Chapter 15

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

“Aish…my head is hurt from too much thinking,” Jaejoong massaged the back of his neck. He then walked toward a chair in the kitchen and settled himself. The other guys were busy on the backyard. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, intended to calm his mind.

 

“Mari…” Jaejoong eyes opened widely when he suddenly heard a soft voice coming from the living room. The voice made his shiver as well. “…where are you?” That voice…it can’t be… He quickly stood up and walked into living room.

 

Finally.

 

He found her. He found the woman that he longed for the past few months. Although it just her back, he was so sure this time. It was her, Han Joonhee. No, scratch that. She was Kim Joonhee, his wife. “Joonhee,” He called her name tenderly.

 

That voice…Joonheee quickly turned around and gasped. He was there, in front of her. Her face turned pale and she dropped the plastics that contained the juices that she had bought.

 

“…Ouch!” Joonhee crooned as the bottles fell right on her foot and caused her to lose her balance. “Joonhee!” Jaejoong dashed to save her from fell. Meanwhile, Joonhee was already closed her eyes but she opened her eyes back when she realized that she didn’t fall.

 

“Are you okay?” Jaejoong asked her with such a concern. Their positions were too close as Jaejoong’s hands were around her waist and their eyes meet. Jaejoong didn’t let her go yet but he tightens his embrace more. He looked down when he felt a big bump between them. “Joonhee…”

 

“You’re pregnant?” He looked into Joonhee’s eyes deeply. Joonhee gasped in horror and quickly pushed Jeajoong away. “I…” She didn’t know how to explain her own state to Jaejoong.

 

“I…” Her eyes started to tear up. “I’m sorry.” Joonhee bowed to Jaejoong. “What are you…” Jaejoong was about to say something when Joonhee cut his words. “I’m sorry! Sorry for everything! If I’m not disturbing Ayumi when she was driving, she won’t die! I…I’m sorry…” Her tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

 “You’ve suffered so much from losing her…I’m sorry…If the accident didn’t happen, you must be happy now with Ayumi…having your own family with her…I’m sorry…” Joonhee then kept bowing. “Stop!”

 

Joonhee stopped when she heard Jaejoong’s voice. She knew that tone. That was the tone that Jaejoong always used when he was angry with her. Joonhee looked down on the floor, didn’t dare to take a look on Jaejoong.

 

“Joonhee…” Jaejoong walked toward her. “Stop crying…” Jaejoong wiped her tears with great love and affection. Joonhee was caught off guard because it was the first time Jaejoong behaved gently toward her. “…I miss you.”

 

Jaejoong pulled her into a hug. “You never do anything wrong. Never. I’m the guilty one. I should not treat you like trash. You ought to be treated better than this. I’m sorry…” Jaejoong hugged her tightly.

 

Joonhee kept silent as Jaejoong confessed everything. Slowly, she pushed Jaejoong away, gently. “We don’t have any relationship anymore.” “You’re still my wife.” Jaejoong held her wrist.

 

“I’ve sign the divorcement paper.” Joonhee tried to say coldly. “But I didn’t sign it yet.” Jaejoong took out the paper from his pocket. “I bring this every where, in case if I found you. Now, I’ve found you.”

 

“Why are you doing this?” Joonhee asked confusedly. “Doing what?” Jaejoong asked back. “Why do you want to find me? Aren’t you happy now that I’ve been away from your life? You can be with any woman you want. You can bring them home every time too…” Joonhee’s voice was shaken.

 

Jaejoong gasped. So she knew it too… “I was so stupid at that time…I’m…I’m confused. When I found out that you knew everything, I… I just realized that I have a feeling on you.”

 

“Jaejoong…” Joonhee looked into his eyes. “…what you feel for me is not love. You pity me, that’s all.” Joonhee smiled bitterly. “No! I…”

 

“You know you don’t love me, why do you still won’t let me go? I’ve suffered enough Jaejoong…” Joonhee said as tears started to roll on her cheeks again. “Joonhee… listen…” Jaejoong wanted to say something, but Joonhee cut him.

 

“About this baby, you don’t need to worry. We won’t disturb your life… I know you won’t admit this baby as yours and I don’t mind it because the baby is mine. Only mine…”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jaejoong started to fell angry suddenly. He never thought about disowned his own child. Not when he loved the fact that Joonhee was pregnant with his baby now as he believed it would make it easier for him to get her back.

