Hello and Goodbye

My Favorite Dongsaeng

Mia’s POV

“Hey, are you ready to go drop Dad off at the airport?” unnie asks coming into the room.

“Sure,” I say as I quickly grab my jacket. This weekend, Dad has to go off to a conference somewhere, which I’m guessing is mostly why my sister decided to come and stay with me. She probably didn’t want me to become lonely.

The drive to the airport isn’t that long and it’s mostly silent.

“Well, see you later, Dad,” unni says giving him a hug.

“Yeah, see you later,” I say hugging him, too.

“Remember, Mia, take it easy, alright? I know your friends are coming to visit, but make sure that you don’t get yourself overly excited.”

“I got it,” I tell him smiling. Thankfully, things aren’t going like how they used to at home. Things seem slightly normal, well as normal as anything could get. The both of us basically minded our own business at home, and when he could, he would eat with me and since my sister’s around, she would join in on the fun.

“Hurry, let’s go,” unni says grabbing my arm.

“Why do we need to hurry? Dad just left,” I say as she drags me through the airport. When it suddenly clicks. “Really?” I ask.

“Really what?” she asks stopping in her footsteps and looking at me.

“They aren’t supposed to be coming until tomorrow.”

“Oh, that,” she says nodding her head. “Well, they got an earlier flight and they’re coming today. They want to experience life with you,” she says laughing as we continue walking to where the international flights come in.

“How long did you know?” I ask her.

“How long what?”

“When did you know that they were going to come a day earlier than I thought?”

“When I left?” she asks thinking about it.

“Really?” I ask staring at her as we wait for them to come. “Then why didn’t you tell me?”

“They wanted to surprise you,” she says laughing at my foolishness. “I think they’re coming now.”

I look over to where she’s pointing and see five boys coming out with hats and sunglasses on. As soon as one of them sees us, the rest of them see us and wave like there’s no tomorrow.

“Hey guys,” I say to them and giving them a smile. “What happened to your hair?”

“Mia! We dyed it because our comeback is soon,” Sandeul says as he’s the first one to hug me before it turns into a whole group hug. “It’s so nice to see you awake and okay. You are okay, right? I’m not hurting you or anything.”

“Nope,” I say shaking my head as he pulls away, and everyone else. “I’m just supposed to take it easy.”

“Was it a bad idea coming this weekend then?” Jinyoung asks.

“No, it’s fine, it’s fine, but you guys must be tired from the jetlag, right?” I ask.

“Let’s go,” unni says.

Together we all grab their bags and place them into the car that’s parked in the parking lot. I sit in the back in between Baro and Sandeul while Gongchan and Jinyoung sit in the middle and Shinwoo sits up front. Just for the weekend, my sister was able to get a van since we have a car and a car wouldn’t be big enough for all of us.

“So, how has living at home been?” Baro asks excitedly.

“It’s been good,” I admit. “It feels good to not be in the hospital anymore.”

“That’s good,” Baro says with a smile.

“So noona, that means we’re going to get to see your house?” Jinyoung asks.

“Yup,” she says from the front seat as she begins to drive. “You guys get to see where I lived before I came to Korea.”

“Wow, it seems like an adventure,” Sandeul says with a smile.

“Of course it’ll be,” I say sighing. “But you guys can stay at the house.”

“Are you sure?” Shinwoo asks.

“Positive,” unni says. “We have plenty of room for you guys.”

 

Gongchan’s POV

As soon as we get to Mia’s house, I’m amazed. I didn’t know her house could be this large, or rather, I didn’t know that she came from this type of family. I would’ve never believed it, not in a million years.

“So, you guys can split up and share rooms, hopefully you don’t mind,” noona says as we bring all of our luggage in.

“Of course we don’t mind,” Jinyoung says. “We’re grateful that you’re letting us stay here.”

“Well, Mia can show you were the bedrooms are and you guys can get some sleep. I have to go through some more clothing options.”

“You’re still working here?” Baro asks.

“I always work,” she says with a light laugh. “Mia will know where I am if you need me, so ask her first.”

“So, follow me,” Mia says with a bright smile as she leads us up the stairs. Her and I haven’t talked yet now that we’re here, I guess things are still somewhat awkward between us since I’m the one that sent her over here, but at least everything seems to be going well for her. “Um, do you know how you want to separate the bedrooms?”

“Sandeul and Baro in one and the rest of us in another is fine,” Jinyoung says.

