C32

Mystery

Five years later,

“I’m back from America!” Yuri said happily as she pulled her luggage with her. “Do you really miss this place a lot? Better than America?” He asked Yuri as he held Yuri’s hand while walking towards the gate. “Despite being five years away…The memories are still fresh in my head. It seems as though it all happened yesterday.”

Yuri said as she looked up preventing the tears from falling once again. Every time Yuri remembers the past, there will be a gush of sorrow overflowing. 

 

“Hey! Don’t forget we are only staying here for 2 weeks! We have lots of work waiting for us!” He said trying to change the topic. Yuri just lightly nods her head. “Yuri-ah! Cheer Up! Let’s go and book a hotel first then we can go and look for your friends!” He said and pulled Yuri towards the taxi-stand. “I’m so tired! Yuri-ah! Could you go out on your own? I will meet you in the hotel at 7 for dinner!” He said as he lied on the bed and immediately fell asleep after. Yuri laughed at his cuteness. She took a cab to her house first before dropping off at the place where many memories were with him. She wanted to take a step forward and press the bell. However, fear prevented her to do so. From the house, she walked one step at a time remembering the days she walked down the lane with him to school.

 

“Who is she? She is so pretty! Is she a student in our school?” Students whispered among each other as she ignored the crowd and walked into the school compound. She walks to her class, then to his class, then walking to the dance studio, then to the hall, then to her favorite spot. She sat at her favorite spot: The big tree located directly opposite the canteen. “I love you! I hate you!” The words she craft on the tree in small font size that time. The tears she been trying to resist has slowly fallen down from her face. “Seon-sangnim! That is the girl!” A girl pulled her teacher to where Yuri was.

 

 “Excuse me? Are you a new student here? I am a teacher here. I can lead you to the school office to register.” The teacher said as he tapped her shoulder lightly. Yuri immediately wiped her tears and slowly turns around to face the teacher to explain. “You!?!?!?!” They both chorused. “Seon-sangnim? You know her?” The girl asked. “Tracy, I will handle this girl, you may return to your class for lesson.” He said politely to the girl. The girl left them alone immediately. “When did you come back?” He asked her. “Today. You are a teacher here?” Yuri asked. He nodded. “It has been five years since we last met and this is how we are meeting after five years.” He said trying to lighten the mood. “You…You have changed a lot, Yunho.” Yuri said as she turned and faced the tree instead. “You too! You have become more beautiful than before.” Yunho said. “I have something on now, will see you another day!” Yuri said trying to run away. Yunho immediately pulled her hand. “How long are you staying in Korea? Can we meet tomorrow night for dinner? This is my number.” He said as he quickly scribbled numbers on her palm. “Two weeks. I’m not sure.” Yuri said as she ran off.

 

“Why can’t I let go of the past?” Yuri said as she cried. She took a cab back to the hotel. As she lied on her bed, she looks at the numbers on her palm. “Should I call him or not?” Yuri was still thinking.”Who’s he?” A voice startled Yuri. “Hey! Don’t scare me like this!” Yuri said. “Who’s he? Is he your first love? Or is it something to do with your past? Or…” He continue saying. “None of the above! Don’t be a busybody and go back to your room! We have to prepare for tomorrow’s important meeting at the headquarters.” Yuri said pushing him out of the room.

 

The next morning,

“Sleepyhead! Wake up! We are going to be late for our meeting!” He shouted in her ears. Yuri could not sleep the whole night as she was thinking whether to call or text him till 4am. “I want to sleep some more!” Yuri whined.  “Come on!” He said as he dragged her out of her bed. “You’re so mean!” Yuri said as she stomped to the bathroom as he wandered around the room. He saw a piece of paper under her phone with a number scribbled on it. He dialed the number.

“Yobeoseoyo? I am Yunho.”

“This is Yuri’s phone. How are you related to her?”

 The line ended. “Who is he? Yunho?” He thought. “He…Who is he? How is he related to Yuri? Is he her boyfriend?” Yunho thought as he tossed in bed. “Yuri-ah! Who is Yunho?” He shouted which made Yuri open the door with a shock face. “How do you know Yunho?” Yuri asked shock. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Yuri was suspicious as she checked her phone. “SIWON!!!How dare you call him?” Yuri shouted. “I’m sorry! Curiosity killed the cat!” Siwon said as he ran away. “I will deal with you later lets go for the meeting now!” Yuri said as she wore her heels.

 

 

--------------

Hey chingus! I worried lately my updates are unlike by many :( pls give me comments to guide me along... Thank you so much! :) and this chapter is for all of you including my sick friend :)