 

Joonhee sobbed slowly. There were tenses filled up the air as both of them didn’t say any words. “I—I’m leaving.” Joonhee intended to walk out of the house. But suddenly, Jaejoong pulled her on her wrist and pinned her to the wall. “You need to listen to me!” He looked into her eyes deeply.

 

“I love you!” the words spitted out from his mouth. Joonhee’s eyes widened hearing it. “You don’t, Jaejoong…” Joonhee denied it. Jaejoong let out a big sigh.

 

“I really love you! I admit that I was a before because of what have I done. But when you left, I realized that I love you! Please forgive me, Joonhee…”

 

“There’s no need for you to say sorry. It was my fault from the start. I shouldn’t kill Ayumi. It’s my fault that she die!!!”Joonhee shouted. She felt so hurt right now. She wanted to run away from there, disappeared from Jaejoong.

 

“Please don’t say like those… please… I know it just an accident…I shouldn’t blame you for her death…”

 

“…We can start everything back, Joonhee… Just you, me and our baby…” Jaejoong assured her. He then gently put his hand on Joonhee’s stomach. Joonhee was touched with his gestures. She never thought Jaejoong would admit their baby as his.

 

“Please…” Jaejoong begged her as he started to tear up. Jaejoong knew it’s not easy for her to forgive him as he had hurt Joonhee so much. He treated her badly, just because he wanted to take revenge on her when Joonhee was totally innocent.

 

Couldn’t held the tears back, Jaejoong cried in front of Joonhee. All his pride had gone because of her, the only woman that he loves now. “Are… are you crying?” Joonhee looked at him. Jaejoong let her from his grip and avoided to meet Joonhee’s gaze.

 

“Jae… Jaejoong…” Joonhee held his hand. “Please… come back to me. I can beg on my knees if that will make you back to me.” Jaejoong started to kneel down but Joonhee stopped him and hugged him suddenly. “Joon…Joonhee?” Jaejoong asked in surprise.

 

“Will you promise not to hurt me? Will you promise that you’ll always be by my side?” Joonhee asked him. Hugging her tightly, Jaejoong whispered into her ear, “I don’t want to make a promise. I will make sure you will never shed any tears and I will always by your side.”

 

There were silent only in the air. Jaejoong enjoyed how warmed it was to embrace Joonhee. Her scent always swayed him away although he denied the feeling before. “Maybe I can give this a chance.” Joonhee suddenly spoke up after a long silent.

 

“R—really?” Jaejoong stared into her eyes deeply. Joonhee nodded shyly and looked away. “I won’t hurt you. Not anymore. I rather die than hurting you. I love you, Kim Joonhee. I love you… so much.” Jaejoong cupped her face.

 

Slowly, Jaejoong leaned forward and brushed his lips to hers. Joonhee closed her eyes as Jaejoong slowly savoring her lips, tasting every part to claim her as him. They parted away after few minutes later.

 

“Thanks…thank you…thank you so much,” Jaejoong held her chin and kissed her forehead. “This,” He rose up the divorcement paper and tore it into pieces.” “…is not legal and no longer will be.” He smiled warmly at Joonhee.

 

“How months is our baby?” Jaejoong led Joonhee to sit on the couch. “Seven.” Joonhee answered shortly. She still felt a bit awkward with the sudden change in Jaejoong as Jaejoong knew it. He gently caressed her face and tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

“It’s awkward to see me like this?” Joonhee nodded slowly at his question. “You’ll see more.” Jaejoong kissed her cheek then bend down to her stomach level. “Baby…appa is here…” He kissed Joonhee’s stomach. For the first time after such a long time, Joonhee smiled when she saw Jaejoong’s warm smile from her below.This…this is what I want…

 

“Should we tell Junsu and Mari about your arrival?” Jaejoong interlaced their hands. Joonhee smiled and followed him. Together, they walked to the backyard to surprise their friends.

.

.

.

.

________________________________________________________________________________________

This is long smiley To redeem my inability to update for the next chapters frown oh, this story will end soon...(maybe)devil

can't wait for homin~~~~!

THANKS FOR THE LOVE!!!

comments, okay??wink