A New Student?

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

"Why is everyone so buzzy today?" I lifted an eyebrow as I plopped down in my desk. 

Homeroom was usually a bit chatty, but now, everyone seemed to be excited about something.

"I'm not quite sure," Chanshik furrowed his eyebrows. "But from what I've heard, it's about those new transfer students." 

"Jinja?!" I raised an eyebrow. "Where are they from?" 

"Apparently they're from the States? Aish, it's not as if they're models or anything," Chanshik shook his head, 

Tilting my head, I eavesdropped on a conversation a few desks away.

"Did you see him? He's so H.A.W.T!!" girl one squealed. 

"I bet under that shirt are some tan chocolate abbs," girl two fangirled. 

"And did you see how tall he was? And his smile, omo, why is he so hot?!" girl one sighed dreamily. 

"Maybe they are," I smirked. 

"Oh yeah, here's the book you wanted to read," Chanshik handed me a book I've waited weeks for. 

"Finally! I was dying to read it!" I squealed, flipping through the pages. 

"Yeah yeah, don't damage it," Chanshik snorted. 

"Why would I?!" I gasped. 

"I was just kidding," Chanshik chuckled punching me lightly. 

In the past, this gesture would've made my heart beat like crazy. I would've giggled hysterically and blush like a madwoman. Now... I guess I just got over him. 

I smiled a bit, realizing how much I'd changed over the past year. 

He opened his mouth to say something, but I tuned him out, realizing that something strange was going on. The whispers and excited tones that had echoed in the room seemed to change into something malevolent. 

"What is she doing?! Getting all flirty with our Chanshik," a girl behind me whispered, loud enough for Chanshik and I to hear. Heat rushed up into my cheeks, and I tried not to duck my head.

"Don't listen to them," Chanshik tried to comfort me, glaring at the girls who were gossiping. 

"And for your information, just because we're talking doesn't mean we're flirting," I shot back at the girls. Proud of myself, I turned back around to face Chanshik. 

"So what were you saying?" I blinked. Chanshik's face seemed a bit pained. 

"O-Oh, um, oh yeah, so-" he started to talk, when the teacher interrupted us.

"Quiet down, everyone! We have a new student with us today! Be sure to make her feel welcome," Seongsaengnim reminded us. "Minyoung, you can come in." 

So it was a girl, huh.

The class waited in anticipation as the new student hesitantly walked in. She was tall, but not taller than me. She looked a bit frail, and she had some killer pouty lips, but she was definitely pretty. She floated into the room, like a butterfly. 

Just like that girl. That girl that took Taecyeon-oppa away from me. 

Now that I think about... She does kind of look like that girl.

"Anyeonghaseyo," she smiled softly, "I'm Lee Minyoung. I just came back from the States. You can call me Min. I hope we can get along." As she spoke, she looked around the room, scanning all of our eyes. 

Already, I saw hearts forming in the boys' eyes. I glanced at Chanshik to see if he was also caught under Minyoung's spell. 

Instead, he was hiding a book under his desk, skimming through the contents. 

"Yah! Chanshik! Pay attention!" I elbowed him.

"Wae? I want to read," he sighed, putting the book away.

"Does anyone want to ask Min a question?Maybe...abo ut the States and their culture?" Seongsaengnim prompted, trying to get us to catch on and learn about international culture. 

Five billions hands shot up, mainly guys. 

"When's your birthday?" a guy asked.

"June 21" Min smiled. 

"What are your favorite subjects?" another guy asked. 

"Dance and Music," Min answered.

"What's your favorite food?" 

"Carrots."

"Will you go out with me?" an aspiring boy asked. Min just stared at him; then her cheeks started heating up furiously.

"U-um, well, I don't know you very well, so..." Min shook her head.

"Oh," the boy sighed, his face downcast. "Wait, if you knew me, then would you go out with me?" 

"Jokwon, be polite," Seongsaengnim scolded him. "How's the U.S. compared to here?" he directed a question to Min.

"There's a lot of space and trees. I guess it depends where you live, but I lived in New York City, and it's almost the same as here," Min explained. "The foods richer and greasier, but it's really tasty." 

Another hand shot up, this time, it was a girl's. 

"I heard there was another transfer student in our grade. Do you know him?" she asked.

"Are you talking about Taecyeon-oppa?" her eyes lit up.

Taecyeon-oppa?!

I instinctively reached for Chanshik's hands, blood draining from my face. It couldn't be... BUT IT ALL MADE SENSE!!

"Suzy, aren't you squeezing a little too tightly? I mean, it's nice you're holding my hand and all, but your hand's a little bit too cold and clammy. Maybe you-" Chanshik stared at me. "Omo, Suzy. You don't look alright." 

That's because I'm not.