Miss Fairy

Club for Two

Suzy's POV

I had grabbed Chanshik's hand reflexively, as if it was habit. 

Now, I was regretting it. I had just noticed that I was holding his hand as I dragged him around the school without a care. Looking at his face, I saw that he wasn't blushing or anything, just peering curiously into the other rooms. I felt my face get hot and my hand clammy.

Then I heard the trumpets blare, signaling the start of the festival. I thought that that opening to the festival was weird, but funny. I let go of his hand like a hot pan as if I was excited, and ran to the window to look out, hiding my blushing face. The cool glass cooled down my face, and I wasn't blushing anymore. Then I saw the huge crowd that had gathered behind the people with the trumpets. I turned around, my eyes huge.

"Holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap!! Look at all those people!!" I jumped up and down excitedly. Chanshik was looking at me thoughtfully and grinned.

"Of course there are a ton of people, pabo!!" he laughed as he joined me next to the window. The sunlight shined down on his face as he turned to look at me. For the first time, I noticed how smooth and pretty his skin was. It seemed to glow as the sunlight touched it. His brown eyes which were illuminated by the sun twinkled in amusement.

"Y-Yah! Of course I knew that!!" I stuttered, "Let's go to the disney café first!! Or else the line will be too long!" I took off before he could say no. 

Panting, I had reached the café. There was already a girl and a guy in the café, but at least it wasn't filled up yet. I heard Chanshik panting as he caught up to me. One of the waitresses, who looked like Yoona (but I couldn't tell because of the Minnie Mouse make-up), looked at me distastefully as she walked up to us. Then she saw Chanshik and her eyes lit up.

"Sit here please!" she chirped, placing us right next to the couple who had gotten there first.

"See! There's no one here!" I said proudly as I looked at the menu. A plate caught my eyes. It was name Goofy's Smile, when in actuality, it was just a chocolate icecream cake that resembled a smile. In the middle of it was two marshmallows, meant to look like buck teeth.

"Yeah, but that's because barely anyone has entered yet!" he retorted.  

Ignoring his comment, I showed him the one I liked.

"Goofy's Smile looks good!" I commented. Then Minnie Mouse came back to take our orders. She glared at me, then ignored me. Turning around, she faced Chanshik.

"Have you decided yet?" she batted her eyelashes. 

"Yeah. Can we have two Goofy's Smiles?" Chanshik smiled politely. 

"Sure!" Minnie Mouse replied, bending down to gather the menus in an attempt to show off her almost nonexistant cleavage. 

I looked around and noticed that the room was now half full. It was a good thing we got here first. When I turned back around, I noticed Chanshik was staring at something, or someone next to us. He was craning his head in a weird angle, like it was crooked or something. And his eyes were squinted as if he were near-sighted. I turned around.

It was that girl who was part of that couple earlier. Her boyfriend seemed to notice Chanshik's heavy stare and poked her in the head, then pointing at Chanshik. 

It was as if it was all in slow motion. She slowly turned around, her light hair fluttering behind her in a way that made her seem like a fairy. She was beautiful. It was as if she were sent down from heaven instead of being born like the rest of us, with her pearl skin, glittering eyes, and plump ruby red lips. 

Her eyes widened and her lips shaped a dainty "O" as if she were surprised. 

"Chanshik! What are you doing here?" she asked as she came over. Chanshik blushed and looked down, trying to hide his face. The girl acted as if she didn't notice. 

"You know...for the food. Haha, you know me. Food monster," he trailed off. I lifted an eyebrow. Something was odd....was Chanshik in love? I felt a smidge of pain in my chest. Sure it would show up on my face, I masked it with a twinkle of pure curiousity. 

"Yah! Don't lie! He's here because this is his school, of course! Don't you see the uniform he's wearing?" I tried to laugh my pain off with a gigantic grin. Chanshik's head shot up and he stared at me as if the whole world was ending...What did I do wrong?

"He's a student here?" the girl's delicate eyebrows crinkled in confusion. I stuck my hand out.

"Of course. I'm a student too. Nice to meet you. I'm Kim Suzy," I smiled a friendly smile. She smiled daintily and placed her slimmer hand in mine. 

"I'm Lee Ji-eun. Nice to meet you! I thought Chanshik wasn't a wealthy person... What is he doing at this prestigous school?" her eyes gleamed in the delight of meeting me, then she frowned once again. She didn't know that Chanshik was the son of the Gong Industries?!?! Why was he hiding this from her? 

"Who knows? I'm a middle-class person, too. We get in by scholarship," I gave an excuse. From what she was saying, I'm assuming that she things Chanshik is like me, poor. Why did he do that? 

"Oooh. That makes sense. Chanshik was always so smart. I have to go back now! My food's here! Bye!" she waved cutely, then went back to her table. Chanshik watched her as she sat down. 

What was this weird development?