Seven Eleven

Club for Two

A/N- Yay!! I'm back...kind of. I still have exams...but I worked on this chapter little by little...and I got this!!! So updates are still gunna be slow cuz I'm not gunna have my computer with me for a week or so TT.TT. Hope you enjoy the chapter!! 

Suzy's POV

"Junghwan, why are we stopping?" I asked. If was after school, and Junghwan and I were going to his car, so I could get to my maid job...in his home. 

Junghwan sighed, then turned around to look at me. 

"Hey, Suzy. How would you feel if I said that your maid job is finally done?" he looked at me closely. For some reason, I felt like I had to hide my happiness, but a bit still leaked out.

"Jinja?!" my eyes widened in disbelief. 

"Hey, don't get ahead of yourself," Junghwan warned me. 

"Then why did you ask me?" I huffed, folding my arms. 

"Fine. I'm letting you off since Chanshik keeps on pestering me about it. I should've never brought him home! BUT, if you still want to make some extra money, I'll give you an offer!" he advertised.

Oh right, Chanshik. So after I explained to him what I was doing in Junghwan's house, Chanshik started to nag Junghwan about how heartless it was to enslave a fellow student... It was actually pretty funny watching Junghwan trying to explain himself and growing all red.  

"Am I that great of a maid?" I snorted, "How much?"

"10000 won an hour," he answered. Not a bad pay afterall. Too bad I don't want to stay in that house of his afterall. I was getting a bit too chummy with the maid life and the crowded lockers. Plus, it also didn't help that half the maid population glares at me whenever I talk to Junghwan.

"Actually, I think I've had enough of a maid life. I want to go see what other jobs there are! The Seven Eleven convenience store a few blocks away from my place is hiring actually, so sorry, but I don't want your offer," I rejected him. Junghwan's face fell.

"Yah! You can't just go off and apply for a side job! Side jobs aren't allowed!" Junghwan protested.

"Then how come you just offered me a side job?" I accused. 

"That's because- Since- Uh," Junghwan's words seemed to die in his mouth. 

"Exactly," I smirked, having proved my point. "Thanks for the offer! See you tomorrow then." 

I turned around and left, humming to myself. For some reason, even though I was happy, I felt a bit disappointed. Maybe it's because Junghwan didn't stop me....

Meh~ But anyways, I'M FINALLY DONE WITH THIS MAID JOB~

"Wait!" Junghwan grabbed my hand. 

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow, pretending to be annoyed, when I was actually pretty happy he stopped me.

"Um...well...If you're going, I'm going too!" he spluttered.

"EHH?!" my jaw dropped.

"Well, someone has to protect you," he barely muttered, then said in a louder void, "If you don't let me come, then I'm filling in a report."

"W-You- You tattletale!" I accused, not sure how to react. 

"What are you waiting for? I thought you wanted that job! Let's go!" Junghwan started walking.

"Um...you're going the wrong way. It's this way," I pointed to the opposite direction.

"I knew that," Junghwan blushed. Rolling my eyes, I began the walk to Seven Eleven.

 

 

"Wow...this is a commoner's store?" Junghwan's eyes widened.

"Yah! Why do look at it like it's a wonder or something?! Seven Eleven's are scattered all over the city!" I emphasized my words by pointing at another Seven Eleven place just around the corner. 

"I never paid attention!!" Junghwan pouted as we entered the store. 

There wasn't anything special about this convenience, but Junghwan stared in awe.

"Wah~ They seem to sell all types of low quality stuff here, Suzy!" he picked up a gum packet from the front counter. 

"Sir, if you're just going to stand here and insult the products on sale, you might as well leave now," the cashier hissed.

"And the customer service is horrible!" Junghwan commented, shaking his head.

"Well, you're not making it easy for them, are you?" I punched him lightly, walking up to the cashier.

"Sir? There's a sign that says you're hiring. I would like to apply for the job," I asked.

"Arraso," he muttered, glaring at Junghwan, "Is that idiot applying too?"

I looked over at Junghwan, not quite sure what his answer was.

"Ne! I'm applying too! Take good care of me!" Junghwan nodded.

