Chapter 32

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

I changed the poster smileybetter?

.

.

.

.

It was the weekend and Jaejoong invited his friends to come over for a small party since they had not spend time together lately because of each other’s commitment.

 

“Hyung, I’m frustrated now.” Yoochun said as he sipped the fruit juice from the can. “Why?” Yunho asked him back.

 

Jaejoong and Joonhee were busy on the grill, grilling all the meat and sausages that they had bought for the party. While for Changmin and Yoonji, they were having their own lovey-dovey time, babysitting Sarang.

 

“We’re the only single men here. Jaejoong hyung had Joonhee noona, Changmin had Yoonji and Junsu had Mari. Seriously, when will we have girlfriends?” Yoochun said with an irritated expression. “You’re depressing me.” Yunho slammed his head on the table.

 

“My mother arranged so many blind dates for me and you will not want to know what kind of women she arranged me to meet with.” Yunho shook his head, tried to make the memories of his blind dates get out of his head. “She is desperate to have grandchildren since she met Sarang.” Yunho sighed again.

 

“She said it’s okay if I got a girl pregnant before we get married.” Yunho said. “Now I’m worried that mom might tell Jihye to get married too.” Yunho continued, felt worried about his little sister.

 

“Is your sister still single hyung?” Yoochun suddenly blurted out.

 

“Yahh! Don’t come near her!” Yunho quickly raised his head, warning Yoochun. “Whenever she is around you, stay 7 inches from her!” Yunho showed his fist to Yoochun.

 

“Aish, I’m just kidding, you see.” Yoochun replied.

 

“Changmin, no!” Suddenly, Yoonji’s voice became aloud when she and Changmin fought over a plate of the grilled meat that Jaejoong just served on the plate. “Come on, I want some too~” Changmin whined cutely, something that his hyungs rarely seen.

 

“No! This is mine~” Yoonji passed Sarang to Joonhee and ran away with the plate of grilled meat. “Yoonji~” Changmin pouted as he chased over his girlfriend and…the meat.

 

“I envy them.” Yoochun sighed again, followed by Yunho.

 

“Dear God, I am a good man. I never sleep with any women, well not yet, I work diligently, and I love my parents and sister. Could you please make me meet a good woman?” Yunho crossed his fingers together.

 

-

 

“Seriously, I don’t want to go there.” Jaejoong pointed to the place where Yoochun and Yunho let out their frustration to each other. “Why?” Joonhee replied as she cradled Sarang in her embrace.

 

“You may not want to come near me after that because I’ve been like them.” Jaejoong chuckled as he shook his head, laughing at his two friends who kept whining and sighing over small matter.

 

“Jae, can I ask you something?” Joonhee thought it might be the best time to ask her husband. “What?” Jaejoong smiled at her while wiping the sweat on his forehead with a small towel.

 

“Why you don’t tell me about Kim Haneul?” Joonhee looked into his eyes.

 

“Because I think there is nothing to be told off.” Jaejoong replied honestly. “She’s your cousin, right?” Joonhee took the towel and helped to wipe Jaejoong’s sweat. “Yes. But her family’s company doesn’t have anything to do with mine.” Jaejoong tipped Sarang’s nose and the latter squealed cutely.

 

“I know that, Yoochun told me already. But why is she said you two are half-related?” Joonhee asked in curiosity. “She said that?” Jaejoong asked back. Joonhee nodded to answer his question.

 

“We’re not really related actually. Her mother married my uncle when Haneul was three. And my uncle was totally not her biological father.” Jaejoong explained. “My late grandmother is very delighted that uncle gets married so she registered Haneul’s name under our family name.” Jaejoong continued talking as he took a bite of the freshly grilled meat into his mouth.

 

“She called you oppa…are you two close?”

 

“Why? You’re jealous?” Jaejoong wiggled his eyebrows. “N-no…!” Joonhee denied and quickly shifted her attention to Sarang. “Yes, you are jealous.” Jaejoong leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. Sarang innocently watched her parents kissing with her doe-eyes.

 

“She kind of obsessed with me before,” Jaejoong said after he broke the kiss and stared deeply into Joonhee’s eyes. “W-when…?” Joonhee blinked few times in disbelief. Someone as beautiful as Kim Haneul was obsessed over her husband?

 

“When I was in middle school, she enrolled in the same school as me.” Jaejoong started the story as he still concentrated on the meat on the griller. “Because I consider her as my family, I thought I must be kind to her, so I helped her to adjust herself.”

 

“We hang out a lot and I think she is cute, warm and kind,” Jaejoong squinted his eyes to see his wife’s reaction. Joonhee was silently pouting her lips as the response toward Jaejoong’s words.

 

“…but I think of her just as a younger sister. You know I don’t have any siblings and I would like to have one.” Jaejoong smiled slyly, noticed that she was jealous.

 

“After a period of time, I dated my classmate then broke up two months later because of Haneul.” Jaejoong sighed a bit. “What happen?” Joonhee turned to his way. “Haneul, well…she did a lot of things to my ex-girlfriend.”

 

“Haneul put dead animals inside her locker, table…she put thumbtacks inside her shoes too…aside from that, Haneul kept disturbing her personal life too. Haneul spread negative news about her that humiliated her since everyone in school believed what Haneul said.”

 

“I knew it was all her fault after I caught her on my own, trying to pour poison into my ex-girlfriend’s drink.” Joonhee was shivered hearing Jaejoong’s story. “I moved away as soon as I end middle school but she kept followed me. You don’t want to hear what I said to her to make her leave me alone.” Jaejoong ended his story.

 

“It had been years since then and I’m sure as an adult, she can think what is right and what is wrong. Even if she has any bad intention toward you, I won’t let her hurt you.” Jaejoong leave the griller and hugged her tightly.

 

But then, a soft push between them made Jaejoong and Joonhee look down. Sarang was softly waved her small hands between Jaejoong and Joonhee since she felt discomfort being stuffed by her parents.

 

“Aigoo, mianhae Sarang…omma didn’t remember you are here too…” Joonhee quickly patted her back slowly. Sarang furrowed as her face was flush in red and she was pouted, exactly the same as Jaejoong.

 

“She is pouting like me,” Jaejoong grinned watching his beautiful daughter. “Yes, exactly like you.” Joonhee smiled warmly. “You’re so cute, a copy of me…” Jaejoong kissed Sarang’s forehead.

.

.

.

.

happy moments before all the dramawink

i'm going to make your brain work

on the next chaptercool

bad me

loving all the comments!heart