May I Have This Dance?

Club for Two

 

Junghwan's POV

"Are you sure I look alright, Umma?" I questioned. I was wearing a pitch black tuxedo with a ridiculous red bow tie, as what the dress code was for Jinyoung's party. The girl's basically got to wear anything they wanted, as long as it was fancy. 

"Oppa, stop whining. You look great," Jeonghae sighed. 

"I didn't ask you," I snapped.

"Jeonghae's right," Umma answered. "You look great! If only it weren't for the bow tie..." 

"Why did Jinyoung require a bow tie?!" I spluttered.

"Because he wants to make you suffer," Jeonghae grinned, and then turned around to check the clock. "Now hurry up and go into the limousine and pick Suzy up. She's your date, right?"

"Right," I nodded, trying to forget about the bow tie. 

"Have a great time!" Umma smiled as I left. 

__________________________________

Nervously, I played with the box in my hands as I walked up to Suzy's apartment. Will my bow tie look stupid? ... Well, obviously. Will she ditch me in the middle of the dance for another partner?! My heart plunged at the thought, but my mind knew that she wouldn't. Suzy wasn't that kind of girl. 

After I had asked Suzy to go with me to the dance, Jeonghae and Umma brought her to go shopping for a dress and for some girly things. 

I wiped my hands on my blazer before I knocked on Suzy's door. As I shifted from one leg to the other, I heard whispers from the other side of the door. 

"We'll be right there!" I heard Suzy's umma call. I heard frantic shuffling and a loud bang, which was followed by a rather loud curse from Suzy.

"Suzy-ah! Do you want me to wash your mouth out with soap?!" Suzy's mom scolded. 

"A-ani! Mianhe!" Suzy apologized as the door opened. I tried to wipe away the smile that had appeared on my face because of what I'd heard, but it was no use.

"Darn it, you heard it, didn't you?" Suzy sighed as she exited her apartment.

I lost my breath as my eyes traveled from her head all the way down to her feet. I must say, Jeonghae and Umma did a pretty nice job. Suzy was wearing a red dress that stopped a few inches above her knees. It was strapless, exposing her pale shoulders. The top part clung to her body, while at the waist, there was a white ribbon, and the rest of the dress was fluffy with ruffles and tiny white cloth roses. Half her hair was pulled back and held with a simple, but stylish clip, and the bottom part of her hair gradually swirled up into smooth curls. Her ears were studded with simple white marble studs, and her four-inch high heels were also white, making her almost my height (good thing I decided to wear insoles).  

"I try to think it gives you character," I managed to answer.

"Label it whatever you like," Mrs. Bae chatised. "But under my roof, not a single dirty word is to be spoken."

Suzy opened , "Umma, technically, we don't have a roof-"

"Shhh. No talking back. Just run off and have fun before I change my mind and ground you for the next month," Mrs. Bae waved her off. "Make sure to take pictures at the party!" 

The door closed behind us, leaving us to stand awkwardly together. I had my eyes fixated upon my fingers because of my nerves.

"Yah, Junghwan. Are we gunna go or what?" Suzy asked. 

"Oh right!" I snapped into attention, looking at her. I opened the now slightly dampened box in my hands, and pulled out a corsage made with red roses. Slowly, I reached for Suzy's right arm, and slid the corsage onto her wrist. "Isn't it pretty?"

Suzy smiled with glittering eyes, "Thanks." 

________________________________

As Mr. Kim stopped at Jinyoung's place, Suzy seemed to be trembling a bit.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"A-ani," Suzy shook her head. "I won't get bullied for not knowing how to dance... right?"

"You don't know how to dance?!" 

"Um... I haven't exactly gotten the chance to learn," Suzy trailed off.

Biting back a grin, I said, "It's ok. I'm pretty good, so I'll teach you." I opened the door, stepped out, and held out my hand to help Suzy get out of the car. 

When Suzy and I stepped into the house, pop music was booming in the air, and people were scattered throughout all the rooms holding drinks and chatting. 

"Not exactly a dance, is it?" Suzy smirked. "Is this a social convention?"

"It's just a party to celebrate Jinyoung's and Jinri's anniversary," I explained. "Nothing fancy."

"Sure, nothing fancy except that everyone's wearing either a tuxedo or a 500000 won dress," Suzy snorted.

"There you are!" Jinyoung barged into our conversation with Jinri. "Why are you so late?"

"Traffic," I answered sourly. 

"Aaaah," Jinyoung nodded. 

"Hey," Jinri grinned at me. "You must be Suzy."

"Hi," Suzy squeaked. "And you're Jinri?"

"You know, I've heard a lot of rumors about you that weren't so pleasant, but you don't look so bad," Jinri scrutinized.

"Um... thanks?" Suzy winced.

"Are the other boys here yet?" I asked, looking around. Maybe Jinyoung can go talk to them and leave Suzy and me alone.

"Only Chanshik-ah. Guess who his date is," Jinyoung grinned.

"Yuri?" I answered. 

"Min," Jinyoung cackled.

"Omo, jinja?!" Suzy's eyes grew wide. 

"Then why don't you talk to them?" I forced a smile.

"Oh, we already did," Jinri chirped. "For about an hour."

