Crushed Gifts

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

I slammed my locker shut, and headed into homeroom. I wonder if those guys have stopped fighting. Taecyeon and Junghwan just don't seem to get along very well, but it's really annoying that they have to bicker and shoot insults at one another like four year olds. Especially when they're right next to me. They sound like annoying mosquitoes. 

Sighing, I sat down in a desk, and not much later, Chanshik sat down next to me.

"You look tired," Chanshik smirked.

"Really?" 

"Did you age a hundred years or something?" 

"Nope, but I did have to deal with annoying four-year olds," I mumbled.

"Four year olds?" Chanshik asked.

"Aka Taecyeon and Junghwan. Taecyeon's usually not like that. He's not that immature as to attack someone with insults. In fact, he would usually try to see where he was wrong," I rubbed my temples. "And Junghwan... He even started the fight."

"Oh, that," Chanshik nodded. "Well, Junghwan told me that Taecyeon didn't leave you alone, like you told us he would. Maybe he changed since the last two years? Maybe he's not what you once thought he was."

"Yeah, that was a surprise," I sighed. "I was pretty sure he'd respect what I thought. But that was yesterday. Today's a new day," I grinned. "And I didn't even see Taecyeon once."

"That's because we're in homeroom," Chanshik chuckled.

"Hey guys!" Min chirped as she sat down in front of us. "How's life?"

"Normal," Chanshik answered.

"All right," I nodded.

"Great! Oh yeah, Suzy!" Min grinned at me. "When you have the time, look for Oppa! He has a surprise for you!" 

"Really," I furrowed my eyebrows in curiosity. 

"It's AMAZING~" Min sang.

"Can you tell me?" Chanshik asked. 

"Hm... Oppa told me not to tell anyone, but as long as you don't tell anyone, then I'll tell you!" Min squealed, and then she whispered something into Chanshik's ear.

And that's how rumors get started, Min. 

"Omo! Where will he put something that big?!" Chanshik's eyes rounded.

"I think he's going to carry them around the whole day," Min smiled. 

"They won't get crushed?" Chanshik asked.

"Maybe, but I think Oppa has it all worked out." 

Hm... So Taecyeon has something big and crushable.... Is it a paper box or something? 

_____________________________

Junghwan's POV

The homeroom bell rang, and I immediately jumped out of my seat. Are the flowers okay? I checked each flower bud to make sure they were all alive and not smushed. Yup, everything's A-okay. I just have to make sure I find Suzy first. 

--Flashback--

"So what's the contest?" I asked Taecyeon.

"Whoever gives her a bouquet of flowers and goes out on a date with her first. If I win, then you'll back off. If you win, then I'll back off," Taecyeon explained.

"Fine, but it starts tomorrow," I confirmed. 

"Sure, not that it'll change the outcome. I'm going to win, you know," Taecyeon winked.

--- End of flashback---

I crossed my fingers, hoping that Taecyeon hadn't found Suzy yet. All three of us were in the same class this period, and if I don't hurry up, Taecyeon will get to her first. 

As I turned the corner, I saw Taecyeon coming from one end of the hallway, and Suzy going down the other end. Taecyeon seemed to sense me, and we made eye contact for a brief second before we started sprinting. 

"SUZY-AH!!!" we both yelled in sync. Surprised, Suzy spun around. I'm almost there!!! 

Letting out a whoop of victory, I grabbed onto Suzy's hand and pulled her down a hallway with me, twisting from one hall to the next. Soon, we lost Taecyeon.  

"What are you doing?!" Suzy spluttered after we slowed down to a stop. "Yah! We have class you know! I-If we're skipping class, then we'll get a detention!! That'll leave a horrible blot on our record!! And think of the college resumés too!" 

I was too out of breath to answer, so I just shoved the half-dead flowers into her arms. 

"W-What is this?" Suzy inspected the wilted flowers.

"Sorry," I wheezed. "They were prettier this morning, but all that running must've killed them." 

"They're pretty," Suzy smiled, and that smile made the detention that was waiting for me worth it. 

I have to ask her now. Now's the perfect time! 

"S-Suzy-ah," I stammered. 

"Why are you all red?" Suzy looked up from her flowers.

"L-let's go on a date," I smiled shakily. 

Everything seemed to go silent as Suzy dropped the bouquet of flowers. The soft thud seemed to echo ominously.

"A-a date?" she stared at me. 

"Yeah," I was going to explain, but then she backed away and started running down the hallway. 

Well, that almost went according to plan....