Chapter 13

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

She quickly hid herself behind empty big boxes. Joonhee tried to control her rapid breath by clasped her own mouth. She felt a slight pain on her belly but she bit her lips to endure it. I’m sorry, baby… luckily, after a while, the pain slowly went away.

 

 From her hid, she saw Jaejoong looked around as he had lost her from his sight. Don’t…don’t…don’t… She prayed inside her heart when Jaejoong looked to the direction of her hiding place.

 

“Where is she?” Jaejoong turned around. He had lost her. “There…?” Jaejoong asked himself when he saw a bunch of empty big boxes. He then walked toward the boxes but then stopped. “She must be somewhere else, not here.” Jaejoong turned away and went back to the car.

 

“Hyung! Where are you?” Changmin asked curiously when he saw Jaejoong came back to the car, panted. “I saw Joonhee.” Jaejoong took a deep breathe as he leaned on the car seat. “What? Are you sure?” jaejoong nodded to Changmin’s questions. “I think it's her…”

 

“Are you sure that’s her?” Changmin asked to confirm. “Now I’m not sure…” Jaejoong sighed. “But if she wasn’t Joonhee, why would she run away from me when I called Joonhee’s name?” Jaejoong gave his reason.

 

“Maybe because the woman was freaked out as a strange man called her with his wife’s name.” Changmin shrugged his shoulder. “…maybe.” Jaejoong said after thinking for a moment. He then started the car and drove back to Junsu’s house.

 

-

 

I’m sure he’s gone by now…” Joonhee peered. After she was confirmed, she went out of her hiding and walked toward Yoonji who was standing worriedly beside her car. “Unni! Where have you been? Omo, you’re sweating! What’s wrong?” She asked.

 

“Nothing…I…I went to the toilet just now. Let’s go home.” Joonhee lied to her. “By the way, what took you so long inside? And you just buy…chocolates.” Joonhee looked at what she bought when they were already inside the car.

 

“I had a quarrel with such an inconsiderate guy just now…” She pouted. “…he refused to give up upon the last bar of my favorite chocolate. Luckily I won.” Yoonji smiled with victory. Joonhee laughed at her. But inside, her heart beating hard when she remembered what just happened. What is he doing…here?

.

.

.

.