"Then go talk to them some more," I tried to not sound impatient. "I'm sure you don't know Min that well, so go get to know her."

Jinyoung was staring at me thoughtfully, and then said, "Arraso, Junghwan-ah. Jinri-ah, let's go bug Chanshik-ah. Junghwan-ah seems kind of busy." Then he look at me, "Oh yeah, my room's empty, just ignore the KEEP OUT sign."

Jinyoung put his hand behind Jinri's lower back, directed a wink at me, and the two left.

"So, are you hungry?" I asked Suzy, who was still staring in the direction Jinyoung and Jinri had went. 

"Not really. I already ate dinner," she grimaced. 

"Oh that's cool. I was wondering since I already ate too," I lied. I willed my empty stomach not to growl. "Would you like me to teach you how to dance now?" 

"In front of all these people?!" Suzy squeaked. "I'll trip and fall, and cause everyone to fall like dominoes and -"

"Calm down," I laughed out loud. "I know a room where there are no people... Well, there is supposed no one in the room. So you can trip and fall all you want without causing a domino effect."

With that said, I reached for her hand and started leading her up the Jinyoung's room. I couldn't look back, because I was scared to see what expression Suzy had conjured up. It took us some time to get to his room, and I had to constantly pull down my bangs and lower my head so that no one would recognize my face and stop us. 

"Doesn't this say KEEP OUT?" Suzy asked. 

"Yeah, because Jinyoung doesn't like people touching his stuff," I shrugged. "It's okay though. He told me we could use the room."

Even on the second floor, there were people casually hanging around, but not so many. It was just the few couples that wanted some privacy from the calamity happening downstairs. I saw Hara and Junhyung, a newly formed couple, whispering to each other and giggling in their own little world. In fact, all the couples were basically doing the same thing, and were too involved with each other to notice the two of us quietly sneak into Jinyoung's room. 

Jinyoung's room had plain beige walls. It had a comforting effect, and his room was altogether pretty neat. Soft light came from a single lamp that was at the corner of the room. As I had expected, his room was pretty empty, with only a bed in the corner, a desk in another, a mirror, and a glass door that lead outside to his own little personal balcony. 

"Wow. Jinyoung's room's really... clean," Suzy looked around, surprised. 

"Yeah, sort of unexpected from a guy," I shrugged. At that moment the booming song downstairs stopped, and a nice tilting waltz came on. I took Suzy's hands and put them on my shoulders, and mine around her waist. "Here, I'll teach you how to waltz."

As I instructed Suzy the order of the steps, her eyes furrowed down in concentration, and she was always staring at our feet, careful not to trip and fall. We slowly danced around the room. I let her look down for a while, but  then I said, "You can't always stare at our feet. Just trust yourself."

I expected her to look up at me, but instead she mumbled, "Give me five more minutes to get the footwork right."

"In five more minutes, the song will be over," I smirked.

"Fine," she sighed, lifting her head up all of a sudden. While Suzy had her head down, I don't know what happened, but we must've gotten closer and closer to each other, because when she lifted her head up, her eyes were directly looking into mine. I stepped back in surprise, and fell onto the bed which was right behind me. My hands were still on Suzy's trim waist, and all of a sudden she was on top of me.

My heart hammered as Suzy's body fell on top of mine, and let's just say I'm a healthy boy and tend to notice when a feminine body- especially the one belonging to a girl I love- comes in contact with mine. 

I tried to look away, anywhere at Suzy, but my rebellious eyes wouldn't tear away from Suzy's face. She had propped herself up on her hands so she could get up. Her hair had fallen forward, and since she was leaning over me, the loose strands of the part of her hair that had been tied up fell forward too, making her look a bit messy, but still classy. Her cheeks had gotten pink and her face was hovering in shock about 5 inches away from my face.

And before I knew it, I had closed the gap, and I had locked my lips on her's.

___________________

Suzy's POV

HOLY. CRAP.

WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?! W-WHAT?!?! 

I just lifted my head up, just as Junghwan asked. Then all of a sudden, he was pulled my waist down onto the bed ... well technically on top of him... and then kissed me. 

Does this count as ual harassment?

But the weird thing was, I didn't exactly hate it. The fact that our lips were touching right now. 

To my surprise, I actually liked it, but I was too shocked. I liked how Junghwan's lips were surprisingly soft, the ways he wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me close to his body, but I was frozen, like a statue.

Just as quickly as the kiss had started, it stopped.

"M-mianhe!" Junghwan blushed, pulling away. "I-I don't know what came over me- I just- I don't know! It was as if my body were moving on its own! It's like- you know- when"

Sometimes, Junghwan talks way too much. To shut him up, I closed my eyes and closed the gap right back up. 

 



Hey!!! Hehehehe ^.^ '

Yeah... I said I'd update every single day... but I didn't cuz I got writer's block EVEN WHEN I HAD THE SUMMARY WRITTEN OUT!!! 

But yeah, finally. They're a couple!!! SQUEEEEEEEAL!!!

oh yeah. So this series is almost done TT.TT

just two more chapters guys.... 

THANKS FOR COMMENTING!!!

Hope you guys comment on the next chapter and the next chapter too!!! 

LOVE YOU!!! <3