Love Potion 141: A Jinyoung Side Story

Club for Two

A/N- I know you guys don't wanna read an a/n first thing, but this is a side story. After this, a new arc is going to start in the fanfic, and I really wanted to put this side story in before that happened. So this is a side story for Jinyoung and his girlfriend. It's modeled after the japanese POV of Beautiful Target. ^.^ Hope you enjoy!!! -candym0nster

 

Jinyoung's POV

"Jinyoung-oppa! Let's go on a picnic!" Jinri glowed, pulling me up a hill.

"But we don't even have food!" I reasoned. "Let's go get food first, then come back."

"Arraso," Jinri sighed, pouting cutely. Chuckling, I clasped Jinri's soft hands in mine.

I can't ever think of loving anyone else other than her. I've loved her ever since I first laid eyes on her. Some people might call it stupid love, because I didn't even know her before I started liking her. I call it love at first sight.

It all happened two years ago. 

________________________________

2 years ago.

Jinyoung's POV

I can't believe Omma expects me to greet the new neighbors. That woman really is crazy. She even made me bring a cake! It's summer right now! I should be partying and hanging out on a beach or something! 

A few days ago, a new family had moved in next door, and Omma was so excited to meet them. Our previous neighbors were mean -heads, so we didn't get along very well. She was hoping that maybe we could finally be friends with people who lived next to us 24/7. 

I sighed as I arrived at the front door. I really don't want to do this... It's so demeaning! 

But if I don't Omma will be mad at me and take away my video games... With a deep breath, I walked up the steps and pressed down on the doorbell before I could regret it.

"Appa! The doorbell rang!" a girl's voice echoed throughout the house. 

"WELL YOU'RE CLOSER TO THE DOOR, AREN'T YOU?" an ahjusshi's voice yelled back from a further part of the house.

"Omma!!" the girl's voice screamed.

"SHE'S NOT HERE!! SHE WENT SHOPPING!" the ahjusshi's voice scolded. 

A few seconds later, I heard a thunder of footsteps coming down the stairs and approaching the door. 

"Yeah?" the girl pulled open the door. 

Omo. She's so pretty. 

She looked my age and was half a head shorter than me. Her wide eyes shined with curiosity as she held open the door. Her smooth hair cascaded down in waves while framing her innocent face. 

I gulped.

"U-Um, hi," I waved awkwardly.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Hi," I answered back, repeating the greeting over and over in my head. Omo, Jinyoung. Get your act together or you'll look like a dolt! "I-I mean, nice to meet you."

"Are you a salesman?" she glared at me with those cute eyes, "Because you're just working at a lost cause. Plus, you're not very professional. You're sweating, a lot."

"U-Uh- Yes, I mean, no! I'm not sweating, and I'm not a salesman! I'm your neighbor," I pointed to my house.

"Oh! Mianhe! I just HATE salesman. Excuse my rudeness," she shot an apologetic smile. 

"It's ok. Here," I shoved Omma's cake into her arms. She received it in surprise, almost dropping the huge pastry.

"Omo, it looks really tasty! Where did you get it?" she asked.

"Omma made it," I wiped my forehead, wondering why it was so hot. I must be getting sick! I can't spread the germs to her! "I have to go! See you later!" 

"E-eh? So soon? Alright," she sighed in disappointment, waving goodbye. 

I ran all the way home, wondering what the heck was wrong with me. I've heard of this before. Fast heart rate, sweating abnormally... these were all symptoms for a heart attack!

Why here? Why now!!! I'm not even twenty yet!!

I raced up the stairs, into my house, slammed the door, and ran to the kitchen.

"OMMA! Where are you?!" I screamed. 

"Jinyoung-ah. No need to scream. What's going on?" Omma winced as she entered the room. 

"I-I think I'm going to die!" I started hyperventilating.

"Son, you look just fine to me. Last time I brought you to the doctor's office, you were in perfect condition, if not better than that," Omma cupped my cheeks. "Omo, your cheeks are really hot!"

"And my hearts' beating really fast!" 

"And is our new neighbor a young pretty girl?" Omma lifted an eyebrow.

"How did you know? I didn't know you were a psychic!" I gasped in surprise.

"...I'm not. I think I know the answer to this little problem," Omma chuckled, shaking her head. "Oh, my dear innocent boy."

"What are you talking about?" 

"Is this honestly the first time you've felt this way?" Omma quizzed me. 

"Y-yes, wae?" 

"Awwwww, what's her name?" Omma asked eagerly. "What does she look like!? How old is she?"

"Whoa, Omma. Calm down," I said, confused, "What's happening?"

"I think you're having your first crush!" Omma squealed.

"NOO! Never! I hate girls!" I shuddered at the thought of all those girls at school who hunted me down every single day. 

"You keep on saying that, honey," Omma shrugged.

________________________________

I learned that Omma was right a few days afterwards. I couldn't stop thinking about her, and wanting to see her. I wanted to know her better, to make her happy.

Except that I didn't even know her name. 

"Jinyoung, you're acting weird," Junghwan peered at me. "You keep on spacing out."

