Chapter 28

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

“Good morning.” That was the first thing Joonhee heard as soon as she opened her eyes slowly and be greeted by Jaejoong’s smiling face. “M-morning…” She replied awkwardly.

 

“You’re so beautiful…” Jaejoong traced his fingers on her face. From her eyes to her nose then  stopped at her lips. Joonhee looked at him with a puzzled expression. “And I’m so glad that you’re mine.” Jaejoong leaned forward and sealed their lips for a few good minutes.

 

“Uhm…” Joonhee couldn’t utter any words after the long kiss. Their eyes were locked on each other. “I…” She scratched her head awkwardly. “Look at me…” Jaejoong held her chin to face him.

 

“…and tell me you love me. I want to hear it again.” Jaejoong smiled sincerely.

 

Joonhee gazed softly into his eyes. Her mind was playing back everything that happened to Jaejoong and her. Slowly, her lips curved upward forming a smile.

 

“Kim Jaejoong, I love you…” She leaned forward and slowly pressing her lips on Jaejoong’s.

 

“…I love you so much…” Joonhee broke the kiss, and then kissed him again.

 

“…so much…till I feel like my heart will burst…” She smiled shyly after the kiss. Jaejoong was leaved in astonishment because of her action. “Jae? …are you still here with me?” His eye blinked a few times before Joonhee shook him lightly.

 

“Y-yes…” Jaejoong nodded few times. Joonhee chuckled seeing him like that. “Are you laughing at me?” Jaejoong pouted. Joonhee quickly hid her smile and shook. “Yes, you are.” Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows. He wrapped his hands around her waist and brought her closer.

 

“Should I teach you a bit?” He smiled mischievously.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Buy all the shares. I want to see how far that woman can stand to see her family fall.” She smirked as she gave her people order through the phone. “Call me if you have any news.” She hung the phone. “Han Joonhee…” She tsk-ed and shook her head. “You’re damned for stealing my man.”

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Jae!” Joonhee pushed him when he tickled her hard. She couldn’t stop her laugh till her tears burst. “Stop, Jae! I’m tired of laughing!!” Joonhee tried to tickle him back but failed. “Keep on laughing. I love to hear your laugh...” Jaejoong smirked as he kept on tickling her. He stopped when Joonhee started to cough unstoppably.

 

“Are you okay now?” He asked in guilty after she finished coughing. “…I’m okay.” She smiled and leaned her head on Jaejoong’s shoulder. “Jae, let’s pick Sarang from Changmin?” She asked. Jaejoong pulled her into his embrace and let her rest her head on his chest. “Let Changmin look after her one more day…” Jaejoong kissed the back of her head.

 

 “But I miss our daughter already…” She pouted. “…don’t you?” She looked at Jaejoong again, this time with her shiny rounded eyes. “…okay.” Jaejoong slowly smiled. Jaejoong felt grateful that Joonhee finally had opened up to him now. No more obstacles in their relationship and they could live like a normal family, Jaejoong silently hoped and prayed inside his heart.

 

Suddenly, Jaejoong’s phone was ringing. “Hello?” Jaejoong answered in a serious tone. “…what?” Joonhee studied Jaejoong’s serious expression. ‘Must be about his work’, she thought. “…okay. I’ll try…I’ll call you after this. Thank you for informing this important matter.” He hung on the phone.

 

“Babe…” Jaejoong’s expression became soft again when he called Joonhee. “…yes?” She smiled at him. “…do you hold any shares in your parents’ company?” Joonhee became stiff hearing his question. “Joonhee…”

 

“I-I do. W-why?” Joonhee asked curiously. Jaejoong sighed and held her tightly. “Someone bought almost half of your parent’s shares. And…” Jaejoong looked at her. “Look like the company is in danger. It may fall into other people’s hand.”

 

Joonhee then changed her position. Her knees were brought near her chin as she thinking about something. “Are you okay?” Jaejoong asked and she shook her head, didn’t bother to reply him with words. “I’ll handle this, okay?” Jaejoong held her hands tightly.

 

“I’ll go to the office first. Stay home…I’ll pick up Sarang on my way home.” Jaejoong stood up and went inside their bedroom to change into his work apparel. “Wait for me.” Jaejoong kissed her forehead and headed out to his office.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Appa! I do this for you! Is it beautiful?” The innocence little girl showed her father the paper crane that she did on her own with a cheerful smile on her face. “Yes, yes…it is…go play with the maids.” Her father pushed her away without taking a glance at her. “Appa…” She pouted and crossed her arms to get his attention but he ignored her.

 

The little girl walked out of her father’s work room and ran to the other room. “Omma!!” She called her mother loudly followed by a loud sound then. “Oh my God!” The woman bend down to pick up the shattered vase. “Omma…”

 

“Look what have you done! Omma told you never disturb me when I’m inside here, right?” Her mother shouted angrily at her, shocking the little girl. The paper crane fell to the ground.

 

“Get out! Mrs. Lee!! Come here quickly!!” Her mother shouted calling their housekeeper. “Y-yes, Mrs. Han?” The old lady appeared in just a minute. “Take her out! I pay you to look after her, didn’t I?” She looked at the old lady with a scary expression.

 

“Yes, Mrs. Han…let’s go out Miss Han?” She took the little girl’s hand. “But…” The little girl tried to speak but the old lady already pulled her hand quickly. “You’re such a nuisance!” The mother said angrily and closed the door. The girl’s eyes became wider when she saw her mother stomped on the paper crane when she closed the door.

 

“Ah!” Joonhee opened her eyes widely. Sweats forming on her forehead and her breath became heavy. She wiped the sweat with her hands. Her tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks, remembering back the first time she knew the meaning of broken-hearted. And to make it more painful, it was her own flesh and blood that did it to her.

 

“What should I do?” Joonhee bit her lips hardly to the point it almost bleeding.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Now, woman…” She sipped the wine arrogantly. “…what will you do?” She jeered, as if the person was in front of her. “I’m waiting…” She hummed rhythmically.

 

.

.

.

.

UPDATED!!!!

i'm so so so so so so sorry for the late update *bow*

i went on a trip and sick till now

*achoooo*

 

92 subscribers? I LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUU

thanks for subscribing!

keep on commenting!

DEAR SILENT READERS...

I KNOW YOU'RE THERE (",)

comment please?