The Rules

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

"ACHOO!" I sneezed.

"Bless you," Chanshik and Junghwan said at the same time.

"Um, thanks," I answered.

"You know, there's a suspicion that every time someone talks about you, you'll sneeze," Chanshik commented. 

I shot Chanshik a withering look, "Really." 

We were in our club right now. I've gotten used to seeing Chanshik and Junghwan come over, but I always wondered where Sandeul was. The guy mysteriously disappeared. We were making some cards to the patients in a hospital (A/N-it's really generic TT.TT but I think that knowing that there's someone out there who used up some seconds of their lifetime to write to you is really sweet ...okay, now I just sound cheesy).

"How do even write a card to sick people?" Junghwan sighed as he doodled some smiley faces.

"You can start by telling them to get better," I started.

"And wishing them a good day," Chanshik finished. Yay! Partner work! I don't know why, but ever since I came back from winter break, I wasn't nervous around Chanshik anymore. That annoying fluttering feeling in my stomach was gone, and I didn't even flinch when I saw him talk with other girls, now. I guess that crush is officially over. Wow, and it wasn't even that long.

Junghwan grumbled as he got to work. We worked in comfortable silence for a while, before someone burst into the room.

"Annyeong kiddos! The great Joongki has been relieved of most of his work to join you guys once again!" Joongki surprised us all as he burst into the room. He noticed how silent it was, and looked around the room. 

It took him a while to process, which was a bit unusual. Joongki was usually pretty fast to catch on.

"Oooh! Hey Chanshik! So you joined the club, huh? And... this is...Aren't you Lee Junghwan?" Joongki laughed awkwardly. 

"That's me. You're the librarian!" Junghwan chuckled weirdly. Chanshik coughed strangely, like he was holding in laughter.

"Am I missing something here?" I asked, confused. 

"O-Of course not! This is my first time meeting Junghwan!" Joongki shook his head frantically. "It's not as if he's been here before!"

"Nope, never," Junghwan agreed.

"So, how did you learn of, uh, this club?" Joongki took a seat and grabbed a piece of paper.

"Chanshik brought me here," Junghwan answered, not meeting anyone's eyes. 

Idle chatter filled the air as we finished one card after another. Soon, half of the table was covered in cards; some of them were really cute, and others...not so cute.

"Wow, we still have half an hour left," Joongki grinned, staring at our handiwork. "I wonder if-" 

"SORRY WE'RE LATE!!" three people piled into the room. Even at first glance I recognized who they were.

The rest of B1A4. 

"Wow, we seem to have a surplus of people today. Is this club famous now or something?" Joongki raised an eyebrow. 

"Junghwan-ah! I heard you and Chanshik joined the commoner's club!" the squinty eyed one panicked. Why do I always get cast in the bad light?

"That's right," Junghwan answered. "Are you joining the club?"

Sunwoo looked taken aback. "What? No, we-"

"Came to see what this club was about," Glasses answered. 

"Dongwoo-ah!" Squinty eyes hissed.

"So what are you guys doing?" Dongwoo studied the cards we made, "The cards in this section look weird. All the butterflies are not proportional. Their bodies aren't this fat. Butterflies actually have six legs, but these have virtually nothing!"

"Thank you for critiquing my work, Dongwoo," Junghwan sighed, "I know butterflies have legs. I just didn't want to draw all of them."

"Yah! You want people to think we're stupid?" Dongwoo snapped.

"Who said anything about "we"? Last time I checked, you weren't official members of this club," Joongki snorted.

"W-we are now!" Squinty eyes protested. EHHH?! 

"Okay. Let's start off with the rules then," I smirked, "Number one: No favoritism. We're all equals here, despite how rich or popular or old we are. Number two: No bullying. Number three: No sabotaging or stealing projects. Number four: Don't. You. DARE. Call me the commoner, or I will personally bash one of Joongki's dictionaries in your face. And trust me when I say that it won't be fun." I glared at them and then changed my harsh expression into a welcoming smile.

"Other than that, welcome to Operation Toy Box."