Overdue Breakups

Club for Two

 

 

"What do you mean, over?!" Taecyeon froze, his arms in a position that looked like he was holding onto some invisible being.

"You know, like the status of being single," I squeaked, slowly backing away.

"Why?" Taecyeon asked, taking a step towards me to close the distance. "I still love you, you know. Even after two years, I still want to be with you."

"I think maybe that's the feeling of friendship? You know, the wanting to be together," I muttered, and then took a deep breath. "Let's just be friends."

I didn't even wait for his answer as I hustled into the building and back into the clubroom.

________________________

 

"I don't get it," Junghwan tilted his head to one side. He had invited me and the rest of B1A4 to go to his house for a study session. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to talk though. "So you just said you wanted to be friends and then left?!"

"Yup," I nodded, scribbling the answer to one of the English questions. 

"And he took it just like that?" Chanshik asked. 

"I guess so," I shrugged. 

"Wait, so let's get this straight," Dongwoo pulled out a blank piece of paper and started scribbling a diagram on it. "So you guys were a couple two years ago in your old school. Then Taecyeon left without telling you anything. Then you moved, and when he tried to contact you, you didn't get the message. In his eyes, you guys were together the whole two years, and in your eyes, you dumped unceremoniously. Then the dude comes parading back in all his glory and tries to reclaim you, but you just smacked him down to the ground."

"I guess that's about right," I sighed. "This is way too confusing."

"That's not really nice, Suzy-ah," Jinyoung frowned. "If Jinri-ah had done that to me, I would've jumped off a roof."

"Not all of us are as crazy as you," Sunwoo snorted.

"Fine! Just don't complain when I say 'I told you so'!!" Jinyoung pouted.

"I think you did the right thing," Junghwan smiled, patting my shoulder. "If you still feel bad about it, I'll give you a consolation gift."

"What gift?" Sunwoo's eyes glittered. 

"Yah! That's not fair! I feel really bad right now too because I don't like math!! Why don't I get a consolation prize?" Jinyoung spluttered.

"Because you're not Suzy," Junghwan snapped as he got up. "Wait here, I'm going to go get it." 

"Well, that was random," Chanshik muttered. "He all of a sudden has a gift for you. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was a ring or something and he asked you to marry him."

I felt my cheeks grow hot. "W-What are you talking about?! He would never do that!" 

Sunwoo leaned over to Dongwoo and whispered something. Then the two hunched over in laughter.  

"What are you guys talking about?" I wondered.

"Don't mind them. They're so immature," Chanshik rolled his eyes. 

"Yah! Shut up maknae," Sunwoo barked.

"Aren't you rude," Chanshik muttered. "So are you sure you have no feelings for Taecyeon, Suzy?"

Not at all. I'm just a confused mess who wants some space to figure stuff out.

"I'm pretty sure," I nodded. 

"Good," Chanshik chuckled, and opened his mouth to say something, but Junghwan hustled into the room. 

"That was quick," I grinned. Junghwan shrugged and sat back down between Chanshik and me.

"What do you think it is?" Junghwan asked excitedly. 

"Something to do with a pig?" I smirked, staring at his hand. 

"Yah! How did you know?!" Junghwan snapped.

"Because your hand is right out in the open where everyone can see it?? And I see a rubber pig head?" I smiled, a warm feeling spreading from my chest. 

"Not just a pig," Junghwan glowed, and then opened his hand. "It's a pig flashdrive!"

"Hey! Isn't that the thing you bought when we were on our-" Chanshik blurted out.

"Yup," Junghwan interrupted Chanshik. 

"Why a pig?" Sunwoo snorted. "Well, I guess it makes sense, since Suzy is a bit like a pig."

"YAH!" I threatened to stab him with the pencil I had in my hand.

"Sorry!" Sunwoo ducked under the table. 

"Well, I thought Taecyeon was a bit annoying," Junghwan stated. "He walks around like he owns the world, when he obviously doesn't."

"Just like you guys?" I smirked.

"But this school is our territory! We're the kingkas! Not the noob!" Sunwoo objected.

"Well, I don't have any reason to go against Taecyeon, except for the fact that he's a big know-it-all. He even tried to chat up Jinri," Jinyoung pouted.

"The dude has no shame," Dongwoo shook his head.

"Wait, seriously? But I thought he liked Suzy!" Chanshik exclaimed.

"He's always like that," I explained. "Just by talking to someone, it looks like he's flirting. That's the aura he emits."

"So he's the playboy type," Dongwoo jotted the phrase on his paper.

"Guys, it's not a big deal. I'm pretty sure he'll leave me alone," I sighed. "You're blowing the situation up."

"You don't know guys," Dongwoo warned. "We may look all cool on the outside, but some of us are actually like whistling teapots. If you heat us up too much, we'll explode. I have a feeling Taecyeon's like that."

"He's not like that," I seethed exasperatedly, "I've known him longer than you have. I've never seen him get mad before! He's really gentle!"

"That's because there weren't any other guys around," Dongwoo shook his head. 

"Maybe he feels like someone will replace that spot he once occupied in your heart," Jinyoung pondered. Thinking, I didn't notice my gaze drift over to Junghwan. 

"What?" Junghwan looked at me.

"What?" I answered.

"You looked like you were going to say something."

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing," I shrugged. 

A/N- Sorry I didn't update for some time!! You know... tests.. and I FINISHED A FIC!!! YAY!!! I feel so proud of myself TT.TT. Sorry that the chapter's short. I'll try to make it up to you guys next chapter!! Thanx for reading and commenting!!!