Evasion

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

"More than a friend..." I muttered. The student sitting next to me gave me a weird look, and turned back around to face the teacher. I was in economics, a class where I knew basically no one, and no one wanted to know me. Not that I cared. 

I tried to focus on the lesson, but my mind kept on turning around back to those cryptic words that Sandeul whispered in my ear. 

More than a friend.

Was he talking about something like a.... No! There's no way I could even consider it! He wouldn't think of me like that!.. Right?

A smile crept up on my face, and I quickly covered my face to cover the expression that I couldn't hide.

___________________________

Oh joy.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the mass chaos that was probably going on in the classroom I was about to enter- the chaos brewing between Junghwan and Taecyeon. 

I felt my heart hammer a bit, not sure how to face Junghwan. What if Sandeul had been lying, and Junghwan saw me as just a friend? Then I would be over reacting. 

Stepping into the room, I pretended as if nothing was wrong, or bothering me. The two didn't seem to notice me, as they seemed to bicker over something. 

"I thought you guys had stopped arguing," I sighed as I took a seat next to Junghwan, so that he sat between Taecyeon and me. 

"Didn't you go to the arcade with me yesterday?!" Taecyeon demanded, not even bothering to say hi. 

"Yeah? What about it?" I raised an eyebrow. Junghwan snorted. 

"Yah! At least she went with me! I won the bet!" Taecyeon grinned. 

"No you didn't! You specifically said date!" Junghwan retorted. 

"What date?" I asked.

"See?" Junghwan smirked.

"Wasn't that arcade thing like a date?" Taecyeon asked me.

"Isn't a date like doing things as a couple?" I was confused. 

"Exactly, PAAAAAABO," Junghwan glowed as if he had won. 

"What's going on? What do you mean- won? Was there a competition?" I asked. 

Junghwan turned to look at me. I tried not to stare at the face that I had taken for granted ever since I've entered school. He opened his mouth to say something, and then closed it as if he decided against it. 

"I'll tell you later," he whispered as the teacher entered the class. 

"You better," I growled. 

________________________

When Junghwan said "later" I was kind of expecting something like right after class, but the the passed by and I didn't even see him. Well, it's more accurate to say I saw him, but then he seemed to decide to walk some other direction that was coincidentally not the way I was going. 

This was weird. He's definitely hiding something, but I need answers. Now. 

"Hey Suzy," Taecyeon smiled as he approached me at the end of school. 

"Hey," I mumbled, stuffing books into my backpack. 

"So, where are you going after school? Do you want to go to the arcade again?" Taecyeon suggested. 

NEVER AGAIN!!!! 

"Sorry, I have to go to my job right now," I made a smooth excuse, if I dare say so about myself. I'm going to try to corner Junghwan at work.

"Can I go with you?" Taecyeon offered to carry my backpack, but I pretended to not see his open hand. 

"Depends on whether you want to go," I tried to hint that he shouldn't come. 

I never credited Taecyeon to be sharp, but I never really believed he was dumb. I mean, if he was so dumb, how could I have handled him as a boyfriend?

"I'll go wherever you go," Taecyeon answered. Darn it. Either he was stupider than I thought he was, or he was smart enough to understand what I was hinting about and decided to ignore it. 

_______________________

"Anyeongha-" Wooyoung lifted his head to greet the people who had entered... which was Taecyeon and me. "Yah! SUZY!!! Why didn't you show up yesterday?! Remember the rules? You're supposed to tell me before you ditch!" 

"Mianhe," I bowed my head in apology. "Is Junghwan here today?"

Wooyoung's cheeks seemed to redden in irritation, "What? You wanna get out of your well-deserved lecture by hanging you with Junghwan? No! You can't! You-"

"Leave her alone, Wooyoung. It's my fault," Taecyeon interrupted him. 

"Taecyeon? Is that you?!" Wooyoung stopped in mid-sentence and stared at Taecyeon in surprise. "I DIDN'T KNOW YOU CAME BACK!!!! WHERE WERE YOU!?!?!?" 

"You two know each other?" I asked. 

"Yeah! We were buddies since childhood! Wait... If you're Suzy, then... I CAN'T BELIEVE I HADN'T MADE THAT CONNECTION BEFORE!!" Wooyoung gasped in excitement. "Why didn't you tell me you guys are a thing?!" 

"Were," I corrected him. Wooyoung continued to freak out, and Taecyeon had to stop the guy from getting a heart attack. During the situation of the exploding Wooyoung, I snuck away into the storage room and changed as quickly as I could. Then I started looking around for Junghwan. 

There weren't many places to look- I mean, we're in a convenience store. I found him staring into space behind a pile of cookie packs. 

"What's up?" I asked as I joined him. 

"E-eh?" Junghwan snapped out of his reverie. 

"Were you avoiding me the whole day?" I pouted. 

"Of course not!" Junghwan refused a little to forcefully. 

"Sure...." I raised an eyebrow. "Well? Aren't you going to explain this competition to me?" 

"So you see... um... It has to do with that bouquet that I gave you... I heard Taecyeon gave you a bouquet too," Junghwan furrowed his eyebrows in frustration.

"So? What's wrong about it?"

"And that you kept them, and he brought you out for a date."

"What date?" I scoffed. "I hate arcades. What was even worse was that there was a nice bookstore next to the arcade, and I actually thought we were going in there, but we didn't."

"So technically he didn't win then," Junghwan said. 

"Win what?"

"The contest. Whoever won got to have..." he trailed off awkwardly. 

"Have?" I urged him on.

"You," I heard Taecyeon's deep voice behind me. 

Junghwan and I both spun around in surprise. When had he come here? 

I felt anger and shock overtake my expressions. "How- IN ANY WAY- AM I A FREAKING PRIZE?! AM I A THING OR SOMETHING?!?!" 

"Darn it. I knew this would happen," Junghwan hissed under his breath. 

"Then why did you agree?!" I glared at him.

"Because..." Junghwan hung his head unable to finish the sentence. 

Annoyed, I decided to leave the two dumbfounded idiots there and strode up to the cashier place, where Wooyoung resided.

"There you are!" Wooyoung shook his head. "You always disappear off to somewhere." Then he let me take over the front counter. 

___________________

Junghwan's POV

Shoot. I really blew it. 

"She's really mad, isn't she?" Taecyeon grumbled.

"This is your fault."

"Well, I don't really care. I won, and she's mine."

"You really think she's going to go with you without a fight? Don't you remember what she said? She's not an object," I shook my head. 

A/N- I'm sorry I haven't updated for a while!! TT.TT... I got addicted to manga... TT.TT... just when I was working so hard to lay off those comics.... Well, I guess I didn't work hard enough ... Thanks for reading and commenting!!!