My Letter To You

My Favorite Dongsaeng

Mia’s POV

Suzy and I sit in the seats that Gongchan saved for us before the concert starts. We sit through a majority of it before B1A4 finally makes their appearance. Gongchan already told me that they’re going to sing ‘Beautiful Target’ and ‘OK.’ Gongchan said that I should specifically listen to ‘OK’ for some odd reason, but okay. He also said that he was going to look for us, although I know that he already knows where we are since he picked out the seats.

“You have the best boyfriend,” Suzy says into my ear while the emcees are announcing who is going to be on next.

“He’s not my boyfriend,” I comment.

“Of course he’s not,” she says rolling her eyes. “He likes you, though. Why don’t you like him back?” I don’t say anything to her comment, I’m just going to act like I didn’t’ hear her. “Oh, someone’s not saying anything; does that mean that you like him?”

“Maybe,” I say shrugging my shoulders and not giving her the satisfaction of me actually saying it.

“Someone likes him,” she pokes me. “Wait, your boyfriend is coming on.”

I’m about to retort something, but the music for ‘Beautiful Target’ starts up and I’m unable to say anything.

The boys take their place on the stage and I can see Gongchan looking to see if he can see us as he gives a little wave. For some reason, the Gongchan that’s my oppa doesn’t seem to fit this idol image. I just think he’s a little dorky.

Suzy and I laugh while they dance and look like they’re having a great time on stage. It makes me feel like I’m having fun with them. Suzy already knows all of their songs and dances so she dances in her seat and tries to get me to go along with her, but I just end up failing miserably.

They do their little dance where they swing their leg or when they run and point out to the crowd and I feel as though Gongchan is pointing at me the whole time, but I quickly dismiss it. Every time Suzy sees it she tugs onto my arm to show me that he’s pointing at me, but I just shake my head and continue watching the performance. As much as I wish that he were looking and pointing at me, I’m just going to imagine that he’s doing it to one of his fans.

Finally, the song ends and ‘OK’ starts up. It’s the song that Gongchan wants me to listen to. As we were walking to our seats, Suzy told me that he’s about a guy doing everything for a girl and she insisted that I have to be the girl, but I just quickly dismissed her like I’ve already done a thousand times before. There’s no way that he likes me, he’s just an oppa. Even if I like him, that doesn’t mean that he has to like me back.

The music for ‘OK’ plays as the boys joke around leaving Sandeul to go to the other side of the stage to play a game as he starts singing.

 

We were connected at first sight, you and I

Love me, love me, love me, love me, love me, baby

We exchange messages secretly

Tell me, tell me, tell me now

 

As Sandeul stops singing, Suzy pokes me to show me that Gongchan keeps looking at me to make sure that I’m listening. As Jinyoung starts singing, I poke her and tell her that he’s singing for her and her face turns red. Does she like him?

 

The boys droll as they look at you

Love me, love me, love me, love me, love me, baby

Fall completely into your innocent glamour

Show me, show me, show me now

 

Why is it that your breath sounds like a spell?

There’s no way to avoid you, you amazing person

 

OK girl, just for you yes man, I’ll do anything

OK girl, from now I’m yours

I love you

 

I’m your boy (you’re my girl)

Forever you have me completely

OK girl, from head to toe

I love you

 

As Baro raps, he looks really cool and all of the members seem to be having a lot of fun as they start singing once again. Slowly, I think I may understand a little as to why Gongchan wanted me to listen to the song so intently. Is it describing us? But when this song was released, we didn’t know each other, so it’s obviously not really about us. I think I’m confusing myself. I’ll just pay attention to Jinyoung singing.

 

I need you; I’ll never let you go

Whisper that you love me; I’m shy when I see you

I’ll never wanna leave you, kiss me now

Like bu-bu-bubblegum, shy girl, OK

 

Honestly, I’m anxious because you are so popular

You

A scream of happiness

 

The members start walking around on stage and Gongchan directly comes to where we’re sitting and does some cute thing which cause Suzy and I to laugh at him.

 

OK girl, just for you yes man, I’ll do anything

OK girl, from now I’m yours

I love you

 

I’m your boy

Forever you have me completely

OK girl, from head to toe

I love you

 

Their song ends and everyone screams and claps for them. “They were so awesome,” Suzy squeals like a true fangirl. “Did you see the way that they danced, so cute. Plus their actions, no wonder they have a lot of fans.”

“Yeah,” I say nodding my head. I don’t really know what to say.

“Did you see the way that Gongchan was looking at you? He’s completely into you.”

“That’s what you just say,” I tell her.

“I’m dead serious,” she says attempting to tell me.“You think I’m lying, but I’m an expert. You guys will be together soon.”

“No, he doesn’t like me,” I say.

“So that means that you like him?” Suzy asks with a smile creeping up on her face.

