Chapter 13:

Mystery

The next morning, Yuri woke up and walked towards the kitchen unstable. “Yuri, you are awake. Why did you not sleep longer?” Mrs. Jung asked worriedly as Yunho and Jung min was looking at Yuri. “I’m fine, aunty. I am going to school.” Yuri said. “Yuri, you are still unwell. Why don’t you rest at home? Is there something important you have to do in school? I can ask Yunho to help you.” Mrs. Jung asked. “She wants to see her boyfriend that’s why she is so persistent to go to school.” Yunho said hiding his jealousness.

 

“It is not true. I…just…okay…I will stay at home today.” Yuri said not sure how she would ever win over Yunho. Yunho smirked. “Yunho, tell Yuri’s teacher that she is sick hence cannot go to school.” Mrs. Jung said. “Aunty it is okay. I will call my friend to inform because no one knows I am staying at your house. There will be chaos if the school finds out.” Yuri said worriedly. “I am going to school.” Yunho said taking his bag and leaving. “Aunty, I am going back to my room to rest.” Yuri said politely before going upstairs.

 

“So…Yuri is worried that the school would find out. Does her boyfriend know that fact yet? I wonder what his reaction is if he found out.” Yunho said smirking before entering the school. “Tiffany, I caught a cold. Can tell teacher and…Taecyeon?” Yuri called Tiffany. “Sure…can we go and visit you?” Tiffany asked. “No…cannot…Erm…it is not convenient…you know I am staying at my dad’s friends house.” Yuri said trying to not spill the beans. “O-Kay…Get well soon.” Tiffany said before hanging up the phone.

 

“Yuri called to say she is down with the cold, not coming to school.” Tiffany told Sunny. “Let’s go to visit Yuri then.” Sunny asked. “She said don’t because it is not convenient. I find it suspicious, ever since Yuri moved house she never told us anything about the family she is staying with.” Tiffany said. “I agree…never mind will ask her tomorrow.” Sunny said as they entered the class.

 

“Sunny, where is Yuri?” Taecyeon asked as he entered Yuri’s homeroom. “She is unwell. She is now resting at home. ” Sunny said.  “Oh…do you know where she is staying?” Taecyeon asked. “Even you don’t know where she stays? She never told us.” Sunny replied honestly. “O-Kay…I will be leaving now then.” Taecyeon excused himself politely. “I remember she told my chauffeur to drop her near the subway. She must be staying around there. Will go and find out myself.” Taecyeon thought as he walked past Yunho with a glare. Taecyeon could not forgive Yunho for how he treated Yuri.

 

Taecyeon chauffeur came to fetch Taecyeon and drove him to where Yuri was alighted that day. “You can go now…I will call you to pick me up later.” Taecyeon thank the chauffeur before closing the door. Of all people, he saw Yunho walking towards the direction Yuri walked that day. “It is coincidence that they are staying nearby each other.” Taecyeon thought as he followed Yunho all the way to Yunho’s house. He decided to call Yunho and asked whether he know where Yuri stays. He pressed the intercom and heard a voice.

 

“I am Taecyeon, Yunho’s schoolmate. I need to look for him to ask something.” “Please come in.” The voice through the intercom replied.  Mrs. Jung led Taecyeon to the dining room where Yunho was eating his lunch. “Thanks, Aunty.” Taecyeon bow politely.

 

He walked towards Yunho. “Do you know where Yuri stays?” Taecyeon asked. “Should I say or not?” Yunho pondered before being cut by somebody.