“Well, here are two rooms right next to each other,” Mia says as she leads us through a hallway. “My room is right across the hall and unni’s room is a little down there. There should be a bathroom in each room and there are some extra blankets in each of the dressers.”

“Thanks,” we all say in unison.

“No problem,” she says giving us a smile. “If you need me, I’ll be downstairs.” Mia leaves us standing there and we separate and go into our rooms.

“Channie, how come you didn’t say anything to her?” Jinyoung asks.

“I-I-I don’t know,” I stammer.

“He’s probably nervous,” Shinwoo says in place of me.

“Well, this is a good weekend to become close again,” Jinyoung says as he places his bag onto the bed. “Looks like this bed is big enough for all of us, unless you want to sleep on the floor.”

“I’m fine anywhere,” Shinwoo says.

“I am, too,” I tell him.

“Well, why don’t we get some rest and then we can do some exploring with Mia later?” Jinyoung suggests. Shinwoo and I agree so we change our clothes and then lie down on the bed.

No matter how jetlagged I am, though, I can’t seem to go sleep. Just being in the same house as Mia makes me nervous. I never really thought that I would ever see her again, really. As I try to sleep, I close my eyes, only to see Mia’s face and immediately open them again, what’s wrong with me?

I open my eyes to the sound of thunder booming and lightning illuminating the room. Looking at my phone, I see that it’s like six at night, so we were sleeping for pretty long, at least I was because Jinyoung and Shinwoo are still sleeping. I didn’t really think that I would be able to sleep.

Making my way downstairs, I spy a light coming from one of the front rooms. I go over and peek my head in to see Mia sitting there reading a book with her headphones on. Figuring I shouldn’t disturb her, I turn to go away, but she sees me and calls out to me. “Gongchan,” she says.

Immediately, I turn back around. “Hello,” I say with a smile as I sit down on the couch with her but leave distance between us.

“Long time, right?” she asks with a nervous laugh. So that means that she’s as nervous as I am.

“Yeah. How are you?” I ask.

“Good,” she says nodding her head. “I’m just glad that I was able to come back home. Being in the hospital was tiring. What about you?”

“I’m good, you know, schedules like always, sitting at the dorm doing nothing, the normal,” I say with a smile.”How long were you in the hospital?” I ask out of curiosity.

“Throughout Christmas and New Year. I just was able to come home in the beginning of the week,” she explains as she sits the book on the table in front of her.

“That really is long,” I whisper. “I’m glad to see that you’re home, now, though.”

“Yeah, I am, too,” she says. Silence befalls us yet again. I turn to look at Mia and she looks at me.

“Look,” we both say at the same time.

 

Mia’s POV

“No, you can go,” I say.

“You can,” Gongchan says insisting that I go first.

“Fine, I will,” I say with a sigh. “Look, you don’t have to be nervous around me, we’re friends, right?” I ask him.

“Yeah,” he says slightly tensed. “Friends.”

“So, let’s be normal around each other. What about you? What did you want to say?”

“Nothing,” Gongchan quickly says shaking his head.

“Oh,” I quietly say. “Alright, but what are you doing up? Aren’t you tired?”

“Well, if I sleep more, then I’m going to be up all night and this thunder and lightning isn’t helping me.”

“Yeah,” I say glancing out one of the windows to see the rain beating down extremely hard. “It would be hard for anyone to sleep in it, yet everyone else is.”

“They’re all heavy sleepers,” he says with a light laugh. “Where did noona go?”

“She went out to meet some of her friends. I’m here responsible for you guys,” I joke.

“Oh, sorry.”

“No, no it’s alright,” I say giving him a smile. “Are you hungry or anything?”

“What do you have?”

“Here, follow me,” I say getting up from the couch.

Diligently, Gongchan follows behind me as I enter the kitchen. “Your kitchen is huge,” he says looking around. “We could make even better cookies in here.”

“You probably could, do you want to do that sometime?”

“Sure,” he says with a smile. “We have the whole weekend.”

“Right,” I say, but it’s partially for reminding myself that they’re only staying for the weekend and not forever. “Um…what do you want to drink or eat?” I ask going into the fridge. “Or you could just out something that you want yourself.”

I open the fridge door for Gongchan and he goes in it and begins looking around. “What would you suggest to eat?” he asks.

“Macaroni and cheese?” I ask coming up right next to him and looking in the fridge. “It’s easy and simple.”

“Okay, then I’ll eat that,” he says with a smile.

“I’ll make it,” I say as I head towards the pantry. “You can just sit there and do whatever.”