“I-I-I guess,” I stutter.

“Ahh!” Suzy screams, which causes some glares from the neighboring people, but she doesn’t care. “I knew you’d come to acceptance with it.”

“Just shush,” I complain trying to get her to quiet up. I don’t really want to announce to the world that I know who B1A4 are.

“When are you going to tell him?”

“I don’t know.”

“You should tell him soon.”

“I don’t know.”

“Mia,” Suzy complains. “You should tell him before someone else does.”

“And who else would?” I ask.

“You never know the world,” Suzy says.

 

Gongchan’s POV

“Thanks for your hard work,” the members and I repeat to the passing staff after the concert is over. I successfully saw where Mia and Suzy were sitting, although my focus was mainly on Mia the whole time. She saw me, although she pretended like she didn’t. It doesn’t matter though because today is the day that I’m going to confess. Tonight, hopefully, Mia will become Gong Chanshik’s girlfriend.

“Ready for tonight?” Jinyoung asks slinging his arm around my shoulder as we sit down in our dressing room that we used.

“Did you get your letter prepared?” Sandeul asks.

“Don’t worry,” I respond attempting to ease their worries and concerns when mine are just piling up. I’m nervous, very nervous about this. What if she rejects me? “I have everything settled. As long as you guys do what you’re supposed to do, I’ll do what I’m supposed to do.”

“We’re all just going to go to this restaurant together and then suddenly we’re not there anymore,” Baro repeats. Something’s still not right with him. Is everything okay with him? He seems really out of it. Maybe one of our Saturday talks could cure him, but then again, he’s not one to really express himself well.

“What’s this I hear about confessing to my dongsaeng?” noona asks with her hands on her hips.

“Noona,” we all say at the same time.

“How did you know?” I ask.

“You guys aren’t quiet,” she says with a light laugh.

“You mean, you’re not mad about it?” I ask.

“Mad about it? How could I be mad about it? I’m happy that you like my sister,” she says.

“Well…thanks?” I ask questioningly. What am I supposed to say in these instances?

“What are you guys doing?” she asks taking a seat near us.

“We’re all going to a restaurant,” Shinwoo explains, “then we’re just going to leave Mia and Gongchan alone. And there you go. Boom, confession happens.”

“But what about her friend, Suzy?” noona asks.

“Don’t worry about her,” Sandeul confesses in a low whisper. “Jinyoungie-hyung has that all taken care of.”

Suddenly, the door opens and Mia and Suzy are standing there causing all of us to stand up in shock. They’re probably going to wonder what was going on since we all stood up at the exact same time, including noona because it makes it look suspicious.

“Hey guys,” Suzy says acting like nothing’s wrong. Is she okay? Normally she would be like jumping up and down and screaming, but…she’s normal?

“Hey,” Shinwoo says holding it together. He doesn’t show that much emotion and sometimes he’s slow on the uptake so things bother him and have less of an effect than they do on the rest of us.

“Your performance was really good,” Suzy compliments us.

“Well thanks,” Jinyoung says with a smile and I see Suzy smile back. He can say whatever he wants, I know that he likes her, or at least has a good feeling about her. Jinyoung should just take the reins like I’m doing and confess to her.  If he doesn’t try, he’ll never know the outcome.

“Did you listen the song?” I ask going over to Mia. She nods her head. “Did you like it?”

“It was really cool,” she says with a smile and sticking her thumb up.

“I’m glad you like it,” I say patting the top of her head. I don’t want Mia to think that anything is going to happen tonight, I don’t want her to get suspicious. I’m just going to continue acting the way that I’ve always acted until we’re finally alone, until I can finally confess my feelings for her.

“I’m hungry,” Sandeul complains.

“Me second,” Baro says raising his hand.

“Why don’t we go get something to eat then?” Manager-hyung asks coming in. We’ve already told him about the plan. Apparently he and noona are going to go somewhere. And he wants us to believe that they aren’t dating or have any interest in each other.

All of us pile into the van taking the same seating as before. As we walk out, like the first day that Mia came to Korea, she and Suzy stay behind with Manager-hyung and noona as to not seem suspicious. Suddenly, I feel guilty for asking Mia to be my girlfriend when this is the life that she’s going to have to live, hiding from the public if we were to go out, or I would have to hide from the public. We wouldn’t be able to have a normal relationship with each other. I just hope that that’s alright with her. I really like her. I just hope that she likes me enough back.

“Isn’t this too fancy?” Mia asks looking out the window when she sees where we’re eating.

“No, it’s not,” I tell her.

“But we aren’t dressed properly.”

“You always look pretty,” I lean down and whisper in her ear.

“Chanshik!” she yells and hits my arm.