Grumbling, the cashier pulled out two application forms and told us to fill them out. We gave them back to him, and he guided us to the storage room. 

"I'm a part time worker too. You can call me Wooyoung. The lockers are here, and it's uni, so you guys might want to change before you come. There's also a bathroom on the other side of the store, so you could change there. All the products are going to be here, so if we need to restock on the items outside, just come here. You're highschool students, and we only let students work from 4:00-7:00. Make sure to be on time, and you're free to the snacks which are extremely close to due dates. When I say that, I mean within a day or two. You'll get your pay each day, but today, you won't get paid because you're newbies. Plus, you still have to meet up with manager-nim. Welcome to Seven Eleven," Wooyoung dug out some uniforms for us for us before disappearing back to the front counter. 

Junghwan and I awkwardly stood around in the locker room. 

"Are you just going to stand around and watch me change?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"E-Eh?!" he blushed. 

"Then you better leave," I demanded, pushing him out of the storage room. After a few minutes, I finished changing and let Junghwan back in. 

The uniform wasn't anything fancy like the maid uniform. It was just some baggy beige pants and a green top. 

"Wooyoung-shii, what do I do now?" I asked as I left Junghwan in the storage room.

"How good are you at math?" Wooyoung asked.

"I have an A," I shrugged, "if that's good enough."

"Arraso, then you'll be the cashier," he said. Then he proceeded to teach me how to use the cash register. 

Wooyoung seemed like a decent guy, despite the fact he was a bit impatient, sighed a whole bunch, and thought that he was the coolest person on the face of the earth. 

"Anyeonghaseyo," I nodded a greeting to an ahjumma that just walked in.

"Omo, are you a new employee? You're certainly very cute!" she gushed, "Wooyoung, is she your- you know?" the ahjumma grinned.

"You know?" I repeated confused.

"Ani, Mrs. Lee. She's just a new employee. Her name's Suzy," he pointed to my name tag. "Suzy, meet Mrs. Lee. She's a regular at this Seven Eleven."

"Anyeonghaseyo," I bowed my head in greeting once again. 

Mrs. Lee chuckled and walked off to the dairy section. 

"What was that about?" Junghwan asked as he slipped on the complementary apron to our uniform. I shrugged. 

"Mrs. Lee just thought Suzy was my girlfriend... I don't mind, anyways. You're pretty cute," Wooyoung winked, "I bet you'll attract customers."

Wow...that was frank.

"Wait- do you like-" Junghwan was glaring at Wooyoung.

"No way, dude! I don't hit on highschoolers!" he cringed. "Oh yeah, Junghwan. I'll show you how to restock products and whatnot." 

Junghwan followed him, leaving me alone at the front counter. 

I didn't really understand what to do, so I just leaned against the counter, examining a package of gum. 

Soon, Mrs. Lee comes up to the counter with a pint of icecream. 

"Suzy, is your boyfriend that handsome man next to Wooyoung?" Mrs. Lee whispers, eyeing Junghwan. What is with this ahjumma? It's not as if I have a love life. 

"Um..no. Why?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing. I was wondering. You're missing out on a lot, you know! Falling in innocent love is the beauty of youth," she smiled. 

"Um...arraso," I cringed, not sure how to reply. This woman's creepy... 

I thanks her and she went on her happy way. Sighing in boredom, I played around with the gum pack, pondering about what the ahjumma said. I came to a conclusion.

Love is not the beauty of youth. Love is stupid, and it hurts when it doesn't work out. The beauty of youth is being able to eat whatever you want without chipping a tooth and running around without breaking your back. I know that sounds mean...but it's the truth. One time, my grandma tried to jump rope with me and ended up breaking a leg... 

Kchack!

I looked up, nodding my head for a greeting.

"Anyeongh-" 

I stopped. This person looks familiar....That hawknose... where have I seen it before?...wait. 

Where haven't I seen it before? He was on almost every poster at school, because he was in B1A4.

Cha Sunwoo. 

Before I could dive under the counter, he caught sight of me.

"You're the commoner!" he gasped in surprise.

...Does he know that he's in the commoner's part of the city?