Christmas Tree Decorating

Club for Two

Suzy's POV

I hauled the bags of decorations we had bought a few days before up the garage stairs and dumped them on the living room floor. The Christmas tree had arrived about an hour earlier by truck, and Junghwan and I had hauled the Christmas tree in. 

One would've thought Junghwan's maids were around to help...BUT NO!! They were let off to go enjoy the last few weeks of the year with their families. Now it was just Junghwan and me. Oh right, I forgot to mention his HUGE family too, who will be arriving six hours later. 

"Um, Junghwan, maybe you could help a little bit? You can't honestly expect me to drag all of those bags up here," I asked Junghwan, who had collapsed on the couch after we brought the Christmas tree and hadn't gotten up since then. 

"But this is tiring~" he complained.

"Stop being lazy and get up!" I took his hand to pull him up. What happened to that sweet boy who gave me a pig plushie?! 

He let me pull him up and proceeded to help me bring the rest of the bags inside. The decorations were on one side of the room, the gifts on the other, and the towering Christmas tree in the middle. The room's ceiling was pretty high, so the tree wasn't smushed. The decorations we had bought were delicate and beautiful. Some were intricate glass figures, and others were the traditional metal colored orbs. We also got candy canes to hang on the tree for the children (which was my idea).

Junghwan had invited me to stay over for his Christmas party. I wasn't quite sure about it, but he said it would be a blast.

"I'm going to go get the ladder," Junghwan said as he left the room. I started decorating the tree by putting a few orbs on the low hanging tree. When I had finished the part of the tree that I could reach, Junghwan finally came back, towing in a tall ladder that could've reached the top of the tree. I was pretty impressed that he pull that in, which the amount of muscles he had. 

"You're lighter, Suzy, so you go up," he set the ladder up. I sighed. I actually have a phobia of heights, but it usually only starts affecting me when I'm about twenty feet high.

I climbed on while Junghwan held onto the bottom to make it more stable. He handed me some ornaments to put up, and I balanced on the ladder to hang them on the tree.

"Suzy, put that ornament a little bit more to the right," Junghwan pointed. This went on for a whole hour, until it was finally time to put up the star. The highest ornament on the tree. 

"Junghwan, do you want to go there? You haven't gotten on yet," I offered, trying to look like it didn't care much to me. 

"It's okay. I think holding onto the bottom of the ladder should be my job," he winked. 

"Oh, okay," I gulped. I could've told him that I had a phobia of heights, but I didn't. He might call me a sissy... and I really don't need to hear that right now. 

I looked at the star I was holding, hoping that it would give me some courage. It was made of silver and gold, with glass pebbles embedded in it, so it could catch the light. When I saw it, I knew we had to get it.

I climbed the ladder, my heart pounding. When I reached the top, I felt my head grow dizzy, and everything grew foggy. Great, I'm going to die because I tried to decorate a Christmas tree...How pathetic is that?!

In the background, I heard a faint ringing sound, like a doorbell, but it didn't register in my mind. 

I placed the star snugly on the top of the Christmas tree, without falling and fatally harming myself.  

"Junghwan! Look! I-" I turned around, joyful that I hadn't killed myself. But I had turned around way too fast throwing off my balance, and SOMEONE wasn't there holding down the ladder, so when I had tried to catch myself, I pulled the ladder down with me. 

I really am going to die now...or mortally injure myself and have a short trip to heaven.

_____________________

Junghwan's POV

The doorbell rang when Suzy was taking a freaking long time putting up the star. Was something wrong with her? I saw her arm shaking a bit...Is she scared of heights?

But I dismissed the thought as I let go of the ladder to see who had rang the doorbell. That was when Suzy somehow threw herself off the ladder.

"AHHHH!!!" she screamed, making me turn around to see what was happening.

I dove underneath her to catch her, and she landed on top of me, knocking the air out of me. She wasn't as heavy as I thought she would be.

"Suzy, what's happen-" Then I saw the incoming ladder. I flipped Suzy over, so I was covering her, and braced for impact. 

CRACK!!

HOLY %$*#)_)$(%*!! What was that crack my back? I tried inspect my back, when I realized Suzy was staring up at me. 

She looked horrified, all pale and white like a ghost. I was shocked by her closeness, because this was the first time I had ever actually gotten a good look at Suzy. During clubs, we would always be sitting across from each other, and concentrating on our projects, so I had never goten a good look. 

Who knew her eyes were this large? They were like huge mirrors, and I could see myself in them, astounded. She looked like a doll, and the closeness was making my heart pound. 

She was shaking like a leaf, her eyes focused on the distance, like she was remembering something. Instinctively, I raised an hand to smooth back her hair to calm her down.

"Suzy, are you hurt?" I whispered softly. 

"Huh?" she seemed to focus on me. Her eyes pulled me in, and before I knew it, I was a few inches from her face.

"JUNGHWAN-OPPA!! ARE YOU SEDUCING SOMEONE?!" a familiar girl's voice broke my trance.