“Anyway, we have a private room, no one’s going to disturb us,” I tell her as I sling my arm around her shoulder and walk in with her. I look back at the guys and give them a thumbs up. I see Jinyoung has his hand over Suzy’s mouth, as if that’s going to keep her quiet, but if they both like each other, then I guess anything works.

Mia, it’s going to happen soon.

 

Mia’s POV

Gongchan and I sit down at a long table outside and it’s then that I realize that the other members aren’t with us.

“Where are the other oppas?” I ask looking around. “Where’s Suzy?”

“Oh, they’re going to be coming in, don’t worry,” Gongchan says flashing a smile. “While it’s just the two of us, why don’t just go ahead and order?”

“I guess,” I say looking through the menu. “Isn’t this place expensive, though?”

“Don’t worry about the cost, it’s all taken care of,” he says.

I sigh as I look through the menu hoping to find something that’s at least a normal price. A waiter comes by to take our drink and meal order before leaving. “Are you sure that we shouldn’t wait until they come?”

“I think they just got held up outside with some fans. You know, as you said before, we’re gaining some popularity,” Gongchan says with a slight smirk on his face.

“Um, but shouldn’t you be out there with them? You’re a part of B1A4 aren’t you?”

“That I am,” he says nodding his head.

“Then shouldn’t you be with the rest of your members if they’re with fans? Aren’t they going to be asking where you went?”

“They may, but it’s alright. I just want to spend some time with you,” Gongchan says flashing a smile.

He wants to spend time with me? Is that an oppa thing to do? I know of some brothers and sisters that are close, but do they have to go to a fancy restaurant to be close? We were supposed to go out with all of the members, but they suddenly disappeared, and where did Suzy go? I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t get held up with the fans. Unless the fans were to see her, then maybe she’s hiding with unni and their manager so she doesn’t get caught up. Then how did Gongchan and I enter if the rest of them are stuck out there?

I quickly take a glance over at Gongchan and see that he’s staring at me. “Oppa, is it an oppa thing to stare at your dongsaeng?”

“Maybe,” Gongchan says shrugging his shoulders. “If the oppa and dongsaeng are close, then why not?”

“Are we close?” I ask him.

“You don’t think we’re close?”

“No, it’s not that. It’s just…we haven’t known each other for a long time.”

“Well then, we’ll just have to spend some more time together in the future.”

“But oppa,” I begin, but the food comes, so I’m quickly shut off. “Where are they?” I ask again when we’re in the middle of our meal. “Sandeul-oppa would never miss a meal, right?”

“They could have gone somewhere else to get rid of the fans,” Gongchan says nonchalantly.

“Somewhere else? Why didn’t we go with them then?” I ask.

“We’re already here, aren’t we? It’s fine,” Gongchan says. “The city looks really beautiful,” he says in attempt to change the subject.

Ever since we were sat down, I forgot that we were actually outside. I look over the railing to see what he’s talking about and I see the city below covered in lights. “It is beautiful,” I tell him. “I remember that time that you took me to Namsan Tower.”

“Ah, that day,” Gongchan says as if reminiscing about the memories. “That was the day that we got chased by fans. I’m still sorry about that.”

“No need to be, I get it, it’s your life.”

“Yeah, but I should’ve been more careful,” he says hanging his head low.

“Don’t be sorry,” I say reaching over and putting my hand on his. His hand feels really warm. “You were taking me out for a good time like a good oppa and then you were protecting me like a good oppa.”

Gongchan looks down at his hand and then looks at me. My heart races so badly. Somehow, I’m kind of thankful for the members getting caught up with fans outside. Otherwise, I would’ve had to deal with their bickering and their crazy antics. Instead, I get to spend some more time with Gongchan. I feel thankful towards them.

 

Gongchan’s POV

I feel Mia’s hand on mine. Slowly, I look at the hand and then look her in the eyes. They seem so loving and caring. Would she be able to look at me like that after knowing my feelings towards her? I have the urge to just lean over the table and kiss her, but I know that I shouldn’t. It’s too early for doing something like that. She could get scared. I have to restrain myself, but honestly, it’s so hard.

She tells me that I’m a good oppa and I was protecting her. Those words somehow melt my heart. Do I like Mia more than I had anticipated? She is true, we don’t know each other that well and we haven’t known each other for a long time period, this is only the third time that we’ve met each other, but I want to know more about her. I want to get to know her more through a relationship with each other.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Mia asks. “Oppa?”  I feel her hand come off of mine and immediately look at her. Suddenly, I want to hold hands with her again. “You look like something’s on your mind. What’s on your mind, you can tell your dongsaeng anything.”

“My dongsaeng is too cute,” I say reaching over and patting the top of her head again. Mia sticks her tongue out and I chuckle at the sight.

“So what’s bothering you?” she asks resting her head on both of her hands in another cute position. How much aegyo does this girl have? Even if she’s not trying to show any, it surely feels like she is.

