Secret Santa

Club for Two

Suzy's POV

I the pretty charm bracelet that Joongki had gotten me. It was actually supposed to be for six thousand yen, but it was on sale for about two thousand yen because someone has dropped it, and one of the charms got a scratch. It was made of sterling silver. Dangling from it were tiny birds, berries, and butterflies.  I could stare at it for hours! But I painfully tore my gaze away from it and got to work. 

Humming softly, I evened out the glue on the wooden toy train I was working on. It was club period right now and Sandeul hadn't come, yet. Lonely and bored, I started to play with some of the toy trains I had already made. I thought they were quite cute, with their little wheels and that bald conductor in the front.

"Chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-" I chanted like a child. 

The door opened, but since I was too busy in my own dreamland, I just kept on playing with the toys.

"CHUGA CHOO-CHO!!!" I finished, pumping a fist in the air like a conductor. This is fun!! No wonder kids like doing this. 

"Playing by yourself, loner?" someone snorted. Whipping around my head, I almost jumped out of my skin. I felt blood rush up to my face.

"No~" I emphasized, dragging out my response. Sandeul was leaning against the wall smirking. Well...he had a mask on, so I couldn't really tell, but I knew him well enough to tell. What's wrong with trains? Children play with them, and they aren't called loners!

I realized that instead of usually folding his arms together, his hands were behind his back, as if he was hiding something. 

"I spy with my beautiful eyes that you're hiding something," I pointed as I jumped up to glance at what he was hiding.

"Hey! If I'm hiding it, it means you're not supposed to see it!" he complained, skipping away from me. I wanna know what it is~~!!! 

"Yah! Let me see!!!" I demanded. I caught his arm and snatched the package out of his hand.

It was a cute light blue square package complete with a black bow on top. It was about as long as both my hands put together and as tall as one of my hands. 

"H-hey! Give that back!!" Sandeul complained.

"Oooh!!! Kyeopta!!" I squealed. Whoever's getting this cute little thing is super lucky!

"Who's the lucky girl?" I inquired, looking as Sandeul. He was looking at the ground shyly.

"What if it's a guy?" he asked. What?! Wait, there are gay people here?! NO!!! I MUST NOT BE STEREOTYPICAL!!! SOME STRAIGHT GUYS COULD LIKE THIS TOO!!! Suddenly, I felt my interest diminish. 

"Oh. Who's the lucky guy then?" I said boredly. Neh- I don't care anymore. I turned around and sat back down in my chair. Sandeul didn't respond. 

He held the box in his hand and walked up to me, planting it right next to the toy train I was working on. 

"You," he said. I looked up, surprised. His eyes were twinkling, and I swear I could imagine him as a six-year old..except with a mask on.

"M-mwoh?!" I spluttered. He nodded and took the chair next to me. I stared at the box. It was for me?!

"Wait....You think I'm a guy?!" I groaned. He laughed his light chuckle. 

"Ani, pabo. I was just kidding," he poked my forehead. "Do you like it?" Aww...he actually did something so nice for me. 

"But why?" I asked, curious. 

"Because," he reasoned. He pushed the box closer to me and looked back up. Because doesn't cut it!!!!

"Because we're friends!" he winked. AAHHHH!!! I quietly held my squeal in by pressing my lips together in a hard line. HOTNESS!!! I just stared at the box, trying to calm down.

"You do this for all your friends?" I was surprised. Wow. Dude, you're seriously rich. He smiled and shook his head. 

"Ani~ Just for you! Because you're poor!" he ridiculed. IS THIS A PITY PARTY?!?!?! I was about to snap back at him and shove the gift up his masked nose before I saw his happy expression.

"Yeah, yeah, Santa," I sarcastically answered. "Can I open it now?" I asked. 

"Sure!" 

I carefully untied the ribbon, putting it to the side to save. It was soft, patterned with small white hearts. Carefully openning the box, I peeked inside. Then I hastily opened it. 

Inside, carefully wrapped in delicate white paper, was the layered lacy shirt I had seen when I went shopping with Joongki. 

"I LOVE THIS!!! KYEOPTA!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW I WANTED THIS KIND OF STUFF?!" I squealed. 

Sandeul said, "Because, you're my friend." 

That's it? There's got to be more to it...Is he a magician? Or maybe a fortune teller? I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Aren't you going to thank me?" Sandeul's voice was a bit disappointed. I grinned cheekily.

"Thank you!"