Putting the Pieces Together

Club for Two

 

Before I knew it, I was out in the hallway with Taecyeon. I don't really know where he was going, but it seemed like the general direction to the nurse's office.

After I recovered from my shock, a bunch of questions popped up in my head.

"S-Stop!" I planted my feet into the ground.

"Suzy, are you alright?" Taecyeon asked, wrapping his arm around my lower back to support me.

"Let go of me!' I pushed him away. "Of course not! What did you mean you were my boyfriend for about two years!? I haven't even seen you in two years!" 

"I thought we were still going out during that time," Taecyeon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Then how come you didn't even call me or write to me?! HOW COME YOU DISAPPEARED FOR TWO WHOLE FREAKING YEARS?!" I almost yelled. 

"Yah! Shhhhhh!! Do you want to get a detention?!" Taecyeon snapped. "Let's go outside and talk, so you can yell to your heart's content." So I lead him to the elevators, and in about a minutes, we were outside. 

"So answer me," I folded my arms. 

"Well, first of all... uh... What were the questions again?" Taecyeon asked.

"HRUEIWOPIUAHH!!!!!" I let out a jumble of frustrated nonsense. "How come you didn't even talk to me in the last two years?! NOT EVEN ONE WORD!!!"

"What?! Yah! It's you who didn't talk!! I sent so many letters and texts, but you didn't even answer!" Taecyeon growled. 

"Wwwhaaat?!" I stared at him. What was he talking about?! I didn't get any- 

Omo. 

"So it's your fault," Taecyeon looked at my face, and must've seen my moment of realization dawn on my face.

What happened was I had moved when Appa and Umma got the letter from school that I was accepted and that I would be supported on full scholarship, not to mention that they would also give a bit more money because they were eager for me to stay in school. Because of that, Umma and Appa got a new house, and got me a new phone too! 

"Whoops," I muttered. "Wait, then why didn't you tell me you were going to the States?! You could've at least told me something!"

"Well, I was going to, but then my parents sent Min to come get me to surprise me. They wanted to catch me off guard, and that exact same day when I heard I was going to the States, we left," Taecyeon explained.

"Wait, what?! Isn't that a bit too... cruel? Didn't you have to pack up your things?!" I demanded, trying to find a loophole in his explanation. I didn't know why, but I just felt like I needed to find some proof for what I had thought all was actually going on all these years.  

"I guess is was a bit cruel... I was so caught up in what was happening that I forgot to tell you what had happened. When I had remembered to tell you, it was about a month later because I was too busy moving in to the States," Taecyeon shrugged.

"And when you had the time, you were too late," I filled in the gaps. "I had moved and gotten a new cellphone."

"Wait, jinja?!" Taecyeon stared at me. "So that's why when I went over to your old apartment, you weren't there!"

"So you said you were still my boyfriend?" I lifted an eyebrow, still trying to figure out that one puzzle piece that irked me.

"Of course I am! We never decided to break up, did we?!" Taecyeon asked.

"Um, so what's Min doing in the picture, huh?" I grunted.

"What about her?" Taecyeon asked innocently. Oh no! Don't you dare put on that innocent face!

"Why are you hanging out with her?! You guys look like a couple," I observed his reaction carefully.

At first, Taecyeon just stared at me. Then he turned red... really red. His cheeks started puffing up, and then he exhaled a thunder of laughter.

"S-SERIOUSLY?! JINJA?! TH-THAT STUPID GIRL?! OMO, SUZY, YOU'RE MAKING ME LAUGH SO HARD!!" Taecyeon had to lean against a tree to steady himself.

"It's not nice to call a girl stupid," I muttered, confused. Why is he calling her stupid and laughing when he looked at her so tenderly. 

"Sorry, it's just funny. I mean, Min's my cousin!" Taecyeon wiped the tears away from his eyes.

MWOHHHHH?!?!?!?

"T-Then- " I spluttered. It was all a misunderstanding. Darn it, Suzy! If only I hadn't warped things around in my head!!! Surprisingly, though, I didn't feel all that relieved as I thought I would be. It was as if I didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore, and that I just... nope. Whatever. That thought's going out of my mind! 

"So I'm guessing we're still together," Taecyeon's face turned serious as he pulled me closer to him.

I've done this so many times when I was with him. It should've felt natural for me to lean closer to him and then melt in his arms. But it wasn't happening this time. No, this felt wrong, like something wasn't clicking. 

Instead of Taecyeon, I saw someone else's eyes instead. 

"Suzy?" Taecyeon asked, his eyes opening when he didn't feel my touch.

"Um, I'm not used to this," I muttered. "It's been a long time, and well, I thought we were over. I guess it'll have to take some time for me to-"

"Wait," Taecyeon stopped me. "Cut straight to the chase. Don't beat around the bush."

I sighed, and then took a deep breath.

"I think we should be over," I stated, cringing.