Chapter 11:

Mystery

Soon, everyone in the school knows about the relationship of Yuri and Taecyeon. “That girl is very desperate. She was rejected by Yunho and now going for Taecyeon; the no.2 prince in our school.” Girl 1 said. “I agree, what a desperate girl.” Girl 2 continued. Yuri received lots of stares and felt uncomfortable. Taecyeon held Yuri’s hand tighter to assure her. “Yuri, I am sorry.” Taecyeon apologized, “It is not your fault.” Yuri smiled. “Yuri, stand here and wait for me.” Taecyeon said as he left Yuri standing at the school field.

 

After 10 minutes of waiting, a voice was heard from the PA system. “Hello… testing…I am Taecyeon. Some may know me; I am officially dating Yuri now. I know many may think that Yuri is desperate after being rejected by Yunho. But…the truth is I was the one chasing after Yuri all this time before finally being accepted. I love Yuri from the beginning. So, please do not hurt the girl I love.” Taecyeon announced before limping quickly back to Yuri.

 

Everyone was staring at Yuri. Yuri was embarrassed. Suddenly, someone held on to her hand. “Taecyeon…why must you announced to the whole school? I am feeling very embarrassed.” Yuri said hiding her face with her hands. “I am giving all the guys and girls in our school a warning and protecting my princess.” Taecyeon said suddenly embracing her. Yunho heard the PA system and was not sure why but felt angry and irritated that Yuri accepted someone else other than him.

 

“I bring you home?” Taecyeon asked. “No…is okay…your leg is injured. You have better go home immediately.” Yuri said concern and worried that Taecyeon would find out that she is actually staying under the same roof as Yunho. “I will call my chauffeur and fetch us.” Taecyeon said. Yuri sighs in defeat. After a few minutes, the chauffeur fetches both Taecyeon and Yuri. “Where do you stay, miss?” The chauffeur asked. “Can please drop me off at the nearest subway? I can walk home.” Yuri replied.

 

The chauffeur looked at Taecyeon. “Yuri, why not let him bring you straight home?” Taecyeon asked. “It is okay. It is more convenient for me.” Yuri replied while Taecyeon faced the chauffeur and nods his head. Yuri got off the car and thanked both the chauffeur and Taecyeon before closing the door with a smile. “Sir, it has been a long time since you smiled. You must have really loved that girl a lot. ” The chauffeur said. Taecyeon nods his head reminiscing how he met her.

 

[Flashback]

“Where is your parent?” A girl around 6-years old asked smiling looking at the boy who was around her age looking sad. She took out a sweet from her bag and gave the boy. “A sweet engulfed all sadness.” She said before walking off. “Wait, what is your name?” The boy suddenly shouted. “My name is Yuri.” She replied. “I am Taecyeon.” He said. The girl smiled at him before leaving.

 

He was not lost from his parents but ran out of the house to the nearby playground as his parents were quarreling. He met a girl around his age so cheerful and fell in love with her love at first sight. After that day, that girl would always meet him at the same place and gave him a sweet. After a few days, his family decided to migrate to America. The boy lost contact with the girl.

 

Many years passed, the boy decided to return to Korea to continue his studies still missing the girl. On the first day of college, he was lost and was walking everywhere to find the office. He bumped onto a girl. “I am sorry. Are you okay?” He asked the girl as he offers her a hand. The girl smiled and asked, “Are you new here?” He nods his head shyly as the girl was beautiful. “I will bring you to the office.” She offered while he followed her closely. “What is your name?” She asked breaking the silence. “I am Taecyeon.” He replied. “Why does everyone I meet have the same name as you?” She asked. “Oh…maybe it is a coincidence. What is your name?” He replied. “Hi, my name is Yuri.” She said.

 

“Yuri? Do you know a boy when he was around 6-years old and gave a candy to?” Taecyeon asked to confirm whether the girl was who he knew. “Erm…yes…how did you know? Are…you that boy?” she asked. He nods his head.

 

[End of Flashback]