Instead of sitting there and doing whatever, Gongchan decided to follow me. “Let me watch you make it,” he says with a smile.

“Watch me make it?” I ask.

“Yeah, I’ve never really seen anyone make it before.”

“Really?” I ask. “Well then, I guess you can watch me.”

I begin making the macaroni and cheese and explaining to Gongchan how to make it when I accidently burn myself with the boiling water. “Are you okay?” Gongchan asks quickly grabbing my finger and blowing on it.

“Ah, y-y-yeah,” I say as I attempt to take my finger away, but Gongchan keeps a tight hold onto it. “What are you doing?” I ask him.

“You burned yourself, does it hurt?” he asks looking into my eyes.

Before I can say anything else, Gongchan immediately puts his lips onto mine. He gives me a long and gentle kiss before he pulls away. “What was that?” I immediately ask.

“Call me oppa again,” he says as he rests his forehead on mine.

“Call you oppa?” I ask confused.

“You haven’t called me it once since I’ve gotten here and I miss you,” he suddenly confesses. “I’m sorry and I miss you. I’m sorry for sending you here; I was attempting to protect you. Please come back to me.”

I look into his eyes and I just see sincerity and hope that we can be together once again. I take a deep breath and feel my heart racing. I guess I’ve missed him too. “Gongchan…oppa,” I hesitantly add causing his face to immediately light up at me calling him oppa. “I missed you, too.”

 

Gongchan’s POV

“Mia, wake up, it’s morning,” I say as I enter her room and sit on her bed. Memories of last night enter my head and I smile to myself. So she really did miss me all of this time and I miss her. I didn’t realize it until I saw her, until it was only me and her together while the rest were sleeping and noona went out. I realized how much I missed Mia, how much I missed her by my side and everything.

“Hmm?” she asks turning until her eyes land on me, then she immediately sits up in bed and covers herself with the covers. “What are you doing in my room?”

“Why are you covering yourself?” I ask. “It’s not like you sleep .”

“Yeah, but still,” Mia says staring at me. “If one of the other members sees you, then they’re going to get bad thoughts, you know how they are.”

“Doesn’t matter,” I say laughing at her foolishness while I sit on the edge of her bed. “I’m excited to see everything that there is to do in America.”

“Well, it’s like the same as Korea,” Mia says scratching her head making me smile at how cute she looks in the morning.

“Well, wash up,” I tell her. “The guys are going to wake up soon and they’re going to want to do some sightseeing, too.”

While Mia goes into the bathroom, I look around her room and that’s when I notice the ring sitting on the table which causes me to look down at my own ring. I guess she hasn’t put hers on yet, but at least I know that she has it.

Looking around on the table, I see the photo that we all signed. I read over all of the guy’s messages again seeing what they wrote when I stumble upon my message. It was so…boring. Did I really think that much that I wouldn’t be able to handle seeing Mia again?

 

Mia. It’s Gongchan. We’ll be visiting soon. I guess I’ll see you then.

 

I sigh as I read the message. Such a lame message with no sufficient meaning. That’s when I spy the message that I had written for her with the ring. It’s still sitting there and open. It looks a little worn. That probably means that Mia looked at it a lot. She probably spent countless minutes, possibly hours, looking over this letter wondering where everything went wrong. Now, I promise I’m going to make it up to her.

“What are you doing?” Mia asks as she comes out of the bathroom while she’s drying her hair.

“Just looking,” I say giving her a smile.

“Looking at what?” she asks suspiciously as she comes over and sees. “Oh, that,” she says noticing that the ring is in my hand.

“Do you want to wear it?” I ask her. “Have you ever worn it?”

Mia shakes her head. “No, I’ve never worn the ring. Every day I’ve merely stared at it.”

“Do you want to wear it now?” I ask. “I mean, I’ve been wearing mine ever since Christmas.” I show it up to her. “I wear it all of the time, during interviews, performances, everything.”

“I’ve seen,” she says with a smile.

“You’ve seen?” I ask. “How in the world could you have seen?”

“That picture,” she says as she points over my shoulder. “That picture I saw you wearing it, and unni pointed it out, but I saw that it looked just like mine. Then I looked up one of your interviews and you were talking about me.”

“So you aren’t mad at me?” I ask her.

“How could I ever stay mad at you?”

“I thought you wouldn’t like it since I was the one that sent you here. I wrote a stupid letter saying how I wanted to protect you and how we should keep in touch, but I didn’t do any of that. I abandoned you even though I love you. I thought you would hate me,” I honestly admit.