"Are you sick?" Sunwoo asked. 

"E-eh? Jinja? Mianhe," I grimaced, trying to stuff the thoughts of the unnamed girl out the window of my thoughts.

"This book is so... weird," Chanshik shivered, shutting his book.

"What's weird?" Dongwoo asked. 

"Well, it's a book about love potions. Jieun talks to me, but I think she only sees me as a friend," Chanshik complained. "I thought a love potion would work, except that this book looks like some bogus crap."

"Can I take a look at it?" I reached for the book, not even waiting for his consent. I opened the book, and something caught my eye. 

Wait, this isn't bogus crap. It looks real! 

There were a ton of theories on how love was produced in the human's heart and mind, and how to create true love with one potion. It all made sense. By theory, it should work!

"I'm borrowing this!" I stuffed the book into my bag, and got up to go home. 

"Why? It's stupid," Chanshik grumbled, obviously not understanding the solution to his love problems were right under his nose. 

"Then just let me have it," I shrugged, then took off. 

______________________

A few days later

The ingredients and equipment I had ordered online arrived today, and had cleared out my room for experiments. 

"Time to get working," I grinned, and opened the book. I had been studying it meticulously to understand the procedure. 

A drop of this, an ounce of that, a spoonful of this.... done.

I looked up at the clock.

Omo, it's already been five hours! 

I headed out of my room to eat lunch. 

"Jinyoung-ah, what were you doing up there for so long?" Appa questioned me as I appeared in the kitchen. "The maids made something nice today, but it's already cold because you didn't come down in time."

"I was just looking at stuff," I grabbed a bowl of cold soup and handed it to a maid so she could warm it up. 

"Arraso, it's summer, anyways. You should enjoy your youthful summers while you can, however you want to spend them," Appa shrugged and went back to reading the newspaper. 

The maid came back and I took a sip of the soup. Appa was right; this was really good!

"Mrs. Kim! This soup is awesome!" I gave her a thumbs up.

"Thank you, Jinyoung-shii," the old maid bowed her head as she hustled around the kitchen.

While sipping the soup, I wondered whether or not the potion would work. Hm...

Then an idea popped up into my head.

_____________________

"Jinyoung, why did you call us here? You've been burrowing in your house for the past days, and now you want to talk to us? Sheesh, what kind of friend are you?" Sunwoo joked around as he entered my room.

"What did you call us here for?" Junghwan asked. 

"Hm...I think I can guess why," Chanshik snorted as he looked around my room. His eyes landed on the finished product which was in one of Omma's unused empty perfume bottles.

"Why?" Dongwoo asked, sitting on my bed.

"These are all the ingredients to that stupid love potion. Look, you even have the book opened here," Chanshik held the book up as evidence. 

"Eh? Jinja? Who's the lucky girl?" Junghwan grinned. 

"Um," I glanced out my window at the new neighbor's house. 

"Is she your new neighbor or something?" Dongwoo peered out the window, following my gaze.

"I bet she's a cutie," Sunwoo grinned.

"What's her name?" Chanshik asked. 

"Why does everyone keep on asking me that? I just met her once, you know!" I sighed exasperatedly.

"Ehhh? You mean, you don't even know her name?" Junghwan's eyes rounded. Okay, I'm not answering that.

"You know, instead of sitting here and pining over the girl, shouldn't you be over at her house learning about her?" Chanshik scoffed.

"And then end up in the friend zone, like you?" I teased, but Chanshik's face fell.

"Dude, I'm sorry! It was just a joke," I tried to comfort him.

"It's okay. It's a fact," Chanshik sighed. 

"Well, I agree with our maknae," Junghwan nodded his head, "Magic and potions are just make believe stuff. You should try to at least get to know her and see if you have a chance." 

"Fine," I sighed, looking at the unused potion just sitting on my desk.

____________________________

The boys were staring through my window, making sure I was okay. Taking a deep breath, I rang the doorbell.

And once again, the girl came down and opened the door, making her hair bounce and flow with natural grace.

"Oh, anyeong! You're the neighbor who gave us the delicious cake, right?" she smiled. 

"Y-yeah," I nervously played with my fingers. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Sunwoo facepalm himself through my window. 

"Is there anything you need?" she wondered. 

"Omma sent me here to see if you n-needed help with unpacking your stuff or anything," I stuttered.

"Jinja? Wow, that's really sweet. Here, come in," she welcomed me in. 

Blushing, I took a step into her house. It was almost just like mine, but the colors and themes were a bit different, a bit lighter, just like her. 

"I never got to ask, but what's your name?" I asked, "I'm Jinyoung, by the way."

"I'm Jaeri," she giggled. "I can already tell we're going to be really good friends."

.....

Great... 

I was just FRIEND ZONED...  TT.TT

________________________________

"Yah Jinyoung, how was it? Did you learn her name?" Sunwoo excitedly jumped up and down when I returned.

"Ne," I numbly answered.

"What is it?" Sunwoo jumped up and down, excited.

"Jinri."