“I just have a lot of thoughts on my mind,” I tell her. I just hope that this is going to be a nice buildup to my confession.

“What type of thoughts? Maybe I could help you. Is it girl problems? Are you having problems with your members? Are you tired?” A bunch of questions start coming out of that I have no idea when she’s going to stop.

“Dongsaeng,” I say cutting off the next question in the line.”I hate to admit it, but I think it’s girl problems.”

“Girl problems? What type of problems? I could help.”

I laugh at her eagerness. “Well,” I say leaning closer to her. “I think I like this girl, but you know how the story goes, I’m not sure if she likes me back.”

“But you’re a really good guy. Do I know this girl? Wait, of course I wouldn’t know the girl I’m new here.” It’s like she’s having a conversation with herself.

“Maybe you know her,” I slyly say.

“Do I?”

“Maybe,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “I would like to see if she likes me back, though. Actually, I want to ask her if she wants to become my girlfriend.” I look directly at Mia as I say those words, maybe she would get something of a hint, but I think I saw the glimmer of hurt in her eyes before she starts jumping up and down in her seat again.

“Oppa, that’s awesome. You’re going to have a girlfriend?”

“I don’t know yet,” I confess bashfully. “I wrote her a letter to tell her how I feel. Actually, I have it right now. Should I read it to you? Do you want to hear it?”

“Read it, read it,” Mia excitedly says. She’s totally not expecting that I’m talking about her, that the letter is for her, she completely is clueless. “I’ll help you choose the right words.”

“Okay,” I say pulling the letter out of my pocket perfectly knowing that it doesn’t need any revising. “Dongsaeng,” I begin reading the paper with occasional glances at Mia, “I’ve addressed you by this name probably a thousand times through the times we’ve talked and our text messages that we’ve exchanged to each other. Somewhere along the line, even though we haven’t known each other for long, I fell for you. Yes, I’ll say it directly. I like you. Even though I’m an idol with a busy schedule and fans, I fell for an ordinary girl who knew nothing about me, a girl who just happened to meet me because of a certain someone.

“When realizing that I liked you, I evaluated it a thousand times. If I like her, it will only bring her misery. We won’t have the ability to be like other couples out there. We won’t be able to express our love for each other openly, but still, I like you. The feelings won’t stop and I don’t want to suppress then any longer.

“I want you to be my girlfriend. I want to share everything with you even if the world can’t know a thing about us. The way you smile makes my heart race, the way you call for me when you wave your hand makes my mind go crazy. I always want to be near you and ever since I’ve met you, every performance, every television appearance, everything that I’ve ever done has always been done with you in mind. Whether it was when I was on television and I would do cutesy things with other girls, but I would always pretend that it were you. If it were singing, I would pretend that I was singing those words for you. Can’t you see my feelings for you?

“It may be hard for us in the future because of me and I’m sorry, but I like you. I really like you wholeheartedly. You’ve been on my mind since the first day I met you, since the first day that we hung out and you got chased, since I was too nervous to ask for your phone number and had to leave a lousy note. I really want to be your boyfriend and I really want you to be my girlfriend.

“If you haven’t already noticed, I really like you. Yes, you. Gong Chanshik likes you…Mia. I no longer want to be in an oppa and dongsaeng relationship. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

I close the letter and look at Mia. I see a light tear fall from her eye. I get up from the table to kneel down next to where she’s sitting and wipe the tear. “Oppa,” she whispers.

“Why are you crying?” I joke. “I like you, Mia. I really like you, can you be my girlfriend?”

She stares at me for what seems like forever until she slowly nods her head yes. Immediately, I stand up and pull her in for a hug. “Oppa, too tight,” I hear her mutter.

I pull away and look at her. “Sorry,” I say scratching the back of my head. We both laugh at the slightly awkward atmosphere. “I like you, Mia,” I repeat.

“I…I like you too, Gongchan,” Mia hesitantly says, which causes another bear hug from me.

 

Mia, my girlfriend,

You’re officially my girlfriend. You don’t know how happy I am that we get to be together. I just hope that we have a good relationship. You may be sad sometimes when you see other couples on the street because they can be out in the open and we aren’t allowed to be, but I’ll make it up to you. I’ll be the best boyfriend in the whole wide world because right now, I think I’m the happiest guy in the whole wide world. I don’t think you’ll be able to understand how happy I am, so I’m just going to show it through my actions as your boyfriend from here on out.

 

The happiest guy in the world,

Gong Chanshik

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Mia and Gongchan are offically boyfriend and girlfriend. What is their relationship going to be like since Gongchan is an idol and Mia is a regular girl? 

 

Chapter 7 is now up. Hope you enjoyed :D

I think I'm going to put a little more cute moments for the two before going into the drama.