“Sure, I was mad when I woke up and found out everything from Baro. I was a bit frustrated that you never kept in touch like you said, and I swore to myself that I was never going to forgive you, but what good would that have done?”

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“I love you and I always will, nothing is going to change that.”

“Not even Baro?” I ask.

“Not even Baro,” she says shaking her head. “Last weekend he told me that you and me are good for each other and that’s why he hasn’t done anything. He hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend and he hasn’t kissed me on the lips, only you have.”

At that comment, I suddenly feel very happy inside. “I love you, Mia,” I say looking her right in the eyes.

“I love you, too,” she says giving me a big smile in return as our lips touch.

 

Mia’s POV

Eventually, Gongchan and I manage to get the rest of the members up to go do some things. Even if it is still January, we’re alright walking in the cold, although the members worry about me constantly. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Jinyoung asks.

“I’m fine, oppa,” I tell him. “I have a coat.”

“Yeah, but you got released from the hospital not even a week ago, we don’t want you to go back,” Sandeul says.

“I’m fine, I’m fine, I wore extra warm clothes,” I tell them with a smile. I guess they’re all in good spirits because Gongchan and I are back together.

“Hey, did you know,” Baro says coming over to me, “that that green dinosaur you got Channie for Christmas, he sleeps with it every night.”

“Really?” I ask looking at Gongchan.

“Shush,” he says hitting Baro.

“Is that any way to hit your hyung?” Baro asks.

“Guys, guys,” I say laughing. “Gonghcan-oppa, do you really sleep with it?”

“Maybe,” he says diverting his eyes and for the first time I notice that he has the necklace on. So no matter how many times he said that he wasn’t good enough for me to himself or how he wasn’t going to ever see me again, he still enjoys all of my presents.

I’m guessing he must’ve seen me staring at the necklace because he turns away. “Do you like it?” I ask going up to him while the rest of the members are infatuated by something.

“I love it,” he says putting his arm around me. “I like being here,” he says looking around. “We don’t have to worry about people spreading rumors or anything.”

“You’ll get big one day, oppa.”

“I hope when the right time comes,” he honestly says. “But don’t you think I kind of stick out with this blonde hair?”

“No of course not because blonde Asians are completely normal,” I say rolling my eyes. “Almost as normal as that red-haired Asian over there.”

“I’m guessing that that’s a no.”

“But it doesn’t matter,” I say. “Still, nobody would notice you unless they were a die-heart K-pop fan.”

The days passed by too quickly for my taste and already it was time for them to go back to Korea. “Hopefully you’ll come and visit next time,” Shinwoo says as he wraps his arms around me.

“Hopefully,” I say into his hug.

“And I hope you and Channie get along from now on,” Jinyoung says hugging me after Shinwoo. “Maybe you guys will have a little more contact with each other.” I see Jinyoung eye Gongchan who simply shrugs his shoulders.

“Mia! I had a lot of fun and the food is great here! I want to come back one day,” Sandeul says pouting.

“You will, that is unless I go back to Korea, but we can always visit,” I say with a smile.

“You’re coming back to Korea?” Baro asks as he hugs me next.

“I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “It all depends on what my father allows me to do.”

“Ah, well I hope you recover fast and visit us. I don’t know if I’ll be able to visit because of promotions,” Baro says with a sad tone.

“That’s alright, oppa,” I say. “I’ll be cheering for you through the computer screen.”

“Dongsaeng,” Gongchan says as he hugs me tightly. “You’re not going to miss me too much, right? I’ll call you every night or text you and don’t worry about the international cost, I have that covered.”

“I don’t think it’s Mia we have to worry about,” Baro says causing everyone to laugh.

“Don’t listen to him,” Gongchan says as he pokes my nose and quickly leans down for a kiss before they have to leave. “I love you, my favorite dongsaeng.”

“I love you, too, my favorite oppa,” I say. Unni and I both wave to them as we watch them disappear.

 

Oppa,

I finally get to call you that again. It feels like forever, but suddenly I find myself not mad at you anymore. Call me crazy, but I think I love you even more than words can describe. We’ve been through quite the adventure, but I know we’ll see more in the future.

 

Your favorite dongsaeng,

Mia

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's the end. Sort of. Next chapter will be the epilogue chapter that will take place sometime in the future and it'll be up shortly and then the extras chapter and with that, it's really the end.

 

Hope you enjoyd the story and thanks for reading :)