. When Yuri entered her room then Yunho came out to see the present.

 

“Thanks…Yunho…I know I caused a lot of troubles at your house…but thank you for being so tolerant on me…:)” Yunho read the card after closing the door and opening the blue box to see a necklace with the letter “Y” on it. “Thank you.” Yunho whispered. He opens his wardrobe and took out an identical box but different in colour.

 

“Should I give it to her? I feel it is a coincidence for both of us to be exchanging the same gift. The sales lady told me that it was a limited edition necklace. One is for the guy and the other is for the girl…maybe this is what people like to call it ‘fate’…” Yunho said before deciding to give it to Yuri if she won the competition.

 

The next morning, “Yuri, can you have lunch at our house before moving back to your house?” Mrs. Jung pleaded. Yuri nods her head. “Thank you aunty…” Yuri said before leaving the house for school. Yunho followed Yuri, “I will miss your family a lot…they have given me a lot of warmth…especially your mother…she gave me this feeling that I am her daughter…” Yuri said happily. “Where is your mother?” Yunho asked. “She…passed away…when I was 5 years old…” Yuri said while tears flow down her eyes.

 

She immediately rubs it away and said, “But…thanks to the people around me…I am able to be this happy.” Yunho was speechless because he had open up her wound. “See you after school…can we walk home together…for the last time?” Yuri asked despite knowing it would be a “no”. Yunho lightly nods his head before walking to class. “Were my eyes playing a trick on me? Did he just agree?” Yuri said rubbing her eyes again.

 

“Yuri…do you want to come over my house to bake cookies?” Taecyeon asked. “I can’t today…I am busying moving house…” Yuri replied. “You are moving back to your own house already? Do you need any help?” Taecyeon asked. Yuri shakes her head rejecting the offer. “How is your preparation for the upcoming dance competition and drama competition?” Yuri asked changing topic.

“Okay…just need to practice a little more.” Taecyeon replied. “Yunho is also joining the dance competition…” Yuri told Taecyeon. “What? Are you sure is the same Yunho we both know? He never participate this events before…this is his first time.” Taecyeon said shocked. “How did you know?” Yuri asked. “He…was the same school as me since high school.” Taecyeon replied with a glum look.

 

“What is Yunho thinking? What makes him interested in joining the competition?” Taecyeon thought.

“Oh…Taecyeon want to practice dance together during break?” Yuri asked. Taecyeon nods his head happily. “See you later at break…” Yuri waved as she left for her class. “Where did the lovebirds went to just now?” Sunny suddenly scared Yuri. “Sunny! Why did you scare me like this? And what lovebirds are you talking about? Taecyeon and I only went for a walk around the school….we were talking about the dance competition…Do you know that Yunho is also joining it?” Yuri explained.

 

“Oh…And what Yunho is also joining?” Tiffany exclaimed. “Oh no…Taecyeon will have a lower chance of winning…” Sunny sigh. “Why? Taecyeon is quite a good dance…” Yuri supported Taecyeon. “But…Yunho had a nickname…he was called the dancing king…” Tiffany explained. “How come I never knew that? It is okay…I have faith in Taecyeon.” Yuri smiled. “Let’s have a bet…” Sunny suggested. “Okay…I vote for Yunho.” Tiffany said. “I vote for…Taecyeon…” Yuri said.

 

“O-Kay...I am voting for Yunho too…Sorry Yuri…” Sunny said. “The rule of the bet is…the loser owns the winner one favor…it means that the winner can order the loser to do something. It depends on the winner.” Sunny explained. They all nod their head in agreement. “The competition will begin in two more days and will end next week.” Tiffany said while they walk to their class.

 

“Taecyeon…come on let’s practice. I heard your opponent is very strong…but I have faith in you…” Yuri said pulling Taecyeon to the dance studio. “Oppa…you saw that wretch…she was pulling prince no.2 around…who does she think she is?” Ara whined. “Ara…can you stop making a din here? And who is the wretch? She has a name okay?” Yunho said coldly. “Oppa…did you just side…her?” Ara exclaimed. “Whatever.” Yunho said walking quickly to his counsel meeting.

 

“Why is she helping him win the competition?” Yunho thought angrily. “What song will you be dancing?” Taecyeon asked. “Maybe…I will dance 1, 2 step…Then what song are you dancing?” Yuri said.  “I…I…maybe will dance the song ‘without you’…” Taecyeon replied. “Okay…Let’s practice…” Yuri and Taecyeon plug in their mp3 and got into position before starting to dance.

 

Yunho walked past the dance studio after his meeting seeing them dance… “Yuri…I will confirm win Taecyeon in this competition…that day you confessed to me are you telling me it was all a lie?” Yunho thought before walking off angrily. “Taecyeon…this song suits your style…just improve a little at the ending…” Yuri commented.  “Yuri…your dance has to be a bit bolder to express the music of it…” Taecyeon commented too. They both nod their head before leaving to their next class.

 

“I am going to try my best to score for both subjects and the competition.” Yuri thought giving the fighting sign as she entered the class. She took out her books and started to write notes attentively. “Yuri…can you help me pass this folder to class 1? “ Her form teacher pleaded.