"Wahhhh!!! Such a cute name," Sunwoo spazzed. 

"What's wrong? The mission was a success! You got to know her, so why do you look so down?" Junghwan questioned me.

"I was friend zoned," I sighed. 

"I don't understand how girls can just friend zone beautiful guys like us," Chanshik sympathized with me. 

"Well, they're going to be sympathizing you. I'm going to be using the potion," I made my way to my room. You know what? I'm just going to go with my original plan.

"Sunwoo-ah, come here," I motioned for Sunwoo to come over when everyone was occupied with something else in my room. 

"Do you need my comfort?" Sunwoo walked over to me.

"Um, not really," I spritzed some of the perfume onto Sunwoo. Sunwoo just stared at me, confused. Wait...Did it just fail? 

"Jinyoung-oppa! I didn't know you were so cute!" Sunwoo grinned goofily as he tried to hug me. 

"Omo! SUNWOO!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Dongwoo gasped as he tried to hold back Sunwoo. 

"But Jinyoung's so pretty," Sunwoo fawned over me. Okay.... This was a little creepy, but I can deal with it. 

"Jinyoung, y-you didn't use the love potion...did you?" Chanshik started backing away slowly.

I shrugged, "I thought you said that love potions didn't work." 

"They're not supposed to," Chanshik eyed the potion. 

"Don't even think about taking it, or I'll use it on you," I threatened. 

"Well, maybe you could try talking to her again and maybe shift your status," Junghwan advised. "I mean, using a love potion is basically like forcing someone to like you."

"Fine," I sighed. 

___________________________________

No one's POV

"He's going in, right?" Junghwan stared through the window. 

"Yup, he just entered Jinri's house," Sunwoo nodded. 

"Okay, guys! Time for a mission! Baro, CNU, Gongchan! We're going to do something about this potion!" Sandeul announced, now that they were in mission mode.

Baro had told the other three about how it felt to be under the love potion, and the threat that Jinyoung had made still hung in the air. They had to do something about it. None of them wanted to be the next victim.

"Yes sir!" the three lackeys agreed. 

"First of all, don't get any of the potion on you," Baro advised. 

"Maybe if we add a dose of sugar and salt, it'll cancel out or overload the potion," Gongchan wondered.

"Good idea," Dongwoo nodded, immediately locating the ingredients. 

"Hm, it says in the potion book that if we add two teaspoons of salt and sugar, the potion work anymore," Gongchan flipped through the book. 

"Hurry guys! He's coming back!" Baro started panicking. 

______________________________________

Jinyoung's POV

A few days later

I'm going to do it today. I'm going to give her that potion. 

I carefully wrapped the perfume bottle in a cute ribbon. Walking up the steps to Jinri's house, I didn't know whether or not I was doing the right thing. 

Forcing someone to love you.... Junghwan's words echoed in my mind.

No, forget about it! 

I shook my head, tossing out the thoughts, and pressed on the doorbell.

"Anyeong, Jinyoung!" Jinri grinned. Today, she was wearing some makeup, a hint of eyeliner and lip gloss.

"I-I brought a present for you!" I held out the perfume bottle, "I was in the mall with my friends, so I decided to get you something," I mumbled. 

"Kamsameheda!" she accepted the bottle, her eyes shining. 

"Um, try on the perfume," I grinned nervously. I don't think she even needed me to ask her, because she had already sprayed it on herself.

"It smells really good!" Jinri sniffed the air. 

"O-oh, is that all?" What happened? It worked on Sunwoo!! 

"Is there something wrong?" she asked obliviously. 

"U-Um...."

"Yes! We did it!" I heard a group of guys cheer from behind me. 

Turning around, I noticed Junghwan, Sunwoo, Chanshik, and Dongwoo cheering from behind a tree. Wait, don't tell it was them who screwed it up.

"That love potion actually did cancel out!" Junghwan cheered.

"Actually, it was all my work," Chanshik bragged.

"It was you guys?!" I spluttered, stomping up to the group of traitors. The group turned around, surprised at at my sudden appearance. 

"J-Jinyoung! We were just, um, passing by," Dongwoo made a lame excuse. 

"Who are they?" Jinri asked.

"We're his friends," Sunwoo chirped.

"Ex-friends," I corrected. 

"Well we basically helped you along the way of natural love!" Chanshik reasoned.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jinri pouted, unable to follow.

I replied, "It's no-" 

"Well, Jinyoung was making a love potion so that you could fall in love in him, but we sabotaged it, so now you're safe," Dongwoo explained, then cowered under my gaze.

"L-Love potion? Jinja?!" Jinri giggled, turning to me. 

"Um..." I blushed.

"Pabo, if you liked me, you should've just said so. Love potions are stupid," Jinri scolded, "And to apologize, you have to take me out for a date tomorrow."

"I didn't mean- Wait. Take you out for a date?" I couldn't believe my ears.

She nodded, giggling. "See you tomorrow!" Then she skipped into her house, and closed the door. 

"Well, I guess I'm out of the friend zone club, Chanshik," I winked, then jumped for joy.