Chapter 29

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

“So, there is no other way?” Joonhee asked Yoochun, who just been appointed as her attorney. “I don’t think there is. You’re the second largest shareholder and the company will fall in your hand if anything happened to the largest shareholder, which is your parents.” Yoochun said as he read through the documents again.

 

“The current situation is not in your parents’ favor, baby…” Jaejoong caressed her hand. “…and I’m sorry I couldn’t do anything.” Jaejoong apologized again for the nth time. He had tried to help his in-laws but since he had no power in their company, he couldn’t interfere. “It’s okay…”

 

“I know you have tried your best.” Joonhee smiled to cheer her husband. “This leaves me with no other choice than take over the management, right?” Joonhee asked Yoochun in a serious tone. Yoochun quickly replied with a slight nod.

 

“Where are they? I demand to see them right now!” a shouting voice disturbing their serious discussion.

 

“Who’s that? I thought I have told my secretary that I don’t want to be disturbed right now.” Yoochun walked out of his room, leaving Jaejoong and Joonhee looked at each other in curious way.

 

“Get out of my way!” As the voice was much clearer, Joonhee quickly stood up.

 

“W-what’s wrong, baby?” Jaejoong asked, startled with her sudden action. “O-omma…” Joonhee mumbled slowly but it was audible to Jaejoong’s hearing.

 

“You!”

 

Joonhee and Jaejoong’s eyes were set on the old lady. She was wearing a formal work apparel with diamonds surround her. Her facial expression was full with anger as she walked toward Joonhee.

 

“You’re such a filthy child!” Her hand went across her face then slap Joonhee’s cheek. The loud sound proved how strong the slap was, and there wasn’t needs to say about Joonhee’s redden cheek. Tears automatically rolled down Joonhee’s cheeks that moment.

 

“Stupid!” Her hand landed on Joonhee’s cheek again. “Don’t you know that your parents’ company is in trouble now? How could you’re not helping us? You’re such an ungrateful child!!” She was about to slap Joonhee again when Jaejoong suddenly came in between.

 

“Stop.” Jaejoong quickly hugged Joonhee who had stiffened herself since her mother came in. “What are you thinking you’re doing, mother?” Jaejoong controlled his anger but still tried to talk politely to his mother-in-law.

 

“You don’t have any right to interfere between me and my daughter.” Yoohee, warned her son-in-law. “I do have ‘coz I’m her husband and your action just now is hurting my wife.” Jaejoong motioned Joonhee to stand behind him.

 

“Tssk,” Yoohee gave a spiteful look at him. “…your marriage is just a business arrangement and you don’t have to be so good to her. As if a murderer likes her deserve it. Forget that my daughter there killed your beloved girlfriend?” Yoohee said in an insulating tone. Jaejoong and Joonhee looked at each other with a shocked expression on their faces.

 

. “I planned the marriage; of course I must know everything about your background, my dear son-in-law.” She revealed it herself when Jaejoong was about to ask her.

 

How could my own mother do this to me?

Am I really…

…That unworthy?

 

“Jae, step back.” Joonhee pulled Jaejoong’s wrist and walked toward Yoohee. “I’m not an ungrateful daughter.” Joonhee wiped her tears with the back of her hand. “I’m here, with my attorney and my husband to discuss about taking over the company, Mrs. Han.” Joonhee called her mother in a formal way.

 

“And if you come here just because you want to throw a tantrum about how ungrateful and filthy I am, you may find the exit door yourself because I’m doing the real business here.” Joonhee looked deeply into her mother’s eyes. Joonhee knew the reason why she was hurt and loveless was because of the woman in front of her.

 

“I’m not going to take any legal action toward you for harassing me so please get out of here right at this moment.” Joonhee said seriously that it surprised both Yoohee and Jaejoong. “I see you in the next board meeting.”

 

Yoohee was fumed in rage toward all her daughter’s braveness to reply her words. She didn’t realize that Joonhee in front of her was not the fragile and weak Joonhee anymore. In front of her now was the new Joonhee. With her chin upward, Yoohee turned her back and walked out of the room, not forgetting to slam it hard then.

 

“I don’t know you had it in you.” Jaejoong quickly hugged her to comfort his wife. “I-I don’t know too…” Joonhee clutched on Jaejoong’s shirt tightly. “Shhh…everything will be fine.” Jaejoong kissed her forehead.

 

“Are you two okay?” Yoochun walked into the room hesitatively. “I’m not coming in because it is a family problem and you know how much I hate dealing with family problem.” Yoochun smiled apologetically. “No, it’s okay.” Jaejoong accepted his apology.

 

“We should go home.” Jaejoong said, still hugging Joonhee. “Yes, you two should. I’ll call you later to give date and details for the board meeting.” Yoochun replied as he watched over Joonhee in Jaejoong’s embrace. She looked like she really needed a support.

.

.

.

.

hmmmmmmm? unsubs me?cryingcryingcrying

it's okay... it just encourage me to keep writing!!!indecision

readers~~~

i love you heart

tell me you love me too lolol

just kiddingsmiley

anyone who has twitter, follow me

@anyss022 let's be friend =3

currently working my to write the next chapter

will post it within 24 hours after you read this wink