Invitation

The Other Girl

 

"No, Heejin-ah! Like this!" And Yoomi showed her how to do it for the fifth time.
 
The girl tried her best to follow, but she just tangled her feet and fell in the end. "I can't do it," she sobbed.
 
"I've been teaching this to you for three years already, girl!" She laughed, "Two left feet, that's what you have. Come on, again!"
 
Teen Top, Yoomi, and Heejin are, as usual, in their dance studio and while the boys were having their break, Yoomi decided to try to move heaven and earth once again and teach Heejin how to dance. Though the challenge is harder than it seems.
 
Heejin fell on her again. "I really can't do it, Yoomi-ah. Let me stick to drawing, please~"
 
"No way!" The dancer crossed her arms.
 
"Hey! I don't force you to learn how to draw!" The painter pouted.
 
L.Joe chuckled and stood up, "You're not even teaching Heejin the basics, Yoomi-ah. How do you expect her to learn your level of dancing in one go?"
 
Heejin hurriedly stood up and ran to L.Joe, hiding behind him, peeking at Yoomi like a little kid, "Byunghun's right!"
 
"Aish, fine! Come on, then: basics!" Yoomi did a flawless split, which never fails to surprise Heejin.
 
"THAT'S NOT BASIC!" she shrieked.
 
"The key to contemporary dance, or any dance for that matter, is a sense of rhythm and flexibility. Come on!" She stood up and went to Heejin, dragging her by the hand to the middle of the room. Heejin looked at L.Joe for some kind of rescue, but he just laughed like the rest of Teen Top and sat back down. "Okay, Heejin-ah: sit on the floor and open your legs as far as you can go."
 
Heejin defeatedly did as she was told. She opened it, but it wasn't even near the perfect 180-degree split Yoomi can do. Yoomi tutted.
 
"That won't do. Put your palms down in front of you." She did as told. "I'm gonna try to push your legs out more, araseo?"
 
"Mwo? NO!" Too late: Yoomi already stared using her feet to drag Heejin's legs further from where they were originally. Heejin shut her eyes and started screaming for help as Yoomi dragged the other leg. It's not yet close to a 180-degree split, but it seemed as if Heejin's on the verge of crying.
 
"Stop it, Yoomi, let it go for today." L.Joe slowly pulled first one, then the other leg back to Heejin's starting position. Heejin opened her eyes, surprised at the sudden absence of pain. "Shake your legs and pull them together." She did as told. "Does it still hurt?"
 
"Not so much anymore," Heejin smiled, then stood up. She faced Yoomi and pouted, "No more dancing, please?"
 
Yoomi laughed and hugged her best friend, "No more intense dancing. I'll start from the very very basic next time." She smiled at Heejin and then looked at Teen Top, "Break's over. Back to practice!"
 
 
 
Heejin curled up in her corner of the dance studio and picked up her sketch pad and pencil, starting to draw a sketch of Niel dancing. Suddenly, she received a text.
 
From: Joon sunbae
Heejin hoobae! Do you have any time today? Wanna hang out with me and MBLAQ? ^^
 
Well, I'd love to, but... Heejin looked up at L.Joe. He was practicing his dancing looking all charismatic, as usual. She remembered his words from a month ago.
 
'...don't go to him when you have a choice not to, okay?'
 
 
 
Joon received a message just as he put on his jacket.
 
From: Heejin hoobae
Mianhaeyo, sunbae, but I can't leave where I am right now... Maybe next time ^^
 
He furrowed his eyebrows as he read the text over and over. She must be with that L.Joe dude.
 
 
 
Heejin received a message a while later, as she was drawing in the smaller, finer details in her drawing.
 
From: Joon sunbae
Araseo hoobae ^^ Next time! ^^
 
Heejin smiled, I thought it would be difficult to say no to sunbae. See, he's a nice guy. She went back to drawing.
 
 
 
Teen Top finished practicing a few hours later, and they all went to a noodle house nearby to get dinner.
 
"Wah, nothing like good noodles after practicing," Ricky happily sighed as he ate his warm bowl of noodle suop.
 
"It's not like we practice every day like when there are competitions," CAP laughed.
 
"Still! We practice for an entire week!" Changjo exclaimed as if he was being held against his will.
 
"Shut up maknaes, just eat," Niel tutted, shaking his head, smiling.
 
"Let's not forget the attempt to teach Heejin how to dance today," Chunji laughed.
 
Yoomi looked at Heejin in mock menace, "I will teach you how to dance one day, Nam Heejin."
 
The painter rolled her eyes, "And I will teach you how to draw one day, Song Yoomi."
 
The two looked at each other in mock anger, until Yoomi remembered something. She immediately brightened up. "OH! Mir texted me and asked if I wanted to hang out with him and MBLAQ sunbaes today!"
 
"Joon sunbae texted me the same thing!" Heejin's eyes went wide.
 
The obvious shock -- along with another unnamed emotion -- was evident in both L.Joe and Chunji's faces.
 
"Jinjja?! I wanted to, but it's family night tonight, and I have to be home soon since we'll be starting our movie marathon," the dancer pouted. Chunji quietly sighed in relief. "You?"
 
Heejin looked at L.Joe, who raised his eyebrows, then looked back at Yoomi. "I have to finish studying for the exams."
 
L.Joe inwardly beamed. She didn't forget this time.
 
"Bummer. Oh well, we should hang out with them one day!" Yoomi beamed and continued eating her noodles.
 
 
 
 
 
"You didn't forget what I told you," L.Joe said as he and Heejin walked home after dinner.
 
She smiled, "I don't fergot everything you tell me, Byunghun-ah."
 
"Good." L.Joe beamed, satisfied. I can't imagine how frustrated I'd feel if you said yes to him.
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
I know; the ending is lame. But I had a different ending in mind, I just didn't go with it... yet. -mock evil laugh-
 
Thank you so much to those who answered my blog post here! I really appreciate it ^^
Double updates everyweekend start next week, yeah? ^^
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@AnnaOnew: Does everyone have no good vibes for Joon? :)))) At least she didn't go with him this time :))
@Seonriyong: BYUNGJIN! That's what I was thinking of too! ^^ Aigoo dongsaeng, you just know what will happen =)) SARANGHAEEEE~